PS4 - Transistor

PlayStation Network Video Content Update

Grace Chen's Avatar + Posted by Grace Chen on Dec 18, 2009 // Director, PlayStation Store

Hi Everyone,

Here’s the list of new arrivals and top downloads on the Video Store this week.

In addition to some great new releases this week, we’ve launched a new collection that brings you 12 full days of holiday savings. Check our out the Holiday Daily Deal under Featured Collections daily through December 28 for some amazing one-day-only discounts. Here’s a list of what you can expect:

Holiday Deals

Visit the Store to take advantage of these great seasonal specials – it’s our present to you!

PSN Video Store Holiday Deals

• Full Metal Panic S3
  • Christmas Time in South Park
  • Nostradamus Effect | S1 - The Rapture

Top Movies

1. Terminator Salvation
  2. Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince
  3. The Hangover (Unrated)
  4. Funny People (Unrated)
  5. The Goods: Live Hard, Sell Hard
  6. Four Christmases
  7. Up
  8. Public Enemies
  9. Inglourious Basterds
  10. Angels & Demons

Top HD Movies

1. Terminator Salvation
  2. Angels & Demons
  3. Up
  4. The Goods: Live Hard, Sell Hard
  5. Julie & Julia
  6. Funny People (Unrated)
  7. Four Christmases
  8. G.I. Joe: The Rise of Cobra
  9. The Ugly Truth
  10. Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince

Top TV Episodes

1. Family Guy | Season 8 – Business Guy
  2. It’s Always Sunny in Philadelphia | Season 5 – The Gang Reignites the Rivalry
  3. Family Guy | Season 8 – Dog Gone

7. Family Guy | Season 8 – Jerome Is The New Black
  8. The Cleveland Show | Season 1 – A Cleveland Brown Christmas
  9. WWII in HD | Season 1 – Darkness Falls
  10. Family Guy | Season 8 – Hannah Banana

36 Comments

+ Ruffday on December 18th, 2009 at 5:04 am said:

Epic Psn weekend. Thanx Sony!!!

+ coppi6976 on December 18th, 2009 at 5:09 am said:

HBO someday!!!!!

+ whoombat on December 18th, 2009 at 5:31 am said:

Canada someday!!!!!!

I am sure that you are working on it, just keep in mind that we want to give you our money!

+ IZ779 on December 18th, 2009 at 5:52 am said:

Why Can’t canada have the video and comics store?

+ IZ779 on December 18th, 2009 at 5:53 am said:

Why Can’t Canada have all of this stuff like the videos and comics.

+ GameBoss01 on December 18th, 2009 at 6:31 am said:

Don’t worry Canadian friends, I’m sure Sony is working on comics and video store for Canada.Just wait a little bit more…

+ Xestor on December 18th, 2009 at 7:39 am said:

no subtitles? I am very disappointed! Grace Chen should get fired.

+ ssmcp137 on December 18th, 2009 at 7:57 am said:

USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA

GOD BLESS THE USA!!!

+ ssmcp137 on December 18th, 2009 at 7:58 am said:

GOD BLESS AMERICA USA USA USA!!!

+ harv052 on December 18th, 2009 at 8:09 am said:

You guys have to stop complaining about No video store in Canada…When’s the last time Sony made a comment about it coming to Canada? Never. Week after week, your pleas are falling on deaf ears. We always get the shaft and it’s not going to change…

And stop blaming the CRTC. They do NOT control broadcasting over the internet, never did, never will. The problem lies with Broadcasting corporations: Rogers, Shaw, Bell, Videotron, to name a few…They hold broadcasting rights for the shows you see on the Sony video Store, hence the reason why we don’t have it..

+ JamesSoprano on December 18th, 2009 at 8:21 am said:

CANADA CANADA CANADA CANADA CANADA CANADA CANADA CANADA CANADA CANADA CANADA CANADA CANADA CANADA CANADA CANADA CANADA CANADA CANADA CANADA CANADA CANADA CANADA CANADA CANADA CANADA CANADA CANADA CANADA CANADA CANADA CANADA CANADA CANADA CANADA CANADA CANADA CANADA CANADA CANADA CANADA CANADA CANADA CANADA CANADA

that’s enough for this week

ahh what the heck !

CANADA !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

+ Jeigh on December 18th, 2009 at 9:02 am said:

Awesomeness. Though, how was anyone supposed to take advantage of the 12/17 deal if you didn’t announce it until 12/18?

Meh, I can’t say I’m broken up about that particular deal. Let’s see what movies I’m grabbing today. =)

+ LumarQQ on December 18th, 2009 at 9:12 am said:

Sony doesn’t like black people…

Or Canadians

+ MartiniGroove on December 18th, 2009 at 9:39 am said:

Thanks for announcing Transformers on 12/17 the day after.

