No Man's Sky

God of War III Status Update

Jeff Rubenstein's Avatar + Posted by Jeff Rubenstein on Dec 10, 2009 // Sr. Social Media Manager

On Tuesday, SCEA and a number of our publishing partners (2K, Capcom, EA, SEGA, and Square-Enix) filled a SoHo art gallery with many of the best games you’ll be playing in early 2010. Before things kicked off, Sony Santa Monica Studios’ Director of Development John Hight showed me a brand new scene from God of War III. We’ll be sharing a detailed look at that scene next month, but I thought you might want an update from the team on how the game is coming along.

We’ll be sharing more from our Q1 event soon, so keep an eye out!

PAGE 1 2 3

+ Silent_Gig on December 10th, 2009 at 4:03 pm said:

MAN I WANT THIS GAME SO BAD RIGHT NOW

+ Nader-Abudiix on December 10th, 2009 at 4:05 pm said:

GOW Series is so awesome i just got the collection i cant stop playing them i even platinumed both…. & please Jeff reply to my post atleast once in your life hahah XD

+ Tazox94 on December 10th, 2009 at 4:05 pm said:

Awesome!!!!! Can’t wait til it’s out. Day 1 for me

+ silver425 on December 10th, 2009 at 4:07 pm said:

Nice!!!!!!!! Cant wait till march

+ Jon_Mclane on December 10th, 2009 at 4:08 pm said:

wish I could watch this but the video doesn’t work on the ps3 browser, let those developers know I’m enraged Jeff. CAPS LOCK!!!!

Jeff Rubenstein's Avatar

+ Jeff Rubenstein on December 10th, 2009 at 10:45 pm said:

We are quite aware, and this will be addressed. Sorry for the inconvenience.

+ Ghettocarpenter on December 10th, 2009 at 4:11 pm said:

Im going on my 14 run on the demo! The graphics are uncharted 2 like.

+ DVD_Sandwich on December 10th, 2009 at 4:12 pm said:

You’d think they’d make PS.Blog able to work in the PS3 web browser. They should hire Mozilla to make a replacement browser.

+ Demonized on December 10th, 2009 at 4:13 pm said:

I seriously can’t wait for GOW3 man, it’s gonna be so epic

+ jbb421 on December 10th, 2009 at 4:14 pm said:

Looks so great i dont think i can wait for the next few months

+ aranben1 on December 10th, 2009 at 4:16 pm said:

Is God of War 3 still being set for March? I have a strange feeling it’s going to be delayed.

Jeff Rubenstein's Avatar

+ Jeff Rubenstein on December 10th, 2009 at 10:48 pm said:

Yup, still set for March.
    This is why your feeling is strange.

+ headwing45 on December 10th, 2009 at 4:16 pm said:

What a tease… Ohh well, I’ll just have to wait.

I hope march 2010 isn’t too late in march like march 31, might as well say april.

+ FreekisGollum on December 10th, 2009 at 4:30 pm said:

i doubt it will be delayed. they’re already finished and are polishing it.

+ Gringo234 on December 10th, 2009 at 4:32 pm said:

Trying to keep people away from Dante’s Inferno or something, SONY?

Anyway I can’t wait for GOW3, but I’ll be honest here the Dante’s Inferno demo felt so much better than the GOW3 demo. I’ll still be getting both but if they both came out in the same day and I had to choose only one, I’ll have to go with Dante’s Inferno since it left a better impression on me.

A little of topic: Please for the love of gamers don’t release Heavy Rain in April.

+ Sakimori_X on December 10th, 2009 at 4:35 pm said:

Wait, did you just make a blog post with a video where you tell us that YOU saw new video of GOW 3 and are not going to let us see it for a few more weeks?

Jeff Rubenstein = BIGGEST … TEASE … EVAR!!

+ Sponge-worthy on December 10th, 2009 at 4:35 pm said:

Nice job Jeff. I especially appreciate how you pressed him a bit on the ‘look’ of the final product versus the demo, as the demo does exhibit a bit of technical ugliness in places (frame rate, wonky AI camera)–which become rather noticeable after having spent considerable time playing the buttery smoothness of the Collection.

