Bloodborne

White Knight Chronicles International Edition Coming to PS3 February 2, 2010

Cristian Cardona's Avatar + Posted by Cristian Cardona on Dec 04, 2009 // Associate Product Marketing Manager, Software Marketing

So we know there are a bunch of people out there who are going to be getting a PlayStation 3 this holiday (or already opened theirs). Many new owners are probably going to ask us what we have to offer, and as many of you know, there’s plenty!

Level-5 and SCEA would like to add to that list of fantastic titles by announcing the North American release of White Knight Chronicles International Edition February 2, 2010.

White Knight Chronicles International Edition Packfront

The International Edition not only includes the fully localized copy of White Knight Chronicles, but it also comes with the following additional features and content:

• Over 50 disc-based online quests. You can complete these quests solo, or cooperatively with up to three other players to gain extra gear and experience. (That’s just on the disc. Wait until you hear what else we’ll have at launch!)
  • Voice Chat. Need we say more? =)
  • The Georama. Build an online village for your character where you can invite friends to complete quests online and purchase unique items and gear.
  • Live Talk. Leonard and his companions will have side conversations during gameplay, adding a little more character to your travels through the world of White Knight Chronicles.

We hope you’re as excited as we are about this upcoming release! Be sure to check out this month’s coverage in Qore and keep an eye out for even more information on this incredible RPG in the coming weeks!

PAGE 1 3 4 5

+ dotCody on December 5th, 2009 at 1:52 pm said:

Thank you Sony and Level 5. We’re hungry for Japanese RPG games. Day one purchase

+ OutlawByrd on December 5th, 2009 at 4:06 pm said:

MAN I CANT WAIT FOR THIS GAME I was kinda afraid it might didnt reach us considering i heard the japanese are already working on a sequal..

+ Dark_Vincent on December 6th, 2009 at 2:42 am said:

Too bad there will be no Japanese VO or rumble, but neither bother me too much (actually, no rumble bothers me more than lack of JP VO…). This one has been on my radar since 2007!!

+ EkuquoL on December 6th, 2009 at 3:59 am said:

This builds a lot of questions: the Village aspect shows the game could have a numerous of functionality. Is there going to actually be any sort of real time playing? I’ve seen pictures of this title, but the game resembles older RPG elements. Not much player fighting/functional game interface, just push one button and watch the characters throw down on their super magical moves. As like Playstation 2 Final Fantasy titles use to be. If that becomes the course of which this game is to go, I would not even play the title.
I hope it is like Demon Soul’s gameplay. Where the game requires the gamer to actually learn the fighting abilities.

It just sounds like you play more 3rd person Omnisient, in some descriptions of the title. Some pictures even look like older styles of gameplay.

+ TheAncientGamer on December 6th, 2009 at 7:36 am said:

I already have my preorder paid in full. JRPG’s FTW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

+ Mosh_Pit on December 6th, 2009 at 2:01 pm said:

Hello Cristian Cardona, thanks alot for the news been waiting for this one for awhile.. and at my big dissapointment no collector’s edition for north America or anything??? Does anyone know??

+ bdavid81 on December 6th, 2009 at 8:48 pm said:

No rumble? :(
No Japanese voices? :(

That first one is a big surprise, considering how long we’ve had to wait for this game. Luckily, my interest has completely died for this, and I’ve moved on.

+ Ddrift88 on December 6th, 2009 at 9:50 pm said:

Wow I have being waiting for this game since it first showed up in 2006 and the reason why I bought my ps3 at launch. It’s kinda sad that it doesn’t have Japanese voices but what can you do right, still first day buy for me. I can’t let that issue for me not to enjoying this beautiful game. Also noticed the Japanese Princess voice actress is the same voice as Lighting in FFXII. Also to Tsubasa Inaba I was wondering how how can I get into the gaming industry? I have been studying 3D graphic and would like to work for Sony one day =).

+ Elvick_ on December 7th, 2009 at 1:52 am said:

I have been waiting for this since 2008.

+ VERSUS-KSC2-303 on December 7th, 2009 at 12:54 pm said:

Would it be possible to add Japanese voice overs with English subtitles as a future DLC?
I will buy the game anyway but i always prefer to play my games in their original language.:)

+ smgycsb2 on December 7th, 2009 at 2:08 pm said:

It’s very unfortunate that you continue to ruin your games by adding sub par English dubs and removing vocal music tracks. I know you worked on this game for quite a while and you may feel that the English dub is high quality but it isn’t. It will never fit the video better than the Japanese track.

The Japanese trailer with the song ~Travelers~ by Kazco Hamano got me interested in this game so it is very disappointing to me to see this and the Japanese audio removed from the game.

I won’t be buying this game if both of these features are not included so hopefully you can find some way to include such as free DLC or a special edition.

Please don’t ruin your games in the future.

+ piratedrunk on December 7th, 2009 at 2:55 pm said:

I for one prefer the english dubs. Also stoked there is no pre-order bonus in case I have to wait until launch to pick it up. bonuses and collectors versions are polluting the industry I just want the full game when I buy it and not have to worry about where or when I picked it up.

+ VERSUS-KSC2-303 on December 7th, 2009 at 4:25 pm said:

Well said smgycsb2.I agree with you 100%.

+ Kakashi-Sensei on December 8th, 2009 at 1:27 am said:

Hi,

I am very excited about this game and will hope to purchase it when it comes out in Europe, I am quite dissapointed about the lack of Japanese voice over support.

It would be great if the game was designed to support these kind of changes later on.

Would it not be possible to impliment this feature in a future patch?

But still congratulations on getting game out overseas.

Thanks

+ ayuim on December 8th, 2009 at 4:18 am said:

Hi,

Could you give some reasons why you didn’t include Japanese tracks in the game? Is it a legal matter or something because you’re shooting yourselves in the leg with your doings now.

Give us a choice at least, there are tons of people who want to play it with the original voice tracks = Japanese voices.

+ Lord_Rinja on December 8th, 2009 at 7:50 am said:

I had the Japanese Version since May and I absolutely love this game. The custom combo system is incredible and transforming into the White Knight is just plain cool and unique. This being said, do you pan on bringing the unlockable Statue and White Knight Costume over to US Playstation Home? I unlocked the statue on my Japanese Home Account and it looks awesome. I’m sure the gamers over here would be proud to have these two items in their Aparments.

+ juniorkatsumotto on December 20th, 2009 at 6:34 pm said:

making a petition to bring japanese voices(on retail or via DLC) can be an option?
it would be really sad that theres no japanese voice acting…

+ juniorkatsumotto on December 20th, 2009 at 6:47 pm said:

sorry for double posting, but i really would like to say that it would be really sad not to hear the pretty famous:
“inishie no tsurugi wo tazusaeshi shiroki yuusha wizel yo, ware ni chikara wo, HENSHIN!!!!!!!!!”
it would really ensad to hear…, “transform”?..

PAGE 1 3 4 5