PS4 - Batman Arkham Knight

MAG Official Box Art + Statistics from the Beta

Jeremy Dunham's Avatar + Posted by Jeremy Dunham on Dec 09, 2009 // Sr. Community Manager, Zipper Interactive

We’ve been exceedingly grateful to those of you who participated in our MAG beta tests over the last several months and couldn’t be happier with how everything turned out.

Naturally, with the end of our beta cycle, comes the countdown to our final release on January 26, and what better way to start that countdown than to reveal the final, “official” box art that you’ll find in the United States and Canada. Have a gander!

MAG Packfront Final!

Pretty sweet isn’t it? Yeah, we like it too.

Now that you know what to look for in the future, let’s go back to the past for a moment and talk about some interesting information we gathered over the last month.

• More than 42,000 matches were played over the course of the full public beta (August 17 – December 5).
  • During October’s beta period alone nearly 534,000+ miles were traveled in-game by MAG players each week.
  • During the final month of the Beta 4 and 4.5 periods (November 9 – December 5):
    • Of the more than 65,000 players that logged on, 17,000 of them qualified for Squad Leader, 3500 people qualified for Platoon Leader, 1100 folks made it all the way to OIC, and 206 dedicated warriors made it all the way to the level 60 experience cap.
    • Nearly 18 million kills were made and an excess of 700 million shots were fired.
    • The Top 3 most played maps all belonged to the Sabotage mode. They were, in order, Syr Darya Uplink, Darien Network, and Copper Hills Relay.
  • You can check out some of our dedicated Beta tester all-stars over on the Official MAG Blog.

+ UnKn0nSldr86 on December 10th, 2009 at 1:10 pm said:

from a scale from 1-10, 10 being the best, i give the box art a 7+

if this game is as addictive as the Socom game on the ps2 was, than count me in.

+ Gogo_ZvC on December 10th, 2009 at 1:13 pm said:

The only problem with the cover I find is the jarring gun at the bottom of it, just feels like it doesn’t belong. Other than that great cover and great game!

+ Kruegmeister on December 10th, 2009 at 1:14 pm said:

They Should put Something about 256 Players.
This is one of the Main Draws for the Game, Yet the Box is not going to mention that???

+ robertdawg014 on December 10th, 2009 at 1:15 pm said:

i miss the beta/ :(

+ BigBoss712 on December 10th, 2009 at 1:18 pm said:

That’s a great looking boxcover but I didn’t like the beta all that much.. =(

+ Jeigh on December 10th, 2009 at 1:19 pm said:

Yeah, I think I’m more or less happy with the boxart. I’d give it an 8.2 or so. Haven’t actually been watching the game too much. I’m not really a fan of online-only games.

+ Fusion_ID on December 10th, 2009 at 1:20 pm said:

hey you guys and I really hope you guys consider this, the point of Mag is that its Massive and no other game out there lets you play with 256 players. I feel like you guys should state that somewhere on the front of the box. Maybe even in the silver line under MAG put 256 Players Online so the avg. joe who just looks at the cover or something will automatically know something is different about this game. Just a thought

+ MiChAeL6 on December 10th, 2009 at 1:22 pm said:

Stunning box art, I love it, still haven’t played the game yet

+ westendmatt on December 10th, 2009 at 1:26 pm said:

Just wanted to say how much I miss playing this game! I cannot freaking wait for this to come out! A piece of me died when the BETA ended. I’m itching to see what the full version is going to bring. GOOD WORK ZIPPER!

+ Draicus on December 10th, 2009 at 1:28 pm said:

The box art is hectic, but the white and orange will probably catch some attention on retail shelves. The whole bottom half of the cover looks like it was just thrown in because someone forgot where they were going with the composition. :-P

Looking forward to the release though.

+ PSN_Tokeio on December 10th, 2009 at 1:34 pm said:

Any ETA on when portable id will be fixed?

+ BlingOnMyWrist on December 10th, 2009 at 1:34 pm said:

It’s very well done, and I like the splash technique. The gun at the bottom just looks out of place…

+ radiantshadow92 on December 10th, 2009 at 1:37 pm said:

awsome

+ ColeBeans on December 10th, 2009 at 1:47 pm said:

WOW, amazing job on the box art guys, mad props!

