No Man's Sky

Yakuza 3 Marches West

Aaron Webber's Avatar + Posted by Aaron Webber on Dec 08, 2009 // Associate Brand Manager, Sega of America

Hey everyone! Aaron Webber here again – some of you may remember me from the Valkyria Chronicles 2 blog post a while back. This time, I have the privilege of bringing you guys some more exciting news – news that I know many of you are about to be extremely excited about!

After months upon months of requests, a myriad of rumors, and even full campaigns that speak to the unparalleled dedication of the fans, we can finally speak those words that all of you have been waiting anxiously to hear. So, here they are:

Yakuza 3 is coming West.

Yakura 3 Coming to PS3

Featuring the original all-star Japanese voice cast and subtitled in English, Yakuza 3 chronicles the next steps in the life of the man once known as the Dragon of Dojima – Kiryu Kazuma.

As Kiryu works to begin a new life running an orphanage in Okinawa, the world he left behind in Tokyo also moves quickly. When the chairman of the Tojo clan is shot and the rivalry between the families plunges the city into chaos, even Okinawa is not far enough away to escape the grasp of the mysterious forces pulling the strings.

Yakura 3 Coming to PS3

Then, when one of Kiryu’s close friends in Okinawa is found with multiple gunshot wounds to the chest, things take a new turn for the worse. Driven to protect his friends, the Dragon is alive again – Kiryu returns to the dark city of Kamurocho, and will stop at nothing to find those responsible and give them his own taste of justice.

Releasing March 2010, the epic Yakuza saga continues, exclusively on the PlayStation 3.

Last but not least, we’d like to give special thanks to you guys, the Yakuza fans! Your passion and dedication has helped make this a reality, and we’d like to extend that thanks by letting you submit questions to the Yakuza 3 development team in Japan! To do so, just put *Dev Question* before typing your question here in the comments.

Until next time – we’ll have lots more news and in-depth looks at what Yakuza 3 has to offer very soon. Spread the word – Yakuza 3 is coming!

PAGE 1 4 5 6

+ RedPriestRezo on December 11th, 2009 at 5:45 am said:

*Dev Question* end

…So, if you’ll make such a collection, you’ll not only make all our hopes and wishes come true, but also have a possibility of finally establishing franchase outside of Japan. And I think you want that as much as we.

+ akashicbusterX on December 11th, 2009 at 8:18 am said:

I’m so relieved that Yakuza 3 is coming. I was worried when I read that Yakuza 1 and 2 sold poorly. I would hate to lose a great series. Anyone remember Shenmue? Personally I prefer original Japanese voices even in RPGs.

*Dev Question*
Is there any chance Kenzan and 4 is coming to the States? It would be nice to bundle Kenzan together with Yakuza 3. I wouldn’t mind it being more expensive. It could be a Collector’s Edition or something.

Sega is finally getting their groove back. This is Sega’s return to form. Bring on the great games that were sorely missing since the Saturn days. I believe Sega can become the powerhouse they once was.

+ MazingerZZZ on December 11th, 2009 at 11:12 am said:

March is gonna make me broke…But looking forward to YAKUZA 3!!!

+ wii_will_rock_u on December 12th, 2009 at 12:03 pm said:

Im just kind of confused, why isnt the full game voiced over? It has text boxes, i mean you have 50GBs I doubt yakuza uses it.

+ Taiin on December 12th, 2009 at 4:21 pm said:

*Dev Question*
This is a question and request at the same time; I purchased the Japanese version of Yakuza 3 at launch, and it would be nice if the game is updated with the ability for english subtitles as well. Is this something that the Dev Team is planning on? Please!!! Thanks.

+ AyoEmmittBrown on December 12th, 2009 at 5:03 pm said:

*Dev Question*

This question is actually more about Yakuza Kenzan than 3. Would the developers consider putting some kind of trophy patch for the game so that it could finally be considered for being brought over to west by sega as well?

Yakuza 3 is a wonderful surprise and we thank you all for all the hard work from finally bringing it here.

That said, bringing Kenzan over here eventually would be a tremendously wonderful gift as well.

Thanks guys.

+ Rich8606 on December 12th, 2009 at 7:41 pm said:

Hells yeah!!!! Now do Kenzan. I want it.

+ neeerd08 on December 12th, 2009 at 9:54 pm said:

YES! i’ve been waiting for this for a long time! i actually thought it’d never be released in english, amen! i got stuck to the story on yakuza, then first day purchase for yakuza 2! the story is great, can’t wait for it! thanks!

+ kabukabujojo on December 12th, 2009 at 11:18 pm said:

OOOwwwh maan!!! FFXIII and now Yakuza 3 will be released on March???
2010 is heaven!!!!!!

+ Jakeman14 on December 13th, 2009 at 3:24 am said:

Dev question- so is this based in okinawa because i lived ther for like 3 years…

+ PSWii60BigScreen on December 13th, 2009 at 11:13 am said:

i missed out on the first 2 entries in the series, until i came VERY LATE to the party. was turned onto Yakuza 2 within the past 6 months and i absolutely LOVED it. i have been very eagerly awaiting an announcement that it would be imported, and i can’t wait till it arrives over here!! day 1 purchase! thanks for making it available here and thanks for keeping the original japanese language intact in it!!

