PS4 - Transistor

White Knight Chronicles International Edition Coming to PS3 February 2, 2010

Cristian Cardona's Avatar + Posted by Cristian Cardona on Dec 04, 2009 // Associate Product Marketing Manager, Software Marketing

So we know there are a bunch of people out there who are going to be getting a PlayStation 3 this holiday (or already opened theirs). Many new owners are probably going to ask us what we have to offer, and as many of you know, there’s plenty!

Level-5 and SCEA would like to add to that list of fantastic titles by announcing the North American release of White Knight Chronicles International Edition February 2, 2010.

White Knight Chronicles International Edition Packfront

The International Edition not only includes the fully localized copy of White Knight Chronicles, but it also comes with the following additional features and content:

• Over 50 disc-based online quests. You can complete these quests solo, or cooperatively with up to three other players to gain extra gear and experience. (That’s just on the disc. Wait until you hear what else we’ll have at launch!)
  • Voice Chat. Need we say more? =)
  • The Georama. Build an online village for your character where you can invite friends to complete quests online and purchase unique items and gear.
  • Live Talk. Leonard and his companions will have side conversations during gameplay, adding a little more character to your travels through the world of White Knight Chronicles.

We hope you’re as excited as we are about this upcoming release! Be sure to check out this month’s coverage in Qore and keep an eye out for even more information on this incredible RPG in the coming weeks!

+ saik on December 4th, 2009 at 3:48 pm said:

I don’t care what anyone says, I’ve been waiting THREE years for this. THREE years!!!

I hope the original song from the JP version at least makes it into this. I still have the video clip that makes me remember it.

+ remanutd5 on December 4th, 2009 at 3:50 pm said:

day 1 buy for me , im not a big RPG fan but i have played a few and between those few are the Dark Cloud series , loved them so this is a day 1 buy for me , i hope Level 5 and sony dont take that long to bring WKC2 to the US

+ PullusPardusUS on December 4th, 2009 at 3:59 pm said:

Tha boxart is sexy!

Cristian Cardona's Avatar

+ Cristian Cardona on December 4th, 2009 at 4:55 pm said:

WE\’re glad to hear people are liking the artwork! We wanted to stay faithful to the Japanese packfront, but make it pop a bit more here. We think the texture on the cape shows up real nice!

+ Silent_Gig on December 4th, 2009 at 4:14 pm said:

please answer

Will there be a white knight chronicles US website?

Cristian Cardona's Avatar

+ Cristian Cardona on December 4th, 2009 at 4:29 pm said:

There will be an updated game detail page on PlayStation.com that should be up before the end of the month.

+ LetumLupus03 on December 4th, 2009 at 4:19 pm said:

The fact that Level 5 never made online games is already amazing! They should be proud to succeed in the online for White Knight Story since I don’t think there is online play in other JRPG games! You have all my congrats, guys!

+ Xiia on December 4th, 2009 at 4:26 pm said:

1) very nice boxart, im glad the US boxart is just as good as the jap one, unlike most other jrpgs

2) i really hope the extra content justifies the fact we waited so long for this localization

3) thank you for finally giving us a release date

+ latigresaxx on December 4th, 2009 at 4:32 pm said:

I actually bought a PS3 last week JUST to be prepared for the White Knight Chronicles launch! I am so excited for this game! <3 JRPG with online components? Awesome!

+ TwinDad on December 4th, 2009 at 4:33 pm said:

How finished of a product was the playable version that Sony had on the floor to play at PAX09? Fun game, what I played of it.

I’m enjoying the lulz over the amount of people upset over rumble. Remember Rumble isn’t a next-gen feature.

Cristian Cardona's Avatar

+ Cristian Cardona on December 4th, 2009 at 4:54 pm said:

The PAX09 code was pretty far along at that point (near BETA). It was good to see people enjoying it there!

+ clupula668 on December 4th, 2009 at 4:50 pm said:

Very much looking forward to playing this. February and March are going to be insane with the RPG’s. As someone who doesn’t mind English voices, I’m okay with the English only voice over work. However, for those who wanted the Japanese, would it be possible to patch in or make the Japanese voice over as DLC? Just a thought.

+ silverthehedgeh on December 4th, 2009 at 5:00 pm said:

any ps home unlockables???

+ OnslaughtCometh on December 4th, 2009 at 5:23 pm said:

I wouldn’t consider purchasing this anywhere near retail value if it doesn’t include rumble support.

+ midnightshade on December 4th, 2009 at 5:23 pm said:

This is great! I seen the video on Qore and it looks stunning!! I am an Rpg Fanatic and will buy all rpgs even obscure ones.. Jrpg/Wrpg/Srpg/Arpg doesn’t matter, i love em all!! Can’t wait for this to come out!