+ Alex_Assassin_08 on December 10th, 2009 at 1:51 pm said:

Glad to say I participated in the Beta, fantastic game :)

however, I pray the European boxart (I live in England) is slightly more focused.

Only complaint I have is that the game sometimes feels rather bland.

Howeer, when you get into it, the sense of community is amazing.

Pre-ordered :)

Alex

+ Blkant on December 10th, 2009 at 1:52 pm said:

Wow, I must say that is definitely some excellent box art there… From the beta I was iffy, but I hope you guys clean, polish, and fix everything since then for release date, in hopes that when I rent it I’ll want to buy it.

+ ADR143 on December 10th, 2009 at 2:05 pm said:

MAG beta was fun!!!!

cant w8 to get my hands on it!

u would like the boxart better if SVER was in the frontpage lol

+ schopaia on December 10th, 2009 at 2:09 pm said:

Will this come with a headset?

+ email2003 on December 10th, 2009 at 2:16 pm said:

◦Of the more than 65,000 players that logged on, 17,000 of them qualified for Squad Leader, 3500 people qualified for Platoon Leader, 1100 folks made it all the way to OIC, and 206 dedicated warriors made it all the way to the level 60 experience cap.

Of those 65,000 I wasn’t invited to play the beta. Weak SONY. I’m not interested in your game now.

+ Rostam10 on December 10th, 2009 at 2:25 pm said:

MAG is a pretty good game…but it can never in a million years be better than Modern Warfare 2!!!!

+ MADANI_G on December 10th, 2009 at 2:26 pm said:

oh this game is only online? will it have trophies?

+ MADANI_G on December 10th, 2009 at 2:28 pm said:

me too I was never invited to a beta,so what? you dont see me crying.

+ MADANI_G on December 10th, 2009 at 2:31 pm said:

im new to PLAYSTATION BLOG.

+ jimmyhoffa82 on December 10th, 2009 at 2:31 pm said:

awesome played the beta more then any in a very long time, its pre-ordered and cant wait for the release, SVER forever!!

+ XgargunoX on December 10th, 2009 at 2:40 pm said:

Looks like zipper favors raven… Idk if I’m chosing raven or S.V.E.R yet.. Nice cover and looks like a sweet game.. Pre ordered in July

+ georgecat315fat on December 10th, 2009 at 2:49 pm said:

Awesome cover

+ Talyis on December 10th, 2009 at 2:51 pm said:

I know you probably heard this before but I really think this game should include a headset like SOCOM. It was really a pain to play with others online in the beta when they had no headset especially the squad leaders!

+ Rude_Sparthan on December 10th, 2009 at 2:54 pm said:

IMPRESSIVE.. ;) nice job artists!

+ gtsentry on December 10th, 2009 at 2:58 pm said:

OMG the bex art is a new type of a cover for a shooter game and looks crazy

+ Delta_Canuckian on December 10th, 2009 at 3:27 pm said:

Sweet box art, but why all Raven? You can see some Valor guys, but I’m disappointed with the lack of SVER. :/

+ Mark_Critelli on December 10th, 2009 at 3:48 pm said:

i read in the POST “and 206 dedicated warriors made it all the way to the level 60 experience cap.” really LMFAO cuz i was threw the hole 3month beta i was caped to 40, then reset, then got caped 40 then Reseted again got Caed 40 again then reseted & got caped at 60 =) then reset again & again got caped lv.60 =) so i was caped threw out the beta even after every reset so i was the one of the 206 or u counted me in it 2times cuz i got 60 2times after the reset & got back to 60 hehe. also the game is really really really awsome i had 2.85kill/death ratio with 4,000kills OVER deaths each time i was reseted & got it all back i master this game & i love it alot i even PAWNED everyone with single shot Pistol & i have proof of it with screen shot out all my weapons i 500kills more with my Pistol then my main weapon thats how good i am at ur awsome game i am looking forward to Jan.26 awsome job zipper.

+ TheUndertaker85 on December 10th, 2009 at 4:08 pm said:

Why aren’t you guys addressing the auto kick/ban feature that you’re adding with the full title? I’m sure people’d like details of how they can get banned from the fully online title they paid $60 for…

+ Rai_11 on December 10th, 2009 at 4:30 pm said:

Man that’s one of the nicest box art I’ve seen in a while!

