Minecraft PS4

Yakuza 3 Marches West

Aaron Webber's Avatar + Posted by Aaron Webber on Dec 08, 2009 // Associate Brand Manager, Sega of America

Hey everyone! Aaron Webber here again – some of you may remember me from the Valkyria Chronicles 2 blog post a while back. This time, I have the privilege of bringing you guys some more exciting news – news that I know many of you are about to be extremely excited about!

After months upon months of requests, a myriad of rumors, and even full campaigns that speak to the unparalleled dedication of the fans, we can finally speak those words that all of you have been waiting anxiously to hear. So, here they are:

Yakuza 3 is coming West.

Yakura 3 Coming to PS3

Featuring the original all-star Japanese voice cast and subtitled in English, Yakuza 3 chronicles the next steps in the life of the man once known as the Dragon of Dojima – Kiryu Kazuma.

As Kiryu works to begin a new life running an orphanage in Okinawa, the world he left behind in Tokyo also moves quickly. When the chairman of the Tojo clan is shot and the rivalry between the families plunges the city into chaos, even Okinawa is not far enough away to escape the grasp of the mysterious forces pulling the strings.

Yakura 3 Coming to PS3

Then, when one of Kiryu’s close friends in Okinawa is found with multiple gunshot wounds to the chest, things take a new turn for the worse. Driven to protect his friends, the Dragon is alive again – Kiryu returns to the dark city of Kamurocho, and will stop at nothing to find those responsible and give them his own taste of justice.

Releasing March 2010, the epic Yakuza saga continues, exclusively on the PlayStation 3.

Last but not least, we’d like to give special thanks to you guys, the Yakuza fans! Your passion and dedication has helped make this a reality, and we’d like to extend that thanks by letting you submit questions to the Yakuza 3 development team in Japan! To do so, just put *Dev Question* before typing your question here in the comments.

Until next time – we’ll have lots more news and in-depth looks at what Yakuza 3 has to offer very soon. Spread the word – Yakuza 3 is coming!

PAGE 1 2 3 6

+ Curtisio on December 8th, 2009 at 8:06 am said:

This is amazing! Thanks for hearing our cries!

Aaron Webber's Avatar

+ Aaron Webber on December 10th, 2009 at 5:51 pm said:

Fans like you support the games that keep series like this alive. Thank you – and likewise all the fans – for sticking with Yakuza through thick and thin!

+ Jon_Mclane on December 8th, 2009 at 8:07 am said:

YES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Day 1 Purchase. Final Fantasy XIII will have to wait

+ Microshock on December 8th, 2009 at 8:07 am said:

Wow. That’s very unexpected, I hope it sells a lot better than the previous 2 in the USA!

+ Curtisio on December 8th, 2009 at 8:07 am said:

Amazing! Thank you for hearing our cries!

+ jwr718 on December 8th, 2009 at 8:09 am said:

Dev Question- Not that I mind too much English subtitles, it seems cool, but will there eventually be English voice-overs?

I would most definitely be purchasing this game since it’s been a life long dream of mines to visit Tokyo. Just a little pricey, now I can do it for $60. (In a sense) Thank you Sega!

Aaron Webber's Avatar

+ Aaron Webber on December 10th, 2009 at 5:55 pm said:

There aren\’t any plans for English voice-overs currently.

Personally, I\’m a big fan of listening to Japanese style movies and series in authentic Japanese (Yakuza 3 also has a rather all-star cast, to boot), as opposed to hearing people in English attempt to fit it down.

That said, there are rare cases when English dubbing is done very well (i.e., Valkyria Chronicles), but even in that case we still offered gamers the choice between English and Japanese. So, right now we\’re going to be sticking to the fully authentic Japanese voices, but we\’ll keep you posted if any other options show up. :)

+ walnoj on December 8th, 2009 at 8:11 am said:

I am so happy this game is coming out after all. But I think it’s a bad idea to release it in March. I plan on buying the game, but you’re releasing it in a flood of high-profile titles. The presumption that most of us have is that you didn’t want to bring Yakuza 3 over because the first two games didn’t do well, which is sad, but both were also released at inopportune times.

+ onlineatron on December 8th, 2009 at 8:11 am said:

Two things

1) This is awesome

2) Poor release date…. March is the same month as FFXIII and GoW III. Sega complanied about sales in the west of the previous Yakuza titles…. against this line up Yakuza 3 will fair equally as poorly.

