PS4 - Batman Arkham Knight

UNCHARTED: Eye of Indra Motion Comic Episodes 3 and 4 Available Today on PSN

Mick Perona's Avatar + Posted by Mick Perona on Dec 04, 2009 // Associate Product Marketing Manager, First Party Games

Like UNCHARTED

Back in October, Naughty Dog’s Neil Druckmann unveiled the first episode of our UNCHARTED: Eye of Indra motion comic when it was released on the PlayStation Store. In that post, he mentioned that we’ll be releasing the rest of the episodes starting in November. If you were busy with the Thanksgiving holiday, you have may missed that Episode 2 was released last week, so head to the PlayStation Store to check it out.

UNCHARTED Eye of Indra New Episodes

We’ll be releasing the remaining episodes – Episode 3 and 4 – TODAY for $0.99 each on the US PlayStation Store.

If you haven’t checked out UNCHARTED: Eye of Indra to get a sneak peek at Nathan Drake before the events in UNCHARTED: Drake’s Fortune, head to the PlayStation Store and download Episode 1, which is still available for free.

UNCHARTED Eye of Indra Episode 1 UNCHARTED Eye of Indra Episode 2

UNCHARTED Eye of Indra Episode 3 UNCHARTED Eye of Indra Episode 4

PAGE 1 2

+ wolvyfactor on December 4th, 2009 at 3:00 pm said:

Awe, I bought episode 2 last night and now you release the second half now. Guess I better find something else to buy along with it… wait, that was your evil intention all along wasn’t it?

+ fisapo on December 4th, 2009 at 3:16 pm said:

great, I got YLOD today, and I can’t get it!!!

+ Zezzler on December 4th, 2009 at 3:16 pm said:

since the last 3 are going to be in the ‘game’ section of the xmb, do you think that you could pull some strings to get the first one as a ‘game’ as well? (the lack of organization in my ps3 is killing me XD)

+ BrushYourTeeth on December 4th, 2009 at 3:52 pm said:

So I remember you guys saying there was going to be something special packed in with future episodes…is there something hidden in these last two or what?

+ ynp7 on December 4th, 2009 at 4:47 pm said:

Do these all have ads for Toyota in them, too?

+ GAM3R_16 on December 4th, 2009 at 6:23 pm said:

That’s awesome I will be buying this when I get payed

Btw you guys are awesome I hope you guys win studio of the Year!

+ anotherdae on December 4th, 2009 at 6:27 pm said:

I think they could do without the talk bubbles.

+ SuperTiso on December 4th, 2009 at 7:29 pm said:

From an earlier reply it was stated that the free one not being DRM and the paid content being DRM, however, that didn’t explain why one is a video format and the rest are these custom advertised heavy versions under the game section?

I mean for intents and purposes I buy content off the video store so I don’t see why the rest of the motion comic couldn’t have been a paid video file nor why the first episode can’t be made into the same format as the rest and remain free. Isn’t that the point?

+ MadmanEU on December 4th, 2009 at 8:00 pm said:

Its not a matter of “next week”.

Canada and the US are the SAME CONTINENT! There is no reason why the stores aren’t all run by the same governing body, regardless of US or Canada.

We should have had the PS Video store long ago, but Sony doesn’t give a rats ass about Canada. They’re simply trying to save face with their “We’re so glad Canada will be getting things, just not on time”.

I love my Ps3, but Sony has been ****ing me for too long. Goodbye support for Ps4!

+ secularsage on December 4th, 2009 at 8:09 pm said:

The comics are cool, but:

1) Commercials in pay content? WHY?

2) I still don’t understand why these had to be done in mediocre comic book-style art instead of game-engine cutscenes that would have looked better and allowed for some neat action. The artwork is very inconsistent, and Drake’s facial expressions never seem to fit the scene. I get the sense that the artist has little experience working in the comic book medium.

3) As numerous people have asked… where is the promised pack-in?

4) As numerous people have stated… why can’t users buy these all in one $2.99 file with a menu that allows you to “play all” or “select a chapter”? It’s annoying that Episode 1 is in a different format from the others, and it’s also annoying to have three different chapters that may not show up next to each other on the game menu.

+ Nick-30 on December 4th, 2009 at 8:14 pm said:

Eh! When are the canadian fortune hunter edition winners are going to be announced.

+ C-Murph666 on December 4th, 2009 at 9:05 pm said:

You wanna bundle them all together in one package for me?

+ wheskeydean on December 4th, 2009 at 10:00 pm said:

Pack in?

+ Fahrbot on December 4th, 2009 at 10:57 pm said:

I really wish you guys would have just used the regular video store DRM. Making them different downloadable games is just plain clunky and takes away from usability. This makes me question if I even want to buy them. I can’t watch the episodes back to back, I can’t rewind them, I can’t organize them in my videos section, I can’t even play them with using just my remote. You guys might as well have made these DLC for UC2 and playable only from in the game. Pretty lame guys.

+ Zarxce on December 4th, 2009 at 11:38 pm said:

Canadian here. Thanks for posting in the comments that they’ll be coming next week. From the post itself I was guessing not at all, but I’m happy to hear that isn’t the case. Can’t wait to pick it up.

+ HIGHESTofTHEMALL on December 5th, 2009 at 1:34 am said:

why is episode 1 in the video section after you download it and episode 2, 3, and 4 are in the game section. I would like Sony to fix this so I can group them together.

+ Korbei83 on December 5th, 2009 at 2:14 am said:

Yeah.. I’ve already watched it all on YouTube. This is why Canada is so notorious when it comes to piracy. [DELETED] like you are constantly leaving us no other option.

“Coming soon” doesn’t suffice in this day and age. Wake the hell up.

