PS4-Watch_Dogs

Are You the Ultimate God of War Fan?

Ken Chan's Avatar + Posted by Ken Chan on Dec 15, 2009 // Product Manager, SCEA

Want to be forever immortalized within God of War III Ultimate Edition? How about getting a copy of God of War III Ultimate Edition signed exclusively by the development team?

If so, here’s your chance to prove your worth by creating your own video telling us why you think you’re the Ultimate God of War fan. Remember, be creative! At the end of the contest, the development team will select the top 20 submissions to be included within the ending credits of God of War: Unearthing the Legend – a full-length movie documentary depicting the history of the God of War franchise. All the selected winners will also receive a copy of God of War III Ultimate Edition signed by the development team.

God of War III Ultimate Edition

Check out some examples of what fans have done in the past (even the God of War development team gets into the act). Remember, you don’t have to dress up like Kratos to win. We’re just looking for the most unique and creative video our fans can come up with for the Ultimate Fan Contest.

So if you think you’re truly worthy of this challenge, simply fill out an online submission form and upload a short video telling us why you deserve to be forever immortalized in the God of War III Ultimate Edition.

PAGE 1 2

+ Kchow23 on December 15th, 2009 at 5:20 pm said:

Awesome stuff, are Canadians eligible to participate in this contest also?

+ maruchan27six on December 15th, 2009 at 5:27 pm said:

I wonder what kind of short video the real Kratos would have taken.

+ NuMb3r_Uno on December 15th, 2009 at 5:28 pm said:

Forget the game,i want the mask!!

+ FetusZero on December 15th, 2009 at 5:29 pm said:

@1 (Kchow23): Nope.. I just red the official rules on the submission form and as usual it’s only open to the U.S., unfortunately.

I’ve already pre-order my Ultimate Collection the day it was announced, but a second free copy to give to a friend would of been cool. Can’t enter though :/ Canadians and Europeans need more contest like this too.

+ KSPRAYDAD on December 15th, 2009 at 5:31 pm said:

Maybe I’ll recreate some of the ‘hidden’ parts of GoW I and II?

+ Kchow23 on December 15th, 2009 at 5:38 pm said:

Any chance that there will be a contest for Canadians? (i.e Uncharted 2: Limited Edition) also I’ve not seen where I can pre-order the Limited Edition version of GOW3 in Canada retailers… they only have the standard.

+ TheGuardianFID on December 15th, 2009 at 5:38 pm said:

Too late Ken, it’s already reserved at Gamestop, I can’t wait to open Pandora’s Box, MUAHA MUAHA MUAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!! :p :D

Ken Chan's Avatar

+ Ken Chan on December 15th, 2009 at 5:45 pm said:

hahahaha… nice! But now u have a chance to be IN it & get a free copy signed by the team =)

+ Kchow23 on December 15th, 2009 at 5:38 pm said:

@4
Thanks for the answer, and yea it’s unfortunate :(

+ NDC89 on December 15th, 2009 at 5:39 pm said:

i just picked up the GoW collection and the code for the GoW3 demo doesnt work :( I HAVE to win this contest now to make up for it.

Ken Chan's Avatar

+ Ken Chan on December 15th, 2009 at 5:46 pm said:

No reason why the demo shouldn\’t work. Try again or contact our Customer Service line. They can help you out.

As for the contest, chances of winning is high since we\’re planning to include 20 videos for the ending credits of Unearthing the Legend

+ ADR143 on December 15th, 2009 at 5:39 pm said:

hmm i might do this

+ Cpt_Ramz on December 15th, 2009 at 5:45 pm said:

Even if Canadians cant enter im still sending a vid. GOW3-GOTY-2010

+ Cpt_Ramz on December 15th, 2009 at 5:48 pm said:

@#6
I pre ordered at Rogers Video, in Toronto but if your in any major city they should have a Rogers video.

+ Skv007 on December 15th, 2009 at 5:50 pm said:

rawr..
*hides*
there are scary people out there.

+ Insomniac1206 on December 15th, 2009 at 5:52 pm said:

@9

I was having the same problem. Try all lowercase letters. It worked for me. Either that or they just fixed it.

