PS4 - Batman Arkham Knight

BUZZ! Quiz World Hits PSP December 17 + New Content for BUZZ! on PS3

Jenny Barbour's Avatar + Posted by Jenny Barbour on Dec 03, 2009 // Associate Producer

Great news, BUZZ! fans! I hope that you’re ready to rock, because the new Rock Idols Quiz Pack for BUZZ! PS3 titles hits PSN today! Boost your BUZZ! Quiz TV and BUZZ! Quiz World (PS3) trivia banks with over 500 new questions on the songs, lyrics, and lives of the world’s greatest rock idols. Check out these sample questions to see if your music trivia knowledge is up to snuff:

BUZZ! Rock Idols Quiz Pack

IN 2000, WHICH OF THESE ROCK LEGENDS MADE IT INTO THE TOP TEN OF VH1′S 100 GREATEST HARD ROCK ARTISTS?

• JIMI HENDRIX
  • AEROSMITH
  • NIRVANA
  • KISS

WHICH ILL-FATED BAND PERFORMED THE EPIC SONG ‘FREE BIRD’?

• LED ZEPPELIN
  • LYNYRD SKYNYRD
  • THE ROLLING STONES
  • THE WHO

IN THE EARLY 90′S, NIRVANA’S EX-DRUMMER SAID, ‘I’LL STICK AROUND’ AND FORMED WHICH BAND?

• RADIOHEAD
  • BUSH
  • SILVERCHAIR
  • FOO FIGHTERS

DESPITE REFUTING SUCH CLAIMS, WHO DID THE PUBLIC CONSIDER TO BE THE GRATEFUL DEAD’S FRONT MAN?

• CHUCK NORRIS
  • JERRY LEWIS
  • JERRY GARCIA
  • JERRY SEINFELD

WHICH ‘FREE FALLIN’ SINGER-SONGWRITER HEADED UP THE HEARTBREAKERS?

• TOM PENNY
  • TOM PETTY
  • TOM CRUISE
  • TOM GREEN

The good news doesn’t end there. I’m happy to announce that BUZZ! Quiz World will be coming to PSP on December 17! Available for download only on PSP, BUZZ! Quiz World will put the full quiz show experience in the palm of your hand. Not only will you get to test your trivia talent with over 3,000 new questions in an updated single player mode, you’ll be able to connect with up to three other players for a multiplayer showdown in the new online infrastructure mode. You’ll also be able to access MyBUZZ user generated content as well as downloadable Quiz Packs for the first time ever on PSP with BUZZ! Quiz World.

Thanks for checking in, BUZZ! fans! Stay tuned to the PlayStation.Blog for the latest BUZZ! news and be sure to check out BUZZ! Quiz World when it launches on PSP later this month!

26 Comments

+ Mies2000 on December 3rd, 2009 at 1:07 pm said:

Cool! Buzz on the GO!

+ FunkyTable on December 3rd, 2009 at 1:11 pm said:

Nirvana (Though they shouldn’t have)

LYNYRD SKYNYRD

FOO FIGHTERS Easiest question ever

JERRY GARCIA

Tom Petty

+ Ejsponge61 on December 3rd, 2009 at 1:20 pm said:

Ooooo! All these new features in the PSP Buzz Quiz World may make me finally buy a buzz game!

+ THE_LIGHT_05 on December 3rd, 2009 at 1:28 pm said:

@2

Why don’t you think Nirvana was an appropriate winner?
They were a great band while they lasted?

We miss you Kurt…

+ mywhitenoise on December 3rd, 2009 at 1:28 pm said:

You guys REALLY need to drop the price of the quiz packs. I would have bought the Rock and Video Games packs if they were $3 cheaper. No way in hell am I paying $8 a pack.

+ joseph2411 on December 3rd, 2009 at 1:28 pm said:

One of the features i want the most for the Buzz series is spanish language option for the North American version of the game….i may give this a try….alone or online but i would like to play this game with all my family. i guess i can only hope for it to be included in the next version :( sigh

+ Frejim on December 3rd, 2009 at 1:31 pm said:

Please drop prices of the packs!!!!

need more!

