No Man's Sky

Join us in LA for a PlayStation.Blog VGA 2009 Meet-up and Viewing Party!

Chris Morell's Avatar + Posted by Chris Morell on Dec 09, 2009 // Senior Social Media Specialist

As you know, PlayStation is nominated for 17 awards at Spike TV’s Video Game Awards 2009 this Saturday, December 12. If you haven’t already, be sure to support your favorite games and vote!

Spike Video Game Awards 2009

Join us (Jeff and Chris) and fellow PlayStation.Blog readers for a special VGA viewing party in Los Angeles to celebrate our 17 nominations. You’ll want to get there early because we can only get 100 of you in, and there just might be something special for those early birds (hint, hint). Be sure to bring your photo ID, any UNCHARTED 2 schwag you want signed as the Naughty Dog crew will also be joining us! We’ll have plenty of food, drinks and giveaways…

So what are you waiting for? RSVP now on our Facebook page. We’ll see you there!

Event Details:

Capitol City (Main Dining Hall)
1615 N. Cahuenga Boulevard (map)
Los Angeles, CA 90028
(323) 465.1750

Saturday, December 12
4:00 – 7:30 p.m. (The VGA’s start at 5 p.m.)
Parking: Valet, numerous lots nearby, and meters

PlayStation.Blog Meet-Up

PAGE 1 2

+ Kchow23 on December 9th, 2009 at 4:29 pm said:

Uncharted 2 for GOTY! and GOW3 for MOST ANTICIPATED GAME OF 2010 :)

+ RynoIV on December 9th, 2009 at 4:30 pm said:

Will you ever do anything in Ohio?

Chris Morell's Avatar

+ Jeff Rubenstein on December 9th, 2009 at 4:47 pm said:

The reason we\’re holding the event there is because that\’s where the taping is. If they brought it to Ohio – we\’d be there!

+ Blkant on December 9th, 2009 at 4:31 pm said:

Stupid california, always gets everything, what about Florida hu? :(

+ Tazox94 on December 9th, 2009 at 4:34 pm said:

Do something in D.C. Already!!!!!! Or in Maryland

+ DNAgent on December 9th, 2009 at 4:41 pm said:

Meh. VGAs are going to be garbage. They’ll probably give GOTY 2009 to Modern Warfare 2 since it’s basically a Gametrailers show (the Gametrailers review gave Uncharted 2 a 9.3 and said it wasn’t original yet gave a rehash like MW2 a 9.5). Not to mention they also gave GTA4 GOTY 2008 last year when that game was complete garbage and MGS4 was the REAL GOTY 2008.

I’m not going to bother watching it as I choose my own GOTY and for 2008 it was MGS4 & for 2009 it’s Uncharted 2.

+ roseofmayix on December 9th, 2009 at 4:48 pm said:

Im going to laugh when Uncharted doesnt win GOTY.

VGAS are a joke. Any self respecting gamer doesnt vote or care about them. Catering a party to them is foolish.

+ poweredbyzen on December 9th, 2009 at 4:48 pm said:

i want a goody bag! :D

+ dotCody on December 9th, 2009 at 4:50 pm said:

Spike TV…ew.

Chris Morell's Avatar

+ Chris Morell on December 9th, 2009 at 4:54 pm said:

C\’mon, what about MXC?

+ CaruthK on December 9th, 2009 at 4:52 pm said:

Hey Jeff where can I get that T-Shirt to buy? i think it’s hot so I would love to know. thanks…

Chris Morell's Avatar

+ Jeff Rubenstein on December 9th, 2009 at 10:35 pm said:

Come to our GDC Meetup 2009… oh wait :-)

+ jashwin on December 9th, 2009 at 4:58 pm said:

Whats the age requirement to attend?

Chris Morell's Avatar

+ Chris Morell on December 9th, 2009 at 10:19 pm said:

18 or older (unless you bring a parent/guardian).

+ VULGARPOWER_ on December 9th, 2009 at 4:59 pm said:

so this is a free open event for those who show up?? how much do we have to pay?( i am a cheap bastard lol)

Chris Morell's Avatar

+ Chris Morell on December 9th, 2009 at 9:54 pm said:

Yes! But you\’re definitely going to want to show up early.