+ sandal83 on December 14th, 2009 at 6:38 am said:

Hi!

Is it true that the game will come censored in some parts?, like the gestion of the night clubs.

Thanks.

+ Cirneco on December 14th, 2009 at 6:05 pm said:

F@ck day one purchase!!! I’m pre-ordering this, Finally we’ve been heard, thanks for listening to us God Bless.

+ dextershen on December 14th, 2009 at 9:00 pm said:

any possible english subtitle package for download if you have the original japanese version?

+ DuoMaxwell007 on December 15th, 2009 at 9:30 am said:

Id prefer to english voiuce acting again but I put up woth the subs in yakuza 2 and will glaldy do it again!!! (now if only they could get that other yakuuza game out here as well). (and maybe even shenmue on the playstation as well while were at it lol)

+ YungShep on December 16th, 2009 at 10:20 pm said:

literally as soon as the news broke about it coming state-side. i created a japan acct knowing the demo was in there, the game is awesome, i dont read japanese so its a bitter sweet feeling playing the demo, but the graphics own, and the gameplay is great. just think, final fight meets gta IV

+ AMIROFSKI on December 17th, 2009 at 5:26 pm said:

Im very upset that he didnt answer my question. wtf?

+ two66mhz on December 18th, 2009 at 1:47 pm said:

So when should I expect a trailer for this? I do not see a link on here.

+ Shaqd78 on December 19th, 2009 at 9:46 am said:

YEs its about time I can’t wait

+ tekenplayer on December 19th, 2009 at 5:25 pm said:

oh my god!!!!! i cant wait i loved yakuza on ps3 its gonna rock on ps3 and i cant wait for yakuza 4 either!!

+ MOJUTMNT on December 19th, 2009 at 5:32 pm said:

Great game can’t wait. Demo is on Japanese playstation store.

+ ChronicV on December 20th, 2009 at 1:57 am said:

*Dev Question* Is there going to be any content taken out of the N/A release. For example, the Hostess or gambling? Will any of it change? Like the traditional Japanese gambling to perhaps more western types like poker.

p.s: Thank you so much for releasing this stateside, I was a huge fan of the Yakuza series. Domo Arragoto lol

+ OutlawByrd on December 20th, 2009 at 7:46 am said:

now that we have yakuza 3 lets push for SHENMUE!!!!!!!! COME ON WHO IS WITH ME

+ JollyGoldRoger on December 20th, 2009 at 1:19 pm said:

And about Ryu ga Gotoku Kenzan!, there will be a release of it too? Maybe a bundle with Yakuza 3, this would be great.

+ ShinoBboy on December 20th, 2009 at 6:31 pm said:

please make a CE Yakuza 3 bundled with Kenzan for the West. THANKS AGAIN…btw, when’s Shenmue 3 coming?

+ steve110889 on December 20th, 2009 at 11:42 pm said:

OMG I CANT WAIT!!!! I LOVE THE SERIES!!! FINALLY!! I played the demo but couldnt understand the words lol but really great game an series, now only if the legacy of kain series will continue MUWAHAHAHAHAHAHA!! im saving my money for this game yakuza 3 cant wait =)

+ LTH-Ricochet on December 22nd, 2009 at 4:24 am said:

Darn there are JUST TOO MANY GAMES ON MARCH? Give us a break!!!!

Anyways, it would be great to have the original Yakuza 1 AND 2 for and HD REMASTERING.

+ evilmajikman on December 22nd, 2009 at 5:11 am said:

I’m really glad that Yakuza 3 is coming to the states. Its my favorite beat em up/rpg series since Shenmue. I just hope Yakuza 4 comes out (and maybe Kenzan as well).

+ iskeypx on December 24th, 2009 at 10:16 pm said:

well, for me an english over dubb wont feel so yakuza-ish. like y’knw, no kansai ben, badass yakuza accent etc. :/

+ RaneUnwritten on December 25th, 2009 at 4:29 am said:

This is awesome. I was already considering an import and using ThePatrick’s walkthrough but with an actual localization it’ll be all the sweeter.

Still, I have to echo what others have already brought up. Are there any plans to bring Kenzan over here to the west? ’cause that’d be just double-awesome.

+ KhmerSamurai42 on December 28th, 2009 at 8:56 am said:

Yes my fav game of all time. i was super amazed with the first 2. i feel like crying. lol

+ Freak_Zilla24-7 on December 28th, 2009 at 8:15 pm said:

Any chance of there being special pre-order offers for us. I mean i’m going to buy the game regardles, but having a few extras never hurts either!

+ Korpesho_T on January 3rd, 2010 at 6:57 pm said:

About time, considering this game’s been out in Japan since February. I wonder if this will include the DLC which was released in March… Also, any word on whether we’ll see the spin-off Ryu Ga Gotoku Kenzan released outside of Japan? Granted this was released back in March ’08 but it’s definitely an awesome game for those fans of the Yakuza franchise. Yakuza 4′s looking pretty wicked so it’ll be nice to play Yakuza 3 in English beforehand. :D

+ XxCreolexX on January 4th, 2010 at 6:10 pm said: