PS4 - Transistor

White Knight Chronicles International Edition Coming to PS3 February 2, 2010

Cristian Cardona's Avatar + Posted by Cristian Cardona on Dec 04, 2009 // Associate Product Marketing Manager, Software Marketing

So we know there are a bunch of people out there who are going to be getting a PlayStation 3 this holiday (or already opened theirs). Many new owners are probably going to ask us what we have to offer, and as many of you know, there’s plenty!

Level-5 and SCEA would like to add to that list of fantastic titles by announcing the North American release of White Knight Chronicles International Edition February 2, 2010.

White Knight Chronicles International Edition Packfront

The International Edition not only includes the fully localized copy of White Knight Chronicles, but it also comes with the following additional features and content:

• Over 50 disc-based online quests. You can complete these quests solo, or cooperatively with up to three other players to gain extra gear and experience. (That’s just on the disc. Wait until you hear what else we’ll have at launch!)
  • Voice Chat. Need we say more? =)
  • The Georama. Build an online village for your character where you can invite friends to complete quests online and purchase unique items and gear.
  • Live Talk. Leonard and his companions will have side conversations during gameplay, adding a little more character to your travels through the world of White Knight Chronicles.

We hope you’re as excited as we are about this upcoming release! Be sure to check out this month’s coverage in Qore and keep an eye out for even more information on this incredible RPG in the coming weeks!

PAGE 1 2 3 5

+ Axecution on December 4th, 2009 at 10:02 am said:

RPGs ftw

+ Azure-Edge on December 4th, 2009 at 10:06 am said:

Cool, second post. I’ve been hearing about this game for a while now, can’t wait to see what’s in store for it.

+ angelcoma on December 4th, 2009 at 10:06 am said:

Awesome! Thanks!

Can’t wait. Very excited.

+ trustter on December 4th, 2009 at 10:06 am said:

Day 1 for me.

+ Azure-Edge on December 4th, 2009 at 10:06 am said:

Cool, second comment.

This is looking like a pretty cool game, good to see some rpgs making their way.

+ Craiji on December 4th, 2009 at 10:09 am said:

Thank You guys!

Day one

+ GamerMoney on December 4th, 2009 at 10:11 am said:

can’t wait, I wish there was a ps3 dark cloud btw

Cristian Cardona's Avatar

+ Tsubasa Inaba on December 4th, 2009 at 10:27 am said:

Thanks for the good memories.
    Coincidentally, I worked on the Dark Cloud series too. Good times!

+ Sir_Rickard on December 4th, 2009 at 10:11 am said:

Awesome, when is the Europe release date?

Cristian Cardona's Avatar

+ Cristian Cardona on December 4th, 2009 at 10:15 am said:

We\’re hoping to have them announce in the coming weeks. Keep an eye out on the European blog.

+ Sparx88 on December 4th, 2009 at 10:12 am said:

Can’t wait! The window between this and FFXIII is a little short though but at least it’ll ensure that this game gets a great deal of time devoted to it to have it finished in time.

+ BlooodyCow on December 4th, 2009 at 10:12 am said:

I am having a heart attack here. I am speechless right now :)
Sony, I love you.

I do have one question. Since this is the international version, will it have multiple languages to select from? For example, the original Japanese voice over with english subs?

Cristian Cardona's Avatar

+ Tsubasa Inaba on December 4th, 2009 at 10:28 am said:

Multi-language support, yes.
    English, French and Spanish.
    (voice over is English only)

We tried to include the Japanese but unfortunately couldn\’t make it happen. So sorry… :-(

+ Craiji on December 4th, 2009 at 10:12 am said:

I know the original Japanese release did not have Dual Shock 3 support.

Does the International Version support the DS3?

Cristian Cardona's Avatar

+ Cristian Cardona on December 4th, 2009 at 10:19 am said:

Sorry, Caiji. It doesn\’t support DS3 rumble technology.

+ Delriach on December 4th, 2009 at 10:13 am said:

+ adolson on December 4th, 2009 at 10:13 am said:

About time!!! Pretty excited to play this one.

+ Tyrsis on December 4th, 2009 at 10:13 am said:

Please have Japanese VO.
Please.

+ tuazn4u on December 4th, 2009 at 10:13 am said:

Finally! Glad that this is coming out 1 month before FF13! Smart move ;)

Day 1 purchase for me!

+ BlooodyCow on December 4th, 2009 at 10:14 am said:

yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes

I know this look like spam, but I am just excited right now knowing this.

+ LetumLupus03 on December 4th, 2009 at 10:14 am said:

But is the international edition supposed to be available in stores or do we have to pre-order it? And if this is what we get in stores, what will be the price? 59.99$?

Cristian Cardona's Avatar

+ Cristian Cardona on December 4th, 2009 at 10:21 am said:

You\’ll be in able to pick it up in stores. We\’d like you to pre-order it, of course! The price will be $59.99.

+ Miketheking75 on December 4th, 2009 at 10:14 am said:

I wanna know if it got updated graphics, cause the jp version was lacking.

Cristian Cardona's Avatar

+ Cristian Cardona on December 4th, 2009 at 10:21 am said:

The graphics have remained the same.

+ Dragonzblaze on December 4th, 2009 at 10:16 am said:

awesome been waiting a long time for this game to come 2 the states cant w8 2 get it XD

+ DrHorrible256 on December 4th, 2009 at 10:18 am said:

did this get good reviews in Japan? I feel like it didn’t.

+ LetumLupus03 on December 4th, 2009 at 10:19 am said:

Yea and like the other guy said, will there be updated graphics? since its been like forever since the game was out in Japan…It needs to be better in every way possible! But I like the new contents!! Don’t get me wrong on that!

+ dark_cloud64 on December 4th, 2009 at 10:19 am said:

@Gamermonkey: I could not agree with you more. As you might be able to tell by my PSN ID I really like Dark Cloud and level-5 so I hope their next title is Dark Cloud 3.

+ komori_kiri on December 4th, 2009 at 10:19 am said:

Finally some (good) WKC news!

But what about the original Japanese voice/dub, is that included?

+ FearMonkey on December 4th, 2009 at 10:20 am said:

“International Edition” implies that it includes the original Japanese voice-overs with subtitles.

Does it? I would prefer to play the game with the original voice-over track.

Thanks for the info! :)

Cristian Cardona's Avatar

+ Tsubasa Inaba on December 4th, 2009 at 10:32 am said:

As I posted above, we unfortunately were not able to include the Japanese original voice overs.

However, we have spent extensive & quality time making sure the English voice overs are spot on.

We hope you will enjoy the game regardless!

+ infamousXX87XX on December 4th, 2009 at 10:23 am said:

Day 1 buy. Going to pre-order

+ PeinRinnegan on December 4th, 2009 at 10:26 am said:

what #24 said

original japanese voice-overs yes no?

+ lukeike on December 4th, 2009 at 10:27 am said:

How does it NOT support rumble? I mean come on, they have had over a year to work on the english on, and have had rumble technology for a little over a decade…. does anyone else think thats weird?? Anyways, I’ll pre-order it as soon as it is available to do so on amazon! GO LEVEL 5!!!! bring dark cloud 3!

+ LetumLupus03 on December 4th, 2009 at 10:28 am said:

How long is the main story? without counting the side-quests!

+ dnirish on December 4th, 2009 at 10:29 am said:

you need lfd2 if you want to compete with xbl.

+ Silent_Gig on December 4th, 2009 at 10:29 am said:

does it support japanese/eng subs?

+ LetumLupus03 on December 4th, 2009 at 10:30 am said:

How long is the story without counting the side-quests?

+ CrashSpyro on December 4th, 2009 at 10:30 am said:

So the Georama and online quests weren’t in the Japanese version? Sounds like a lot of content that’s been added for this version.

Cristian Cardona's Avatar

+ Cristian Cardona on December 4th, 2009 at 10:32 am said:

Some online quests were available at launch in Japan. Additional quests and the Georama were added later via patch. For the US, we\’re putting everything on the disc and adding more (outlined above).

+ VenomXv on December 4th, 2009 at 10:31 am said:

I have been waiting awhile to play this game. Do we need rumble in this game? It’s an RPG. BTW, as you and many people know, the second one was announced a couple of months ago. Will it come to the US too?

+ almighty-slayer on December 4th, 2009 at 10:31 am said:

Awesome news guys :D Looks good and i’m not even into RPGs

Look forward to finding out a European release date :) Don’t make us suffer too much!

+ jqtaxpayer on December 4th, 2009 at 10:32 am said:

Georama? Wait, WHAT!? Is this game like Dark Cloud!? Oh, please say it is! I’ve been waiting for a new Dark Cloud game since I beat the second one… like ten times!

Cristian Cardona's Avatar

+ Cristian Cardona on December 4th, 2009 at 11:15 am said:

You\’ll be seeing some stuff real soon on that and I think you\’ll be pretty happy about it =)

+ Dice_for_Death_ on December 4th, 2009 at 10:34 am said:

:D

+ LetumLupus03 on December 4th, 2009 at 10:35 am said:

why did White Knight Chronicles took that much time to come in North America? just a question like that! I’m sure I’ll become a true fan of White Knight Chronicles as soon as I’ll get it! Loving the cover art by the way ^^

+ Silent_Gig on December 4th, 2009 at 10:37 am said:

PLEASE ANSWER!

Will there be a White Knight Chronicles offical site with the report log and the manga translated?

+ dnirish on December 4th, 2009 at 10:38 am said:

what about getting LFD2 for ps3?

+ HazeBlaze on December 4th, 2009 at 10:39 am said:

OMG, it is about freakin time!!! I can’t wait!!! I am now officially more excited for this than FF again!!!

+ Assassin_10k on December 4th, 2009 at 10:39 am said:

Can’t wait for this! Loved Dark Cloud 1 & 2!

+ NewYork214 on December 4th, 2009 at 10:40 am said:

i cant wait for this game. hopefully ill have money to buy it when it releases if not ill have to get it on gamefly.

id also love to see a dark cloud 3 on PS3.

+ Jon_Mclane on December 4th, 2009 at 10:42 am said:

Too many RPGs!!! star ocean, 3d dot game heroes, final fantasy xiii, and this. I will be playing nothing but rpgs next year

+ LetumLupus03 on December 4th, 2009 at 10:42 am said:

I think White Knight Story is the only exclusive RPG that will eventually become a serie on SONY s Playstation 3 right? At least there is one!

+ Bizdady on December 4th, 2009 at 10:44 am said:

Already preordered! This will definately keep me busy till FFXIII comes along :)

+ KazeEternal on December 4th, 2009 at 10:45 am said:

White Knight, Star Ocean, and FFXIII all within a months time…. spoil me please lol.

+ longmeat on December 4th, 2009 at 10:46 am said:

Been waiting for this for a long time. Def getting this day 1!!

+ HazeBlaze on December 4th, 2009 at 10:47 am said:

No Japanese VO? :-(… I hope you guys start realizing we prefer this for future titles.

+ TrueFFVIIFan on December 4th, 2009 at 10:48 am said:

When will we know more about “incentive” bonuses that some of us will receive if we place this game on pre-order…? I hope that those “incentive” bonuses are GOOD! Please make that happen!

+ KwietStorm on December 4th, 2009 at 10:48 am said:

No rumble support or Japanese voices after all this time? Is there a clear reason for this?

PAGE 1 2 3 5