+ BlooodyCow on December 9th, 2009 at 5:01 pm said:

Will there be any SONY announcement at the VGA? The VGA is a joke with most of their nomination and its not work my viewing. If there is any SONY announcement like last year, then I would watch it.

+ Fusion_ID on December 9th, 2009 at 5:02 pm said:

damn! I work till 6 that day. Any point in still trying to come after 6 from Northridge?

+ thepatriots on December 9th, 2009 at 5:12 pm said:

Spike barely plays MXC anymore. Adding even more reason to why I dislike it.

Anyways, Playstation should really do more events on the East Coast… particularly NY. I feel like it is missed opportunity. Hint hint…

Chris Morell's Avatar

+ Chris Morell on December 9th, 2009 at 9:56 pm said:

Point taken. Less MXC, not cool.

We\’d love to do something in NYC! Hopefully it\’ll happen. Fingers crossed. Tempting me with delicious Magnolia Bakery cupcakes couldn\’t hurt ;-)

+ remanutd5 on December 9th, 2009 at 5:13 pm said:

whats up Chris ? werent you guys supposed to showcase games in New york this week? and VGA awards … lol , will sony be debuting a new trailer from God of War or any other highly anticipated game on the show? i hope we get to see more of God of War 3 soon

Chris Morell's Avatar

+ Chris Morell on December 9th, 2009 at 10:10 pm said:

Yep! Jeff was there, and he came back armed with a few interviews for ya. Stay tuned…

+ inspace2020 on December 9th, 2009 at 5:34 pm said:

I’m there! As I am at all Sony events in L.A. but something tells me there are going to be nerds lined up ridiculous early for no reason at all. I’ll get there a little early and hope for the best.

Chris Morell's Avatar

+ Chris Morell on December 9th, 2009 at 10:12 pm said:

See you there!

+ The1stMJC on December 9th, 2009 at 5:41 pm said:

I hope they take this years show serious.

People wonder why the the industry isn’t taken serious by the media just look at past years.

+ ADR143 on December 9th, 2009 at 5:46 pm said:

man people are so lucky to go in this

+ sscoolChea on December 9th, 2009 at 5:54 pm said:

I dont care for rewards or what the gaming media says , but when KILLZONE 2 is not even nominated for the GAME OF THE YEAR award .I lost all hope in the gaming media .I hope uncharted 2 takes it all so everyone can suck it

+ bashbro25 on December 9th, 2009 at 5:54 pm said:

couldn’t help but notice killzone 2 isn’t even a runner up for goty yet crappy games like left 4 dead b and cod mw2 showed up? really? goty is hands down uncharted 2, but seeing how gta4 was last yrs goty i’ll assume the overly hyped, unsatisfying, lag fest known as cod mw2 will win. why give credit to a crappy game all that leads to is another crappy game and activision is goin to re-release the same’ol crap because people keep buying them for some reason

+ sscoolChea on December 9th, 2009 at 5:56 pm said:

anyone notice he looks like jared the subway dude

Chris Morell's Avatar

+ Chris Morell on December 9th, 2009 at 10:17 pm said:

Haha. Eat fresh!

+ GAM3R_16 on December 9th, 2009 at 6:10 pm said:

man I want that shirt jeff

+ Nick-30 on December 9th, 2009 at 6:12 pm said:

@ Chris Morell

Eh, do you know when the Canadian Fortune Hunter Edition Winners are going to be announced.

Thanks.

Also do any events occur in Canada. That would be awesomeif they did.

+ Transporter47 on December 9th, 2009 at 6:20 pm said:

How old do you have to be to go, I am 19 and also, what if i want to bring my cousin and my brother along is that allowed?

+ wu-stix on December 9th, 2009 at 6:28 pm said:

Yeah people were going on about how killzone 2 did nothing original and then praise MW2 which should have been DLC for COD4. That game does nothing new but show us that reviewers have their heads up their asses. How about recognizing that the story was crap and the multiplayer is laggy on XBL and PSN (I’ve played it on both). Dedicated servers is where it’s at as well as having multiplayer with more than 12 people. Killzone had 16 people on each team, an awesome cover system, AI that wasn’t retarded, and multiplayer maps that were huge and interesting. I dare anyone to say that MW2 maps are better than the ones in K2. I commend GG for not catering to the casuals and making a game where you get bonus points if you finally kill someone after dying a bunch of times. U2 is the only game nominated that deserves the GOTY. Batman was sweet but no multiplayer and no Co-op with worse visuals (than UC2) and worse story no one can seriously say it is even a contender.