+ hjason1 on December 5th, 2009 at 6:32 am said:

i think it’s ridiculous that we have to pay $0.99 for a less then 5 minute episode. i also think it is ridiculous you are forced to watch the toyota add. when the add is longer then the show is it seems like your paying the advertisers to watch the add. that don’t seem like good business practice to me..

+ polo155 on December 5th, 2009 at 8:29 am said:

Ijust wish sony would stop lyingto me on the phone as to why im having DNS 80410410 errors when i try to log into ANYTHING with my account, I ought a PSP Go and a 16gb card aswell with the cradle and all for this to happen, a system dependent on PSN, hump… Dont get me wrong,i lovemy psp go, its the best but sony and there infastructure is really under par to the usual Sont Quality i am used to. I am really sadden with this issue for i tried everything from port forwarding to dmz to formatting and restoring my psp go AND card (which really hurts)… 3 days of Time Warnder Costumer service, Sony Reps and Linksys.. ive had my network running solid for years with almost 30 mbps (on psn thats reduced to 2.3 to 6 mbps because of psn server stress ) and for sony to have me with the run-around is Really not cool. Sony you really need to fix this issue IMMEDIATELY!!

+ polo155 on December 5th, 2009 at 8:34 am said:

GoW is Agreeat game by the way.

+ Solid-Snake-Eyes on December 5th, 2009 at 9:44 am said:

Thanks for specifying that this was for the US store only, that’s very rare and if we aren’t getting it in Canada it’s nice to know that ahead of time. Usually I get excited about a new announcement, go check the store, and find out we don’t get it. I would ask you to release the rest of Indra in Canada but I don’t think it’d make a difference. This isn’t a sarcastic post, by the way.

+ CondorMcG on December 5th, 2009 at 9:52 am said:

Get it off the UK store. No advertising there :P

+ EruditionalLies on December 5th, 2009 at 11:59 am said:

Wow, you people will complain about anything…
First, it’s A DOLLAR per episode, there are only FOUR, and you want a DISCOUNT? Are you kidding me? All I have to do is walk to and from work for one day and I’ve already made up the cost of the four episodes! For one, no one is forcing you to buy it; and what makes you feel entitled to a discount, anyway?
As for the complaints about ads, get over it. We’ve all been watching previews at movie theaters for decades, and the sad truth is that if video games are going to continue to be a major form of entertainment (like movies, television and radio) they need ads all the same.
This kind of “I deserve everything for nothing” attitude is why today’s youth feels it’s okay to go ahead and pirate everything rather than give artists in the entertainment fields their due. And yet everyone still wants to complain about the waning quality of art nowadays.

+ TheGuardianFID on December 5th, 2009 at 12:25 pm said:

I just saw the last two episodes, they rocked and I just wanted to say thank you to ND for The Fort, it’s beautiful and has become one of my favorite maps, kudos to you ladies and gentlemen!!! :D

+ BCofSpades on December 5th, 2009 at 4:19 pm said:

Mick, how come you avoid answering questions about the pack-in you first talked about? I already bought all of them separately, since they were only offered separately. So if a special “pack-in” is released it’ll be unfair for those who bought it now. Please respond!!

+ klekamp on December 5th, 2009 at 6:58 pm said:

I guess I should comment about this matter, but PS or whoever owns this content needs to be cracking down on the uploads to youtube and other sites.

+ gilgamesh21 on December 5th, 2009 at 9:25 pm said:

Hi Mick, since you’re a Product Marketing Specialist SCEA, I want to give you feedback on PS3 3.10. Maybe you can help?
1.Please allow the option to choose the “system start-up” I want.
a. Original “Sony Computer Entertainment/ classical music”.
b. New “PS3/ neo-classical music”.
2. Allow me to have the XMB icons/words stay visible or fade.
3. Allow me to turn on/off the “adticker” in top right corner.
4.Please allow me to choose which “media boot-up” screen I want.
a. Original “PLAYSTATION 3/ jingle” splash screen.
b. New “black screen/ no jingle”.
The original splash is comfortable and heart warming!
5. Please bring back basic black! I want the old black colour theme with my sparkles please!
6. Allow me to turn off the Whats New icon, completely removing it from my XMB.
Everyone loves superficial customization. Many PLAYSTATION 3 users would use these options.
Thanks for your hardwork, I know Sony is trying to make PS3/PSN/XMB better,I appreciate that. I know SCEA may not be responsible for the changes, so please let SCEI know too. Happy Holidays!

+ vikingbht on December 5th, 2009 at 10:16 pm said:

I agree with comment 78..
And I am sure everyone else in the world would too.

These are things, which I assume are not really difficult for you guys.

I just wonder why would you not already have em in the first place and why are we having to push you guys to do it for us..

Please do bring back the Playstation 3 jingle.. We absolutely love it.
And everthing else too.

And while you are at it….. Please do throw in a few more music visualizers.

+ darthmilo77 on December 6th, 2009 at 12:09 pm said:

Pack in?

+ twooh on December 6th, 2009 at 2:30 pm said:

Is the episodes after one ad free? Cause I don’t wanna buy something that a advertiser had paid for.

+ tropicalskin on December 6th, 2009 at 9:26 pm said:

Thanks to Naughty Dog and Sony for brings all the episodes to the Canadian Playstation Store. 2 thumbs up!

+ Tekkenfighter123 on December 7th, 2009 at 1:13 am said:

Don’t get me wrong. I just found the comics today, and downloaded the free one, but why do you have to pay for them if they have sponsors/commercials already? or is it just commercials for the free one?? I want to get the rest, but trying to wait till it ends so I can watch it all the way though. Hope the PSN does this with other games/or comics. Really would be cool to have it on the psp also. Either way, I like them a lot. Good job!

+ jwood87 on December 14th, 2009 at 2:18 pm said: