PS4-Watch_Dogs

White Knight Chronicles International Edition Coming to PS3 February 2, 2010

Cristian Cardona's Avatar + Posted by Cristian Cardona on Dec 04, 2009 // Associate Product Marketing Manager, Software Marketing

So we know there are a bunch of people out there who are going to be getting a PlayStation 3 this holiday (or already opened theirs). Many new owners are probably going to ask us what we have to offer, and as many of you know, there’s plenty!

Level-5 and SCEA would like to add to that list of fantastic titles by announcing the North American release of White Knight Chronicles International Edition February 2, 2010.

White Knight Chronicles International Edition Packfront

The International Edition not only includes the fully localized copy of White Knight Chronicles, but it also comes with the following additional features and content:

• Over 50 disc-based online quests. You can complete these quests solo, or cooperatively with up to three other players to gain extra gear and experience. (That’s just on the disc. Wait until you hear what else we’ll have at launch!)
  • Voice Chat. Need we say more? =)
  • The Georama. Build an online village for your character where you can invite friends to complete quests online and purchase unique items and gear.
  • Live Talk. Leonard and his companions will have side conversations during gameplay, adding a little more character to your travels through the world of White Knight Chronicles.

We hope you’re as excited as we are about this upcoming release! Be sure to check out this month’s coverage in Qore and keep an eye out for even more information on this incredible RPG in the coming weeks!

+ Souledge94 on December 4th, 2009 at 12:26 pm said:

Smart move guys. FEB 2 is a good time to release your game. Just one question how come rumble cant be added? Isint it just like adding a patch. I mean are you thinking of adding rumble. Besides that question theres nothing els to say but THANK YOU. I have been waiting for this game for some time and I hope the second part is brought over a bit faster.

+ xewndar1 on December 4th, 2009 at 12:26 pm said:

ill get this game day 1 because unlike Dragon Age: Origins (which is awesome btw) this has multiplayer!

+ xewndar1 on December 4th, 2009 at 12:27 pm said:

good RPG competition since Bioware is releasing Mass Effect 2 a couple days before. Although ME2 seems more of a shooter

+ Roxas598 on December 4th, 2009 at 12:31 pm said:

Don’t suppose a demo will be released?

+ bashbro25 on December 4th, 2009 at 12:35 pm said:

is that the official cover for white knight chronicle? cause that looks freakin sweet!!! can’t wait til feb for this game……..and many others to come oh Sony too much to buy but keep’em comming :p

+ DAS_COOL on December 4th, 2009 at 12:36 pm said:

How come this game surprisingly doesn’t support DS3? It’s like pretty much used for every games since 2008…

+ Sindred on December 4th, 2009 at 12:37 pm said:

It comes from Level 5, thus it has my support, hands down. And I saw the Qore video on this last night. Sooooo awesome!

+ gor1llap1mp on December 4th, 2009 at 12:42 pm said:

No rumble? What the hell? Are we gonna have to go over this issue again? Come on, its gonna be 2010 and with all this time waiting for this title theres no DualShock 3 support. Im afraid ill wait for the bargain bin. Damn shame.

+ Herlock21 on December 4th, 2009 at 12:42 pm said:

And FF13 a month later and END OF ETERNITY maybe next (with japanese track, Sega and Tri Ace listen gamers!), this game is send to died…
Worldwide release guys next time with japanese track, not in 2012 with nothing!

+ rotary08 on December 4th, 2009 at 1:07 pm said:

I can’t wait to add that box into part of my collection. Wished it was released this year, maybe December. Been following this game for a long time now, good to see a set release date.