+ asm101 on December 15th, 2009 at 5:55 pm said:

@5

i hope your talking about the hot tub one

+ etur0 on December 15th, 2009 at 5:57 pm said:

I would do but I suck at creating stuff have no camera and if I do with my luck I wont win

+ Berae on December 15th, 2009 at 5:58 pm said:

This is nice! That would be awesome if the winners are at the end of the credits in God of war 3. Or something you can unlock or i dont know lol

+ QCVic on December 15th, 2009 at 6:03 pm said:

Sweet I’m making a video tomorrow!! Ken are you on the forums?

Ken Chan's Avatar

+ Ken Chan on December 15th, 2009 at 6:08 pm said:

Yes I am. Look for GamerMB and Chanana2 through the GOW.com forums

+ etur0 on December 15th, 2009 at 6:03 pm said:

and I’m not going to spend the extra $40 for it since all that I want and care about is the game and since I don’t pre-order I guess I have to wait to play the demo when it get release either early from quore or when it get release on psn (don’t have the GOW collection but I’m going to get it just not right now)

+ BlooodyCow on December 15th, 2009 at 6:06 pm said:

too bad I am not too creative :(

Ken Chan's Avatar

+ Ken Chan on December 15th, 2009 at 6:14 pm said:

Don\’t really need to be.. it could be as simple as you telling us why you think you\’re a God of War fan, or how much you liked the story / characters from the previous installments. It\’s completely open

+ DeviantBoi on December 15th, 2009 at 6:13 pm said:

How much does it weight?

People who want to ship this out of the US and get charged by the pound would like to know. :)

+ yanksfan216 on December 15th, 2009 at 6:13 pm said:

Nice. Now if only you can get the GOD OF WAR COLLECTION to STOP FREEZING…

Anyone? Is anyone at Sony listening? Please? Make it stop freezing with a patch or something.

It’s unplayable.

+ MadmanEU on December 15th, 2009 at 6:13 pm said:

Of course this is only open to the US…why would we expect Sony to do anything right for once with respect to Canada?

Screw you Sony.

+ DZORMAGEN on December 15th, 2009 at 6:35 pm said:

OK when I click the video it asked for my age. You have to be 18 to enter, I posted a comment see #12, and it says “Your comment is awaiting moderation.” We SHOULD be all ADULTS on this specific post, and the last word I said should not be moderated cause WE SHOULD BE OVER THE AGE of 18 right? I understand I said a bad word, but it was taken out of context….

+ hush404 on December 15th, 2009 at 6:44 pm said:

ACK. You should have to place IN BOLD LETTERING who is eligible to enter the contest. It’s just ****ing evil to read the whole article and later learn (after having to go though the full rules page) that as a Canadian, I get a nice foot sent straight for my nether region.

Apparently only Americans can be GoW fans.

-_-

+ remanutd5 on December 15th, 2009 at 7:00 pm said:

ok i have never done something like this before but since i have my copy of MGS4 signed by the mastermind behind th game , Kratos does deserve the same treatment from me , i think i will give it a try , dont know what im going to say yet but i’ll try to do my best , lets see if my God of War posters , ps2 games , ps3 collection , UMD and DD psp copies give me some sort of confidence that i might win , i’ll try thats for sure , In The End There Will Be Only Chaos !!!! good luck everyone

+ Kamahl_rg on December 15th, 2009 at 7:05 pm said:

nice, but im not from the US :(

+ guyaneseromeo on December 15th, 2009 at 7:10 pm said:

Why isn’t the contest open to Canadians?
Is this a North America Blog…..

+ THE-D1RTY-77 on December 15th, 2009 at 7:18 pm said:

God of War…it only does destruction

+ THE-D1RTY-77 on December 15th, 2009 at 7:20 pm said:

Kratos…he only destroys everything

+ Zezzler on December 15th, 2009 at 7:21 pm said:

Will this be available in stores?
Is the box art final (cuz i really don’t like the close up face stuff)?
And is the contest available for Canadians?

Lokks pretty sweet!

+ Destiny89 on December 15th, 2009 at 7:25 pm said:

Wait.. so the one i pre-ordered from EBgames will not be signed by the team? :(

+ Bullet-Clip-Six on December 15th, 2009 at 7:33 pm said:

That voice in the video. Is that the dude from the playstation underground CD Magazine released on ps1? If so then thats badass.

