Horizon Zero Dawn

Dec 09

Dec 09

PixelJunk Shooter and So Much More

Dylan Cuthbert's Avatar Posted by President and Executive Producer, Q-Games Ltd.

The wait is almost over. PixelJunk Shooter will finally be available on the PlayStation Store tomorrow, Thursday, December 10 for $9.99…just in time for the holidays! (And another great gift is PixelJunk Monsters Deluxe for the PSP. Remember you don’t need a PSPgo to play Monsters Deluxe. It plays great on any PSP! That’s something we’ve had a lot of mail about.)

As all you PixelJunk fans are aware, music plays an important role in all of our games. For Shooter, we worked very closely with High Frequency Bandwidth and we really hope you enjoy the music as much as we do.

We’ve also added the ability to earn reward items in Home and have amped up our HOME PixelJunk area with a really cool new Shooter space. Be sure to check it out when it goes live next Thursday, December 17.

I might as well use this blog entry as an excuse to talk a little bit about the response PixelJunk Monsters Deluxe has been getting – it has been awesome! Metacritic currently ranks us in the top 10 of all-time best PSP games (at the time of writing), which is absolutely incredible for us! It seems most people are playing the game in offline 1p mode (which of course is engrossing to the extreme), but everyone should definitely try out the online play. It’s a lot of fun and there are lots of like-minded Monsters fans out there to “parlay” and boogie on down with. It’s also surprisingly fun to simply hang out in a one of the lobbies and watch the blow-by-blow tickertape commentaries of other people’s games.

Oh and I almost forgot the extra good news! To celebrate the launch of PixelJunk Shooter and the holidays, starting December 22nd, the PS Store will be offering a 3-in-1 combo deal of Racers, Monsters *and* Eden altogether for just 19.99! Even if you already own one of them it is a fantastic deal! As Deb Mars always says, we love spreading that PixelJunk love and here is a great reason to do so for your family and friends. Take the PixelJunk plunge and see what the fuss is all about!

And as always, send us comments!

Add Your Own

Lerkero said:

December 9th, 12:56 pm

I haven’t heard anything about Pixeljunk Shooter on PSP. What’s with that? There is a difference between PSP and PS3 owners. PSN downloads should be available for both.

CapinChronic said:

December 9th, 1:05 pm

Im stoked for this… The game looks awesome!!

rmx687 said:

December 9th, 1:17 pm

I just wanted to say congratulations and thanks for everyone at Q Games on/for the Pixel Junk series!!! It’s been a great group of games and I can’t wait to be playing the next one. This newest trailer was incredible and I hope you guys are proud of your work – you deserve to be. Thank God for developers like you still in the biz.

shadysaiyanz said:

December 9th, 1:19 pm

Mind if i buy PixelJunk Shooter? i hope not :D

silverthehedgeh said:

December 9th, 1:22 pm

is there a create your own level mode please reply

SPOOKULA209 said:

December 9th, 1:23 pm

This is a must buy for me, although I still haven’t finished Trine, Braid or COD Classic. I have way too many PSN games but this looks to good to pass up.

Insomnia999 said:

December 9th, 1:36 pm

3 for 1 should cost $9.99.

$19.99 is the cost of two. :/

Can’t wait to add Shooter to the collection!!!

Dylan Cuthbert's Avatar

Dylan Cuthbert said:

December 9th, 7:17 pm

yup, it\’s 3 IN 1, as in 3 games in one bundle. 3 for 1 would be a little too liberal I think! (we need to fund PJ 1-5 :-)

Insomnia999 said:

December 9th, 1:37 pm

Sony, any news on a new Ridge Racer?!

What about Quantum Theory? The new trailer looks excellent!

BizzyBox said:

December 9th, 1:43 pm

This looks super fun!
But I was wondering, will multiplayer be over the interwebs, or will I need to ring my friends? And how many levels are there total in this game?

Thanks!

Dylan Cuthbert's Avatar

Dylan Cuthbert said:

December 9th, 7:15 pm

Local co-op only – the game is too quick and fast to deal with internet lag! You\’d never be able to dodge the magma :)

crusher915 said:

December 9th, 1:44 pm

is there a site that provides ratings for psn games only??

T3mpr1x said:

December 9th, 1:52 pm

@DaveedT13, don’t know why you are using Internet Explorer 6…IE8 is horrible enough but 6 is just god-awful by comparison. Not surprised it works in Firefox, that browser takes the cake. I suggest switching to either Firefox or Google Chrome. For as much progress as Microsoft made with Windows 7, their internet browser is still sub-par to say the least.