+ n4nobust3r on December 4th, 2009 at 1:07 pm said:

so you guys called this “international” but you didn’t include the original japanese voice?

if you want it called international at least use the original VO with multiple languange sub(if the space is not enough for dual voice,maybe using dual layer BD can help the size) or maybe next time you should chose other name like “American Edition” not “international” because”international” made jrpg player expected for original VO included!

in february There is SO “International” it include the original japanese VO!

if sega (VC/RoF) know and listen that their core target want original japanese voice why can’t you listen to? because real gamer want choice!

oh and aksys,NISA,namco bandai(ES)including dual voice or japanese voice only!

anyway still hoping you guys release dlc for the japanese voice or maybe released another version “the real international one” I’m going to support this game but next time you should include dual voice in your so called “international edition”

+ MadmanEU on December 4th, 2009 at 1:11 pm said:

WKC 2 is already in development for Japan.

This took WAY too long to get localized. This was taken off my must buy list months ago. Too bad you suck at what you do Level 5.

+ Neil on December 4th, 2009 at 1:15 pm said:

Where’s Kumi?

Cristian Cardona's Avatar

+ Kumi Yuasa on December 4th, 2009 at 7:21 pm said:

Hi Neil. I\’m here. :)

Thanks for your support on this title. We hope to see your avatar online.

+ pancakesandsx on December 4th, 2009 at 1:26 pm said:

What is being done with the theme song? Keeping it, cutting vocals, or having someone sing it in English?

+ phantom2k88 on December 4th, 2009 at 1:35 pm said:

to be honest sony should not be wasting their time on all these stupid lil mini games and movies. its a recession not a lot of people are going to buy tthese games or movies when they can just get it for free. sony ps3 is getttting veryyyy boringgggggg even with a lot of games. u need hear some of our ideas to make ps3 bettter,that is what xbox does that is y that console is so good now. we neeed a new xmb because this one is very old and boring,their aint nothing fun about scrollin up and down millions of times. we need other status’ on the friends list besides not available and online.we need busy,away eating etc etc. you see does are just some of the things you could consider adding,this would be the step to ps3 becoming great again

+ Darth-Krayt on December 4th, 2009 at 1:37 pm said:

Man, I swear, people will complain about any little thing these days. LOL @ anyone who doesn’t speak Japanese whinning about no Japanese voice overs. Rediculous. You really expect me to believe you want to listen to a language you don’t understand, staring at the bottom of the screen reading text, while you miss what’s actually going on in that game? Yea….OK, you are obviously just complaining for the sake of complaining. Cut the crap.

As for lack of rumble…seems strange to me, although it doesn’t matter to me because I’ve turned rumble off on my PS3 to save my controller batteries.

I’ll probably be buying this due to the online mixed with the fact that I’m probably not getting FF13 due to it’s gameplay looking just like 12, which I didn’t like at all (first FF I didn’t like). WKC’s gameplay looks like FF12 as well, but the difference is online. If FF12 had online co-op I would have loved it. I doubt I’ll play the single player much, but I will be online.

+ Onna76_NL on December 4th, 2009 at 1:37 pm said:

Not sure if I’ll get this. I’m a huge fan of Level 5, but I hate MP and even more if it’ll effect the single player mode. Make it a MMORPG but don’t mix the two, it doesn’t work! At first I thought getting the Japanese version until I read the comments from the Japanese audience at Amazon Japan. They weren’t really enthusiastic about the game. I’m more psyched for Star Ocean IV and FFXIII, which I probably get the JP version from in 2 weeks ^v^.

+ phantom2k88 on December 4th, 2009 at 1:38 pm said:

our latest update is a load a rubbish.alll the ps3 users have been waiting so long for a new update since 3.00,becuase we waited so long we was expecting the update to be brilliain but it was far from that.all we got was a couple facebook apps and customisable id bar wowwwwww how great. we waited a good couple of months and that is all you have to offfer

+ Souledge94 on December 4th, 2009 at 1:38 pm said:

I also have one more question. Will there be some sort of collectors edition?

Cristian Cardona's Avatar

+ Cristian Cardona on December 4th, 2009 at 2:44 pm said:

Nope. This is the only version releasing in the US.

+ ModernYorkster on December 4th, 2009 at 1:40 pm said:

Inaba or Christian I have a serious question reguarding the online play. Will we be using our PSN IDs online and if so will it support the Players Met feature?