Ken Chan's Avatar

+ Ken Chan on December 15th, 2009 at 7:36 pm said:

LOL… good catch. You are right! It\’s the same voice actor from the PS Underground CD Magazine

+ maxyboy13 on December 15th, 2009 at 7:52 pm said:

When will you guys end up announcing the winners? Just in case I don’t win, I’d like to know ahead of time so that I can still prerder it.

Thanks in advance.

Ken Chan's Avatar

+ Ken Chan on December 15th, 2009 at 8:39 pm said:

We are going to announce the winners on 03/01/10

+ maxyboy13 on December 15th, 2009 at 7:56 pm said:

@Myself

Gah. Why must I always misspell a word!

+ lSINGHl on December 15th, 2009 at 8:02 pm said:

I bought the God of Wawr Collection and my code isn’t working. It says code is not vaild please check code. I feel like i’m ggetting scammed. I emailed Sony didn’t get a reply back.

+ lSINGHl on December 15th, 2009 at 8:04 pm said:

I bought the God of war collection and my god of war 3 demo code does not work. It says code is not vaild please check code. I emailed sony didn’t get a reply back. Am i getting scammed.

+ lSINGHl on December 15th, 2009 at 8:05 pm said:

Sorry for double post.

+ NITROWOLF_2 on December 15th, 2009 at 8:14 pm said:

Okay is there any other examples then the video provided here? An how far can we go with this? Like wat if i ripped someone heart out? lol
no but is there any other examples?
AND ALSO PEOPLE WHO ARE HAVING ISSUE WITH THE CODES I RECOMMEND THAT U CHECK IT IF YOU HAVE AN 8 It MIGHT BE THE LETTER B, try to swap some that look like it could be another like o could be 0(zero) i had the same issue its just that wen i scratched the code there are these black line that curve all over it and makes it hard to make out what is what. like i had an 8 but since there was this black curve it was really a 6 its strange.

+ WindedHero on December 15th, 2009 at 8:16 pm said:

Already pre-ordered it :)

+ NITROWOLF_2 on December 15th, 2009 at 8:17 pm said:

also is that really going to be the box art cover? cause i don’t think man like it that much, i thought it would show all of kratos like the other ones do

+ LumarQQ on December 15th, 2009 at 8:20 pm said:

Wow I was planning to unleash a whole world of creativity on this project….. but then I read the rules and Canadians can’t win :(

Oh well =D

+ Jeigh on December 15th, 2009 at 8:34 pm said:

You know what my favorite part about this game is thus far? There was interview awhile back (I forget with who) where the team was asked straight out how long the game would be and if it would be a linear or open gamestyle, and the response was flat-out “it’ll be the same as the others.” No shame, no hiding, and no B.S.- this title is SO ****ing AMAZING that the interviews can be completely shameless in their straightforwardness and refusal to cater to lowly pop-culture demands. I don’t know of a single other game that could pull that off. Kratos is a freaking rockstar in the gaming realm. And, if I may add, he’s looking DAMN good (in a platonic sense- even if I were like that, I’d keep my distance =P).

+ Jeeves_Tremor on December 15th, 2009 at 8:50 pm said:

*Looks at rules*

Oh. Bye then.

+ x3x1x on December 15th, 2009 at 9:17 pm said:

Guess I better get my creative juices flowing, as well as gather all of my GOW paraphernalia.

+ D-Squad3 on December 15th, 2009 at 9:18 pm said:

Can you guys fix the God of War forums?

Ken Chan's Avatar

+ Ken Chan on December 15th, 2009 at 9:21 pm said:

What\’s the issue you\’re running into?

+ Kchow23 on December 15th, 2009 at 10:34 pm said:

Could these contests have a (U.S Only) beside the title? disappointing to hear that there’s a contest for your favorite game and then you notice that Canada is left out once again

+ muzzar69 on December 15th, 2009 at 11:00 pm said:

how about releasing both this and the GOW collection here in Australia?
yes thats right, we like to play ps3 games too.
we also love competitions ;)

+ phinnv8 on December 15th, 2009 at 11:10 pm said:

SONY PLEASE FIX THE PSN ACCOUNT EXPIRATION PROBLEM. When you goto friends list, portable ID, etc it says the account has expired and makes you relogin. PLEASE FIX IT. It’s been this way for over week.

+ hfwplaya08 on December 15th, 2009 at 11:22 pm said: