PS4 - The Last of Us Remastered

LittleBigPlanet – Sack it to Me: “The Sackies” Edition

Mark Valledor's Avatar + Posted by Mark Valledor on Dec 11, 2009 // Marketing Manager, SCEA

LBP banner

Greetings Sackfolk!

Welcome to this week’s Sack it to Me, featuring tons of new announcements and some goodies from the week that was.

What’s New?

LittleBigPlanet Sackies

After a full year of user-generated content, we’re pleased to announce the first annual Sackies, our version of the Sackademy Awards. :) The Sackie is the chief award given by the Sackademy of LittleBigPlanet Arts, as decided by a panel of judges from Media Molecule, Sony Computer Entertainment and you, the community. Head on over to LittleBigPlanet.com for more details, but over the next few weeks, we’ll be awarding several categories, starting with:

“Best Visuals and use of Special Effects in a Level”

The nominees are:

• The Good, the Bad and the Sackboy series by Wexfordian
  • The Movies by Teebonesey
  • Pixelation 1.0 by JackIsBack999
  • Future Warzone II Trailer by Johnee
  • Post–Apocalyptic by Anpostteller
  • LittleDeadSpace by Darknessbear
  • Cause and Effect series by TripleTremelo
  • Star Cruiser by CandyK
  • The Miracle of Life by Poms

And the Winner is…

• Post–Apocalyptic by Anpostteller!

Sackboy on the Net

LittleBadRomance – shout out to Brian Moreno for his digital homage to one of his favorite songs on the radio. Great stuff, Brian!

New LittleBigCake/Cupcakes! YUM!

LittleBigPlanet Word Image

Sackboy in the News

– Congrats to Media Molecule/SCE on winning another BAFTA award!

LittleBigPlanet (PSP) makes CNN’s list of “Hot video games for holiday shopping.”

For the Weekend…

– LittleBigLand community Crown Competition #2
– LBPmedia’s Advent Calendar
– Be sure to download your free Santa DLC before it goes away for the year!

Oh, and get your bathing suits ready…

PAGE 1 2

+ darthlego on December 11th, 2009 at 3:08 pm said:

Water is coming soon! If you compare trophies, you can already see the water ones. They are going to be Pirates of the Carribean themed.

+ DZORMAGEN on December 11th, 2009 at 3:09 pm said:

Haha I got my bathing soon on right now!! Waiting for you guys to announce Disney and Water before year ends!!!

+ BigBoss712 on December 11th, 2009 at 3:09 pm said:

Can’t wait for the new level pack. ;)

+ Sunnyok on December 11th, 2009 at 3:09 pm said:

Cool!
When would water come?
I know it will come with Pirates of the Caribbean pack

+ doglover2399 on December 11th, 2009 at 3:13 pm said:

I can’t wait for water!!!!

+ Kchow23 on December 11th, 2009 at 3:15 pm said:

Love the Assassins Creed 2 costume!

+ Kchow23 on December 11th, 2009 at 3:16 pm said:

Hope there will be many more DLCs like the MGS one… makes the game that much more fun

+ roseofmayix on December 11th, 2009 at 3:18 pm said:

I hope the water DLC is ready before Xmas! Would realyl give me something to look foreward to!

Pirates of the Carribean + water = you know its going to be fun! :D

+ GLiTcH2 on December 11th, 2009 at 3:19 pm said:

YAY Water/Pirates DLC FTW!!!!

+ TwinDad on December 11th, 2009 at 3:32 pm said:

Water, yea.

Plushies? Should I just give up ever getting more content that isn’t user generated? Aside from the token $2 costumes that is.

Mark Valledor's Avatar

+ Mark Valledor on December 12th, 2009 at 4:12 am said:

Definitely don\’t give up (for both)

+ Jose345o on December 11th, 2009 at 3:35 pm said:

As much as I hate Disney, Hooray for water level pack!!

+ Vex_Doppel on December 11th, 2009 at 3:36 pm said:

Yes, a SONY rep said it was coming out before X-mas. Not official date but expect it before then.

+ SackBoy98 on December 11th, 2009 at 3:38 pm said:

yahoo! water is finally coming soon !

+ DarknessBear on December 11th, 2009 at 3:47 pm said:

Hey, thanks for the nomination! =) I’m honored. *claps for winner/snarls*

+ Ausohoj on December 11th, 2009 at 3:49 pm said:

So it is coming soon…

+ Floyz on December 11th, 2009 at 4:01 pm said:

I’m really excited about water, just snuck a peak at the trophies. 5 levels plus a challenge just like the metal gear solid pack!

+ Carl-G on December 11th, 2009 at 4:15 pm said:

I LOVE LBP;)

+ wolfzero1 on December 11th, 2009 at 4:34 pm said:

the water update & Pirates of the Caribbean DLC sounds like fun, guess I need to add some funds to my wallet so I can get the DLC, I hope maybe some more like this are coming

+ Ouren on December 11th, 2009 at 5:06 pm said:

Hey Mark and or Media Molecule…

I bought the MGS4 Level pack 3 months ago, and they still ‘fail to load level’. I’ve tried everything, deleting my game data, everything.

I can’t reach anyone at MM or Sony. Please get back to me if you can! I really want to play the MGS4 levels, and unlock the materials and everything.

Please hit me back.
-Wolfgang

Mark Valledor's Avatar

+ Mark Valledor on December 12th, 2009 at 4:13 am said:

hmmm…I\’ll ask our PD teams

+ B-Ri on December 11th, 2009 at 5:07 pm said:

Hey Mark,

Its Brian Moreno! Thanks so much for featuring LittleBadRomance, I am so happy you guys saw it, and I’m glad you guys enjoyed it!

Mark Valledor's Avatar

+ Mark Valledor on December 12th, 2009 at 4:10 am said:

No prob. Appreciate the effort you put in to the video.

+ R1LEY62 on December 11th, 2009 at 5:13 pm said:

please say if there is any psp dlc coming! or did i just buy lbp psp for nothing?

Mark Valledor's Avatar

+ Mark Valledor on December 12th, 2009 at 4:09 am said:

Yes, coming in 2010!

Mark Valledor's Avatar

+ Mark Valledor on December 12th, 2009 at 4:09 am said:

Yes, coming in 2010!

+ sethchilders on December 11th, 2009 at 5:35 pm said:

Yeah! The water pack is almost here! I hope they have it in time for Christmas.

+ Curtisio on December 11th, 2009 at 5:42 pm said:

I never met true love until LBP!

+ playnation on December 11th, 2009 at 5:47 pm said:

Hey MM
i just finished a Camelot project for school using LBP!!
My teacher loved it and alot of my classmates who surprisingly didn’t know about LBP did to
Check it out its called “Camelot”
respond plzz! :]

Mark Valledor's Avatar

+ Mark Valledor on December 12th, 2009 at 4:14 am said:

If you make a video we can feature it on a future Sack it to me…

+ Khazar21 on December 11th, 2009 at 6:10 pm said:

WHEN-FINALFANTASY-COSTUMES.

+ nYcFrEeWiLL82 on December 11th, 2009 at 6:11 pm said:

LBP is REALLY FUN GAME.it brings back super mario memories.but with WAY better graphics! THANKS SONY! cant wait to see the water update..that should be sweet.:p i was hoping Mm would make more level packs like the METAL GEAR one but guess theres enuff player created ones u can enjoy instead.:/ well hopefully the update is out b4 xmas..cuz thats would be a great gift for many to njoy during the holiday vacation :p

+ Ti_dus on December 11th, 2009 at 6:19 pm said:

WE WANT WATER / PIRATES DLC PACK!!! :D

+ nYcFrEeWiLL82 on December 11th, 2009 at 6:29 pm said:

and by the way ive played better levels than that apocalypse one..but watever..its always power to the players..like gamestop saids..lol

Mark Valledor's Avatar

+ Mark Valledor on December 12th, 2009 at 4:23 am said:

Post-Apocolyptic won the first of many Sackies. This award was for is for \”Best visuals and use of special effects in a level\”, stay tuned for more in other categories.

+ jipmg on December 11th, 2009 at 6:35 pm said:

Ra Ra U la la want your bad romance! I want your ugly I want your disease! I want your everything as long as its free.. I want your love!!! LOVE LOVE LOVE, I want your love… I WANT YOUR LOVE AND I WANT YOUR REVENGE, YOU AND ME COULD WRITE A BAD ROMANCE!!

I love that song!

lol

+ bmg91 on December 11th, 2009 at 6:53 pm said:

tht vid was awesome

+ Linklex7 on December 11th, 2009 at 7:08 pm said:

Well over a year, and LBP can still find a way to keep me interested in it.

+ LittleBigPodcast on December 11th, 2009 at 7:12 pm said:

How about a “Podcast” category! We have an empty shelf! lol…Anyway, that’s SO cool that anpostteller won! When we first found his level, it only had about 300 plays! It needed to be fshowcased like this! PS: I heard he’s working on a sequel…shhh…you didn’t hear that from us though, ok! =)

+ LILBUDDY2000 on December 11th, 2009 at 7:16 pm said:

Well I just checked out some levels from Anpostteller and they are absolutely brilliant! What a great game.

+ Manifest37 on December 11th, 2009 at 7:25 pm said:

Post–Apocalyptic?

All I have to say is, “Hero of Legend vs. The XBox Troll.”

+ Prem-aka-Prince on December 11th, 2009 at 11:18 pm said:

MENCLAVE!!

+ UnholierThanThou on December 12th, 2009 at 12:14 am said:

Ummm… So WHY exactly do we have to PAY for an upgrade that really should have been in the game to begin with? I mean, we’ve been begging for water for HOW long now, only to find out we’re going to have to shell out (likely a minimum of) $5 for some Disney-branded crap-o-rama just to get it??? WTF, MM?!? PLEASE sell us some level packs that aren’t user-generated and GIVE US WATER FOR FREE! Make us pay for a pack of creation tools that are water-related separately, that’s fine, but we should be GIVEN water for being so patient. We’re thirsty and now Disney gets to financially benefit from that thirst. Not cool, fellows, not cool at all…

+ Kenshin71 on December 12th, 2009 at 3:52 am said:

“Because picking a winner from these sets of nominees was so hard, each nominee for each category will automatically be awarded with a Crown for making it that far, and the winner of each award will be immortalised in LittleBigPlanet history as the winner of a Sackie, get a pat on the back, and if they are really lucky, a good-night kiss on the forehead and a cup of warm milk.”

At least create a special section for the nominees and winners in-game showcasing their work. I really don’t understand why SCE and MM are reluctant to promote outstanding community levels, aside from a few blog posts. What is the point in putting in all that effort to create something great if it is going to get swamped by Trophy levels after 2 days?

A Crown seems a pretty weak reward. For such a great game the community support has been atrocious. If there were a section devoted to top community levels for the week people would come back again and again.

+ zombie_56 on December 12th, 2009 at 7:28 am said:

vga’s tonight can’t fin sleep hopefully lbp 2is annonced

+ sithlordcody on December 12th, 2009 at 8:42 am said:

will there be anymore assains creed costumes or levels and is there going to be uncarted 2 costumes like on lbp gotem and they look awesome but i want them on ps3 please reply

+ jordan199311 on December 12th, 2009 at 9:55 am said:

so i take it water’s coming out this thursday? I saw thew trophies by comparing with sum1 else and they look very easy. But who said that was a bad thing? =P

+ Einhander138 on December 12th, 2009 at 11:25 am said:

Is there a category for best use of censorship in this games?

Cause there have been quite a few instances.

+ Fahdi on December 12th, 2009 at 1:14 pm said:

Just an inquiry for one of the MM staff:

My PS3 was bought in NA since I was living in Canada, but I moved to the UK and bought LBP there since it was region free. My PSN store is the Canadian one and I want to purchase the DLC. Is the DLC region free as well? Will the MGS pack and the new water pack work with the UK LBP?

Thanks.

+ leoking_online on December 12th, 2009 at 1:15 pm said:

i hope thay add the water dlc soon, maye taht will make me play LBP like whn i first got it

+ mcjoshua on December 12th, 2009 at 1:33 pm said:

When are we getting the marvel & sonic costumes for LBP?

+ Rhez on December 12th, 2009 at 2:34 pm said:

I want a Sackie! boy do i need to get back to LBP and get to work. Anywho loved the Ezio costume. I laughed so hard at the little cardboard hidden blades. That’s what I love about Sackboy and LBP its a huge world of “Let’s Pretend”.

+ D0ughb0y211 on December 12th, 2009 at 4:57 pm said:

is it possible to build underwater caves? plz respond and great game

+ yayday on December 12th, 2009 at 5:26 pm said:

what is dlc? please reply

+ lilcharmz1 on December 12th, 2009 at 6:24 pm said:

Wow thats cool

+ the_lone_wolf_42 on December 12th, 2009 at 10:16 pm said:

OMFG did you have to sign up for this!? My Ultimate Effects level would’ve been perfect for this compitition!! *sob*

+ the_lone_wolf_42 on December 12th, 2009 at 10:18 pm said:

Oh and yayday..dlc stands for downloadable content. in other words-game add-ons.

PAGE 1 2