PS4-The Order

Yakuza 3 Marches West

Aaron Webber's Avatar + Posted by Aaron Webber on Dec 08, 2009 // Associate Brand Manager, Sega of America

Hey everyone! Aaron Webber here again – some of you may remember me from the Valkyria Chronicles 2 blog post a while back. This time, I have the privilege of bringing you guys some more exciting news – news that I know many of you are about to be extremely excited about!

After months upon months of requests, a myriad of rumors, and even full campaigns that speak to the unparalleled dedication of the fans, we can finally speak those words that all of you have been waiting anxiously to hear. So, here they are:

Yakuza 3 is coming West.

Yakura 3 Coming to PS3

Featuring the original all-star Japanese voice cast and subtitled in English, Yakuza 3 chronicles the next steps in the life of the man once known as the Dragon of Dojima – Kiryu Kazuma.

As Kiryu works to begin a new life running an orphanage in Okinawa, the world he left behind in Tokyo also moves quickly. When the chairman of the Tojo clan is shot and the rivalry between the families plunges the city into chaos, even Okinawa is not far enough away to escape the grasp of the mysterious forces pulling the strings.

Yakura 3 Coming to PS3

Then, when one of Kiryu’s close friends in Okinawa is found with multiple gunshot wounds to the chest, things take a new turn for the worse. Driven to protect his friends, the Dragon is alive again – Kiryu returns to the dark city of Kamurocho, and will stop at nothing to find those responsible and give them his own taste of justice.

Releasing March 2010, the epic Yakuza saga continues, exclusively on the PlayStation 3.

Last but not least, we’d like to give special thanks to you guys, the Yakuza fans! Your passion and dedication has helped make this a reality, and we’d like to extend that thanks by letting you submit questions to the Yakuza 3 development team in Japan! To do so, just put *Dev Question* before typing your question here in the comments.

Until next time – we’ll have lots more news and in-depth looks at what Yakuza 3 has to offer very soon. Spread the word – Yakuza 3 is coming!

PAGE 1 2 3 4 6

+ VERSUS-KSC2-303 on December 8th, 2009 at 9:23 am said:

@Korbei83

Yeah,we’ll be thinking about you too and your final fartsy game while we are busy playing this amazing game!:p

+ poodude on December 8th, 2009 at 9:23 am said:

Looks nice, now I just gotta get myself a copy of 1 & 2.

+ DNAgent on December 8th, 2009 at 9:23 am said:

Meh. Yakuza is garbage. They still haven’t even fixed Yakuza 1 backwards compatibility on the 80GB PS3 despite them saying in the list that all problems are resolved (the problem hasn’t been fixed so I don’t know why it says it is plus it’s a game breaking freeze that you can’t get past).

I’d rather have Shenmue 3 for PS3 not some lame Yakuza game. Yakuza would just get poor sales anyways so I don’t see why you just didn’t make Shenmue 3. Even if Shenmue 3 was Japan only I would import it but this Yakuza series is just complete garbage.

+ Revolutionary on December 8th, 2009 at 9:24 am said:

It’s about time. I’ll buy 2 copies to show my support and give SEGA the message to not deny us Kenzan or 4!

Aaron Webber's Avatar

+ Aaron Webber on December 10th, 2009 at 6:04 pm said:

+1 Props from SEGA!

+ bdavid81 on December 8th, 2009 at 9:26 am said:

Awesome! I’ve been hoping this would make a local appearance since it was first shown. March is already a pretty packed month, but I’ll have it within a month of release regardless. :)

Thank you for listening to the people, now let’s hope sales make it worthwhile to see it happen with future import titles.

+ SKeRJ on December 8th, 2009 at 9:32 am said:

Please put some muscle behind this one, I want to see this do well so Yakuza 4 can follow it. I’ll do my part as I have been since the series has started.

+ spunnups on December 8th, 2009 at 9:38 am said:

*Dev Question* How long is the main story?

Also, would you compare Yakuza 3 to any other games out there right now?

+ BlooodyCow on December 8th, 2009 at 9:39 am said:

March? Sorry, but I will have to buy this title after it is release. God of War, Final Fantasy, and GT5 are all coming out in March

+ Barnolde on December 8th, 2009 at 9:41 am said:

Nice! Please bring Kenzan too or release it on PSN.

+ xKOROSHIYAx on December 8th, 2009 at 9:44 am said:

Well hot diggity damn, I am speechless! THANK YOU SEGA! I was worried we wouldn’t see Yakuza 3 over here in the west. I knew you guys wouldn’t Shenmue us again!

I
AM
SO
EFFIN’
HAPPY!

As a big Yakuza fan and on behalf of every SEGA fan across the world that never gave up on you guys, I once again say THANK YOU SEGA!

I think it’s time to play through Yakuza 1 & 2 again in anticipation for Yakuza 3 in March.

+ SKeRJ on December 8th, 2009 at 9:50 am said:

*Dev Question* I always wanted to know why Kiryu’s face has gained weight, was this a design decision (due to aging), character modeler change, or the result of having more resources available for character models?

+ D1rk-Knight on December 8th, 2009 at 9:50 am said:

Finally!!!
But why you guys picked an awful release date?!
Anyway, nothing will stop me from adding this game to my library. Day one for sure.
Thank you SEGA. :d

+ dulcediana on December 8th, 2009 at 9:50 am said:

*Dev Question*

The ad Yakuza 3 Ramen are tasty? we gonna have it in america?

+ NinjaZeroEight on December 8th, 2009 at 9:52 am said:

Awesome news! Been wanting this since the announcement trailer!!
Like everyone else says, you gotta pick a different release date. Push it back a few months. This game is going to get overlooked in March for sure.

+ NEJI64 on December 8th, 2009 at 9:53 am said:

glad the game is coming but terrible release date.

+ sam_i_jam on December 8th, 2009 at 9:55 am said:

Guys, you just got a guaranteed sale.

I picked up Ryu Ga Gouken Kenzan when I was in Tokyo earlier this year and I have to tell you, it pleases me to no end to see the official Yakuza sequel come to the West. Huzzah!

+ Firefly_15 on December 8th, 2009 at 10:04 am said:

Freakin sweet God of War III and Yakuza 3 all in the same month…..I must be in heaven

+ Craiji on December 8th, 2009 at 10:09 am said:

This bundled with Kenzan! would have been awesome…. still Day 1

+ jqtaxpayer on December 8th, 2009 at 10:11 am said:

It’s about damned time… the game looks great, but I wasn’t prepared to learn Japanese for it, lol.

That being said, I would love to see the Kenzan! game localized for the West as well… any possibility in that happening? Or at least the more cost-effective option of patching the Japanese version with English subtitles to make it more import-friendly? The U.S. simply does not get enough great samurai games… and from what I hear, Kenzan! was one of those.

+ Incubuster on December 8th, 2009 at 10:25 am said:

Thank you, Sega. You don’t know how much this means to me, or maybe you do which is why you did it. Thank you again!

Aaron Webber's Avatar

+ Aaron Webber on December 10th, 2009 at 6:06 pm said:

Oh, we know. ;) It just isn\’t always as easy as pushing the big red \”Make fans happy!\” button, but this is a good chance for us to show why the big red fan button can also produce great results.

+ wanethemane93 on December 8th, 2009 at 10:25 am said:

THANK YOU, THANK YOU, THANK YOU!!! I was hoping that the 3rd game would make its way West. Big fan of the first and i have yet to play the second game because of other issues but i will find it somehow. But anyway excited for the third game’s release and now i know i will be inside most of 2010. Especially March (GOWIII!).

+ freakzilla149 on December 8th, 2009 at 10:26 am said:

*dev question*

Please don’t delay Yakuza 4 too long, thats why they sell so bad here.

Sorry used the dev question trick to get your attention.

+ TwinDad on December 8th, 2009 at 10:27 am said:

Interesting choice of release dates.

Thank you for bringing it to North America.

+ animeboy413 on December 8th, 2009 at 10:28 am said:

Why March? Doesn’t Sega know the biggest and baddest PS3 game of all time. comes out during the same month. don’t forget about Final Fantasy XIII! so why not April or May 2010 to give this title a chance. come on Sega support this game

+ jirom00 on December 8th, 2009 at 10:29 am said:

Yes! Japanese dub! But it sucks that it’s also coming out on march… I don’t have enough money to get all these games D;

+ Beauladog on December 8th, 2009 at 10:30 am said:

Dev Question-Will Kenzan also be recieving a US release?

This is just awesome and to think I was about to import the japanese version like I did with Kenzan.

+ Harry190 on December 8th, 2009 at 10:31 am said:

*Dev Question*

Do they know I love them?

+ Sakaban on December 8th, 2009 at 10:32 am said:

*Dev Question* Is there anything taken out from the original Japanese release compared to the US version?

+ animewatcher on December 8th, 2009 at 10:32 am said:

This game sounds amazing

+ TheMateriaKeeper on December 8th, 2009 at 10:33 am said:

I LOVE THE YAKUZA SERIES!

+ Trioptical on December 8th, 2009 at 10:35 am said:

Yay! Great news! Especially the direction you’ve taken with localization.

Dev Question:
Where did the idea to make this series of games come from, story-wise and design-wise?

+ Denuq on December 8th, 2009 at 10:43 am said:

best xmas present ever :) love the series, 10/10 with jp voices and eng subs also

thanks Sega/Sony

+ IceCold on December 8th, 2009 at 10:44 am said:

Wow, I think i have like 6 games coming out all at once in the same time frame. I will purchase them all, but not sure when I will have time to play them.

+ Ckff71up on December 8th, 2009 at 10:49 am said:

I love the series Sega, but please try and get some English Actors for a English Dub before March. I would like to have both options available since i loved Yakuza 1’s English Dub.

+ Destiny89 on December 8th, 2009 at 10:50 am said:

Good news

+ DarKaoZ on December 8th, 2009 at 10:51 am said:

OMG… why March?! Too many games on March!!

I would love May or another month… awww… I will try to get it on March, since I want Yakuza 3, but I also want a lot of other games coming that month.

I just hope you guys don’t get disappointing by the sales, since that month will be full of AAA tittles, Yakuza 3 been 1 obviously.

+ Conch_Bubby on December 8th, 2009 at 10:51 am said:

Thank you!

+ saik on December 8th, 2009 at 10:54 am said:

I’m going to trade my copy of GTA IV for this. Sure I might only get like $5. But at least I’ll get a true “Gangster” game mwahahahaha

+ zombie9 on December 8th, 2009 at 10:55 am said:

All due in march
God of war 3
FFXIII
and now this I’ll be broke again :)

+ saik on December 8th, 2009 at 10:57 am said:

Also, screw you guys at Sony at the same time THANK YOU VERY MUCH.

Why? This is why.

GoWIII – $65
GT5 – $65
WKC – $65
Heavy Rain – $65
FFXIII – $65
BFBC2 – $65
now Yakuza 3 – $65

All in the span of less than 3 months. Totaling $455…

+ Neil on December 8th, 2009 at 10:57 am said:

THIS IS THE GREATEST NEWS EVER!

ok, now to read the post.

+ lostinplainsight on December 8th, 2009 at 10:58 am said:

dude,March?…really?
have you guys seen the March lineup do you want people to not buy this game.I say go for April or May or June just stay the hell away from March.

+ BigBoss114 on December 8th, 2009 at 10:59 am said:

What about Trophies for Valkyria Chronicles, everyone wants it, and it’ll dramatically increase sales, may a VC: Complete Edition with Trophy support and all DLC included on the disc, I would buy that and so will many other, don’t try to avoid this question.

Aaron Webber's Avatar

+ Aaron Webber on December 10th, 2009 at 6:08 pm said:

It\’s not something I can comment on right now, but do know that we\’re always reading the questions and continuing to pass on community feedback. :)

+ Neil on December 8th, 2009 at 11:02 am said:

I am SO glad that you guys are keeping the original Japanese VO. Now let’s talk pre-order limited editions.

+ Neil on December 8th, 2009 at 11:03 am said:

Chris, how do I give this post 6 stars?

+ DarkRecoil on December 8th, 2009 at 11:03 am said:

*Devloper Question*

Are there any plans to produce a Yakuza title for the PSP?

I’m actually surprised one has not been made already considering the PSP’s popularity in Japan, but i would highly reccomend considering such a move.

…it can only strenghn what is an already popular series, and would certanly benefit both Sega and Sony :)

+ boxmyth on December 8th, 2009 at 11:09 am said:

My lord, Sega just brought a tear to my eye.
So incredibly happy about this news. I’m actually playing through Yakuza 2 for the first time right now (played through 1 earlier this year), and loving every single minute of it.

This announcement right here is my Gaming News of the Year.

+ Thrasher20 on December 8th, 2009 at 11:09 am said:

Wow nice to see this here in the West!

+ gamesnskate on December 8th, 2009 at 11:10 am said:

*Dev question* will Yakuza 4 also arrive in North America in the future, regardless of Yakuza3’s sales? CAN’T WAIT

+ randomhero on December 8th, 2009 at 11:12 am said:

Amazing news! And you are bringing us the original Japanese voice cast! I can’t thank you enough. I am a little worried about your release date but nonetheless I will be buying this on day one. Thank you!

PAGE 1 2 3 4 6