+ Silent_Gig on December 8th, 2009 at 8:12 am said:

1) Any word on a EU release?

2) FINALLY

+ terrasnetok on December 8th, 2009 at 8:12 am said:

i just need english subtitles and menus no need voices thanks

+ SPARDA on December 8th, 2009 at 8:13 am said:

SONY Q1’10 exclusive games release list is getting ridiculous (in a very good way….LOL).

MAG, White Knight Chronicles, Heavy Rain, God of War 3, GT5….. all by April….H#$* S$(^

+ jimfear on December 8th, 2009 at 8:14 am said:

so, it will be only subtiled or we will have a voice translation too?

Aaron Webber's Avatar

+ Aaron Webber on December 10th, 2009 at 5:58 pm said:

Any scene with a voice will include the original Japanese audio, with subtitles at the bottom. The actual in-game menus and items will be localized into English.

+ adolson on December 8th, 2009 at 8:14 am said:

March? Wow. Straight from Japan to a North American grave, huh?

+ BigRon3400 on December 8th, 2009 at 8:15 am said:

YES!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I’ve been wanting to try this game out forever.

+ kaelinronkus on December 8th, 2009 at 8:15 am said:

what happened to yakuza 2?

Aaron Webber's Avatar

+ Aaron Webber on December 10th, 2009 at 6:01 pm said:

Yakuza 2 is already out on the PS2… and has been for about a year!

+ TailsTheCat on December 8th, 2009 at 8:16 am said:

Thank you, Sega.

+ Volcan-Raven on December 8th, 2009 at 8:17 am said:

“Dev Question”

1.who decides the trophies for the game? a collective group or the game director?

2.Will the game have any returning characters besides kazuma from the previous games?

+ DrHorrible256 on December 8th, 2009 at 8:17 am said:

+ MS3Boy on December 8th, 2009 at 8:18 am said:

And published by Sega no less? Awesome!

The voice acting was good in 1, but if that means it can come out here, I’ll enjoy the original language/subtitle too.

I must admit that’s what kept me from continuing on 2, but now I have a reason to finish it.

Thank you!

+ stawnkald on December 8th, 2009 at 8:18 am said:

You have made my day, nay month, nay year!

+ tsukasa1288 on December 8th, 2009 at 8:22 am said:

What about Yakuza 4? That looked pretty sweet when I was at Tokyo Game Show, lol.

I will be buying this next spring for sure though. I almost lost hope that you would be bringing this Stateside but you surprised me by pulling though. Now if you really want to floor me though release the Hatsune Miku PSP game stateside as well.

+ Kenshin71 on December 8th, 2009 at 8:22 am said:

You’re better off releasing it in June aren’t you? That’s the usual games drought and so the perfect time to release a title that may not get the same love as the more hyped games.

Would be cool if Sony/Sega could do some CE PS3s too like those released in Japan.

Aaron Webber's Avatar

+ Aaron Webber on December 10th, 2009 at 6:03 pm said:

Rumor has it that if every Yakuza fan buys two copies, the clouds in the sky will eternally part, cancer will cease to exist, and all that is good in life will rain down from above.

Granted, that\’s just what I was told. :) Thank you for supporting Yakuza!

+ SuperSonic1305 on December 8th, 2009 at 8:23 am said:

Will we ever get Kenzan?

+ ShadowOfEden on December 8th, 2009 at 8:24 am said:

Umm, you realize that the game will be crushed by God Of War 3 and FFXIII? The game looks great, but when will be time to bring Yakuza 4, you’ll think about the poor sales of Yakuza 3. It has nothing to do with the game itself, only the fact that releasing with 2 monsters is not the best idea.

+ angelcoma on December 8th, 2009 at 8:25 am said:

*Dev Question*

Nagoshi, how’d he get so crispy and tan?

+ Kyolux on December 8th, 2009 at 8:25 am said:

Awesome. I’ll be getting this before FFXIII (though I will get that too), but I’ll be passing on GoW III.

Now hopefully it’ll sell well and we don’t get such a long wait for Yakuza 4, and Kenzan needs a release here too.

+ BiezulbubBill69 on December 8th, 2009 at 8:31 am said:

Dev Question: Is Yakuza 4 coming to the west as well?