T3mpr1x said:

December 9th, 1:54 pm

Oh and on-topic: you have my $10 easily. I’ve bought all PixelJunk games thus far, so unfortunately I cannot benefit from that sweet bundle which basically amounts to a buy-2-get-1-free deal, but on the other hand I’ve had those awesome games the entire time! :)

Dylan Cuthbert's Avatar

Dylan Cuthbert said:

December 9th, 7:14 pm

If you want to buy a present for your friends or family though who haven\’t experienced PixelJunk you should be able to purchase the bundle on amazon! (as well as Shooter)

mywhitenoise said:

December 9th, 1:55 pm

@58, Quantum Theory looks like crap…and it’s a multiplatform title now.

Since I already bought Monsters and Eden, along with expansions, can I have Racers for free? haha.

Blkant said:

December 9th, 2:07 pm

No online co-op makes me a very sad person…..

Ghost_Shrimp said:

December 9th, 2:35 pm

Yes, can’t wait for the update tomorrow. Keep making these excellent pixeljunk games.

TwinDad said:

December 9th, 2:43 pm

Will you be making the sound track for shooter available on PSN like you did for monsters and eden?

Curtisio said:

December 9th, 3:03 pm

Will there be an editor so you can make you make your own levels?

bushisprez said:

December 9th, 3:17 pm

Shooter looks amazing! I planned to buy one of them almost got PJ EDEN. Shooter looks like the most “Bang for your Buck” with Home functionality, trophies, online coop, and I believe remote play with the PSP. ALL FOR $10
yippee!!!!!

JumpMan33 said:

December 9th, 3:33 pm

I’m having a real hard time choose between gravity crash and PJ:S

And I thought I was done buying games for the year :/

Kchow23 said:

December 9th, 3:38 pm

Will this be also release on the Canadian PS Store? Don’t want to get my hopes up and realize this was US Release only.

SirTrigalot said:

December 9th, 3:47 pm

awesome music. Is the soundtrack going to be available tomorrow as well

NDC89 said:

December 9th, 3:51 pm

congrats on the 9.1 on IGN the review just made me want this even more

THE-D1RTY-77 said:

December 9th, 3:52 pm

man thats a lot of inventive-ness with this game…pixel series has come along way and is that two player support i see?

i’m sold

TubaDude49 said:

December 9th, 4:10 pm

Encores in the bundle?

Sekoku said:

December 9th, 4:15 pm

Can’t blind buy. I require a demo for shooters.

Home reward items = Nice. I just wish Home would get off it’s butt and fix things to make Home worthwhile…

Meanwhile:

Monsters PS3 + PSP (Deluxe) bundle for $15, plz? Probably be losing some cash, but I’d totally buy (even though I said before I don’t like the upgrade mechanic of “dancing”) both if it was that much.

stlthriot said:

December 9th, 5:03 pm

Looks amazing! And, great price! :D

looleeka said:

December 9th, 5:11 pm

Mr. Cuthbert please convince Mr. Paterson to release the OST on PSN (preferably WAVs) or physical copy on vinyl. :)

Dylan Cuthbert's Avatar

Dylan Cuthbert said:

December 9th, 7:12 pm

I think Alex and Dom are considering releasing on CD (and vinyl of course). Keep an eye on their homepage for more info! You can get a few tracks on I-Tunes already.

MadmanEU said:

December 9th, 5:45 pm

10 bucks for a game you basically said “**** you” to the fans with? And one which will no doubt have an unacceptably difficult trophy list?

Yeah, you lost my PixelJunk support by saying “**** you” with Eden and your arrogance about it’s difficulty. Looks like you didn’t learn your lesson.

I hope this game fails. Maybe then you’ll pay attention to your fans.

Einhander138 said:

December 9th, 5:46 pm

No disc, no sale.

Ausohoj said:

December 9th, 5:49 pm

SWEET! Tommorow can’t come soon enough. One question, is it just local multiplayer or is there also online multiplayer?

liquidypoo said:

December 9th, 5:50 pm

Hey guys, I know this isn’t exactly relevant to PJ Shooter, but I figure I should give you a heads up: your embedded Viddler reloads the video for me every time I mouse onto and back off of it. I actually have to leave my cursor somewhere in the flash window, or else it reloads the video. I’m using Firefox 3.5.5 on Ubuntu 9.10

LN_MEXWARRIOR said:

December 9th, 5:51 pm

@ Dylan Cuthbert?

