Far Cry 4

UNCHARTED 2: Among Thieves Title Update #3

Arne Meyer's Avatar + Posted by Arne Meyer on Dec 18, 2009 // Community Strategist, Naughty Dog

Like UNCHARTED

Today, Friday, December 18, 2009, at 10:00 AM PST (what time is it in my city?) you will be required to download an update to UNCHARTED 2: Among Thieves.

Below is a list of what is different:

• Added Version number to game menu – should display 1.03 after this update
  • Added Clan Tags – all players can now add a custom four letter Clan Tag in the Profile Menu (square) to display on-screen before their PSN ID
  • Load times have been decreased significantly
  • Added “Rematch” functionality
  • Adjusted some Boosters for balance
  • Addressed issue with Player’s Met screen in game menu and XMB displaying incorrectly
  • Addressed issue with Double Cash not doubling medal cash rewards

We’ve also made a slew of other changes to improve player experience.

I spoke with our multiplayer lead designer, Justin, to give us the lowdown on what’s so great about a few of these updates. Justin quickly shot me back an e-mail with the following info:

• Clan Tags is an addition we’ve been working for a while on. While it’s not full Clan support, we wanted to be sure that everybody can fly their Clan colors within UNCHARTED 2 multiplayer. Support for this is available to all players from the very beginning and can be edited within the player Profile menu – the same place where you choose your boosters.
  • We have significantly decreased load times. You will notice that the game loads into a map much faster after leaving the vote screen. This will help get players into games faster and keep people playing instead of waiting in the menu system.
  • We have also added Rematch functionality. At the end of a game, all players will be put back into matchmaking together, allowing you to play the same group of people over again. This decreases wait times, while still allowing people to leave after a match if they so desire. Again, this gets people into games faster and allows more time playing and less time in the menus – all of which is a very, very good thing!

PAGE 1 2

+ LukaX23 on December 18th, 2009 at 7:04 am said:

Haha, clan tags! Awesome! Thanks, guys. =]

+ stennex on December 18th, 2009 at 7:05 am said:

Awesome!

+ Draicus on December 18th, 2009 at 7:11 am said:

Win.

The rematch feature was the number one thing on my list. Nice job!

+ PullusPardusUS on December 18th, 2009 at 7:16 am said:

i think you guys should support ingame launching for home.

i tried launching it from home and all the people launched it didn’t show on the party section.

+ SEDITIOUS-SID on December 18th, 2009 at 7:17 am said:

Good deal! Rematch feature is nice.

+ SPOPS on December 18th, 2009 at 7:18 am said:

Naughty Dog, you have done it once again. Awesome job… I can’t wait to get home from work later tonight and play a few rounds.

+ Thomas_Fosse on December 18th, 2009 at 7:18 am said:

Love The Franchise got 100% at both games and all 4 episodes Bought ! ;)

Am so gonna take a brake from MW2 online and jump back to some good old Uncharted 2! This is what might get me away from that addicting game :)

Really Great !! ;D

+ Link01 on December 18th, 2009 at 7:21 am said:

By any chance will the next map pack that was announced to release soon be free? Or will it cost? Also, if it costs will it include any new trophies. I was also wondering if any new co op stuff would be added?

+ Link01 on December 18th, 2009 at 7:22 am said:

I was wondering if the next map pack, announced to release before the end of this month, would be free? If not, will it include more trophies * I hope it does*. Also, will you guys be adding any more co op stuff?

+ SPOPS on December 18th, 2009 at 7:24 am said:

@7 Thomas_Fosse

You are just going to go from one addicting game to another really lol. Uncharted’s online is freaking amazing. I really just wish there were a few more online trophies. The 2 online trophies they had were wayyyyyy too easy to obtain.

+ Hobartbob on December 18th, 2009 at 7:25 am said:

You just made a great game even better!! AWESOME!!

+ Gunwing on December 18th, 2009 at 7:25 am said:

Any chance you guys can do the same for the Single Player as well???? Also there are some minor problems with Drakes hands kinda going through objects when climbing…..

As well as the AI on the lower difficulties tends to just stand there and shoot you and not take cover at all. It takes them like 12 seconds to get that your even shooting at them.

And yes more Co-op stuff please!

+ ndw4 on December 18th, 2009 at 7:28 am said:

Yes!!! Now where is some more DLC?

Arne Meyer's Avatar

+ Arne Meyer on December 18th, 2009 at 2:19 pm said:

We\’re not ready to announce our DLC plans yet. There will be more news on this relatively soon though.

+ Othello500 on December 18th, 2009 at 7:42 am said:

Thank you.

+ Bowdz on December 18th, 2009 at 7:46 am said:

Thank you Naughty Dog for the awesome stream of support for Uncharted 2! I have been completely hooked on the game ever since it released and these updates just make the experience even better. You guys rock!

+ SPARDA on December 18th, 2009 at 7:46 am said:

Nice fixes.

Eagerly waiting for some CO-OP DLC. Is something in the works?

Thanks

SPARDA

+ drdre74 on December 18th, 2009 at 7:47 am said:

YEAHHHHHHHH! Rematch was a must have and I’m glad it’s in there now. It would take way too long to get in a game and then have to redo the match making all over again after each game.

+ X_Brandon_X on December 18th, 2009 at 7:48 am said:

what about the “unable join party” error, me and my friends are getting this a lot lately and it’s really annoying

+ XxBigP123xX on December 18th, 2009 at 7:59 am said:

You guys are seriously trying to rip me away from MW2, and I love it.

Think you guys can add PSN presence data to display the game types and maps people are playing on?

Arne Meyer's Avatar

+ Arne Meyer on December 18th, 2009 at 2:23 pm said:

We\’ll look into it. We did update the presence data in the in-game friends list once in the original title update, to more accurate reflect what players were doing.

+ Foxx on December 18th, 2009 at 8:04 am said:

This sounds and looks great. I’ll be hopping on when I get home if I can get away from the Mod Nation Racers beta ;).

Keep up the great work guys!

+ DoomnY on December 18th, 2009 at 8:05 am said:

Hell ye! :D
Any chances for L2 R2 zoom and fire like Gears?

+ BiezulbubBill69 on December 18th, 2009 at 8:15 am said:

Naughty Dog always wins baby!!!! I still need to get this game! I think I’ll get it with my Christmas money! XD

+ Adyeniel on December 18th, 2009 at 8:15 am said:

Yes go ND the best game ever

+ whitwhit on December 18th, 2009 at 8:19 am said:

hey naughty dog are there any plans to take off the level cap? please being @ lv55 and needing over 4 mil to level up takes to much time at least 75,000 or 100,000 a match would be great please consider removing the cap it would make all the players who left the game come back and make them play!!!

Arne Meyer's Avatar

+ Arne Meyer on December 18th, 2009 at 2:30 pm said:

Nothing is out of the questions, but we aren\’t making any adjustments at this time to the per match cash award cap.

+ Chase167 on December 18th, 2009 at 8:22 am said:

Rematch yes

+ spunnups on December 18th, 2009 at 8:30 am said:

Thanks for all the support ND. I hope more coop and multiplayer maps are in store for our future.

+ Korbei83 on December 18th, 2009 at 8:31 am said:

So what about the $40k deductions? I haven’t been on since that was put in. It’s not even worth the risk considering I’ve never come close to making 40k in a game. I’d be in the negatives if I ever disconnected.

Arne Meyer's Avatar

+ Arne Meyer on December 18th, 2009 at 2:34 pm said:

The penalty is not applied for the first time you are recorded as leaving a match, because we didn\’t want to penalize right off the bat. It also resets after you\’re played a bit.

+ rafael_martines on December 18th, 2009 at 8:34 am said:

I want Rika Raja and Daniel Pinkerton Skins now! C’mon NaughtyDog, Don’t do that whith us! :(

Finally, thanks for update!

+ jazzyrider on December 18th, 2009 at 8:37 am said:

Thanks for the updates…will do this tonight!

+ DZORMAGEN on December 18th, 2009 at 8:41 am said:

Thanks for this nice up-date!

I think everyone or a lot of people want to know when the US is going to get the Rika Raja and Daniel Pinkerton Skins?

The EU store had them about 2 week ago…when will the US get them?

Arne Meyer's Avatar

+ Arne Meyer on December 18th, 2009 at 3:56 pm said:

We totally hear everyone\’s excitement about the Pinkteron and Rika skins. We\’re looking into seeing what we can do to get those out there for you.

+ hotshotdas on December 18th, 2009 at 8:43 am said:

All I can say is ABOUT TIME Naughty!

+ Jesteraron on December 18th, 2009 at 8:43 am said:

Thanks guys! We appreciate what you do!

+ saiclone on December 18th, 2009 at 8:49 am said:

No fix for the silly grenades in multiplayer?

I’ll pass.

Arne Meyer's Avatar

+ Arne Meyer on December 18th, 2009 at 10:20 pm said:

Actually, we like the current grenade balance. That doesn\’t mean we won\’t ever change it or can\’t — we just like the way the game feels with the current setting. We\’ll keep on eye on it.

+ TailsTheCat on December 18th, 2009 at 8:56 am said:

Modern Warfare 2 is one of the worst games ever made by one of the worst dev houses to ever exist. If you dont agree, you need to raise your standards.

Naughty Dog, thank you for so much wonderful support.

+ djtortilla on December 18th, 2009 at 9:05 am said:

thanks guys

+ Einhander138 on December 18th, 2009 at 9:08 am said:

It really is too bad the single player in this game is gimped by the pointless, tacked on multi-player mode.

Maybe you’ll learn your lesson for UC3 and make a proper *single* player game.

Arne Meyer's Avatar

+ Arne Meyer on December 18th, 2009 at 10:21 pm said:

Maybe it\’s not just your personal cup of tea. I think the great reviews for only our single player campaign says a lot about what we have been able to accomplish in that area.

+ sam_i_jam on December 18th, 2009 at 9:28 am said:

@ 35 (Einhander13):

You’re ridiculous my friend.

Perhaps you need to read up on the aggregated critical acclaim the multiplayer has received, in addition to the single-player campaign which is one of the greatest all-time adventures, superseding the original.

Your opinion is welcome, but certainly not agreed with by the majority of gamers and critics.

+ Blkant on December 18th, 2009 at 9:31 am said:

Hmm, so then, what is planned for christmas? :D

Also, any chance for the “Sanctuary?”s graveyard or chapel to become a new MP map? :D

Arne Meyer's Avatar

+ Arne Meyer on December 18th, 2009 at 10:22 pm said:

You\’ll find out in less than a week what\’s planned around the Christmas holiday!

+ a74jaan on December 18th, 2009 at 9:31 am said:

I love this game esp. the multiplayer. The single player game could have been better.

Also, I agree with whitwhit about the level cap limit.

ND should plan to take off the level cap. 75,000 a match would be fine. Anything more would be a reason for not wanting to play.

PLEASE consider a constant cap level for levels after 50. (say 75,000)

+ sam_i_jam on December 18th, 2009 at 9:31 am said:

@34 (TailstheCat):

Modern Warfare 2 is definitely a polished shooter with ridiculous production value and a pleasure to play through at least once.

Does that mean it’s better than Uncharted 2? I would definitely say “No way!”–Uncharted 2 is one of the greatest action/adventure titles I have ever played.

Still, it’s foolish to make claims about MW2 such as “one of the worst games ever made” when you know that’s an asinine claim.

+ oscar0071 on December 18th, 2009 at 9:36 am said:

what?!! if one thing that uncharted 2 do wonderfully was the single player experience
the graphics and gameplay is the best in years
all that with the pace and action its a masterpice

well beside that the multiplayer is good but i think that is a lot of flat

the options are rudimentary and the menus and matchmaking too and still is fun but o well

the only problem that i have is with deatmatchs my character frez and dont much for seconds almost at the level that i cant play a single match if one naugthy dog dev see this please check it out but the co op work perfectly for me no lag or freezing its strange

+ Mosh_Pit on December 18th, 2009 at 9:44 am said:

What are the boosters adjustments and can you raise cash cap for level 51+ please?

+ imex99 on December 18th, 2009 at 9:48 am said:

Great update!! Keep up the good work and can’t wait for some DLC.

+ MaDogNik96 on December 18th, 2009 at 10:05 am said:

Awesome! Does the faster load times for maps also apply to single-player? Also, could you make it so you can press up to reload like in the first game? I hope to see more DLC of maps from the first game (Like the courtyard) and maybe player skins from the Eye of Indra series. Keep up the good work!

+ OTCHILL on December 18th, 2009 at 10:16 am said:

that’s so cool could they also increase the cash limit from 50k to 100k thanx

+ Canuck4Life on December 18th, 2009 at 10:17 am said:

Great update! Thanks Naughty Dog for putting so much effort into continually updating the game and making the online even more fun!

Looking forward to the Christmas double cash weekend!

+ packy17 on December 18th, 2009 at 10:30 am said:

Can we get a Crushing playlist? My friend loves to play Co-Op with me but he doesn’t like the competitive MP because people take way too many bullets before they die. Also, the headshot hitbox seems really small.

Having said that, I love it anyway! I just can’t get anyone else from my list to play with me because everyone is a really high level by now and it does take some getting used to.

+ Solid-Snake-Eyes on December 18th, 2009 at 10:35 am said:

The load times and the lack of rematch were about my only complaints with U2 online, thanks for fixing both.

+ Einhander138 on December 18th, 2009 at 10:37 am said:

@37

Reviews can be bought.

I tried the MP myself and it sucked, and just proved to me it shouldn’t have been done.

Uncharted should be a SINGLE player game – nothing more.

Arne Meyer's Avatar

+ Arne Meyer on December 18th, 2009 at 10:25 pm said:

I think you may subscribe too much to conspiracy theories out there my friend. No such thing happened. :) Sorry to hear that you\’re not into MP games – we love it and so do thousands of others.

+ eNriqueLeGrand on December 18th, 2009 at 10:44 am said:

Does it fix character freezing, the game has been unplayable to me since the beta.

Arne Meyer's Avatar

+ Arne Meyer on December 18th, 2009 at 10:26 pm said:

You may want to check your internet connection if you\’re experiencing recurring character freezing or skipping.

PAGE 1 2