PS4-The Order

SOCOM Confrontation Cold Front DLC Available Tomorrow

Mark Rogers's Avatar + Posted by Mark Rogers on Dec 16, 2009 // Senior Producer, SCEA

We’ve got some great news for all you SOCOM fans! We’re excited to announce that the Cold Front expansion pack for SOCOM: U.S. Navy SEALs Confrontation will be available tomorrow for download in North America on the PlayStation Network. Cold Front is loaded with a number of new features and content.

Check out what’s included in the new download pack below:

• New Russian / Eastern European Area of Operation
  • Snow setting complete with snow effects
  • New snow gear and camo for both the Special Forces and Mercenaries
  • Thermal vision
  • New ARMS RUN gameplay mode
  • 5 New Maps: Uprising, Entrapment, Blizzard, Night Stalker, Vigilance
  • All new mercenaries characters with new looks and new VO.
  • New Special Forces squad, the Russian Spetsnaz
  • Gun turrets emplacements
  • New music
  • All new character specialization/progression system allows players to pick a primary and secondary specialization and unlock new equipment exclusive to those specializations
  • New weapons, including: 3 new weapons, 6 enhanced versions of weapons available as part of the new weapons specialization system, 2 new weapon attachments (including the thermal scope), 5 enhanced versions of weapon attachments also available as part of the new weapons specialization system.
  • 2 new grenade launcher ammo types (flash and smoke)
  • New Trophies

For a limited time, the Cold Front pack will be available for only $9.99. Be sure and download the pack from the PlayStation Store this weekend to lock in the low introductory price. After Sunday, December 20 the price will move to $14.99.

239 Comments

PAGE 1 2 3 5

+ ExPresident on December 16th, 2009 at 5:10 pm said:

To bad this game was ruined from the start. I’ll keep posting this on every Socom post I see because both /6 and Sony deserve it. You wronged the players.

+ dotCody on December 16th, 2009 at 5:14 pm said:

…whoa! Slant Six is still in business?! What!?

+ LumarQQ on December 16th, 2009 at 5:16 pm said:

What he said.

+ nYcFrEeWiLL82 on December 16th, 2009 at 5:21 pm said:

IM GETTIN THIS 1ST DAY! WHY becuz i LOVE SOCOM..yeah it started off bad..and yeah it couldve bin better..with a campaign and co-op campaign..and tanks and trucks and boats and maybe even planes! but i guess thats the NEXT SOCOM :p…what im trying to say is..its only the BEGINING! and im sticking with them till the END! :p COLDFRONT HERE I COME!

+ bbonds_007 on December 16th, 2009 at 5:22 pm said:

Yea screw you Socom, your days are numbered. Special Ops: The Line is gona be what Socom was suppose to be on next gen.

+ KILLZONE79 on December 16th, 2009 at 5:22 pm said:

even though i downloaded and installed the 1.60 update, im not going to purchase this DLC hell no. you guys at slant six really screwed up socom confrontation big time. socom was still owned by zipper. zipper does a way better job than you guys at slant six.

+ Erniejpan on December 16th, 2009 at 5:23 pm said:

Wow the maps are cool, and looks fun.

+ finishpropcg on December 16th, 2009 at 5:23 pm said:

@#3 Do you work 4 SLANT6?

SOCOM PS3 blows goats. And i own it.

+ Jack-Bauer-89 on December 16th, 2009 at 5:23 pm said:

@1 and any other moaners:

If you don’t like the game don’t play the game!
Iv played lots of games i don’t like but i don’t go mouthing off on the internet because i think people care about my thoughts, because lets face it, no one cares about your comments so why don’t you **** off and go play something else instead of trying to be the big guy because you bought a game you don’t like.

I bet the only reason you don’t like Socom is because you suck at it.

Merry Christmas.

End of rant.

+ finishpropcg on December 16th, 2009 at 5:24 pm said:

@#3 Do you work at Slant6?

Socom PS3 blows, and i know this cuz i own it.

