Deus Ex Mankind Divided

Dec 04

White Knight Chronicles International Edition Coming to PS3 February 2, 2010

Cristian Cardona's Avatar Posted by Cristian Cardona on Dec 04, 2009 // Associate Product Marketing Manager, Software Marketing

So we know there are a bunch of people out there who are going to be getting a PlayStation 3 this holiday (or already opened theirs). Many new owners are probably going to ask us what we have to offer, and as many of you know, there’s plenty!

Level-5 and SCEA would like to add to that list of fantastic titles by announcing the North American release of White Knight Chronicles International Edition February 2, 2010.

White Knight Chronicles International Edition Packfront

The International Edition not only includes the fully localized copy of White Knight Chronicles, but it also comes with the following additional features and content:

• Over 50 disc-based online quests. You can complete these quests solo, or cooperatively with up to three other players to gain extra gear and experience. (That’s just on the disc. Wait until you hear what else we’ll have at launch!)
  • Voice Chat. Need we say more? =)
  • The Georama. Build an online village for your character where you can invite friends to complete quests online and purchase unique items and gear.
  • Live Talk. Leonard and his companions will have side conversations during gameplay, adding a little more character to your travels through the world of White Knight Chronicles.

We hope you’re as excited as we are about this upcoming release! Be sure to check out this month’s coverage in Qore and keep an eye out for even more information on this incredible RPG in the coming weeks!

PAGE 1 3 4 5

+ ADR143 on December 4th, 2009 at 3:02 pm said:

not sure if i will pick this up.

the game does look good

+ AutomaticOcelot on December 4th, 2009 at 3:09 pm said:

Quite possibly my first preorder of 2010. And that gentlemen, is saying something.

+ RurouniSaiya-jin on December 4th, 2009 at 3:10 pm said:

Glad this finally has a firm release date. I’ll be definitely picking this one up.

+ Zezzler on December 4th, 2009 at 3:14 pm said:

I hope this is at least a fragment as good as dark cloud was (i friggin loved that game~)

and is the online similar to demon souls (where you play with random people you find sorta thing) or like through invites to friends?

Cristian Cardona's Avatar

+ Cristian Cardona on December 4th, 2009 at 3:55 pm said:

It\’s quite different that what Demon\’s Souls offers. We\’ll have more info soon on the specifics of the online experience.

+ io7 on December 4th, 2009 at 3:21 pm said:

HAHAHA! Nobody here in Japan cares about this game. I seen it many times in stores and people walk past it. It’s even on sale now!

+ EmperorKorea on December 4th, 2009 at 3:24 pm said:

i’m surprised you guys have the guts to release this outdated borefest for full price.

+ silverthehedgeh on December 4th, 2009 at 3:25 pm said:

any ps home unlockables

+ animewatcher on December 4th, 2009 at 3:37 pm said:

This game sounds amazing

+ zabbyh on December 4th, 2009 at 3:47 pm said:

Thanks for answering a lot of our questions guys. I know that you haven’t been able to include the Japanese Voice-over in the disc, but will it be available at any time through the PSN? Possibly?

The game still looks great, but a lot of people, myself include, prefer the original Japanese audio when watching Japanese movies/anime.

+ saik on December 4th, 2009 at 3:48 pm said:

I don’t care what anyone says, I’ve been waiting THREE years for this. THREE years!!!

I hope the original song from the JP version at least makes it into this. I still have the video clip that makes me remember it.

+ remanutd5 on December 4th, 2009 at 3:50 pm said:

day 1 buy for me , im not a big RPG fan but i have played a few and between those few are the Dark Cloud series , loved them so this is a day 1 buy for me , i hope Level 5 and sony dont take that long to bring WKC2 to the US

+ PullusPardusUS on December 4th, 2009 at 3:59 pm said:

Tha boxart is sexy!

Cristian Cardona's Avatar

+ Cristian Cardona on December 4th, 2009 at 4:55 pm said:

WE\’re glad to hear people are liking the artwork! We wanted to stay faithful to the Japanese packfront, but make it pop a bit more here. We think the texture on the cape shows up real nice!

+ Silent_Gig on December 4th, 2009 at 4:14 pm said:

please answer

Will there be a white knight chronicles US website?

Cristian Cardona's Avatar

+ Cristian Cardona on December 4th, 2009 at 4:29 pm said:

There will be an updated game detail page on that should be up before the end of the month.

+ LetumLupus03 on December 4th, 2009 at 4:19 pm said:

The fact that Level 5 never made online games is already amazing! They should be proud to succeed in the online for White Knight Story since I don’t think there is online play in other JRPG games! You have all my congrats, guys!

+ Xiia on December 4th, 2009 at 4:26 pm said:

1) very nice boxart, im glad the US boxart is just as good as the jap one, unlike most other jrpgs

2) i really hope the extra content justifies the fact we waited so long for this localization

3) thank you for finally giving us a release date

+ latigresaxx on December 4th, 2009 at 4:32 pm said:

I actually bought a PS3 last week JUST to be prepared for the White Knight Chronicles launch! I am so excited for this game! <3 JRPG with online components? Awesome!

+ TwinDad on December 4th, 2009 at 4:33 pm said:

How finished of a product was the playable version that Sony had on the floor to play at PAX09? Fun game, what I played of it.

I’m enjoying the lulz over the amount of people upset over rumble. Remember Rumble isn’t a next-gen feature.

Cristian Cardona's Avatar

+ Cristian Cardona on December 4th, 2009 at 4:54 pm said:

The PAX09 code was pretty far along at that point (near BETA). It was good to see people enjoying it there!

+ clupula668 on December 4th, 2009 at 4:50 pm said:

Very much looking forward to playing this. February and March are going to be insane with the RPG’s. As someone who doesn’t mind English voices, I’m okay with the English only voice over work. However, for those who wanted the Japanese, would it be possible to patch in or make the Japanese voice over as DLC? Just a thought.

PAGE 1 3 4 5