Far Cry 4

SOCOM: Confrontation Patch 1.60 Available Now for Download

Mark Rogers's Avatar + Posted by Mark Rogers on Dec 10, 2009 // Senior Producer, SCEA

We have some great news for SOCOM: Confrontation fans. We’re excited to announce that the 1.60 patch is now available for download. Patch 1.60 contains a massive amount of new content and features entirely free to all players.

SOCOM 1.6 screenshot 1

New Special Forces – The Dutch KCT and Italian COMSUBIN Special Forces teams are featured in this update. Each Force is provided with two new heads, a new voice and light, medium and heavy variants of their own torsos and legs (each with a unique camouflage pattern).

New Weapons – Two new primary weapons will be immediately accessible to players who select to play as the new Special Forces. The Dutch KCT will have access to the 417 assault rifle, while the Italian COMSUBIN Special Forces will receive the SPAS 15 shotgun. Additionally, four new weapons will be made available to players regardless of assigned Special Force. New weapons include the 9mm Sub Machine Gun, M82A1A, AK-74 and SR-25.

Weapon Updates
– A number of weapon updates and adjustments to existing weapons have been included in the patch. Below is an overview of the updates and adjustments that have been made:

• M87ELR is given .50 cal rounds to balance it against the Mercenaries’ M82A1A.
  • Shotguns are balanced to do less damage at long range but more damage at close range.
  • Grenade launchers and rocket launchers have less delay in between shots.
  • Front End weapons values are updated to reflect the new Cold Front DLC Pack weapons.

In addition to the new characters and weapons, the team has also added 100% Random Medleys to the patch update.

SOCOM 1.6 screenshot 2

We also have some big news on the SOCOM Confrontation ‘Cold Front’ DLC Pack. To begin with, we now have an official release date: December 17th on the PlayStation Network. We want to make sure that you’re able to spend the holiday break playing ‘Cold Front’. In addition, the special $9.99 pricing will now be available from launch through Sunday, December 20.

92 Comments

PAGE 1 2

+ FULLxTIMExHITMAN on December 10th, 2009 at 10:02 am said:

finally!!!!

+ spunnups on December 10th, 2009 at 10:06 am said:

It only took a year or so! Oh well, free content is always welcome. See you addicts online! Add me , Spunnups

+ bLiNdSiDe82 on December 10th, 2009 at 10:07 am said:

Cool… Depending on how well it’s recieved , I may pick this up

+ DeCloaK_ on December 10th, 2009 at 10:08 am said:

Awesome…I can finally put MW2 down…

+ SPOPS on December 10th, 2009 at 10:09 am said:

Sorry, but I don’t remember the last time I actually booted up the game.

+ spunnups on December 10th, 2009 at 10:12 am said:

Wait, it’s $10? Cmon! All the crap you guys pit your fans through.

+ CL_KANOS on December 10th, 2009 at 10:12 am said:

LOL

+ vFireFoXX on December 10th, 2009 at 10:13 am said:

Sweet! SOCOM is always a great game to go back to every once in a while.

+ DANO69 on December 10th, 2009 at 10:17 am said:

I don’t care…When is a REAL SOCOM comming out made by compitent developers ?

That’s all I want to know about this series.

+ Tyrannousdotnet on December 10th, 2009 at 10:17 am said:

Haha like i would pay 10$ for more dissapointment, this game was Unplayable the first 3 months it was out, granted the game came with a headset, making the retail value of the game about 15-20$. this game was great once 1.4 patch was released, but too little too late. At least give us an offline shooting range to mess around in while all the server issues are being worked out…

+ Ruffday on December 10th, 2009 at 10:19 am said:

Free!!!! Getting it now, thanx.

+ Alienange on December 10th, 2009 at 10:20 am said:

Sounds good. Thanks. But I’ll skip the dlc.

+ GGCAN on December 10th, 2009 at 10:21 am said:

Thanks Mark…appreciated.

+ Ruffday on December 10th, 2009 at 10:22 am said:

Free!!!! Getting it now. Thanx!!!!! Very much appreciated!!!!!!!