+ YungShep on December 9th, 2009 at 6:31 pm said:

@5 @6 and @12
im with all of you about the vga and gametrailers… meh

unless sony has some sort of announcement…ill pass as well

my goty 2008 would have been mgs4 as well and this year should go to Uncharted 2 or Demon’s Souls but we all know the truth right…

vga+gametrailers=xbot360=mw2

but i hope playstation takes home a few awards tho..

+ YungShep on December 9th, 2009 at 6:33 pm said:

@25 i agree about killzone 2. that was the best shooter ever period, both graphics story and online.

+ Trucidation on December 9th, 2009 at 6:33 pm said:

VGA nominations were such a joke. No mention of Dragon Age: Origins for GotY along with Demon’s Souls, that game had the best cut scenes I’ve ever seen.

L4D2, AC2, both are just rehashes along with MW2! I find it weird we’re getting more sequels to be nominated than original concepts. I suppose the little dev teams don’t have the $$$ to pay their way to the top.

+ YungShep on December 9th, 2009 at 6:38 pm said:

lol the game of the year award should be renamed to the game of the 4th quarter award.. how can they not include killzone 2. this award show is so biased..

+ CRevolver7 on December 9th, 2009 at 6:38 pm said:

I know you couldn’t TELL me what it is, but is SONY revealing ANYTHING at the VGA’s this year? I was really excited last year from the Uncharted 2 and God of War 3 teasers…

+ lando786 on December 9th, 2009 at 6:41 pm said:

Wow people actually take the VGA’s seriously? C’mon no Killzone 2 for GOTY but they included L4D2?!?!?! It seems they give awards to games based on how much they get advertised.

+ poodude on December 9th, 2009 at 6:59 pm said:

Though most gamers don’t seem to care for the VGAs I still find them fun. Sure they can be stupid at times, but it’s just something fun to watch. Anyway I voted for Uncharted 2 and Demon’s Souls and I hope both win. Now to actually finish Demon’s Souls…

+ darkimagesdotcom on December 9th, 2009 at 7:16 pm said:

had to comment on this after i saw it too, it is b.s that KZ2 is not the list the game came out this year so why isnt it on the list, this show and web site is so bias (g4tv) and what gets me is why isnt sony saying anything about it, why are they letting the media hide this gem under the rug, pure b.s. well, shows and prove that kz2 is a beast of a game and when it came out and shut up all the fanboys and had the running with there tail between there legs, just to show you how bias they are of the game. they had to attack the controls cause they made you feel like you were actually carring the gun not like a water balloon in other games coughmwandmw2cough. but when brink comes out and they imply that to there game, will they have complaints about it, nope, cause you kno why its not a PS3 CULSIVE

+ YungShep on December 9th, 2009 at 7:29 pm said:

i voted best downloadable game….FAT PRINCESS!! Thanks Titan Studios for a great psn game!

+ SPOPS on December 9th, 2009 at 7:43 pm said:

We need a Playstation Blog meet up at Orlando, FL

+ V0L1M1N4L on December 9th, 2009 at 7:43 pm said:

Killzone 2 was a great game. Goty? Probably not. I enjoyed my time with the game. It was a pretty game. I only have a few gripes with the game. It seemed that the camera pov always seemed that Sev was at nipple height. The story wasn’t that bad. It wasn’t the greatest but not bad. It could have used better character development. There where some opportunities where they could have made some interesting choices with the characters. However it ended up being a “bro” fest. With that being said, I can’t wait until I get the game back from my brother in-law so i can jump into the multiplayer.

+ sscoolChea on December 9th, 2009 at 8:19 pm said:

@ 36

Do you know what were implying here . Were not saying that killzone 2 should be GAME OF THE YEAR .Were just saying out of all that list you mean to tell me killzone 2 isn’t even nominated . Give me a freakin break .The multiplayer that you like so much should get itself nominated . It shows how dumb and bias the gaming media is . But it is what it is .