+ DZORMAGEN on December 10th, 2009 at 4:36 pm said:

I am loving the GOW Collection, and I can not wait till March 2010 for this game to come out! 2010 is already looking like an awesome year again for SONY!

+ RevengerAD on December 10th, 2009 at 4:38 pm said:

Nice interview as always,and nice jacket,Jeff!

Jeff Rubenstein's Avatar

+ Jeff Rubenstein on December 10th, 2009 at 10:50 pm said:

+ Nirone226 on December 10th, 2009 at 4:39 pm said:

i cant wait for g.o.w. 3
i already have it paid for and i have to do is pick it up.thats saying something sony.i think this is one of the few games i have total confidence in the product.i just hope it is a lot longer than the last 2.

off subject
just played dantes inferno demo.its god of war lite.

+ r_s_saini on December 10th, 2009 at 4:39 pm said:

how much better can the graphics get!!!??!???!?!?

Jeff Rubenstein's Avatar

+ Jeff Rubenstein on December 10th, 2009 at 10:51 pm said:

You\’ll see.

+ Darth-Krayt on December 10th, 2009 at 4:42 pm said:

Oh My GOD!! this is such BS I can’t watch this video on the PS3 browser. When are you guys going to fix this?! Just go back to the old video format for the love of the gaming gods!!

@Gringo
I don’t know how you can say the Dante’s Inferno demo felt so much better than the GoW3 demo. They in fact feel very similar, but GoW3’s gameplay feels a bit more polished. Dante feels more like a clone. But it certainly plays well. Alot better than Bayonetta. But not as good as God of War. EA deffinitely did a good job of cloning God of War though. It plays just like it. They did a great job with the visuals too. Again, not QUITE as polished as GoW3, but very close. Much better looking than either DMC or Bayonetta.

+ CrimsonFox13 on December 10th, 2009 at 4:44 pm said:

Significantly better looking than the demo? Wow.

+ BigBoss712 on December 10th, 2009 at 4:45 pm said:

aww no new footage, thanks for the status update Jeff.

+ YungShep on December 10th, 2009 at 4:46 pm said:

the graphics really do blow everything else out the water right now. Uncharted 2 and Killzone 2 are the closet games i can say look as good as god of war 3 {remembers helios head rip}

Sony Santa Monica, 1 wish.
my b-day is March 18th can yall please target for a March 18th release…i will greatly appreciate it!

+ YungShep on December 10th, 2009 at 4:49 pm said:

i have to say, i played Dante’s Inferno demo today….

i think it does alot of different things, but the comparison with game play elements that replicate god of war III is too obvious. if Dante’s Inferno came out around halloween this year or maybe months after god of war III i would probably get it. but ill pass.

IN THE END, THERE WILL ONLY B CHAOS!-KRATOS SAID THAT, LOL

+ hush404 on December 10th, 2009 at 4:50 pm said:

So… the status update is “Yep… we’re still working on it” ? … … …

+ D-Squad3 on December 10th, 2009 at 4:52 pm said:

January? :( Nothing for VGA?

+ Skv007 on December 10th, 2009 at 4:53 pm said:

hey jeff
nice job on the interview.
Couldn’t help but notice how excited you sounded about what they showed there.
Making me wonder alot man.. It looks like something REALLY amazing.
Can’t wait till Jan. I’ll be waiting for PSblog to be one of the firs to spill for their fans!

Glad to hear that this beauty can only get better.
Just got the demo 2 days ago.. and i have only been playing the demo for 2 days now -.-
Clan mates getting mad on Killzone 2 n Resistance 2 lol And missing out on leveling my Recon class on BC2 beta.. but GoW3 is worth every second!

Kodus.. can’t wait till Jan.

+ Jeigh on December 10th, 2009 at 4:53 pm said:

Oooh, la-dee-da. Look at us with our fancy art gallery in SooHooo. Pardon me Pater, I’m off to play the grand piano. XD

Just messin’ with ya. I think it’s safe to say that this game is going to be the best title of ALL TIME!! (ha, well maybe not, but it’s going to kick ass anyway.) I don’t think it even needs saying, but in March 2010, at game retailers across the country, There Will Be Only Chaos! XD

+ remanutd5 on December 10th, 2009 at 5:00 pm said:

such a tease , why you guys didnt tell us where you were gonna be showcasing games ? man i wanted to attend , oh well next time i guess , Jeff i hope we get the latest news on God of War 3 on january 1st , no later than that lol , i cant wait

+ YungShep on December 10th, 2009 at 5:00 pm said:

@ 28 its not a stretch to say it could be the best.

but with everything else that we know about, and everything that we really dont know about. hold of all bets until 2010 is complete.

+ EyeAmmMcLovin on December 10th, 2009 at 5:02 pm said:

I want this game so freaking badly!!!! Maybe Dante’s Inferno will make the wait a little more bearable. That demo was pretty cool. Def. not as good as the God of War demo (idk what that guy was thinking when he said that lol) Can’t believe the graphics are gonna look even better when it finaly comes out. March can’t come soon enough!!!

+ Korbei83 on December 10th, 2009 at 5:10 pm said:

Oh you damn tease. I wanted some new footage!

+ lunchbox206 on December 10th, 2009 at 5:15 pm said:

you teasing bustards, oh well time to play god of war collection

+ Cpt_Ramz on December 10th, 2009 at 5:23 pm said:

Yeah, I may be at 30 play throughs or more of the demo by the time GOW3 comes out.

+ terrorblade018 on December 10th, 2009 at 5:27 pm said:

So cool. I hate myself. I made a wrong decision. I bought my PS3 in Walmart, which includes Batman Dark Asylum and inFamous. I should have bought it in Gamespot. It has God of War Collection. I already played them in PS2, and still I am regretting.

Jeff Rubenstein's Avatar

+ Jeff Rubenstein on December 10th, 2009 at 10:56 pm said:

inFamous and Batman are both awesome, awesome games. There was no wrong choice there!

+ ADR143 on December 10th, 2009 at 5:38 pm said:

man i want this now! soo much tease!

+ GAM3R_16 on December 10th, 2009 at 5:50 pm said:

ok, now I really want to know

+ jaz350z on December 10th, 2009 at 5:50 pm said:

I’d buy that banner behind you =)
you think I’m joking…
I’m not.
lol

Jeff Rubenstein's Avatar

+ Jeff Rubenstein on December 10th, 2009 at 10:54 pm said:

We had it made especially for this event. Maybe we can raffle it off on the blog down the line. Good call, jaz350z!

+ Dwayne_AKA_OE on December 10th, 2009 at 6:02 pm said:

I am so excited about this game i am actually getting Nervous !!!!!

+ YungShep on December 10th, 2009 at 6:03 pm said:

im on my 39th play through….

i wonder, is there a log of how many hours are put into this demo, i know developers do this for betas, but has there been a log of hours put into this game?

+ spunnups on December 10th, 2009 at 6:06 pm said:

can’t wait for some new footage.

+ zombie_56 on December 10th, 2009 at 6:14 pm said:

i have bought gow collection and i have to say i thought i never would play another ps2 game before but now im on my 5th playthrough of gow2

+ Heisem on December 10th, 2009 at 6:16 pm said:

already preordered the ultimate collection on day one! love this game!!

+ Atomika14 on December 10th, 2009 at 6:21 pm said:

I already preordered the Pandora’s Box Special Edition a few months ago… I can’t wait.

+ BD_Mr_Bubbles on December 10th, 2009 at 6:31 pm said:

Can’t wait.

+ King_Chile on December 10th, 2009 at 6:45 pm said:

I know it’s been said plenty but Playstation Blog videos not working on a Playstation 3 is *insert synonym for fail here*
That being said, I can’t wait for God of War 3. Pandora’s Box FTW!

+ Chrysus on December 10th, 2009 at 6:54 pm said:

No new footage since June, please don’t keep us waiting ’till January for the next one :(

+ angelspawn77 on December 10th, 2009 at 7:08 pm said:

what do u mean till next month!? i want to see now! crap, i want this game so bad

+ ixnine on December 10th, 2009 at 7:15 pm said:

Thanks Jeff for the update. I can’t wait to play! Already got my Ultimate Edition reserved.

+ ixnine on December 10th, 2009 at 7:16 pm said:

Thanks for the update Jeff. I can’t wait to play! Already got my Ultimate Edition reserved.

PAGE 1 2 3