+ poisonedsodapop on December 10th, 2009 at 10:24 am said:

I’m still waiting for some female models. Which probably means I’ll never play this lol. Should be standard in third person in my opinion.

+ YungShep on December 10th, 2009 at 10:25 am said:

i think its time to revisit Confrontation once again! thanks ill d/l again

+ Yoinazek on December 10th, 2009 at 10:33 am said:

Finally 100% Random Medleys!! That’s been promised for a while. And I’ve seen it before on the updates list but not implemented… Too bad my PS3 doesn’t work anymore =(

+ jerk_man on December 10th, 2009 at 10:36 am said:

coooool

+ MiChAeL6 on December 10th, 2009 at 10:40 am said:

So far no complaints, BRING ON THE DLC BABY

+ angelcoma on December 10th, 2009 at 10:48 am said:

Might get this with the headset.

+ poodude on December 10th, 2009 at 10:55 am said:

I haven’t played this in a while, maybe I’ll play some more over the holidays. Looks good Slant 6, I hope you guys get a second chance at another PS3 game, and hopefully a second chance from all those upset SOCOM fans.

+ ShaperOfForm on December 10th, 2009 at 10:56 am said:

This game needs to be marketed again. After the 1.5 patch, this game is up to par with past socoms.
People need to be playing this instead of supporting Robert Kotick.

+ nYcFrEeWiLL82 on December 10th, 2009 at 11:00 am said:

ABOUT TYME! AND JUST IN TYME FOR THE HOLIDAY VACATION! THINGS ARE GETTIN BETTER FOR SOCOM..HOPE THE NEX SOCOM GAME HAS ALOT LESS PROBLEMS THAN THIS ONE,VIECHELES AND CO-OP CAMPAIGN.PLEASE!!IM SURE ALL US SOCOM FANS MISS IT. ANYWHO THANKS SLANT6 FOR MAKING UP FOR YOUR MANY MISTAKES-TOOK A WHILE BUT I GUESS ITS BETTER LATE THAN NEVA. I FELL IN LOVE WITH THIS GAME FIST TIME I LAYED EYES ON IT :P AND I STILL LOVE IT.CANT WAIT TO GET COLDFRONT!

+ Ruffday on December 10th, 2009 at 11:03 am said:

Oh yeh. Thanx for dropping the price on the DLc, and thanx for the hard work put into the patch. We know the work ain’t easy. $ 60 wasn’t easy to let go either. Once again thanx, and the game plays good. Hoorah

+ AKbluntfire on December 10th, 2009 at 11:06 am said:

When you say 100% random medleys does that go for quick match as well? As in are the quick matches now 100% random?

+ AKbluntfire on December 10th, 2009 at 11:08 am said:

When you say medleys are now 100% random does that go for quick match as well? As in are the quick matches now 1005 random?

+ Hitman-Merc on December 10th, 2009 at 11:24 am said:

the game still sucks thanks guys dee da dee… maybe you should work harder do less drugs stop the bull on the ps3 games socom!!! fireteam bravo is for retards like slant 6 developers!!!

+ jerk_man on December 10th, 2009 at 11:26 am said:

you can only use the specialization forces if you get the coldfront DLC?

+ Nick-30 on December 10th, 2009 at 11:29 am said:

@ Jeff, Chris (How come you guys never answer me. Do you hate Canadians? :)

Eh, Do you know when the Canadian Fortune Hunter Edition Winners are going to be announced.

Thanks.

+ PSN_Tokeio on December 10th, 2009 at 11:34 am said:

This game still has a pulse?

+ VanilaGorila-x- on December 10th, 2009 at 11:40 am said:

Thanks for the update. I can’t wait to play Blizzard in HD.

Peace,
VG

+ Alex_Assassin_08 on December 10th, 2009 at 11:42 am said:

Who the hell is gonna buy the DLC

+ Alex_Assassin_08 on December 10th, 2009 at 11:45 am said:

Seriously guys, I LOVE Socom.

This is my first one, and despite everyone whining, after 1.04, it was an epic game, and I finally bought it.

The party system and [DELETED] graphics aside, this is a very very very addictive game, and I love it.

But…paid DLC? Come on guys, you PROMISED us all free DLC,…or am I making that up? I swear we were promised free snow maps months ago…at lease 1.06 is here.

But seriously guys, who the hell is gonna pay for DLC for this game? It’s ridiculous. No-one is gonna buy this.

It better be free eventually…

+ nYcFrEeWiLL82 on December 10th, 2009 at 11:48 am said:

A TRUE SOCOM FAN!! WILL BUY THIS DLC..WHY? BECAUSE WE CAN DEAL WITH THE BS..AND FORGIVE AND FORGET! ITS SOCOM TYME TONITE! :P

+ KazeEternal on December 10th, 2009 at 11:53 am said:

@JEFF RUBENSTIEN & ERIC LEMPEL

WTF GUYS YOU BROKE THE PS2 UPSCALER!!! Everything is a pixelated nightmare even the PS3’s menu and proper smooth isn’t working. I just updated to 3.15 and was not having any issues before 3.10 (didn’t play a PS2 game under 3.10). It looks probably as bad as pre Firmware 1.80 ><

@Mark Rogers
Sorry for placing this here, but this seemed to be the quickest way to get a response.

+ twooh on December 10th, 2009 at 12:00 pm said:

/six can have my copy back. I never play this garbage game anyways.

To bad it’s a digital download. Learned my lesson on buying a DL game like this too. Never again /6, never again.

+ DANO69 on December 10th, 2009 at 12:04 pm said:

” WE JUST WANT TO BE RID OF THIS GAME “….E-NUFF SAID

+ LUGIEZ on December 10th, 2009 at 12:06 pm said:

ooooo 100% random medley’s nice!! and everything else is sweet too. icing on this cake.. and too @35: you could have purchased the disc based version of the game also? would it be any different? I have the disc and enjoy the game still.. but hey that’s just me.

+ MaGeeK-mAn on December 10th, 2009 at 12:07 pm said:

My heart just skipped three beats! :)

+ LUGIEZ on December 10th, 2009 at 12:09 pm said:

@34…sounds like a personal problem. mine is fine!

+ twooh on December 10th, 2009 at 12:18 pm said:

@37. Figured the DL version would be better so I didn’t have to hassle with loading the disc. Then I realized the game was garbage. If I would’ve bought the disc version, I could’ve traded it in or broke it for spite.

+ FredNation on December 10th, 2009 at 12:21 pm said:

But wasn’t this suppose to be free or is it a different map your making that’s for free?

+ RuthlessEd on December 10th, 2009 at 12:22 pm said:

$9.99 is the special price?

Then you’re going to jack it up even higher?

A ship of fools…

+ LUGIEZ on December 10th, 2009 at 12:25 pm said:

new menus oooooo

+ LN_MEXWARRIOR on December 10th, 2009 at 12:28 pm said:

You killed Socom for many people… Too late!

Other great games are here or are coming so no thank you!

+ RuthlessEd on December 10th, 2009 at 12:37 pm said:

Just got a new slim, and it gives me headaches even considering putting my dust-covered copy of SOCOM into the machine…especially knowing that I’ll be downloading patches well into the night.

+ ne4ious on December 10th, 2009 at 12:44 pm said:

for $9.99, meh, it’d be nice if it were $4.99 on launch day in PSN, then $9.99 for 18th and 19th. many people would be happy IMO.

+ Nynja on December 10th, 2009 at 12:55 pm said:

It probably has the high price because the user base is so small. It’s the only way they’ll make any money off it.

+ LUGIEZ on December 10th, 2009 at 12:57 pm said:

twoo.. yeah be safe and get a disc copy. I played warhawk from psn version and it was fine though also.

+ Tezasaurus on December 10th, 2009 at 1:15 pm said:

Too late. You guys seriously dropped the ball, soiled a respected franchise, and have no right to be charging for anything.

PAGE 1 2