Far Cry 4

Topatoi: The Pillar of Skies – A New Upcoming Episode in the Topatoi Saga on PSN

Natalia Gorbanskaya's Avatar + Posted by Natalia Gorbanskaya on Dec 11, 2009 // PR Manager, Boolat Games

Hi guys!

First of all, we are happy to inform you that we have taken your comments into consideration and now, the Topatoi demo is available on the PlayStation Store. But it’s just the first bit of news :-)

We’re finally glad to announce Topatoi: The Pillar of Skies, the second episode of the Topatoi saga!

The world of Topatoi: The Pillar of Skies is absolutely different and a little bit darker in tone from what we’ve experienced in the first episode, The Great Tree Story. Check out the screenshots, with all those cliffs and machinery. Episode 2 delivers a completely new environment, new enemies and an extended gameplay experience.

Topatoi: The Pillar of Skies screenshot 1 Topatoi: The Pillar of Skies screenshot 2

As we promised you in our previous post, Topatoi: The Pillar of Skies is actually longer than Topatoi: The Great Tree Story. Our estimates are about 10-plus hours of gameplay in the Arcade Mode that many of you loved in the first episode. Yes, this episode also has 10 bonus levels for Arcade Mode, which can be played alone or with a friend in the cooperative mode!

Topatoi: The Pillar of Skies screenshot 3 Topatoi: The Pillar of Skies screenshot 4

We’re planning to release the add-on early next year, possibly January or February. Follow our news and you’ll see more details about the new world. You’ll see how fascinating the gameplay is in this dynamic world of working machinery. You’ll see one of the main twists: in the dark caves of The Pillar of Skies, light is one of the main gameplay elements. And we really hope you will like how it all looks and works.

So stay tuned for updates!

24 Comments

+ TailsTheCat on December 11th, 2009 at 9:10 am said:

This game was poorly executed; controls, combat.
The framerate isnt nearly high enough.

+ TailsTheCat on December 11th, 2009 at 9:12 am said:

It shouldnt be ‘finally glad’ to announce…it should read, ‘…glad to finally announce…’

You can pay me ten thousand dollars less per year than these fools and Ill write properly.

+ polo155 on December 11th, 2009 at 9:13 am said:

game looks cool, im browsing from the PS3 and i cannot believe sony hasnt gotten this unsupported error on the official Blog from the Original PS3… humm. i will check the game out in home theatre when avail.

+ toology01 on December 11th, 2009 at 9:17 am said:

@ TallsTheCat

Get a life man. Nobody wants to hire someone living in his parents basement who’s angry at the world. See, other people can be jerks too.

+ nYcFrEeWiLL82 on December 11th, 2009 at 9:19 am said:

ok..2 useless comments before mines..All i want to say is that this game is FUN..might not have the best controls or combat or story but its still FUN if u get into it.and for the price i paid thats what i xpected it to be. I really appreciated the arcade levels and the free add-on.so keep up the good work!u have my support! :p

+ nYcFrEeWiLL82 on December 11th, 2009 at 9:24 am said:

sorry iment #’s 1 & 2..:p…3 & 4..get a thumbs up!

+ plaztiksyke on December 11th, 2009 at 9:30 am said:

I really want to like this game, but between the distracting aliasing artifacts, low quality textures really close to the camera, and poor audio quality, I’ll wait for a patch and try the demo again.

Lots of 3D games dedicate an SPU to FSAA these days, I dunno why tapatoi doesn’t employ that trick.

+ adolson on December 11th, 2009 at 9:32 am said:

@TailsTheCat

Do you know what this is?

It’s an apostrophe. Learn how to use it before you criticize someone whose first language is Russian.

+ Tyrsis on December 11th, 2009 at 9:46 am said:

I’m not sure why people waste their time posting on a blog, criticizing the writers grammar.

Anyways, it’s nice to see the game is still being worked on.

+ tenshin78 on December 11th, 2009 at 9:54 am said:

@TailsTheCat lol
If you want to get hired that is NOT the way to do it!

On subject, Im downloading the demo as I write, my wife got an interest in this game and we looove to play multiplayers in our PS3 (not all games has to be online).
If the demo turns good and this game seems to be expanding itself, Im just hopping that the price for the expansions to be on the fair side, then it will become a purchase on my side, extra points for the free updated content.

+ mprunty on December 11th, 2009 at 10:26 am said:

I rather enjoyed the first installment. I look forward to the next release early 2010.

+ imabigplayer on December 11th, 2009 at 10:50 am said:

Wating new thing for 2010!!!!

+ pasufarin on December 11th, 2009 at 11:10 am said:

I enjoyed the first part, The Great Tree Story, with its original concept and interesting take on puzzles. I appreciated the free add-on, too!

I look forward to part two. The designs shown in the video and screen shots are quite intriguing. I’m pleased to hear the next installment will be longer than part one, too.

Will we start off with all the abilities that the GEMMA had at the end of the first part?

+ yourdog23 on December 11th, 2009 at 1:12 pm said:

Yay! The first one was a lot of fun, and definitely worth the $10 asking price. I expect this to be a day one purchase for me.

+ JumpMan33 on December 11th, 2009 at 2:22 pm said:

the game looks pretty good for a downloadable title.

lol @ the 2d version at end of the video.

+ UnholierThanThou on December 12th, 2009 at 12:00 am said:

Yeah, so… I just played the demo… I REALLY wanted to think that ol’ TailsTheCat was just a jerk, but I’m kinda feelin’ him now. I’m VERY glad I didn’t blindly drop the cash on this game. In my humble opinion, there’s a BIG difference between a game having a learning curve or just being downright annoying as hell. This on is the latter of the two. I mean, seriously… THIS is what the kids in Russia are playing these days? Guess I shouldn’t expect much from a country that’s constantly 15-20 years behind the entire rest of the world in pop culture. Looks like the same can be said for their games. This isn’t retro gameplay, this is just irritating. Definite NO BUY. Thanks for the demo, now I know what I’m not missing.

+ UnholierThanThou on December 12th, 2009 at 12:04 am said:

Wow, I really sound like a big, fat a-hole there, huh? Oh well. I stand by it. Game wasn’t fun and Russia has always been behind the times. Bring on the personal attacks.

+ midnightshade on December 12th, 2009 at 6:52 am said:

Wow… did tails the cat just comment in an alt account and complement himself… notice the posts 1 and 2 have the same icon as post 16 and 17 and have the same view and he compliments him… Dude must of came back and seen the crap people were giving him from being a jerk and tried to back himself up..wow just wow.lol /faceplam

Anyway. I haven’t tried the demo yet, but will soon.

+ itachi-1235 on December 12th, 2009 at 7:30 am said:

dear plastation is there a way that you can offer the naruto shippuden game as a demo and a full game. because i want it realy badly and i am hopeing i can get it for christmas. pleas reply! thanks.

+ Einhander138 on December 12th, 2009 at 11:23 am said:

I’d be quite happy to buy this if it were on a disc.

No disc = no sale.

+ UnholierThanThou on December 12th, 2009 at 10:30 pm said:

@midnightshade LOL!!! No, I’m not Tails. Good eye, though! I didn’t even notice we had the same avatar! I thought I was the only one on the PSN using the pinecone… Anyway, Play the demo, dude. I REALLY hate to agree with that guy (especially considering some of his other comments I’ve seen), but he’s right. The game really isn’t great. Sorry if I came across as a turd, though! Take care! :)

+ Frostquake on December 13th, 2009 at 4:39 am said:

The Demo was sooooo extremely frustrating that there is NOOOOoooo way I would buy this game!! This is a MAJOR PASS…You could put this up for .99 Cents US and I still wouldn’t buy it…Sorry :(

+ UnholierThanThou on December 13th, 2009 at 11:16 pm said:

@frostquake ^my sentiments EXACTLY!^ The more I think about my experience with this game, the more I wonder who actually enjoyed it and, more importantly, WHY??? Broken gameplay like this has no place on the PSN. Shovelware belongs on the *other* (read: inferior) systems.

+ Elvick_ on December 16th, 2009 at 7:49 am said:

I tried the demo out and found the controls to be a bit wonky. Especially when you have to jump to the first platform that raises up, since right before it is that dumb floating fence thing.