PS4 - The Last of Us Remastered

SOCOM Confrontation Cold Front DLC Available Tomorrow

Mark Rogers's Avatar + Posted by Mark Rogers on Dec 16, 2009 // Senior Producer, SCEA

We’ve got some great news for all you SOCOM fans! We’re excited to announce that the Cold Front expansion pack for SOCOM: U.S. Navy SEALs Confrontation will be available tomorrow for download in North America on the PlayStation Network. Cold Front is loaded with a number of new features and content.

Check out what’s included in the new download pack below:

• New Russian / Eastern European Area of Operation
  • Snow setting complete with snow effects
  • New snow gear and camo for both the Special Forces and Mercenaries
  • Thermal vision
  • New ARMS RUN gameplay mode
  • 5 New Maps: Uprising, Entrapment, Blizzard, Night Stalker, Vigilance
  • All new mercenaries characters with new looks and new VO.
  • New Special Forces squad, the Russian Spetsnaz
  • Gun turrets emplacements
  • New music
  • All new character specialization/progression system allows players to pick a primary and secondary specialization and unlock new equipment exclusive to those specializations
  • New weapons, including: 3 new weapons, 6 enhanced versions of weapons available as part of the new weapons specialization system, 2 new weapon attachments (including the thermal scope), 5 enhanced versions of weapon attachments also available as part of the new weapons specialization system.
  • 2 new grenade launcher ammo types (flash and smoke)
  • New Trophies

For a limited time, the Cold Front pack will be available for only $9.99. Be sure and download the pack from the PlayStation Store this weekend to lock in the low introductory price. After Sunday, December 20 the price will move to $14.99.

239 Comments

+ ADR143 on December 17th, 2009 at 5:52 am said:

this should be really free.

releasing a game for only 7 maps! and online only? plus we w8ted year and half to actually enjoy it? and now DLC is coming and we have to pay again?

the maps looks cool but i feel that i dont want to give my money to /6.

ZIPPER PLZZ COME BACK AND MAKE A REAL SOCOM ON PS3!

Socom fans is been dying to see real SOCOM in PS3

+ TheVoid777 on December 17th, 2009 at 5:54 am said:

Man, the SOCOM community is so 1337! What is up with this game that there’s such hate? I suck at SOCOM, but I enjoy playing it – never see lag, rarely have any real issues with the geometry, and the gameplay seems balanced and fun. 1.60 works fine for me, and overall the gameplay experience is great. Looking forward to the new DLC and especially the lower price.

Some people just need to move on… Seriously, holding on to all that rage isn’t healthy! What kind of agenda are you operating from? What is your goal? What purpose does all the hate serve??

Merry Christmas Slant Six! Good job and have a great New Year!

-void

+ BananaFish on December 17th, 2009 at 5:58 am said:

/6 could give away this DLC for FREE and I wouldn’t bother to download it. /6 ruined the SOCOM franchise and it’ll take the release of MAG to get the bad taste out of my mouth that was SC. The MAG beta rocked so hard that my plan is to ebay MW2 to help fund my purchase of MAG.

+ ROLO_ONFIRE on December 17th, 2009 at 6:22 am said:

The least you could do is give this content for free, specially when lots of the features on the back of the box where a lie until a few months ago

+ TERMINAL-PAIN on December 17th, 2009 at 6:42 am said:

When and where do we download this?

+ BIG12HOLD on December 17th, 2009 at 6:55 am said:

It’s 12/17, where’s the content peeps? All the issues are resolved with game play. The Party system still needs work, as you have to create a new party and re-invite everyone after EVERY match. My only complaint is that if you search the leader boards for some of the haters, they are still playing SOCOM. So, either enjoy the game and bury the hatchet, or move on FOR REAL. No argument that the game had problems, but at least they are investing the time and money to better the game. Quit crying haters, your salty tears will rust your gun, ’cause you know you are still playing. If not, STFU!

+ TERMINAL-PAIN on December 17th, 2009 at 7:00 am said:

Glad to see Im not the only SOCOM fan!!LOL! Also glad to see Im not the only one going nutz trying to find the download!!!!!!!!!

+ PATESGAME on December 17th, 2009 at 7:06 am said:

has anyone found the download yet for socom map packs?

+ PATESGAME on December 17th, 2009 at 7:08 am said:

wheres the map packs???

+ Ben_Hogan on December 17th, 2009 at 7:13 am said:

it’s killin me not be able to find the map pack they should have givin a time or somthin

+ TaMpA_bLaCk on December 17th, 2009 at 7:22 am said:

I got a ton of games & Socom is one of my favorties. The lag is much better. Socom is the BEST run & gun shooter out there! The new Modern Warfare is great too but TOO MANY CAMPERS on there! That’s why I like a bout socom. Not nearly as many campers on there. Can’t wait. I’m buying the add-on today! SOCOM ROX!!!

+ TaMpA_bLaCk on December 17th, 2009 at 7:23 am said:

Usually the PSTORE is updated at 5:00. It will be out after or around that time. Calm down. LOL =)

+ uenvymenow on December 17th, 2009 at 7:26 am said:

Everyone slams /6 for their game. Granted it’s not what everyone expected and yes we all were disappointed. However, they are trying to atleast fix it for us to, granted it took them over a year but let’s compare this to the newest game to come out, Modern Warfare 2. Look at how many bugs and glitches are in that game to ruin the gameplay. Yet no one ever really complains about infinity ward now. MW2 is a huge failure compared to the original. IW takes their sweet time to come out with patches that really don’t do anything. Atleast /6 can come out with patches that are TRYING to help make the game balanced and trying to get the game back on track. Just my opinion about the two game developers.

+ Scienzoflyfe on December 17th, 2009 at 7:27 am said:

I’m a huge tactical realistic shooter fan. I’v played Tom Clancy games and earlier versions of socom… this is actually the only game I own for PS3. Granted it’s not perfect yet, it has everything I look for in a modern tactical shooter. I can’t see how people don’t like this game. I didn’t get it when it first came out but maybe about 6months after and I have had no problems (with the exception of a few crashes here and there so what). This is a THX certified game, It’s top of the line in sound and video quality. Even came with a bluetooth headset (bonus!). Yea I don’t recomend this game to people who like to run and gun shoot em up, this takes teamwork and strategy that takes years of practice to get good at.
I would like to see a flashlight option added and also more detailed weapon velocity, and would it hurt to add a jungle map, c’mon guys what happened to the green faced warriors US SEALS are infamous for. All in all, this is a supurb game, I’m looking forwards to the Cold Front DLC, and to all the people doggin this game…I honestly do not see your viewpoint, because if you knew what it meant to be a lethal part of a fireteam and dominate as with precise teamwork you wouldn’t be doggin this game.

+ Ben_Hogan on December 17th, 2009 at 7:30 am said:

@113 5:00 what time est.?

+ HIGHESTofTHEMALL on December 17th, 2009 at 7:38 am said:

getting it. soccom rocks

+ Keeng on December 17th, 2009 at 7:56 am said:

Getting it and buying it for my nephew. I understand all the hate people have toward Slant Six for releasing a very broken game but they totally fixed it. If you wanted a playable, good Socom game this game is that now despite the time it took to get that way. So lay off, guys. They listened to our concerns and fixed the game.

+ Clarkewizard69 on December 17th, 2009 at 7:57 am said:

still nothing in oregon

+ Sick215 on December 17th, 2009 at 8:14 am said:

I just called playstation support, they said that the playstation store is only updated once a week. The girl said the pack may not even come out today, but if it did, she didnt know what time.

+ PooL on December 17th, 2009 at 8:55 am said:

$15 is retarded.
Even $10 is pushing it a little.

+ PooL on December 17th, 2009 at 8:59 am said:

I already feel like I paid for a beta test, now I have to pay again for the game to actually have the number of maps, modes and weapons that a regular game releases with.

But hey, the new “Snow setting COMPLETE WITH SNOW EFFECTS” is completely worth it!

+ rogeryermaw on December 17th, 2009 at 9:20 am said:

what idiot believes sony will go under just because some pre-pubescent children dont have mommy and daddys permission to buy the content? quit being mad and mow a yard then you can play too. then you wont have a reason to bash sony or slant 6 for building a game which is something you couldnt do if you tried. punk brats never even tried to write a string of code and have no idea how difficult it can be. eventually all the crap will be patched. eventually there will be another socom and it will have to be patched. and when you punk kids cant find anymore glitches or cheats then maybe youll quit playing altogether and we can get to tactics oriented combat with team minded people. thumbs up for cold front…nightstalker was always one of my favorite maps. bring it on!

+ Mighty-LordNes on December 17th, 2009 at 9:26 am said:

BIG12HOLD | December 17th, 2009 at 6:55 am

Yes we still play, just to make sure my clan is NOT left behind to start with, you numb nuts! We all paid money for 1/2 a game, and now we have to pay for the other half. I will NOT stop! So YOU go ahead and waste more money on all that crap and STFU!

+ l-Silversurfer-l on December 17th, 2009 at 10:37 am said:

For those who obviously don’t know much about socom history and KEEP ASKING why we are upset about this game, here’s just one of those reasons for you to think about..It’s strictly online with no single player missions or story line (which we didn’t mind at first because I’m sure most of us thought that that would mean a HUGE online play with like all the old maps or just ALOT more maps or just something crazy that the new PS3 could handle). Stop defending them with this pushing dates talk, you have no idea what your talking about. This game was popular enough to deserve quality for its dedicated fans.

+ l-Silversurfer-l on December 17th, 2009 at 10:40 am said:

I will say this though, I’m very glad even though it’s taken a year, that they are bringing back more maps to this game along with some new and I wouldn’t mind paying 10$ for them. I wont stop playing socom even if /6 keeps making it simply because of my community and friends..plus think about it this way, there’s no where to go but up now for /6 on this game and once they get a feel of what the socom nation wants I’m sure they will improve..Do I still want zipper back? YES but that may not even be an option which we will have to learn to live with.

+ Demonhunter84 on December 17th, 2009 at 10:45 am said:

I’ll probably pass on it as I learned my lesson with the Killzone 2 DLC hardly anyone played the new maps. Maybe if I see a review of the maps I’ll get it. I never played any of the other Socom games online.

+ xStRoKeD_ on December 17th, 2009 at 10:55 am said:

So, do we have to call slant 6 to figure out when we can get the Map pack or what?

+ wgaddis on December 17th, 2009 at 10:57 am said:

Usually the PSTORE is updated at 5:00. The cold front map pack will be out after or around that time.

+ top-gun908 on December 17th, 2009 at 12:44 pm said:

Don’t support /6! They won’t get any more of my $….

+ FRANK_DILINGER on December 17th, 2009 at 12:58 pm said:

This is some BS Tired of waiting….

+ BaZooKaJoE79 on December 17th, 2009 at 1:02 pm said:

Whats with all the Socom and /6 hate? must be all the whiny COD kiddies!!! This game blows any other online shooter out of the water to date,,, especially the entire COD series… Only one that kind of compares is Bad Company and soon Bad Company 2….

+ BaZooKaJoE79 on December 17th, 2009 at 1:04 pm said:

Apparently this is going to be released 5:00pm Pacific!!!

+ USATOWER on December 17th, 2009 at 1:11 pm said:

why is it the 17th and this map pack was to be out on the 17th not out yet and if it is to be out on the 17th then what time zone our we on so i know when i can download it

+ modeen on December 17th, 2009 at 1:12 pm said:

Agreed Bazookajoe79! Yes….the game has problems, but by far is one of the best online shooter games out there. Funny enough, all the kiddies and haters will buy the DL the minute its available! Take a look at the number of online players at any given time…it’s apparent that there are many people that play and enjoy this so called crap!

+ TaMpA_bLaCk on December 17th, 2009 at 1:17 pm said:

5:00 eastern yes

+ TaMpA_bLaCk on December 17th, 2009 at 1:27 pm said:

5:00 Pacific? pfft last week the Dantes Inferno Demo was released at 5:00 eastern. Who knows. Most times the store is updated at 5 est is all I know. Maybe it’s 5 no materr where you live? Idk about that. All I know it’s around 5 est maybe you get it at 5 your time too. As far as COD vs Socom? I play both a lot. The COD is a great arcade style 1st person shooter(their 3rd person is a joke! COD didn’t put much into the 3rd person online games) Also the COD bomb, flag is not as good as Socom. Toooo many Campers on COD!!! Socom is not arcade style. Socom is a great 3rd person or over the shoulder shooter! COD is great & so is Socom! Very different games. Free for all is COD is intense! The team games & the bomb, flage hostages in Socom kill COD though. W00T! Can’t wait for this to come out… In closing the main reason I like Socom is because it is the most realistic shooter out there & not near as many campers as games like COD. If you like to run & gun, Socom is your game!

+ mcbuttz78 on December 17th, 2009 at 1:34 pm said:

Im SO SICK OF THE THE MOAN FEST, DO YOU GUYS HAVE ARXE CANCER?? DONT COME MOANING TO SLANT SIX. THESE GUYS GOT SOCOM 6MTHS LATE, THEY DIDNT MOAN THEY SWEATED IT OUT. YES IT CAME OUT NOT RIGHT, THEY MADE PATCHES THEY MADE FIXES. HELL THEY EVEN PUT 450 DIFFER TYPES OF CHEAT DETECTION INTHE GAME TO STOP CHEATER AND GRIEFERS O F THE SERIES, HELL THE EVEN BETA THE WHOLE PATCH 1.50 AND 1.6 FOR WHOLE DARN YR.. TO ME THAT SAY THEY CARE , THEY COULD HAVE THROWN INTHE TOWEL LIL ZIPPER DID.. YOU WANT TO COMPLAIN SOCOM 1 N 2 HAD CHEATS AND HACKS IT WAS DARN NEAR SOCOM CHEAT HACK EDTION.. THESE GUYS @ SLANT SIX CLEANED UP ZIPPER DOO DOO DRAWS.. WHY YOU GUYS GIVING THEM MORE BS TO CLEAN UP. IF U GOT OUT TO EAT AND YOUR PLATE MADE WRONG, U ASK THEM TO FIX IT, WHEN IT COMES BACK U EITHER EAT IT OR U LEAVE IF YOUR NOT SATISFIED.. THEY FIXXED EVERY PROBLEM, THOSE PROBLEMS ARE IN THE PAST,,, IM BUYING THIS CONTENT .. SCREW ALL YA’LL MOANING..

MCBUTTZ 78

+ TaMpA_bLaCk on December 17th, 2009 at 1:38 pm said:

mcbuttz don’t sweat the jitterbugs dissin this game. they are noob that know nothing about gaming. socom is a great game. the most realistic shooter out there. like i said b4 i play cod too. these idiots that diss socom in the name of cod are stupid! the games are nothing alike. cod a great game. socom a great game. they are both at the top in their perspective shooter styles imo. it’s kinda like the kids that argue all day over xbox vs ps3. lol

+ BaZooKaJoE79 on December 17th, 2009 at 1:51 pm said:

Very true Tampa they are indeed different styles of game by far. But on a next gen system like the ps3 realism is where it is at and so far I have yet to become a fan of COD. I rather enjoyed the campaign mode on MW2. But the online to me is lacking content. One thing i did not like was the way they dodged questions about vehicles. i guess because there are none.If you really enjoy the arcade style Bad Company is where it is at, Bad Company one imo owns any COD ever made and Bad Company 2 looks oh so sick…. On a side note i am very interested in playing MAG and cant wait for the release! On a side note for all the /6 haters maybe MAG will be the game for you as it is developed by ZIPPER!!!

+ Bladesofgold on December 17th, 2009 at 1:54 pm said:

@139 you are dumb if you think they stopped cheaters. There are plenty of cheating noobs on Confrontation. Don’t ever write in caps it shows how dumb and arrogant you are.Get off / 6 nuts they suck and so do you Noob. They fixed every problem please put the pipe down.

+ hugueley9 on December 17th, 2009 at 1:57 pm said:

where do you go to download the new maps cant find them

+ BaZooKaJoE79 on December 17th, 2009 at 1:59 pm said:

At Blades post 142 show me a game that doesnt have cheaters…. I see kids glitching in walls and such every time i try and play MW2 another big reason why i think my 60+ was a huge waste! Gimme a coherent reason as to why /6 is so terrible other than the launch garb… Oh and also i seem to remember having to wait a couple days after the launch of MW2 before you could even get online… That my friend is sheer and utter failure!!!

+ BaZooKaJoE79 on December 17th, 2009 at 1:59 pm said:

To 143 Not till 5:00 this evening!!!

+ BaZooKaJoE79 on December 17th, 2009 at 2:00 pm said:

To 143 it it will be in the store around 5:00 this evening!!!

+ topdeal09 on December 17th, 2009 at 2:04 pm said:

if u dont play this game you dont know anything about online games its really worthy
thnx

+ topdeal09 on December 17th, 2009 at 2:05 pm said:

what about UK is the cold front out or not?

+ topdeal09 on December 17th, 2009 at 2:06 pm said:

in UK is it out or not yet?

+ Bladesofgold on December 17th, 2009 at 2:18 pm said:

@144 can you read? i’m responding to the dudes post. Now on to the game at hand um you can’t shoot over some railings or lean and shoot over or around certain structures. No chat in the lobby. Party system is tedious at best. Took 18 months for 2 new maps played the others 5 years ago. So don’t come at me with that slick talk buddy. Do you work for / 6?

+ Bladesofgold on December 17th, 2009 at 2:22 pm said:

Edit: For Bazooka Joe

+ CavScoutRec on December 17th, 2009 at 2:40 pm said:

OK…it’s the 17th! I can’t fing the cold front download any where?! PS Store will have it available WHEN EXACTLY?