+ Onna76_NL on December 4th, 2009 at 1:43 pm said:

@Darth-Krayt, let people have their opinion. If you’re a real JRPG lover you’d rather have Japanese voices especially with lip synching that else don’t match. English voices belong in English games, Japanese voices in Japanese games, period. In Holland we always have to look to subtitles as all the American shows keep their original voices, so what you’re saying is really ballony.

And FFXIII like FFXII? Well I’ve played the demo myself and I can tell you… its NOTHING like FFXII, which is for me a big relief because I didn’t like FFXII either.

+ Onna76_NL on December 4th, 2009 at 1:45 pm said:

@phantom2k88, go away Troll…

+ Berae on December 4th, 2009 at 1:47 pm said:

Nice, im buying it but could you release some gameplay videos on the PSn store that would be great. thanks

+ Onna76_NL on December 4th, 2009 at 1:50 pm said:

I wish people wouldn’t ask about DLC’s for retail games, as I personally “HATE” them. That’s why I haven’t bought Dragon Age yet, as it’ll be stalked with DLC’s and what do you get in a year or 2? Indeed, like many other games… a re-release. So I’m waiting for that.

+ Boulayman on December 4th, 2009 at 1:52 pm said:

Quite disappointed by lack of dual voice track. I really thought it would be a given with the blu ray format. So well, good luck with the release. May or may not buy it, I’ll have to listen closely to the english voice track in the released trailers once again before making a decision. Completely ignored it before.

+ dojikyo on December 4th, 2009 at 1:58 pm said:

This would have been a buy during the summer or spring of this year. By February though, pretty much all jrpgs are just sent to die by March FF13.

The game wasn’t a graphic powerhouse at its Japanese release, now it already looks old in light of the recent FF13 and Resonance of Fate stuff.

+ mprunty on December 4th, 2009 at 1:58 pm said:

I am very pleased with this announcement and its release date. After having spent hours on the game at this year’s E3 Expo, I have been looking forward to getting my hand on this game.

+ piro_z on December 4th, 2009 at 2:03 pm said:

is the international edition limited or is it a fancy way of saying ” more content added for the longer wait”

Cristian Cardona's Avatar

+ Cristian Cardona on December 4th, 2009 at 2:42 pm said:

Let\’s go with \”fancy way of saying more content added for the longer wait\” ;)

+ cronqvist on December 4th, 2009 at 2:12 pm said:

I’d be more excited if it weren’t a 2 year-old game. I’m still excited I’m finally going to be able to play it, but… it just came to late for me, and too close to FFXIII. XD

+ KSPRAYDAD on December 4th, 2009 at 2:21 pm said:

Dear SE…

THIS.

+ Band2eto on December 4th, 2009 at 2:30 pm said:

Nice! Sony always delivers, baby!

Take that, you pathetic haters!

Voice Chat FTW!

+ JohnAlden on December 4th, 2009 at 2:34 pm said:

huh??? I thought does support Dualshock 3 from looking back of the box at gamestop.com. Someone needs to double check there information before posting. Well, anyways I am excited for it no matter what,

+ poweredbyzen on December 4th, 2009 at 2:36 pm said:

this looks good – i can’t wait!

+ SolaceIX on December 4th, 2009 at 2:41 pm said:

FINALLY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Heard about this game through Official Playstation Magazine 2-3 years ago. I thought I was going to lose interest in it before it released.

+ Herlock21 on December 4th, 2009 at 2:45 pm said:

Have the choice maybe…dont be selfish, yu like double stuff some people dont, and im cinephile too i watch movies in VO with subtiles, i learn english like that, so yu cut the crap!

+ bryanh7 on December 4th, 2009 at 2:46 pm said:

Thank you for bringing this game to the states. Going to pre order this game tomorrow.

I was wondering if it would be possible for you guys to bring dark cloud 1 and 2 to the ps3 like they did with the god of war series.

I would love to get my hands on a 2 disc collectable box set of the dark cloud series.

