PS3-TLOU Left Behind

PixelJunk Shooter and So Much More

Dylan Cuthbert's Avatar + Posted by Dylan Cuthbert on Dec 09, 2009 // President and Executive Producer, Q-Games Ltd.

The wait is almost over. PixelJunk Shooter will finally be available on the PlayStation Store tomorrow, Thursday, December 10 for $9.99…just in time for the holidays! (And another great gift is PixelJunk Monsters Deluxe for the PSP. Remember you don’t need a PSPgo to play Monsters Deluxe. It plays great on any PSP! That’s something we’ve had a lot of mail about.)

As all you PixelJunk fans are aware, music plays an important role in all of our games. For Shooter, we worked very closely with High Frequency Bandwidth and we really hope you enjoy the music as much as we do.

We’ve also added the ability to earn reward items in Home and have amped up our HOME PixelJunk area with a really cool new Shooter space. Be sure to check it out when it goes live next Thursday, December 17.

I might as well use this blog entry as an excuse to talk a little bit about the response PixelJunk Monsters Deluxe has been getting – it has been awesome! Metacritic currently ranks us in the top 10 of all-time best PSP games (at the time of writing), which is absolutely incredible for us! It seems most people are playing the game in offline 1p mode (which of course is engrossing to the extreme), but everyone should definitely try out the online play. It’s a lot of fun and there are lots of like-minded Monsters fans out there to “parlay” and boogie on down with. It’s also surprisingly fun to simply hang out in a one of the lobbies and watch the blow-by-blow tickertape commentaries of other people’s games.

Oh and I almost forgot the extra good news! To celebrate the launch of PixelJunk Shooter and the holidays, starting December 22nd, the PS Store will be offering a 3-in-1 combo deal of Racers, Monsters *and* Eden altogether for just 19.99! Even if you already own one of them it is a fantastic deal! As Deb Mars always says, we love spreading that PixelJunk love and here is a great reason to do so for your family and friends. Take the PixelJunk plunge and see what the fuss is all about!

And as always, send us comments!

+ Lerkero on December 9th, 2009 at 12:56 pm said:

I haven’t heard anything about Pixeljunk Shooter on PSP. What’s with that? There is a difference between PSP and PS3 owners. PSN downloads should be available for both.

+ CapinChronic on December 9th, 2009 at 1:05 pm said:

Im stoked for this… The game looks awesome!!

+ rmx687 on December 9th, 2009 at 1:17 pm said:

I just wanted to say congratulations and thanks for everyone at Q Games on/for the Pixel Junk series!!! It’s been a great group of games and I can’t wait to be playing the next one. This newest trailer was incredible and I hope you guys are proud of your work – you deserve to be. Thank God for developers like you still in the biz.

+ shadysaiyanz on December 9th, 2009 at 1:19 pm said:

Mind if i buy PixelJunk Shooter? i hope not :D

+ silverthehedgeh on December 9th, 2009 at 1:22 pm said:

is there a create your own level mode please reply

+ SPOOKULA209 on December 9th, 2009 at 1:23 pm said:

This is a must buy for me, although I still haven’t finished Trine, Braid or COD Classic. I have way too many PSN games but this looks to good to pass up.

+ Insomnia999 on December 9th, 2009 at 1:36 pm said:

3 for 1 should cost $9.99.

$19.99 is the cost of two. :/

Can’t wait to add Shooter to the collection!!!

Dylan Cuthbert's Avatar

+ Dylan Cuthbert on December 9th, 2009 at 7:17 pm said:

yup, it\’s 3 IN 1, as in 3 games in one bundle. 3 for 1 would be a little too liberal I think! (we need to fund PJ 1-5 :-)

+ Insomnia999 on December 9th, 2009 at 1:37 pm said:

Sony, any news on a new Ridge Racer?!

What about Quantum Theory? The new trailer looks excellent!

+ BizzyBox on December 9th, 2009 at 1:43 pm said:

This looks super fun!
But I was wondering, will multiplayer be over the interwebs, or will I need to ring my friends? And how many levels are there total in this game?

Thanks!

Dylan Cuthbert's Avatar

+ Dylan Cuthbert on December 9th, 2009 at 7:15 pm said:

Local co-op only – the game is too quick and fast to deal with internet lag! You\’d never be able to dodge the magma :)

+ crusher915 on December 9th, 2009 at 1:44 pm said:

is there a site that provides ratings for psn games only??

+ T3mpr1x on December 9th, 2009 at 1:52 pm said:

@DaveedT13, don’t know why you are using Internet Explorer 6…IE8 is horrible enough but 6 is just god-awful by comparison. Not surprised it works in Firefox, that browser takes the cake. I suggest switching to either Firefox or Google Chrome. For as much progress as Microsoft made with Windows 7, their internet browser is still sub-par to say the least.

+ T3mpr1x on December 9th, 2009 at 1:54 pm said:

Oh and on-topic: you have my $10 easily. I’ve bought all PixelJunk games thus far, so unfortunately I cannot benefit from that sweet bundle which basically amounts to a buy-2-get-1-free deal, but on the other hand I’ve had those awesome games the entire time! :)

Dylan Cuthbert's Avatar

+ Dylan Cuthbert on December 9th, 2009 at 7:14 pm said:

If you want to buy a present for your friends or family though who haven\’t experienced PixelJunk you should be able to purchase the bundle on amazon! (as well as Shooter)

+ mywhitenoise on December 9th, 2009 at 1:55 pm said:

@58, Quantum Theory looks like crap…and it’s a multiplatform title now.

Since I already bought Monsters and Eden, along with expansions, can I have Racers for free? haha.

+ Blkant on December 9th, 2009 at 2:07 pm said:

No online co-op makes me a very sad person…..

+ Ghost_Shrimp on December 9th, 2009 at 2:35 pm said:

Yes, can’t wait for the update tomorrow. Keep making these excellent pixeljunk games.

+ TwinDad on December 9th, 2009 at 2:43 pm said:

Will you be making the sound track for shooter available on PSN like you did for monsters and eden?

+ Curtisio on December 9th, 2009 at 3:03 pm said:

Will there be an editor so you can make you make your own levels?

+ bushisprez on December 9th, 2009 at 3:17 pm said:

Shooter looks amazing! I planned to buy one of them almost got PJ EDEN. Shooter looks like the most “Bang for your Buck” with Home functionality, trophies, online coop, and I believe remote play with the PSP. ALL FOR $10
yippee!!!!!

+ JumpMan33 on December 9th, 2009 at 3:33 pm said:

I’m having a real hard time choose between gravity crash and PJ:S

And I thought I was done buying games for the year :/

+ Kchow23 on December 9th, 2009 at 3:38 pm said:

Will this be also release on the Canadian PS Store? Don’t want to get my hopes up and realize this was US Release only.

+ SirTrigalot on December 9th, 2009 at 3:47 pm said:

awesome music. Is the soundtrack going to be available tomorrow as well

+ NDC89 on December 9th, 2009 at 3:51 pm said:

congrats on the 9.1 on IGN the review just made me want this even more

+ THE-D1RTY-77 on December 9th, 2009 at 3:52 pm said:

man thats a lot of inventive-ness with this game…pixel series has come along way and is that two player support i see?

i’m sold

+ TubaDude49 on December 9th, 2009 at 4:10 pm said:

Encores in the bundle?

+ Sekoku on December 9th, 2009 at 4:15 pm said:

Can’t blind buy. I require a demo for shooters.

Home reward items = Nice. I just wish Home would get off it’s butt and fix things to make Home worthwhile…

Meanwhile:

Monsters PS3 + PSP (Deluxe) bundle for $15, plz? Probably be losing some cash, but I’d totally buy (even though I said before I don’t like the upgrade mechanic of “dancing”) both if it was that much.

+ stlthriot on December 9th, 2009 at 5:03 pm said:

Looks amazing! And, great price! :D

+ looleeka on December 9th, 2009 at 5:11 pm said:

Mr. Cuthbert please convince Mr. Paterson to release the OST on PSN (preferably WAVs) or physical copy on vinyl. :)

Dylan Cuthbert's Avatar

+ Dylan Cuthbert on December 9th, 2009 at 7:12 pm said:

I think Alex and Dom are considering releasing on CD (and vinyl of course). Keep an eye on their homepage for more info! You can get a few tracks on I-Tunes already.

+ MadmanEU on December 9th, 2009 at 5:45 pm said:

10 bucks for a game you basically said “**** you” to the fans with? And one which will no doubt have an unacceptably difficult trophy list?

Yeah, you lost my PixelJunk support by saying “**** you” with Eden and your arrogance about it’s difficulty. Looks like you didn’t learn your lesson.

I hope this game fails. Maybe then you’ll pay attention to your fans.

+ Einhander138 on December 9th, 2009 at 5:46 pm said:

No disc, no sale.

+ Ausohoj on December 9th, 2009 at 5:49 pm said:

SWEET! Tommorow can’t come soon enough. One question, is it just local multiplayer or is there also online multiplayer?

+ liquidypoo on December 9th, 2009 at 5:50 pm said:

Hey guys, I know this isn’t exactly relevant to PJ Shooter, but I figure I should give you a heads up: your embedded Viddler reloads the video for me every time I mouse onto and back off of it. I actually have to leave my cursor somewhere in the flash window, or else it reloads the video. I’m using Firefox 3.5.5 on Ubuntu 9.10

+ LN_MEXWARRIOR on December 9th, 2009 at 5:51 pm said:

@ Dylan Cuthbert?

Is there custom soundtracks support?? Please let US now.

+ Zevious_Z on December 9th, 2009 at 7:05 pm said:

@ MadmanEU

…seriously dude, get a life.

@ Q Games – can’t wait to give you my tenner for PJ:S. I’ve probably gotten more bang for my buck out of PJ Monsters than any other game I’ve ever purchased. Shooter looks like all kinds of fun…

+ MadmanEU on December 9th, 2009 at 7:16 pm said:

@ Zevious_Z

Learn to play real games.

+ Zevious_Z on December 9th, 2009 at 7:18 pm said:

@ MadmanEU

ouch. I’m hurt… :(

+ lostinplainsight on December 9th, 2009 at 7:50 pm said:

is the movement momentum based like gravity crash?because if it is that’s a deal breaker for me I hate those running on ice controls

+ Keebzerz on December 9th, 2009 at 8:18 pm said:

Still the worst name for a game on PSN.

+ Rinaldus91 on December 9th, 2009 at 8:35 pm said:

Was going to ask if there were bosses in this game, but saw what looked like one in the trailer. That’s fantasmic news, I was probably going to wait until there was a video game dry spell, but bosses pushed this into a day one buy.

+ Rinaldus91 on December 9th, 2009 at 8:41 pm said:

@78/MadmanEU:
Really? I don’t usually respond to stupidity such as this, but you’re bashing a developer for making the trophies for their game challenging? Do you not enjoy the sense of accomplishment or are you just that horrible of a gamer? If your bashing a game like PixelJunk Eden for its difficulty, then you should burn down From Software to the ground for putting out Demon’s Souls.

Ignore the foolishness of this individual Q-Games, and continue adding to the PixelJunk series. Fingers crossed for a PixelJunk RPG!

+ Keeng on December 9th, 2009 at 9:23 pm said:

You guys are really F’n good at making video games. Just thought I’d share that.

+ Ricky_Sao on December 9th, 2009 at 9:45 pm said:

Can’t wait for this!! :D

+ MadmanEU on December 10th, 2009 at 12:12 am said:

@Rinaldus

There is quite a difference between challenge and just plain ol’ stupid difficulty. Many of Eden’s maps are not challenging, they are just poorly designed, and hence more difficult than they need to be. Not to mention the entire game’s MAIN GIMMICK is rendered compeltely useless on Garden 5 onward. The trophies reflect this. Not to mention some of the “challenges” you speak of, like letting 0 pollen ticks fall. Sorry, but thats just laziness on the developers part.

If they can’t genuinely find a way to make it challenging, they shouldn’t be doing what they’re doing. Suggesting I try to do moronic tasks that no one in their right mind would try otherwise as “challenge”, is not challenge. Its amateur-at-best game design. Q-games has not made a single game better than a B+, and Shooter will prove to be no exception.

The majority of people who play their games agree with me, not you Q fanboys. You simply don’t know what good gaming is because you apparently can’t get your heads past PJ’s mediochre titles.

+ Watchmann on December 10th, 2009 at 3:18 am said:

Very nice to see that it’s still possible to produce quality titles at the $10 price point.

Thanks Dylan and to everyone at Q games — Happy Holidays!

+ Silurus on December 10th, 2009 at 3:52 am said:

Going to get Shooter for sure why I get home on Sunday. Been looking forward to it since it was announced.

+ qwertyuiopasdfgh on December 10th, 2009 at 3:56 am said:

Please stop using video hosting sites that don’t work in the PS3 web browser. Use Youtube or Viddler, those work fine. Somebody please tell Jeff or Chris. An answer would be appreciated. Thanks.

+ Zevious_Z on December 10th, 2009 at 4:38 am said:

@ MadmanEU

lol, what “majority” agrees with you? Certainly not the majority that puts up scores on metacritic. Get over yourself…

+ Galley on December 10th, 2009 at 6:46 am said:

It kinda looks like Gravity Crash without the annoying gravity.

+ Nitz_x on December 10th, 2009 at 7:03 am said:

That sale is unfortunately useless for me. you know why? Because I already own _all three_ games.

Keep up the brilliant work.

Also, Racers is especially under-appreciated; it’s simply chaos playing with seven people at once.

+ Reverend_M on December 10th, 2009 at 9:22 am said:

Wow . . . Okay I wanted Shooter from the first time I heard about it. Now, that video just makes me NEED it! Lol

But, It’ll have to wait :( I’ve neither time nor money to get it yet :(