@dnirish – stop spamming the thread xbot troll! Seriously you want that expansion pak game go buy it on pc, it uses 2004 tech so I’m sure your pc will run it. Why do you have to be direspectful talking about that trash game with that lazy company on the wkc blog post?

+ midnightshade on December 4th, 2009 at 5:36 pm said:

@komori_kiri – ARe you serious? You are really not going to buy this or FF13 over jp subs? what are you smoking? thats crazy, have fun not playing any jrpgs then…I guess some people aren’t really rpg fans and more fans of jp culture and language.. if thats the case go buy the import, nothings stopping you, I got demons souls imported the first time around.. I really hope you change your mind as this game is going to rock!!

@Lucreto – Get the December Issue of Qore it has a 20minute WKC feature walkthrough. The Georama is said to be what you were hoping, you collect items, gear and recruit people throughout the game to use both in single player and the multi part. If you don’t have a Qore sub, which i highly sugest you do its cheap and worth it! Then just buy the December episode. Belive me there is a lot of WKC in it! Plus a free WKC theme.

+ D-Squad3 on December 4th, 2009 at 5:41 pm said:

Sorry but I think I’ll pass since this game is over a year old, since last X-Mas and it still doesn’t have rumble and Japanese voices. Maybe if it was only $30. And it’s very close to GoW III and Final Fantasy XIII.

+ midnightshade on December 4th, 2009 at 5:46 pm said:

@phantom2k88 – stop spamming the thread xbot troll! I can’t believe you actually said that Sony should stop making more games and just add voice-chat and multiplayer crap… Get out of here. This is a WKC thread about a rpg something I;m sure you and your xbl mind couldn’t comprehend. This is about an epic game. Maybe you should just go buy a rrod box if you don’t care about games…over there you get 3-4 exclusive games and just mp features, here you get tons of exclusive games and singleplayer games too…which is why i love playstation, again stop spamming ps blog whinning about things no one here cares about.

WKC is going to rock!

+ LetumLupus03 on December 4th, 2009 at 5:48 pm said:

So when you go play online with your buddies, you can collect secret items, right? I’d want to know if those collected items or equipment could be used in the story mode? I f so, it’d be sick and worth playing online if you ask me! ^_^

+ teekomeeko on December 4th, 2009 at 6:23 pm said:

Thank you, thank you, thank you!

I’m a huge Level 5 fan and this has made my day. Looks like Q1 will be almost all RPGs for me – so many levels, so little time :)

+ DMPrince on December 4th, 2009 at 6:31 pm said:

IDK if you’re still answering questions. But was there any gameplay tweaks to difficulty of the game? I sort of want the game to DIFFICULT for OFFLINE.

+ YukitoKunisaki on December 4th, 2009 at 7:05 pm said:

Yay for it coming, but calling it International can be very misleading for many people. Level 5, I know for a fact, you guys have been hounded on the “Japanese audio” thing, you guys even said it in an interview. Well, you “Considered it” and when I looked at this and saw international, I thought “Wow, perhaps they are doing it” but it seems you are not. Thing here is, most people who see “International” on the box, WILL be thinking Japanese audio will be involved, like SO4 which WILL have Japanese audio in it. Just going by WKC would be easier for everyone.

Also, while I don’t particularly care about it and will still get the game, I am still very, very displeased I will not be charmed by the voice of Maaya Sakamoto. I was looking forward to, and hoping for it, but with companies outside of NISA nowadays, it should be expected.

+ Towers76 on December 4th, 2009 at 7:55 pm said:

I’m very much looking forward to this game. I loved the piece Qore did on this game in the recent episode as well as the cool theme that was offered. Are there plans for a dynamic WKC theme?

Cristian Cardona's Avatar

+ Tsubasa Inaba on December 4th, 2009 at 7:56 pm said:

Thanks for the kind comments everyone! (well.. almost everyone..)

As Cristian has mentioned, we hope to be in touch with you more often with further updates.

Stay Tuned!!!

+ phinnv8 on December 4th, 2009 at 8:15 pm said:

It’s sad this took so long to be announced for NA market. Very close to FF-XIII. Can’t wait to see reviews and stuff the online play sounds great (one of the things I love about Demon’s Souls too).

+ Sekoku on December 4th, 2009 at 8:40 pm said:

It only took forever.

Not sure if want, meanwhile. Will you guys be putting a demo out there? A demo sold me on Val Chron, for instance.