+ AxmShenmue on December 9th, 2009 at 8:57 pm said:

People hating on the VGA`s need to realize its all we have. And even though its not perfect, even though its a complete mainstream pile of advertizing, we need to cling to it and be there while it grows into something more favorable. Or else the only ones that will pay attention to it are the mainstream casual gamers who will keep it as it is.

Chris Morell's Avatar

+ Jeff Rubenstein on December 9th, 2009 at 10:41 pm said:

You bring up good points – a lot of people who might not know about our games watch for the celebrities, etc.

While I agree that I\’d love to see KZ2 have a GOTY nom, PlayStation has – by far – the most nominations of any other publisher. It\’s worth watching!

+ V0L1M1N4L on December 9th, 2009 at 9:22 pm said:

OMG BIAS!!!!
You’re bias. I’m bias. Everyone is bias. I don’t go to G4tv.com or gametrailers because every other coment there is “THE PLATFORM I DON’T OWN SUX. LOLOLOL”. I like my FPS on PC. I am PC shooter biased. Did that stop me from buying Killzone 2? No. I bought Killzone 2 for my ps3 because the game looked great graphically. The single player was great. Though I had my problems with some of the character development, and/or game mechanics. The multiplayer was great. I’ll say it again. Killzone 2 was a great game. Should it be nominated for game of the year? In my opinion, no. The thing is, it’s not only the “gaming media” that’s biased. It’s you. It’s me. It’s the commenters in news posts and articles. It’s the fanboy in all of us. Oh and VIDEO GAMES.

+ bashbro25 on December 9th, 2009 at 9:27 pm said:

the saddest thing bout this is that a great game like uncharted 2 is going to be looked at as 4th place at best. #1 u’ll be cod mw2, 2nd place halo odst (eventhough all it has is a 5hr story n same mps as halo 3), then left 4 dead 2 (oh my god talk bout lag) yet all these games u’ll come b4 the most deserving game, uncharted 2
all i have to say is if god of war 3 doesn’t get goty for 2010 then there will be no point in watching vga cause it’ll truly be corrupt

+ hjason1 on December 9th, 2009 at 9:31 pm said:

@2 don’t u know everything happens in cali? or where your not. i live in FL i feal your pain. nothing is ever here nothing i tell ya. i wish i had the money to start a games, show. but sadly i don’t ‘,(

+ TLSBill on December 9th, 2009 at 10:00 pm said:

I’d love to come as I’m local, but it’s the wife’s birthday and I like breathing. That said, I’ll have to pass. Keep me in your thoughts though and have a blast to all that can attend!

+ Thwip on December 9th, 2009 at 10:23 pm said:

Hey Jeff and Chris,

I’ve already decided that I am going to schedule a “work trip” around one of these events in 2010. Please try and post these meet-up events further in advance if at all possible. I live in Canada, so I have to book the travel for “work” well in advance.

Thanx!

+ gundamman on December 9th, 2009 at 10:35 pm said:

i think you guys should of done the reservation system like you did for uncharted 2, hell im guna see if any of my freinds want to go, and me and mis amigos will drive up there!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! WE’LL DO IT!!!!!

+ EnigmaNemesis on December 9th, 2009 at 10:36 pm said:

To NOT have MLB 09 The Show in the list for Sports Game or Teams Sports Game of the Year is a travesty.

This show is no different than any “pop award show”.

It was the best sports game in a while IMO, and should at least be a nominee.

+ Hobartbob on December 9th, 2009 at 11:33 pm said:

@45 I AGREE 100% MLB 09 THE SHOW IS THE BEST BASEBALL GAME EVER!!!!!! HOW CAN IT NOT BE UP FOR AN AWARD???? WHAT A SHAME!!! UNCHARTED 2 BETTER GET GOTY!!!!!!!!!!

+ HarryKawk on December 10th, 2009 at 12:20 am said:

@ Chris
How much will food and drinks be inside?

+ NeoUltima on December 10th, 2009 at 12:48 am said:

O yay, more chances for Californians to get the Fortune Hunter Edition. Never anything for us east coasters.

+ Mucudadada on December 10th, 2009 at 1:17 am said:

I will totally be there! Any suggestion on when we should get there?

+ Echnaton on December 10th, 2009 at 2:20 am said:

Id’ love to come, but (1) it’s a 12 hour flight from switzerland and (2) we have our companies (games network) christmas dinner that night …

PAGE 1 2