With more than 50 public and private spaces to explore, 100 free games to take part in, 2000+ virtual items for users to collect, and over 250 community events executed to date (including the ongoing Holiday event complete with a Festive Tree puzzle game in Central Plaza), it’s safe to say that PlayStation Home is THE place to be this season if you own a PlayStation 3. There’s so much going on in-world that you are bound to miss out if you aren’t logging in every day. Each weekly content publish heaps a whole lot more on the pile of cool stuff to do in the ever-expanding world of PlayStation Home. And this Thursday promises to deliver more of the exciting content you’ve come to expect us to deliver day after day, week after week, month after month, and year after year (that’s right, as of December 11th we are officially on our second year as a platform!)
Starting tomorrow, December 17th until Tuesday, December 22nd, all of you Trekkies that rent or buy Star Trek (2009) or purchase Star Trek: D-A-C from PlayStation Store will be given voucher codes that unlock special Star Trek virtual items in PlayStation Home. The voucher for the Star Trek movie will include the male yellow and female red uniforms, and the voucher for Star Trek D-A-C will include the male navy blue uniform – collect all three!
The only way to get these highly-coveted outfits is to head to PlayStation Store (vouchers for these costumes will be e-mailed to your PlayStation Network registered e-mail address within 10 days of your purchase or rental of Star Trek or Star Trek D-A-C). If you snooze, you lose, and short of building your own version of the Enterprise and breaking the space-time continuum, you may not have another chance to procure these items again. So act now!
If you dance whene’er you are able, impersonate Clark Gable, eat ham, jam, and Spam a lot (or even push the pram a lot), then you’ll be positively stoked to see Monty Python and the Holy Grail coming into PlayStation Home this week. Sir Bedevere, Sir Galahad, Sir Lancelot, Sir Robin and even the Black Knight costumes will be available come this Thursday. Pick them up at the Costumes store in the PlayStation Home Mall either as individual outfits or together as a Monty Python Knights bundle (includes Bedevere, Galahad, Lancelot, and Robin outfits complete with chainmail coifs).
This Thursday marks the arrival of LittleBigPlanet in PlayStation Home. Visit the Threads and Furniture stores in the PlayStation Home Mall to pick up an array of LBP-themed virtual items – including t-shirts, hoodies, sofas, rugs, and tons more. And, believe me, this is just the start when it comes to LittleBigPlanet in PlayStation Home, so keep your eyes on this blog for more details.
If you visit the SingStar Rooms this week, you’ll find the doors to ultra-exclusive VIP space have reopened for an ongoing holiday bash. Fully decorated for the seasonal festivities, the SingStar VIP room includes a brand-new game (hint: watch the newly-installed spotlights) that will unlock a special reward item for all who can overcome the challenge. As always, the VIP space will only be available for a (super) limited time, so get into PlayStation Home this week or risk missing out on this special event forever.
Tekken 6 fans will be pleased to find a bunch of new outfits available this week in the Tekken 6 game space. We have full Jin, King, Raven, Christie, and Lili costumes available, all at a killer price. So be sure to add these awesome items to your collection come this Thursday.
Those of you that enter the PixelJunk Museum this week will find a new PixelJunk Shooter Exhibition area where you can unlock a PixelJunk Flight Suit through in-game achievements. You can access this new PixelJunk area through the World Map in Central Plaza or in your Menu Pad. Simply press Start > Locations > World Map and then select the PixelJunk tile.
Ring in the new decade in PlayStation Home this year by picking up the New Year’s Eve items, available this Thursday in the PlayStation Home Mall. We are releasing everything from animated sparklers to party wear to animated disco rigs, ice sculptures, and light up flooring for your personal spaces. Basically, we’re giving you everything you need to throw a proper New Year’s bash with all your friends.
Also coming to PlayStation Home this week is our first set of evolving virtual items. Here’s the premise: Users that pick these items up during the very-limited time frame that they will be made available (one month) will get to witness a surprising evolution as these items morph into items completely different from their original states. To start, we will be releasing 5 different evolving items for your personal space – an aquarium, flower, snow globe, toys, and fortune cookie. Check these items out and then let us know if you’d like to see more of these by posting your thoughts in the official PlayStation Home General forum.
This Friday marks the final chance to win a copy of the UNCHARTED 2: Among Thieves Fortune Hunter Edition. Those of you that wish to enter this contest should head to the UNCHARTED 2: Among Thieves game space in PlayStation Home between the hours of 8:00am PT on Friday, December 18th and 12:00pm PT on Monday, December 21st to play the Torch Race mini-game. The user who places first on the game’s leaderboard will win this extremely limited prize. Included in the Fortune Hunter Edition is a copy of UNCHARTED 2: Among Thieves, the Phurba Dagger ornamental replica (plus stand), a special “book case” with art book autographed by the Naughty Dog team, a ton of downloads, and the UNCHARTED 2: Among Thieves Strategy Guide. So read the official rules and regulations below and then head into PlayStation Home at 8:00am PT on Friday morning. We’ll be wiping the leaderboards clean right then.
The following promotion is intended for viewing in the 50 United States and the District of Columbia only and will be construed and evaluated according to United States law. Do not enter this contest if you are not a legal resident of, and located in, the 50 United States or District of Columbia at the time of entry.
PLAYSTATION®HOME UNCHARTED 2 TORCH RACE CONTEST
Void outside the 50 United States and District of Columbia and where prohibited.
1. Eligibility. The UNCHARTED 2 TORCH RACE Contest (the “Promotion”) is open only to legal residents of the fifty United States and the District of Columbia who are 18 years of age or older at the time of entry and hold a PlayStation Network account in good standing as determined by Sponsor. Employees of the Sponsor and its parent, subsidiaries and affiliated companies and their immediate families are not eligible to participate in this Promotion.
2. Sponsor. Sony Computer Entertainment America Inc., 919 East Hillsdale Blvd., Foster City, CA 94404 (“Sponsor”).
3. Timing. The Promotion begins on December 18th 2009 at 8:00AM PST and ends on December 21st 2009 at 12:00PM PST (the “Promotion Period”).
4. How to Enter. No purchase necessary. Internet access, a PlayStation Network account, and a PlayStation3 computer entertainment system are required. Using the PlayStation3 system, go to the PlayStation Network and access PlayStation Home. Users who wish to enter (the “Entrants”) must use their avatars to enter the Uncharted 2 Among Thieves Nepalese Village Space (the “Event Space”) (accessible via the World Map on the Entrant’s Menu Pad). Instructions for playing three preliminary races and a “6 torch race” will be presented to Entrants in the Message of the Day which will appear on December 18th at 9:00AM PST and remain until December 21st at 12:00PM PST. To start the first race, Entrant should navigate to the torch located to the left of the Uncharted Nepalese Village Global Leaderboard and light the torch by touching the torch. Once the torch is lit, Entrant will automatically start the first of three preliminary torch races: first, a “3 torch race”, second, a “4 torch race” and lastly, a “5 torch race”, which Entrant must participate in and successfully complete before he/she can advance to the final “6 torch race”. The “6 torch race” is the only timed section of the Promotion. Entrants must complete all of the preliminary torch races only once for the entire Promotion Period and races must be completed in consecutive order.
To play preliminary torch races: To start each preliminary race, Entrants should navigate to the torch located to the left of the Uncharted Nepalese Village Global Leaderboard and light the torch. Entrants must navigate their avatars in the Nepalese Village Space to find torches which are discretely hidden and light the available torches by touching each one as quickly as possible. Torches will only light in a predetermined order, and Entrant is responsible for determining the order in which the torches are lit. When a torch has been found and correctly lit, a torch icon will appear on the right side of the screen. Once all the torches have been found and correctly lit in each race, a popup menu will appear indicating that the race has been successfully completed and the next consecutive race will be unlocked for play. When Entrant has correctly completed all three preliminary torch races, a “6 torch race” will be unlocked for play and will remain open for the remainder of the Promotion Period.
To play timed “6 torch race”: The “6 torch race” starts and ends in the Nepalese Village Space and can only be accessed after the preliminary torch races have been completed. To start each 6 torch race, Entrants should navigate to the torch located to the left of the Uncharted Nepalese Village Global Leaderboard and light the torch. Gameplay for the “6 torch race” is the same as that of the preliminary torch races except the “6 torch race” is timed, it contains 6 torches, and Entrants can play an unlimited number of 6 torch races within the Promotion Period to attempt to better their time. Entrant must find 6 torches which are discretely hidden in the Nepalese Village Space and light the 6 torches in the correct order as quickly as possible. Timing begins when the first torch has been correctly lit. Once all 6 torches have been correctly lit, timing stops and Entrant’s time is recorded. The 10 lowest times in the “6 torch race” and the online IDs of the Entrants who earned them in an individual race, from all correctly completed races played during the Promotion Period in all instances of the Uncharted Nepalese Village Space, will be posted on the Global Leaderboard located in the Uncharted Nepalese Village Space. (An instance is a new event space that is created when the number of users in the original space has reached its maximum capacity. The “6 Torch Race” can support multiple instances of the same Event Space so that Entrants will be able to access the space.)
5. Entry Conditions and Release. Entrants may participate as many times as they like during the Promotion Period. Sponsor is not responsible for technical, hardware or software failures, malfunctions, lost or unavailable network connections or failed, incomplete, garbled or delayed computer transmissions or unforeseen schedule changes that may limit an Entrant’s ability to participate in the Promotion, even if caused by Sponsor’s negligence. Sponsor is not responsible for changes to Entrant’s contact information. Entries not satisfying these Official Rules are automatically disqualified. Sponsor has the sole discretion to modify, cancel or suspend this Promotion should virus, bugs or other causes beyond Sponsor’s control corrupt, change or adversely affect the Promotion’s administration, security or proper play and to award prizes from among all eligible entries received prior to Sponsor’s action. Automated entries are prohibited and any use of automated devices will cause disqualification. Sponsor has the sole discretion to disqualify any Entrant who tampers with the contest.
6. Winner Selection. One (1) Grand Prize winner will be selected during the Promotion Period. Winner will be determined as follows: The Entrant who has the lowest time in an individual 6 torch race from all correctly completed 6 torch races played during the Promotion Period will be declared the Grand Prize winner. In the event of a tie in winning times, Entrants with the tied winning times will have a tiebreaker rematch of the “6 torch race” in the Uncharted Nepalese Village Space on December 23rd 2009. Time and details of tiebreaker will be determined by Sponsor. Entrants will be notified at approximately 9:00 A.M. PST on December 22nd, 2009 via the email address associated with their PSN account. The Entrant with the lowest time in the tiebreaker rematch will be declared the Grand Prize winner. If the winning tiebreaker time is tied, additional tiebreaker rematch games will be held from among the remaining tied Entrants with the fastest time until one Entrant has the fastest time, who will be declared the Grand Prize winner. The times of the 10 Entrants with the lowest times and their online IDs will be posted on the global leaderboard located in the Uncharted Nepalese Village Space beginning on December 18th, 2009 at approximately 8:00AM A.M. PST until December 21st, 2009 at approximately 12:00PM PST. Winner will also be notified by Sponsor via the email address associated with Winner’s PSN account on or about December 21st, 2009. Grand Prize winner must claim his or her prize within 48 hours from Sponsor’s notification. If Grand Prize winner does not respond within 48 hours from Sponsor’s outreach, an alternate winner will be selected by Sponsor based on the Entrant who has the next lowest time from all games played during the Promotion Period, (or if a tie exists, the next lowest time from the tiebreaker) which will be posted on the global leaderboard. This method will continue until a Grand Prize winner has responded within the required time period.
7. Prize(s). One (1) Grand Prize will be awarded to qualifying Entrant. Grand Prize consists of one copy of Uncharted 2: Among Thieves™ Fortune Hunter Edition which includes a copy of the video game Uncharted 2: Among Thieves, a phurba dagger replica and an artbook. The approximate retail value (“ARV”) of Grand Prize is $300.00. Prize fulfillment is based on availability. Sponsor reserves the right to substitute a prize of equal or greater value if a prize is unavailable. Sponsor may disqualify a winner and select an alternate winner if any prize notification or prize is returned undeliverable. If the player with the lowest time is under 18, the prize will be awarded to the qualifying Entrant with the next lowest time from all games played during the Promotion Period (or if a tie exists the next lowest time from the tiebreaker) which will be posted on the global leaderboard. Prizes are non-transferable and Sponsor need not substitute a prize based on winner’s request. Please allow 6-8 weeks for delivery of the prize.
8. Odds of Winning. Odds of winning are determined by the number of eligible entries received.
9. Publicity. By accepting the prize, winner agrees to the use of his or her name and likeness for purposes of advertising, trade or promotion without further compensation, unless prohibited by law, and agrees to sign and return a notarized Affidavit of Eligibility and Release of Liability (the “Affidavit”) within Fourteen (14) business days of prize notification.
10. Limitations of Liability. By attempting to enter, entering a Promotion or accepting a Promotion prize, an Entrant or prize winner agrees to release Sponsor and its parent, subsidiaries, agencies, divisions and affiliates from liability, claims or actions or any kind for injuries, damages or losses to persons and property that may be sustained in connection with the receipt, ownership or use of the prize or while preparing for, participating in or traveling to or from the Promotion or any Promotion or prize-related activity. Sponsor’s employees, employees of Sponsor’s parent, subsidiaries, agencies, and affiliates and each of their related companies and their immediate families are not eligible. Neither the Sponsor nor its parent, affiliates, subsidiaries, agencies, divisions or related companies are responsible for any damages, taxes or expenses that winners might incur as a result of this Promotion or receipt of prize.
11. Promotion Results. To obtain a winner’s list by mail, send a stamped, self-addressed envelope to PlayStation Home Uncharted 2 Torch Race Contest Promotion, Attn: Promotions, 919 E. Hillsdale Blvd. 2nd Floor, Foster City, CA 94404. Sponsor will fulfill a winner’s list request within 4-6 weeks after it awards prizes. Requests for the winner’s list must be received by December 22nd, 2009.
12. Restrictions. Void where prohibited or restricted by law.
Star Trek Copyright (c) 2009 Paramount Pictures. STAR TREK and related marks and logos are trademarks of CBS Studios Inc. All Rights Reserved.
Star Trek: D-A-C (c) 2009 Paramount Pictures Corporation. (r) & (c) 2009 CBS Studios Inc. STAR TREK and related marks and logos are trademarks of CBS Studios Inc. All Rights Reserved.