+ THAT_SOCOM_GUY on December 3rd, 2009 at 1:36 pm said:

Hey Happy 15th BIRTHDAY PLAYSTATION! Did ya think way back in 1994 that what you going to be like this 15 years later. Keep it up and WHERE IS THE BIG BIRTHDAY BASH? LETS HEAR IT FOR 15 MORE YEARS.

+ Berae on December 3rd, 2009 at 1:37 pm said:

Can we get some answers….

Is Buzz quiz world only in English in north america? thank you

+ angelcoma on December 3rd, 2009 at 1:39 pm said:

1. NIRVANA
2. LYNYRD SKYNYRD
3. FOO FIGHTERS
4. JERRY GARCIA
5. TOM PETTY

What do I win :)

+ Thwip on December 3rd, 2009 at 1:44 pm said:

Love BUZZ! – Thanx!

+ LILBUDDY2000 on December 3rd, 2009 at 1:52 pm said:

After try Scene-it does BUZZ really have any compitition…nope. Buzz Quiz World is already great and ‘rock legends’ will be a great addition…thx.

+ joseph2411 on December 3rd, 2009 at 1:52 pm said:

@9 Berae
Yes, Buzz Quiz World (PS3 – don’t know about the PSP one) is only english in North America. I asked the devs Relentless Software via twitter and they confirmed this, thats why i posted that @6. I just hope they can add the language one day.

+ OldKai on December 3rd, 2009 at 1:55 pm said:

Price for PSP Version?

+ Debille on December 3rd, 2009 at 2:24 pm said:

I’d like to know if the PS3 version will be patched with French and Spanish language ? I don’t want to buy the european version like i did with Buzz Quiz TV .

+ poweredbyzen on December 3rd, 2009 at 3:00 pm said:

buzz! makes me a smarter fanboy – sweet!

+ Randy_Rhoads on December 3rd, 2009 at 3:16 pm said:

Please put out a language patch or a new version with spanish!!!

+ Thwip on December 3rd, 2009 at 3:39 pm said:

The PSN Store update just went up, and I see the BUZZ Quiz Packs are back at $7.99 again. That’s unfortunate; I will be passing on it, as I have with previous packs at $7.99.

The $5.99 price point IMO is the highest price point these packs should go out at. In all honesty; I think at $4.99 (perceptually a below $5) price point would be ideal, and you would sell more.

My $0.02

+ Stellore on December 3rd, 2009 at 4:29 pm said:

Thats for the info.

Any word on a patch that has Buzz on Buzz Quiz World properly pronounce a player’s full name?

+ Poxxer on December 3rd, 2009 at 4:29 pm said:

Fantastic news. The last Buzz PSP game was great and the MyBuzz connection should be pretty cool.

Buzz is a $39.99 retail game (no buzzers) and has “over 5000″ questions. It seems like $3.99 is a fair price for 10% of the retail question total. I could see maybe a $1 premium to choose which questions packs you wanted.

+ sscoolChea on December 3rd, 2009 at 5:29 pm said:

Love the question packs , but 1 question …Where are the online stats ? Me and my fiance been beating everyone up and no stats to show for it .Anyone up for a buzz game hit us up .We play as a team so you might need a partner to beat us .

+ devils_triangle on December 3rd, 2009 at 6:16 pm said:

Silly Goose everyone knows number 4 is CHUCK NORRIS!

+ remanutd5 on December 3rd, 2009 at 6:52 pm said:

yeap , getting it for my psp GO

+ Berae on December 3rd, 2009 at 7:20 pm said:

@13 joseph2411

oh ok cool thanks for the answer… The guys that post things about buzz dosnt response much..

I wish it would be in french this time, i guess i will have to pass this time

+ Galley on December 4th, 2009 at 6:21 am said:

Could those questions be any easier?

+ lanocty on December 4th, 2009 at 12:16 pm said:

This is the first quiz pack in ages… are we going to see these more regularly now?