Can we expect some great news in 2010 for Dark Cloud 3. Crosses fingers and toes!!!

Sorry for the long post but level 5 games rock and i try to get my hands on all your games. So any future news would be a great christmas present.

Thanks again and keep the great games coming

+ Callahan09 on December 4th, 2009 at 2:48 pm said:

Hey, I noticed this little exchange on the first page of comments:

#35 | jqtaxpayer | December 4th, 2009 at 10:32 am

“Georama? Wait, WHAT!? Is this game like Dark Cloud!? Oh, please say it is! I’ve been waiting for a new Dark Cloud game since I beat the second one… like ten times!”

Cristian Cardona replied on December 4, 2009 at 11:15 am

“You’ll be seeing some stuff real soon on that and I think you’ll be pretty happy about it =)”

Are you talking about Dark Cloud or GeoRama when you say we’ll be seeing some more stuff real soon on that? Because if you’re talking about Dark Cloud, then, WOW! I can’t tell you how much I would love a new Dark Cloud game to be announced!

Clarification, please?

Also, I wonder if you could give us a yay or nay on this question: will it take as long to localize White Knight Chronicles 2 as it did to localize this one? Because I played the original WKC back in December of 2008! Nearly a year ago! I loved the game and I’m DEFINITELY buying the International version on February 2nd. But I will just wait for the 2nd in English. Please make it come out faster than this one.

Cristian Cardona's Avatar

+ Cristian Cardona on December 4th, 2009 at 3:46 pm said:

Good question, Callahan09. We\’re talking about the Georama feature in White Knight Chronicles.

+ meep_moop_meep on December 4th, 2009 at 2:48 pm said:

i’m buying this DAY ONE.

it’ll be great and by the time i’m done FFXIII will be out.
nice!

+ crXss on December 4th, 2009 at 2:50 pm said:

Reviews on this game were quite disappointing. Has Level-5 read the criticism and done anything to improve the International Version?

+ crXss on December 4th, 2009 at 2:50 pm said:

Reviews on this game were quite disappointing. Has Level-5 read the criticism and done anything to improve the International Edition?

+ Silent_Gig on December 4th, 2009 at 2:51 pm said:

will there be a US white knight chronicles website?

+ ADR143 on December 4th, 2009 at 3:02 pm said:

not sure if i will pick this up.

the game does look good

+ AutomaticOcelot on December 4th, 2009 at 3:09 pm said:

Quite possibly my first preorder of 2010. And that gentlemen, is saying something.

+ RurouniSaiya-jin on December 4th, 2009 at 3:10 pm said:

Glad this finally has a firm release date. I’ll be definitely picking this one up.

+ Zezzler on December 4th, 2009 at 3:14 pm said:

I hope this is at least a fragment as good as dark cloud was (i friggin loved that game~)

and is the online similar to demon souls (where you play with random people you find sorta thing) or like through invites to friends?

Cristian Cardona's Avatar

+ Cristian Cardona on December 4th, 2009 at 3:55 pm said:

It\’s quite different that what Demon\’s Souls offers. We\’ll have more info soon on the specifics of the online experience.

+ io7 on December 4th, 2009 at 3:21 pm said:

HAHAHA! Nobody here in Japan cares about this game. I seen it many times in stores and people walk past it. It’s even on sale now!

+ EmperorKorea on December 4th, 2009 at 3:24 pm said:

i’m surprised you guys have the guts to release this outdated borefest for full price.

+ silverthehedgeh on December 4th, 2009 at 3:25 pm said:

any ps home unlockables

+ animewatcher on December 4th, 2009 at 3:37 pm said:

This game sounds amazing

+ zabbyh on December 4th, 2009 at 3:47 pm said:

Thanks for answering a lot of our questions guys. I know that you haven’t been able to include the Japanese Voice-over in the disc, but will it be available at any time through the PSN? Possibly?

The game still looks great, but a lot of people, myself include, prefer the original Japanese audio when watching Japanese movies/anime.