+ whitwhit on December 18th, 2009 at 10:12 am said:

LumarQQ you are so right, so right you have no idea LOL

+ KSPRAYDAD on December 18th, 2009 at 10:16 am said:

@10…

Although I agree that the CRTC is NOT the issue…how has Apple been able to set up shop and SONY not?

Grace…for the love of gawd can you please address the 10%+ of your customers that SCEA is responsible for? Your lack of communication has already pushed this multiple PS3/PSP owner to go to iTunes and Xbox Live for video services. These are two companies I do not like and would NEVER have dealt with except for your silence on this issue. Now SONY is never going to earn a profit from me in video but you still have the chance to salvage some market share if you just SPOKE TO YOUR CUSTOMERS.

BTW…to those WITH video service…the DRM and TOS makes it such that your purchases are lost forever if your PS3 breaks…back up won’t save you from wasting your money $. Grace, you REALLY should have a blog entry that CLEARLY outlines SONY’s obligations when it comes to what will and will not be done in the case of a PS3 failure (of which I’ve suffered 2 so far).

Cheers.

+ triple_lei on December 18th, 2009 at 10:32 am said:

That 12/28 sounds interesting. I hope that also means “four movies for the price of two”, “ten movies for the price of five”, etc. I might just single-handedly make whoever thought of that special regret it, heh heh…

Can’t wait to play it on my rock-steady PS3 in my pet & smoke free home!

GO USA!!!

+ EnigmaNemesis on December 18th, 2009 at 11:57 am said:

One thing that bothers me a ton.

Is some new movies I want to rent, will come out for “buy in SD” and not have a rental for months.

Kind of defeats the purpose IMO. And stinks, cause I would be renting them with the quickness. Instead it makes me want to lean towards Netflix.

+ MattyPHATty on December 18th, 2009 at 12:13 pm said:

DEXTER Season 4!!!! Any ideas when?

+ kevinm101 on December 18th, 2009 at 12:57 pm said:

Hi,
New to the store/blog.
When I try to rent a movie for the psp it’s $3.99 not $0.99 per the holiday special for 12/18? Is it only valid for PS3?
Thanks,
Kevin

+ KSPRAYDAD on December 18th, 2009 at 3:32 pm said:

@20

Good luck getting an answer from Grace…notoriously non-communicative.

I’d call PS Customer Service with your question if I were you.

+ Korlithiel on December 18th, 2009 at 9:57 pm said:

I’d be surprised if they were particularly helpful, at least due to me often recalling how poor their warranty service was about 6 months after the PSP’s launch.

+ smokeyhat on December 19th, 2009 at 4:12 am said:

I’m currently on deployment but I plan on splurging as soon as I get back. Can anyone tell me when Bioshock 2 and Gran turisom 5 will be coming out?

+ smokeyhat on December 19th, 2009 at 4:13 am said:

By the way Canada sucks.

+ KSPRAYDAD on December 19th, 2009 at 5:05 am said:

@23…

Is your opinion based on the fact that Canada owns you in war games…EVERYTIME?

Nice to know that you hold an opinion such as you do with the very people the US is fighting along with in Afghanistan.

+ Berae on December 19th, 2009 at 5:47 am said:

Canada.

+ theeasytiger on December 19th, 2009 at 8:28 am said:

This is a good service but every single item is horrendously over priced. Until things are more reasonably priced, I cannot see this being anything but a failure

+ Elvick_ on December 19th, 2009 at 2:27 pm said:

Worthless update since I can’t use it. At least I no longer get mocked by the XMB video section.

However my PSP consistently mocks me with the stupid comics icon that ruins my PSP theme btw, and which I can’t use.

Thanks SCEA for such awesome features that I could use if I lived 3 miles south.

+ poweredbyzen on December 19th, 2009 at 4:51 pm said:

thanks for this list! checking out the ufc fights and definitely can’t wait for the after-christmas blowout! wahoo!

+ ThreeLeggedFreak on December 19th, 2009 at 9:40 pm said:

Dexter Season 4

And subtitle options on all movies/tv shows

+ jlouisiii on December 21st, 2009 at 3:05 pm said:

i can’t find any information on the internet about whether the playstation store shows movies in their correct aspect ratio, specifically whether they crop movies that are in the 2:35:1 aspect ratio. i’ve never rented any hd movies from the ps3 store, so i just wanted to know before i pay for some of them. does anyone here know?

+ triple_lei on December 21st, 2009 at 6:24 pm said:

I downloaded “Away We Go” and it was still in that aspect ratio (i.e. it still had black bars on the top & bottom).

+ IppikiOokami on December 24th, 2009 at 4:28 am said:

I’m Canadian and yes, I am jealous! Hopefully we’ll get access to all this content someday…

+ Metellica505 on December 27th, 2009 at 12:23 pm said:

So many movies I shall watch them all

+ Kchow23 on December 27th, 2009 at 1:14 pm said:

Too bad the Video Store doesn’t exist in Canada…

+ fghtdzxfb on January 1st, 2010 at 10:10 am said:

thanks updates are great!!!!!!!!!