Is there custom soundtracks support?? Please let US now.

Zevious_Z said:

December 9th, 7:05 pm

@ MadmanEU

…seriously dude, get a life.

@ Q Games – can’t wait to give you my tenner for PJ:S. I’ve probably gotten more bang for my buck out of PJ Monsters than any other game I’ve ever purchased. Shooter looks like all kinds of fun…

MadmanEU said:

December 9th, 7:16 pm

@ Zevious_Z

Learn to play real games.

Zevious_Z said:

December 9th, 7:18 pm

@ MadmanEU

ouch. I’m hurt… :(

lostinplainsight said:

December 9th, 7:50 pm

is the movement momentum based like gravity crash?because if it is that’s a deal breaker for me I hate those running on ice controls

Keebzerz said:

December 9th, 8:18 pm

Still the worst name for a game on PSN.

Rinaldus91 said:

December 9th, 8:35 pm

Was going to ask if there were bosses in this game, but saw what looked like one in the trailer. That’s fantasmic news, I was probably going to wait until there was a video game dry spell, but bosses pushed this into a day one buy.

Rinaldus91 said:

December 9th, 8:41 pm

@78/MadmanEU:
Really? I don’t usually respond to stupidity such as this, but you’re bashing a developer for making the trophies for their game challenging? Do you not enjoy the sense of accomplishment or are you just that horrible of a gamer? If your bashing a game like PixelJunk Eden for its difficulty, then you should burn down From Software to the ground for putting out Demon’s Souls.

Ignore the foolishness of this individual Q-Games, and continue adding to the PixelJunk series. Fingers crossed for a PixelJunk RPG!

Keeng said:

December 9th, 9:23 pm

You guys are really F’n good at making video games. Just thought I’d share that.

Ricky_Sao said:

December 9th, 9:45 pm

Can’t wait for this!! :D

MadmanEU said:

December 10th, 12:12 am

@Rinaldus

There is quite a difference between challenge and just plain ol’ stupid difficulty. Many of Eden’s maps are not challenging, they are just poorly designed, and hence more difficult than they need to be. Not to mention the entire game’s MAIN GIMMICK is rendered compeltely useless on Garden 5 onward. The trophies reflect this. Not to mention some of the “challenges” you speak of, like letting 0 pollen ticks fall. Sorry, but thats just laziness on the developers part.

If they can’t genuinely find a way to make it challenging, they shouldn’t be doing what they’re doing. Suggesting I try to do moronic tasks that no one in their right mind would try otherwise as “challenge”, is not challenge. Its amateur-at-best game design. Q-games has not made a single game better than a B+, and Shooter will prove to be no exception.

The majority of people who play their games agree with me, not you Q fanboys. You simply don’t know what good gaming is because you apparently can’t get your heads past PJ’s mediochre titles.

Watchmann said:

December 10th, 3:18 am

Very nice to see that it’s still possible to produce quality titles at the $10 price point.

Thanks Dylan and to everyone at Q games — Happy Holidays!

Silurus said:

December 10th, 3:52 am

Going to get Shooter for sure why I get home on Sunday. Been looking forward to it since it was announced.

qwertyuiopasdfgh said:

December 10th, 3:56 am

Please stop using video hosting sites that don’t work in the PS3 web browser. Use Youtube or Viddler, those work fine. Somebody please tell Jeff or Chris. An answer would be appreciated. Thanks.

Zevious_Z said:

December 10th, 4:38 am

@ MadmanEU

lol, what “majority” agrees with you? Certainly not the majority that puts up scores on metacritic. Get over yourself…

Galley said:

December 10th, 6:46 am

It kinda looks like Gravity Crash without the annoying gravity.

Nitz_x said:

December 10th, 7:03 am

That sale is unfortunately useless for me. you know why? Because I already own _all three_ games.

Keep up the brilliant work.

Also, Racers is especially under-appreciated; it’s simply chaos playing with seven people at once.

Reverend_M said:

December 10th, 9:22 am

Wow . . . Okay I wanted Shooter from the first time I heard about it. Now, that video just makes me NEED it! Lol

But, It’ll have to wait :( I’ve neither time nor money to get it yet :(