+ Blkant on December 4th, 2009 at 8:48 pm said:

This has made my day ^_^

+ Rocielvn on December 4th, 2009 at 8:50 pm said:

Great!!! I’m waiting this for a long long time~~~

+ Spathis on December 4th, 2009 at 8:50 pm said:

Thank you Sony and Level 5, being looking forward to this game for over a year now. Please don’t take so long next time with White Knight Chronicles 2 lol.

Please make Dark Cloud 3 or Rogue Galaxy 2 after WKC2! or give your old PS2 games the GoW Collection Treatment and re-release them in HD on the PS3.

Can we expect diffrent or more trophies from the Japanese version? Because i’ve had a look at them and they don’t seem very good and seem grindy.

+ HayateTokidoki on December 4th, 2009 at 10:06 pm said:

You mentioned that you tried to include the Japanese but couldn’t. Is there a particular reason for this that you can share? Was it because of disc space or some other reason?

I’m getting rather frustrated with games in this generation that still don’t include both options because there really is no excuse. At this point, to not include the Japanese voices as an option is either laziness or a complete disregard for a significant portion of the fan base. I totally understand dubbing for the US audience and I wouldn’t want to take that away from those that prefer dubbed stuff, but to just ignore the fact that a very large number of people dislike dubs is just bad consumer service. If disc space is the issue, at least offer a download for the original voices for those that want it.

Honestly, for those of us that really care about getting Japanese voices it’d even be worth paying extra for. If every game that was localized for the US had the Japanese language track available for download on the system’s respective shop service for $10, I would buy that every time. It’d still be cheaper than importing, I’d have the luxury of English text, and I could support the companies that localize these games.

+ angelcoma on December 4th, 2009 at 10:20 pm said:

Pretty sure the Japanese voice thing had to do with contract issues with the voice actors.

+ TheJak21 on December 4th, 2009 at 10:24 pm said:

Fellow PSN Members I had a dream, that one day all of the people on PSN would thank their developers for localizing their games and giving them even a bit of extra content over their Japanese version.

+ HayateTokidoki on December 4th, 2009 at 10:58 pm said:

The contract reason thing seems again like something that can be avoided or fixed. Why not pay for the ability to use the Japanese voices for those of us that care? I know we aren’t in the majority, but certainly there are enough people out there to make it worthwhile. Or, as I mentioned previously, why not offer the voices as paid content for those that care? The majority of those that really complain about it would pay $10 for the option, especially since that would still be cheaper than the import price.

And realistically, why are contracts being drawn up that limit the Japanese voices to use in Japan? If these issues exist, why do these issues literally NEVER come up with anime localized for US release? The voice actors themselves and the companies they work for frequently overlap with those used for game voiceovers, so I can’t imagine the contracts would be too terribly different…

+ YukitoKunisaki on December 4th, 2009 at 11:14 pm said:

While I would pay probably for the Japanese voice overs, I wouldn’t go up to 10 dollars for it. Either way, I hope that them at Level 5, if they TRIED to and they can do it, to release it as DLC, or put it in a firmware update for the game or something later, or upon game release. That would be perfect to me. Really, the fans COULD apply tips even if the issue isn’t that big of a problem.

+ Thrill_Kill on December 4th, 2009 at 11:37 pm said:

This is great news! I am however saddened to see there is no RUMBLE support! That is just sad. That needs to be added in please.

Also does this game support DTS or uncompressed PCM soundtracks? or just plain old Dolby Digital?

And last but not least, when are we getting an awesome sequel to Rogue Galaxy!??? That was the best darn RPG I have played in years! And I am still doing the ghost ship quest as well. I love the characters, plot, story, music and graphic style of that game sooo much! You really need to make another for the PlayStation 3. It would be so awesome!

+ Thrill_Kill on December 4th, 2009 at 11:39 pm said:

Also, I would like to add, I am one of those who would prefer Japanese voice overs in the game with subtitles over English voices. It is a JRPG after all.

+ LetumLupus03 on December 5th, 2009 at 12:22 am said:

will there be new DLC? even though the International edition seems to have lots of contents within…

+ PhrygianX on December 5th, 2009 at 12:28 am said:

ABOUT F*&KING TIME LEVEL 5

I almost forgot about this game because you guys took so damn long to get it out over here…

+ Onna76_NL on December 5th, 2009 at 1:24 am said:

Eh wait.. Georama???!!!

And pass on to Level 5 for me… ONEGAI RELEASE DARK CLOUD 3 ON THE PS3!!!

+ Killuminati on December 5th, 2009 at 2:00 am said:

You guys stayed true to your word last year when you said we would see more of this game on the blog when it gets closer to release date. I just want to thank you for doing this. It’s so cool to actually have the developers here and have them answer our questions.