+ slickjones on December 8th, 2009 at 8:33 am said:

This is awesome.

+ Caudill on December 8th, 2009 at 8:33 am said:

AMAZING news! I pretty much gave up hope on this one, but after playing Yakuza 1 & 2 you can guarantee I’ll picking this up day one! Can’t wait! :)

+ infamousmantis on December 8th, 2009 at 8:35 am said:

Nice will play this with FFXIII , thanks SEGA!

Does the US version have all FREE Download content on japanese version ?

+ VERSUS-KSC2-303 on December 8th, 2009 at 8:36 am said:

Thank you,thank you,thank you!!!!!
This is one of my favourite series of all time and my second most anticipated game of 2010 (after The Last Guardian.)

I have recently imported the soundtrack and man,the music in this game is amazing!
Really great news!:)

+ PublicSudoku on December 8th, 2009 at 8:37 am said:

I love you, Sega!

+ VERSUS-KSC2-303 on December 8th, 2009 at 8:40 am said:

Now please bring Kenzan as well and i can die happy!!!

+ poweredbyzen on December 8th, 2009 at 8:43 am said:

got to play the japanese demo – this looks like godfather, japan style! can’t wait!

+ PLD_Danny1989 on December 8th, 2009 at 8:46 am said:

THANK YOU SEGA!!!! =DDDDDDDD

I know this will probably be asking too much, but if this does well enough, could you possibly consider Kenzan and 4 in the near future? =3

Oh, and will this be coming to Europe?

+ hush404 on December 8th, 2009 at 8:48 am said:

YAY! :D Thank you!

+ reson8er on December 8th, 2009 at 8:50 am said:

From the bottom of my heart, THANK YOU.

One of my favorite games of last gen. I can’t wait to continue the adventure.

+ Chestnut_Bowl on December 8th, 2009 at 8:52 am said:

Dev Question:

What kind of yakuza research is done for the Yakuza series? Do dev team members trawl Kabukicho for information?

+ asop89 on December 8th, 2009 at 8:53 am said:

Great news!!! thanks Sega for really listening to your fans & localizing this game, but I wish it wasn’t going to be released in March because of FF13 & God of War 3, maybe you release it in the beginning of the month???

but don’t worry guys we(me or my brother) are going to buy this awesome epic, now I can’t wait to know what the boxart will look like :D

+ dulcediana on December 8th, 2009 at 8:53 am said:

People plz GOW 3 and FF are going to have good sales but plz! take first Yakuza 3! it need the sales more than any other game!

+ Chestnut_Bowl on December 8th, 2009 at 8:53 am said:

Also — SEGA, Sony, thank you very much for this. I had given up all hope.

+ reson8er on December 8th, 2009 at 8:54 am said:

*Dev Question*

What improvements/additions have been made to the combat from Yakuza 2 to Yakuza 3?

+ dulcediana on December 8th, 2009 at 8:59 am said:

Sony plz talk with Sega we also want a collection ala GOW!!

+ VERSUS-KSC2-303 on December 8th, 2009 at 9:02 am said:

Sega is quickly becoming my favourite publisher in the current generation!

+ jelly_bean on December 8th, 2009 at 9:05 am said:

Thank you guys… I’m very happy with the news… Yakuza is the best sand box game ever… I have one *Dev question*

*Dev Question*

How was the Yakuza story originally created? Do you have any particular movie as an inspiration?

+ Korbei83 on December 8th, 2009 at 9:11 am said:

If you have any interest in the game selling, you had better release it in April or May. But if you just want to look pretty on a shelf, it’s up to you.

I’ll totally be thinking about Yakuza 3 while I’m buying Final Fantasy XIII and God of War III, I promise.

+ Callahan09 on December 8th, 2009 at 9:12 am said:

Sega, I cannot tell you how amazing this news is! Now, do us all a big favor and make sure Yakuza 4 makes it out over here too, please!

+ onisat on December 8th, 2009 at 9:15 am said:

good to hear i will pick it up when it launches

+ Schobeleth on December 8th, 2009 at 9:15 am said:

So excited for this. Great job, Sega =)

+ cronqvist on December 8th, 2009 at 9:19 am said:

HELL YEAH! I can’t stress how excited I am about this, and the fact it’s coming with the original japanese voices just makes the news a lot sweeter.

PAGE 1 2 3 6