+ Archeon_Dema on December 10th, 2009 at 4:55 pm said:

Badass

+ KILLZONE79 on December 10th, 2009 at 5:07 pm said:

I just want to say a BIG thanks to sony and zipper for allowing us to beta test MAG it was a fun wild ride. im so looking foward january 26th heck, i’ll preorder this after christmas
as i have to save money now to do christmas shopping for our family.

+ Lil_Mermaid_Girl on December 10th, 2009 at 5:11 pm said:

I don’t like the top bar across the top with PS3 logo. I like the side bar alot more.

+ Techp13 on December 10th, 2009 at 5:18 pm said:

Sweet it will be teen!!

+ mikedo2007 on December 10th, 2009 at 6:25 pm said:

the cover doesn’t look bad. Could be better though. I’m suprised this game got a T-rating, I look at the trailer and it looked like it may a M-rating.

+ MaDogNik96 on December 10th, 2009 at 6:39 pm said:

That box art looks EPIC. I was in the first beta, it was pretty fun.

+ CapinChronic on December 10th, 2009 at 6:42 pm said:

Raven on box art = fail…. S.V.E.R FOR THE WIN!!!!!!!

+ madeup6 on December 10th, 2009 at 6:47 pm said:

The box art is awesome. If it looks cluttered, just remember that it is very fitting for the game. 256 players worth of clutter.

+ TOY_BOXX on December 10th, 2009 at 6:50 pm said:

The MAG box art looks really good. It displays in short snippets of what the game is all about. Eye catching, which is the purpose of the box art. Get the customers attention for possible sales.

Also the game itself, even though it was a beta, was alot of fun too. I’m excited in seeing what the final product looks like.

+ Black_Ryuk on December 10th, 2009 at 7:13 pm said:

Love the cover…I can see why others may not like it since raven might not be the PMC they wanted to join…How about interchangeable covers for each PMC?

and will the game include a headset or have a separate bundle that will have it?

+ poweredbyzen on December 10th, 2009 at 8:51 pm said:

woohoo – RAVEN made the box cover! this makes me very happy! i’m a raven sniper; can’t wait for release day! thanks again for the awesome beta, zipper!

+ poweredbyzen on December 10th, 2009 at 8:53 pm said:

GAMECRAZY PRE-ORDER PROBLEM: i hear a lot of gamecrazy stores are closing; heck, there isn’t even one where in live in orlando! i want the RAVEN SPYDER SUIT and you can only get it by pre-order with gamecrazy. is there any other way to get it?! DLC PERHAPS?! PLEASE?!

+ Mighty-LordNes on December 10th, 2009 at 11:32 pm said:

Hitman-Merc wrote: MAG ownes SOCOM its still was beta and accomplished overwhellming expections too me… I stopped playing my socom game for this MAG was awesome dont let it get as bad as socom is now th campers end the camping please!!!

Hitman, in this game if they camp while attacking they lose! If they’re defending, then I wouldn’t call that camping. It is not Socom, much less Crappy Confrontation!

About the cover though, I like it but as someone already said the giant dude kind of doesnt belong there. The whole thing kind of reminds me of the cover of Battlefield Modern Combat. But I’m not really concerned about the cover. I know I loved the beta, and I’m waiting for the actual game. That’s all that matters to me.

+ Kustom_FX on December 11th, 2009 at 4:12 am said:

Box Art is well done, but I dont like it. WTH? Total Raven bend there.. your pushing your 3 PMC HUGH game on us, then SVER & VALOR get dinked on the cover? Yea we know what faction the ZpR Tags will be on now dont we.. kinda lame to make it so 1 sided on the cover.. just my opinion..

+ DirtYxWorM on December 11th, 2009 at 9:01 am said:

I got my sick days ready. It looks like a new Chuck Norris movie, Hell Yea!

+ alucard696PL on December 11th, 2009 at 10:15 am said:

looks great :) cant wait to raven you all :D:D:D but for know im heading back to bad company 2 beta :) i want your dog tags :D

+ SubzEroBlu on December 11th, 2009 at 6:19 pm said:

how would a clan from call of duty make the transition to MAG and be in the same squad or platoon??? We have 35 to 45 people and we were thinking of how would we all play together in the game??