+ ayuim on December 5th, 2009 at 2:58 am said:

Hi,

Nice to hear the game is almost finished, really looking forward to it.

One question and it’s about the original japanese voice overs. Why aren’t they in the game? I’m pretty sure I’m not the only one who would’ve wanted japanese voices + english subs. This is something I’m disappointed about.

+ n4nobust3r on December 5th, 2009 at 3:04 am said:

cristian can you tell us the reason you didn’t include the japanese vo?

at interview you guys said will “consider” it,and then you guys said you try but can’t, can we get more detail about why you can’t please?

+ Herlock21 on December 5th, 2009 at 3:55 am said:

Yeah, tell us…because i m sorry but we tell yu, we want it, so why ?
Why yu didnt do something to pleased all the gamers and the coregamers, after 13 month ?

+ fuifuimoimoi on December 5th, 2009 at 4:06 am said:

Speaking of RPGs is there any chance of a localised PS3 release for Tales of Vesperia?

+ alfian2 on December 5th, 2009 at 5:17 am said:

first ff13, and now WKC wont have japanese voice acting either, what so hard abaout including the original voice acting???

please explain

because there are a lot of people out there that love to play the game with japanese language

+ Mister-Nep on December 5th, 2009 at 7:20 am said:

I finished the JP version early this year (like February) so I’m eager to play it in English. You guys will never know how the game played before all the patches. It’s crazy how much was improved.

+ KickAMeatCurtain on December 5th, 2009 at 7:30 am said:

nice story plot, but PS2 graphics(could have looked better) I’ll pick this over FF 13…..RPGs of this console generation blow…Final Fantasy 13 looked ok.but female main character, drive-able summons, but mostly the limitations set by X-Box 360 version(damn you!)…..W….T….F…Only RPG im looking forward to is Final Fantasy Versus 13…THAT looks worth my time and money

+ OmegaV15 on December 5th, 2009 at 9:56 am said:

Nooooo. Only with English voices noooooo.
Plaese, reconsider this and include audio in Japanese. It will not be for lack of space on the bluray.

Thanks.

+ RogueNinja_MKA on December 5th, 2009 at 10:27 am said:

Awesome game!, getting this on day 1,NOW PLEASE Sony and Capcom bring back Onimusha Trilogy(1,2,3) to the PS3 in HD, just like God of War Collection, or please Capcom just do a new ONIMUSHA.

getting next Darksiders,Bayonetta,AVP,WKC,and Dante’s Inferno

+ RogueNinja_MKA on December 5th, 2009 at 10:58 am said:

My 2010 game list( buying for sure): Darksiders,Bayonetta,AVP,WKC,Dante’s Inferno,FinalFantasy13,Front Mission Evolved, Rasonance ot Fate( End of Eternety),Nier, and Devil Kings 3.

Might get:GranTurismo5 and Heavy Rain

games i am hoping to see in 2010:Yakuza3,New Naruto Shippuden, Bleach,and Dead Space2.

for 2011- “Aliens Colonial Marines, and Final Fantasy Versus 13.”

+ missauru on December 5th, 2009 at 11:03 am said:

can’t wait! ive been drooling over this game since it was a mere rumor!

as for the date, is that one correct or is the one on the gamestop sight??

i would also like to know if there is some sort of preorder bonus? either way, will be preordering it soon :D

Cristian Cardona's Avatar

+ Cristian Cardona on December 7th, 2009 at 11:00 am said:

The date listed here is correct, Feb 2nd, 2010. There won\’t be any pre-order bonuses for this title.

+ DustyBlue on December 5th, 2009 at 12:26 pm said:

Hooray! A release date! This looks like one kick-ass RPG, and I’ll tell you, the PS3 needs some more kick-ass RPGs.

Is there a Japanese voices, option? Or rumble?

+ Teflon02 on December 5th, 2009 at 1:45 pm said:

im a big dark cloud fan & now WKC, beat both dark clouds and im telling u guys at Level-5 this direct. u guys need to do a hd 2 on one blu-ray with trophies version on those because it needs to be played by eveyone and the people with only the newer version ps3 (mine plays ps2 btw) need to know u guys are one of the geatest RPG devs out theyre and u guys should talk on WKC 2 because everyone knows already and i like the snow area photos on number 2 it looks beautiful oh and PPPPPLllllEeeEEEAAAAAASSSSSSSEEEEeeee
A DARK CLOUD 3 if u sold it for 100 bucks
and please work on english dub while completein jap version so we only get acouple month difference and try to get a Rumble patch because i prefer my DS3 over SA and ill have to use SA then because it makes no sense using DS3 wuth no rumble