+ WU-Tang4Ever on December 16th, 2009 at 5:25 pm said:

You know, they dropped the ball on the game when it first came out but the game has improved significantly since then. You can continue to bash the game but it will get you nowhere. I think /6 and Soy realized their mistake but that was a year ago. The fact that they continue to support and improve on the game is saying something. Continuing to tell someone how horrible they did a year ago doesn’t really do anything. They’ve probably learned to not pull something like that again.

From a gameplay standpoint, the game only had a rough first week when it came out. After that you could surely play the game unless you wanted trophies that bad.

+ Devil240Z on December 16th, 2009 at 5:26 pm said:

I can’t wait. I <3 Socom. Best shooter out there. Don't listen to the haters.

+ bbonds_007 on December 16th, 2009 at 5:26 pm said:

#8

No one cares :P

+ MadeInScotland on December 16th, 2009 at 5:26 pm said:

@#8

no, actually

+ Devil240Z on December 16th, 2009 at 5:27 pm said:

<3 Socom!

+ rawrMonkey on December 16th, 2009 at 5:27 pm said:

Not playing SOCOM until this is free.
Can’t wait for MAG, a game made by a REAL company.

+ D_I_S_C_I_P_L_E on December 16th, 2009 at 5:27 pm said:

hey mark rogers get ur head out of ur a$$ this crap is a year to late, and socom has the worst lag i have ever seen, maybe fix the servers??

+ REZ-BONEZ on December 16th, 2009 at 5:30 pm said:

humm sr too say but after the patch came out you guys really mess it up and you guys dint even make the game better i been playign socom sence the first one and now i feel like just trowing mine in teh garbege because its no use playign anymore its not the same

+ SPOPS on December 16th, 2009 at 5:31 pm said:

Sorry but I will not be purchasing this. Slant Six has ruined this franchise for me. I have been a SOCOM gamer since the first game came out. But the way Slant Six has treated us with this game was horrible.

+ D_I_S_C_I_P_L_E on December 16th, 2009 at 5:31 pm said:

ROFL look at the first video he trys to get on the turret to show us and he cant, cuase he keeps get the primmary weapon pickup, LOL maybe something u should try to fix??

+ bbonds_007 on December 16th, 2009 at 5:33 pm said:

@18

lol I saw that, the game doesnt even work in their “montages” to show off to get people to buy it lmao.

+ oleh1138 on December 16th, 2009 at 5:34 pm said:

will this work for the PSN version of the game?

+ Pathard on December 16th, 2009 at 5:34 pm said:

Wow people, really.. hop off. I played Confrontation at a friends house and enjoyed it. Sadly, I really suck at shooters on the console.. so it’s not really a game for me. If I were better at them I’d buy it.

But yeah, hop off. If you don’t like the game.. that’s cool. Other people actually do though.

+ commedieu on December 16th, 2009 at 5:36 pm said:

Just wanted to chime in…I am not supporting this. Slant6′s production & silence has been completely lacking. Absolutely no customer service for some of your most loyal customers.Sony bragged about Socom being the highest played game on PSN, Yet /6 can’t get their act together and support this game the way it should have been from launch. You sold an alpha.

As #18 said, you can still see the game is buggy. Which is pathetic considering you’re trying to sell it for 10 dollars, let alone 14 after the limited time.

I love my PS3, and its a great product. But Slant6 is a terrible developer, and shame on Sony for not offering anything to the consumers that purchased this title.

+ BurntOrange32 on December 16th, 2009 at 5:41 pm said:

I played SOCOM at launch, and once the buggy servers were fixed it was a good game. The problem is… there shouldn’t be so many bugs. Then, when I tried to play it a few weeks ago, I had tons and tons of patches to install.

Maybe I’ll try playing again… sometime. $15 is a lot for DLC.

+ D_I_S_C_I_P_L_E on December 16th, 2009 at 5:42 pm said:

dont get my wrong i love socom and i would prolly still play this once in awhile, 1.6 they said they fixed the crash’s in game, socom would freeze/crash once a month prior to 1.6, now i cant even get 2 maps in a it freeze’s my game has crashed about 100 times sense the release of 1.6, and i have tried everything, and no word from /6 to address this, and im not the only one, just look at the socom forums

+ twooh on December 16th, 2009 at 5:43 pm said:

- – -

-Put it on sale for a very short time. That way tons will buy it before feedback gets out that this sucks as bad as the regular game.

+ TOY_BOXX on December 16th, 2009 at 5:43 pm said:

Kids, c’mon really, no one cares if your protesting against this DLC pack. People who enjoy the game will pick it up regardless of your trolling on message boards such as this – which is pathetic might I add. If anything get upset at your parents for not listening to you. That is the reason why your on the internet crying like children right – no love?

+ Jack-Bauer-89 on December 16th, 2009 at 5:51 pm said:

@26

Well said!

+ Sereal_Killer on December 16th, 2009 at 5:52 pm said:

i am prolly gona buy this.

i still prefer this game to MW or battlefield or even mag for the simple fact that its a more strategic game because it doesnt have respawb=n as its standard mode.

but i still would have prefered for zipper to have done it cause i hate the constant silence from /6 more than the game bugs and lag

+ ihenton on December 16th, 2009 at 5:55 pm said:

LOL fellas. I was also a die hard SOCOM fan, until this game droped. I think I sold it on ebay within a month. But now that I have to wait 6 weeks til MAG releases (damn that MAG beta was off the chain) I may acctually give these guys a try, although i was disappointed not to see any vehicles in the trailor. Im only giving them a try because Modern Warfare 2 online gameplay sucks. lol

+ nYcFrEeWiLL82 on December 16th, 2009 at 6:01 pm said:

@7 ..NO ..i dont work or them..slant6 did a horrible job in the beginning..i do admit…but they fixed their mistakes..its just like SOCOM 1..it wasn’t perfected till 2..then it was MASTERED at COMBINED ASSAULT..IMO..so it does take time..u just gotta have patients.im a HUGE 3rd person fan and SOCOM is the ONLY GAME i can depend on for some 3rd person TACTICAL COMBAT.So again i say..COLDFRONT HERE I COME :p

+ tetsou9shima on December 16th, 2009 at 6:05 pm said:

too little …..too late. I can’t seem to get the bad taste out of my mouth from this game.

+ sindiewen on December 16th, 2009 at 6:05 pm said:

Why release DLC for suck a broken game? Well, WHY DO WE NEED TO PAY FOR IT?
This game blows hard. Its a broken atempt to make a shooter.

Now. /6, learn to make a not broken game.

I wish Zipper didnt leave SOCOM. Oh well, Mag is going to be amazing (acording to the 1 game i played in the beta on the last night of it)

+ Buddy175 on December 16th, 2009 at 6:06 pm said:

is it just me or does the dlc sond like they are trying to make it just like modern warfare 2 and fail? ive played socom confrontion and its terrible. sony u should have supported MW2 and maybe u could have gotten a special edition console like microsoft did.

+ KILLZONE79 on December 16th, 2009 at 6:15 pm said:

Oh yeah i almost forgot to add this,

you guys at SlantSix screwed up 1.60 update. mines been freezing randomly with that new update.

so, thanks slant six for another broken update that didnt fix anything for freezing issue. GOD DAMMIT slant six you piss me off.

I might as well just throw socom confrontation in the trash. but if guys get this game 100% fixed with no issues whats so ever i’ll consider get that DLC but until then im not going to play this still broken game until its 100% fixed!

+ SPOPS on December 16th, 2009 at 6:22 pm said:

@18 ya I noticed that as well and started to laugh….. I will not be buying this

+ xCid on December 16th, 2009 at 6:22 pm said:

Zipper shouldn’t of let this franchise leave thier studio. It’s a bleeping tragedy.

+ Thrill_Kill on December 16th, 2009 at 6:30 pm said:

Blizzard!! I am stoked, still this should have been in the game from day 1, I mean seriously…Blizzard…are ya kiddin’? Sign me up!

Also new VO’s and new music is a plus!

Bout time guys!

+ GreyFoXX4 on December 16th, 2009 at 6:32 pm said:

Whiners move along. This is SC not S1 or S2. And if you think S1 or S2 didn’t have its issues you are crazy. Remember ghost players killing people, remember guys glitching into the walls and killing people. Heck knowing how to defend against glitchers in those games was part of the gameplay.

So quit with Zipper this and Zipper that, hog wash. Their games were so exploited it was crazy.

And to those complaining about lag lol, go back to playing your lag feast that is MW2 and shutup, there is 100 times more lag in that game than there ever was in SC. Heck I couldn’t even join with my friends on MW2 yesterday, once AGAIN. But what do you know we played the rest of the day with no issues on Socome confrontation.

So short story of it is I’ve played SC since its release with only 7 maps and have enjoyed and loved every minute of it. So ColdFront here I come, heck the game is almost a whole new game again for only $10 or $15 bucks :)

+ GreyFoXX4 on December 16th, 2009 at 6:39 pm said:

Oh yea literally like 4 of yall reposting bad stuff lol. Move along haters, or better yet fire up Socom now or turn back around cause you know you just turned away from the game for a moment to post your hate lol.

Long live Socom Nation!!

+ John_Merrick on December 16th, 2009 at 6:48 pm said:

Is this going to be released in the UK at same time?

+ TOY_BOXX on December 16th, 2009 at 6:50 pm said:

RE: #38

I also remember those days of Socom 2 where lag caused the phantom players, and where, in Socom 3, late joiners were able to score kills by shooting through the tanks due to the texture mapping not loading properly.

These kids, who are griping about this DLC pack, haven’t played a Socom game in they’re lives. They have no idea what they’re talking about. It’s stupid to complain over something that is completely unaffective – protesting to get people not make the purchase. Sure Confrontation has had it’s up’s and down’s, but what /6 has done that Zipper never did throughout the franchise, was providing updates. And to deny this is plain dumb.

+ D_I_S_C_I_P_L_E on December 16th, 2009 at 7:01 pm said:

@41 try making updates for a 8mb memory stick. nuff said and also i have played socom since socom 1 the first day it came out, and i still “TRY” to play SC but cant with all the crash’s after 1.6 and if u dont believe my check me name out on socom.com

+ DEADEYEZ on December 16th, 2009 at 7:04 pm said:

/6 you killed Socom. All this title represents from the series is the words on the front of the box…. What happened to DLC every 3 months? One year later we get DLC… I’m buying it but I am damn well never supporting your company again.

+ the-frag-artist on December 16th, 2009 at 7:05 pm said:

@41, ok, your a moron.

#1 zipper did update past socoms, it was just a massive problem to do it on ps2, big difference when you have to sign in to socom rather than psn. zipper also release maps through OPM magazine, first of its kind, it paved the way moron.

#2 people know exactly what they are talking about, the game took a year to run smoothly, A YEAR, over a year if you count both betas. let me guess, your a straight scrub, you like the sprint feature, you like the knife feature, the armor, the grenade physics, etc, you like everything about the game that was never apart of the series until SCEA bought out zipper and hired the worst of the worst /6. you know nothing, you proved it with your post.

99.5% of people who bought this game, not only will not buy the DLC, but have already probly quit the game, and not because of MW2, it actually happend about a year ago when they realized the game is trash, there is no hope, and /6 is the definition of a horrible compnay, and since they are in Canada, the better business buereau cant help us

+ zKAPOWz on December 16th, 2009 at 7:06 pm said:

notice how every post they make about SOCOM there are NO red posts. they dont post in here cause they know they’ll get torn a new [DELETED]. this DLC could’ve been a chance to apologize for all the [DELETED] we’ve had to endure and could’ve been given out for free. but know, instead they decide to act like they have some balls and make it $15 [DELETED] dollars. where the hell do you get off slant 6? anyone who buys this is a fool. idc if you actually like the game or not, cause if you buy it, all you’re telling them is, “hey, it’s ok to bend me over, make a [DELETED] game released in early beta stage and i’ll still buy it AND the $15 DLC you release a year+ later.”
[DELETED] you slant 6, you’re wrong and you know it. i have more respect for Activision and EA Sports then you, and thats saying something.

+ Xx_SgT_NaStY_xX on December 16th, 2009 at 7:06 pm said:

What time is this supposed to be available tomorrow? 12 a.m., 8 a.m., 10 a.m.?

+ KIT-_-KAT on December 16th, 2009 at 7:08 pm said: