GTAV PS4

Coming to PSP: THE EYE OF JUDGMENT LEGENDS

Kumi Yuasa's Avatar + Posted by Kumi Yuasa on Dec 21, 2009 // Producer, SCEA

Hi everyone! I’m Kumi Yuasa, one of the US SCEA producers here in Santa Monica, and I’m here to introduce one of the newest fantasy titles to you, made especially for the PlayStation Portable system, THE EYE OF JUDGMENT LEGENDS. Much like the earlier version we released on the PS3, THE EYE OF JUDGEMENT LEGENDS is a digital card-based game that lets you collect, trade and battle magical creatures on the move that combines card trading, magic and adventure with the freedom to play wherever players want! Available as a download only from the PlayStation Store in Spring 2010, THE EYE OF JUDGMENT LEGENDS will be the perfect way to capture any gamer’s imagination wherever they are!

EOJP_logoEN091009FIX(layer copy

THE EYE OF JUDGMENT LEGENDS on the PSP packs a vast world of magic, mystery and battles into the palm of your hands. At its heart are more than 300 digital trading cards, over 30 of which are brand new to the franchise! What makes it even more portable is that the card collecting experience from the PS3 hit has been streamlined, no longer requiring the PlayStation Eye peripheral nor physical cards to be carried along with you. The PSP version’s digital cards can be earned by playing through the game, traded wirelessly from one PSP to another, won in battle with friends and enemies, and even bought from the PlayStation Store in future downloadable content releases. Each card features a monster, dragon, mage or mythical warrior with their own special skills ready to do battle against your opponent, and some cards are rare to come across. However, players must carefully choose among the cards they have collected to compile their ultimate deck. The cards are not lifeless images – these creatures come to life on screen springing out of their card and into attack, battling real time as they hack, slash and cast spells on each other. Deploy the right creatures from your deck to defeat your opponent and secure victory!

12_Duel01 copy 13_Duel02 copy

With more than 300 cards to collect, great adventures to be had and great times with friends to be enjoyed, THE EYE OF JUDGMENT LEGENDS is an essential PSP title for all lovers of fantasy, action and strategy.

I’ll leave you with that for now. Continue to check back here on the PSBlog for updates about the new single and multi player modes, plus other news on THE EYE OF JUDGEMENT LEGENDS!

20_Menu copy 04_Prologue01_Revised copy

PAGE 1 2

+ Jeigh on December 21st, 2009 at 3:04 pm said:

I could be mistaken, but it would seem from some of those screenshots that there’s actually a story in it this time? Am I correct in this assumption?

Kumi Yuasa's Avatar

+ Kumi Yuasa on December 21st, 2009 at 3:24 pm said:

Yes, there\’s a story mode this time! : )

+ mcbuttz78 on December 21st, 2009 at 3:06 pm said:

will the prevous decks be in the psp version, or will it be a whole new experience. How much will these new decks coast, how many cards in a deck and is this via ad hoc party working?? ty hope to pick this up? is digital download only or both

+ T3mpr1x on December 21st, 2009 at 3:09 pm said:

Cool, I might try this out. Would have been cool to use the camera accessory for a game like this, maybe as an option…
Anyway what will be the price?

Kumi Yuasa's Avatar

+ Kumi Yuasa on December 21st, 2009 at 3:38 pm said:

Sorry, no use of the camera accessory…

However I think you will enjoy the game with embedded cards. It\’s a different experience from the PS3 version.

Stay tuned for the price information.

+ TheTwelve on December 21st, 2009 at 3:14 pm said:

You all really soured me with this version of the game via PS3. I’ve never seen a franchise handled in such a poor way. Delays, shadiness, dishonesty and lies from the developers, producers and those involved.

It will take a LOT for me to want to buy this for my PSP. I’ll keep checking in. Having a storyline is a plus.

+ ShadowFox300 on December 21st, 2009 at 3:14 pm said:

Aw I thought they would make a second EYE of Judgment on the PS3. Oh well still looks cool to see another one on the PSP.

+ adz2k7 on December 21st, 2009 at 3:14 pm said:

I have Eye of Judgment for the PS3 and every single card. Really enjoyed that game :)

That makes this a must buy for me, providing it gets released in Europe that is ;)

+ EdgarFriendly on December 21st, 2009 at 3:16 pm said:

Will the fight animations be in this version as well?

+ JumpMan33 on December 21st, 2009 at 3:17 pm said:

Sweet, I loved the first game on the PS3 =) and I can’t wait to check this one out.
Hopefully after Sony’s new motion controller comes out and more people have the PS Eyes, a 2ed game for the PS3 gets announced.

Kumi Yuasa's Avatar

+ Kumi Yuasa on December 21st, 2009 at 4:19 pm said:

Thanks for your support on the franchise! I think you will enjoy the PSP version as well.

+ Towers76 on December 21st, 2009 at 3:20 pm said:

Day One purchase for me!

Kumi Yuasa's Avatar

+ Kumi Yuasa on December 21st, 2009 at 4:20 pm said:

Thanks for your kind word! :)

+ jiofreecs on December 21st, 2009 at 3:28 pm said:

Cool. Card game, on PSN, awesome screens. Sounds like something I’ll get when it comes out. Any thoughts as to pricing? I understand it won’t be for a while, but still…

+ D-Squad3 on December 21st, 2009 at 3:30 pm said:

Having the actual cards are more fun.

+ Yaholo on December 21st, 2009 at 3:36 pm said:

I am so stoked about this! This is perfect idea for a portable gaming system. I will definitely be on board for this.

As a fan of CCGs, let me just ask – PLEASE! make sure there is good card artwork. 3D models popping out on the field is cool, but we card players love browsing the artwork in our collections!

Kumi Yuasa's Avatar

+ Kumi Yuasa on December 21st, 2009 at 4:14 pm said:

We won\’t let you down. You will enjoy browsing the card artwork!

+ Zezzler on December 21st, 2009 at 3:39 pm said:

I’m Guessing its not compatible with the pspgo?

+ crowsticky1234 on December 21st, 2009 at 3:41 pm said:

I’m interested but I have a question, does this have infrastructure?

+ AKGermany on December 21st, 2009 at 3:44 pm said:

Can you get every card in the game through regular play or are there cards that you’ll have to buy (not talking about possible expansion sets which I assume you’d have to buy)?

How does buying cards online work? Will it be random luck, as if you’d buy a physical booster pack or can you select the cards you want?

+ depward on December 21st, 2009 at 3:44 pm said:

As someone who really enjoyed and loved The Eye of Judgment on the PS3 but stopped playing due to not having the space / time available to set it all up every time I wanted to play… this is awesome :) Can’t wait!

Kumi Yuasa's Avatar

+ Kumi Yuasa on December 21st, 2009 at 4:24 pm said:

Thanks for your support!
    Yes, PSP version is handy since you don\’t have to set up the peripherals and cards to play. I\’m sure existing EOJ fans will be satisfied with the PSP version too!

+ CherylRose on December 21st, 2009 at 3:50 pm said:

No umd version? Very upsetting because I was seriously considering buying this game….

+ Emiel on December 21st, 2009 at 3:52 pm said:

No retail version? Only download?

+ PullusPardusUS on December 21st, 2009 at 3:56 pm said:

would you guys support the cards more? they are really really hard to find and they don’t exist in where i live now.

im sure thats why you went to digital this time. but i loved the innovative idea and this game =]

+ PullusPardusUS on December 21st, 2009 at 3:59 pm said:

btw i also noticed you guys went to the anime style models, it fits the PSP perfectly! =]

+ ChaseHammerJ on December 21st, 2009 at 4:14 pm said:

you guys killed off the original EOJ on ps3 with overpriced expansion downloads and unavailable to purchase booster packs. You abandoned the game which was awesome with no marketing and left the game alone for over a year. Now you want me to purchase basically the same game again with less spiffy features such as card recognition by way of camera. Cmon. Ill pass.

sorry its how i feel.

+ npro681 on December 21st, 2009 at 4:15 pm said:

Will this be a PlayStation Network Release? I would love to be able to play this on my pspgo.

+ rxpapi12 on December 21st, 2009 at 4:29 pm said:

You guys rock for this, unfortunately I found your console release to be to time consiming having to deal with physical cards (although it was really fun :D) This will be an awesome alternative that I look forward too.

Kumi Yuasa's Avatar

+ Kumi Yuasa on December 21st, 2009 at 5:16 pm said:

Thanks for your comment.

With a story mode and new cards added to the franchise, PSP version is not a simple \”port\” from the PS3 version. I\’m sure all existing EOJ fans will be satisfied!

+ NEOSIMKIN on December 21st, 2009 at 4:55 pm said:

The move to all digital cards is exactly what I needed to put me over the edge and purchase this game. Will look forward to it this coming Spring. =)

One question: Does it have infrastructure mode support for online play?

+ Dryde on December 21st, 2009 at 5:02 pm said:

im OBSESSED with this franchise. and i look forward to this title. i just wish i can get set 3 cards in stores or online, there out of stock everywhere. ebay is the only way.

+ Sakimori_X on December 21st, 2009 at 5:11 pm said:

Nice! I liked EOJ for PS3, but always felt the camera accessory and physical card placement were both unnecessary. Would definitely get this day-one if a no-gimmick PSP version is in the works.

+ mgsfoxhound2 on December 21st, 2009 at 5:20 pm said:

is it possible to get more content made for the ps3 version

+ Zarxce on December 21st, 2009 at 5:25 pm said:

Download only makes me kind of sad (I have little space left on my memory stick). Maybe consider a UMD version?

+ KILLZONE79 on December 21st, 2009 at 5:54 pm said:

question: are we going to see more DLC for the PS3 version of Eye of Judgement?

and also, i noticed the cards are hard to find. can you point in the right direction where i can buy more cards for the PS3 version?

+ jds07 on December 21st, 2009 at 5:55 pm said:

Dang, I thought they were finally going to annouce a camera for the PSP and PSPgo. What’s the point of having that camera icon on the XMB, if they won’t release a camera peripheral in the US?

+ liketoski on December 21st, 2009 at 6:04 pm said:

I loved EOJ on PS3, but none of the card packs were in stores. Do you know which stores I can find them?

+ TakiFuGu on December 21st, 2009 at 6:22 pm said:

I love The Eye of Judgment game but I will not support them anymore. I invested heavily on the PS3 version and they totally ditched the game. Cards were scarce all over and in the end I ended up with a bunch of double, triple cards with set 2 and 3 unable to find anywhere.

+ Darkpen on December 21st, 2009 at 6:56 pm said:

I’m definitely interested. I was turned off from buying the first one for various reasons, but with this version have a story, nice art, and no need for buying cards, and apparently a story mode, I’m optimistic.

+ JumpMan33 on December 21st, 2009 at 7:03 pm said:

for those who were asking, i believe you can still get eoj cards off amazon.com

also, you might want to check out this world wide tournament event if your into eoj.

+ Ratchet426 on December 21st, 2009 at 8:32 pm said:

This is fantastic news! Glad to see the death of the EoJ franchise has been greatly exaggerated :-)

But Sony; please, Please, PLEASE show some love for all of us loyal PS3 EoJ fans and give us the updated/balanced/new cards in *physical* form, and a patch so we can enjoy all of the benefits you’ve brought to the PSP version.

Eye of Judgment PS3 still has a very loyal fanbase and it would really be a disservice to all of us (not to mention a missed marketing opportunity) if the PS3 version didn’t get some kind of update to be on par with the new PSP Legends.

Think of all the cool and innovative PSPPS3 options you could enable by bringing the PS3 version up to speed with the new cards and story mode too!

Again, fantastic news! Looking forward to Legends!!

+ sjabth on December 22nd, 2009 at 12:33 am said:

This is just awesome news. I’ve been playing EoJ since day one and I love it.

I have no plans though to spend money on digital copies of the cards I already have paid for once. Is there a way to export your PS3 collection to the PSP?

+ Poxxer on December 22nd, 2009 at 4:36 am said:

Eye of Judgment is a great game. I enjoyed the Augment Reality aspect with the collectible cards (when I could get the lighting correct).

A downloadable content based version that is portable should be a hit with CCG gamers.

Nicely down.

+ aliseea on December 22nd, 2009 at 5:19 am said:

Great!!! Great news! Im speechless…
Good job!

+ Viprdude on December 22nd, 2009 at 5:53 am said:

Kumi,

I was wondering if the cards we have purchased can be used in the PSP game or will there be no connectivity or ability to transfer cards already purchased onto the PSP system?

Thanks,
Kyle

+ Mosh_Pit on December 22nd, 2009 at 6:18 am said:

Wow very nice!!! I got the ps3 version with the full 3 sets card collection. Can’t wait to pick this one up. Oh and is there any online functionality??

+ DLM16A2 on December 22nd, 2009 at 6:27 am said:

Couple of questions:

Will there be any interaction with the PS3 version like unlocking the cards that you have the physical verion of? Or will you have to repurchase the digital copy?

Will the new 30 cards be available for the PS3 version (physical or maybe digital support through a patch)?

Is there a predetermined timeline for future support like only having 3 sets for the PS3 version?

Finally, Will there still be any continued support for the PS3 version parallel to the PSP releases or is that one dead and gone?

+ FilliamHMuffman on December 22nd, 2009 at 6:42 am said:

I wish you would continue support for the PS3 somehow, but at least the game will continue in some form. The camera gimmick and the requirement to buy software updates and buy the actual cards turned many people off from a great game.

+ LordRaoh on December 22nd, 2009 at 7:24 am said:

will there be any more games like Eye of Judgment coming to the PS3?

I feel like i bought the camera thinking there would be a lot more support for it, i was expecting a few more original games like EoJ as well as maybe Yugioh, Magic the Gathering, Marvel VS.

Can we expect more PlayStation Eye support outside of the motion controller in 2010?

+ k1ngsnak3 on December 22nd, 2009 at 7:58 am said:

This is fantastic news (or update since I think word about this hit the web a month ago). I loved playing the PS3 version and this is going to be a must have, especially if the card mechanics stay relatively the same. Great!!!

+ KILLER_SHARK_EOJ on December 22nd, 2009 at 10:37 am said:

Just like to warn any new players, that last time Sony released a new set on the PS3 version they abandoned all support for the game after players spent £1000’s on collecting the cards, and they left the game in a mess with very few cards able to compete in the game, manly due to a select few overpowering cards that still ruin the game today, Sony never made any attempt to respond to the community or correct the problems, I would think twice before buying this game

+ crusher915 on December 22nd, 2009 at 12:58 pm said:

THERE IS A SIMPLE WAY YOU COULD USE TE CAMERA YOU WOULD HOLD UP the cards in front of the camera and use the buttons on the psp to place it. (if the camera can do that that is)

+ eatthemall on December 22nd, 2009 at 1:06 pm said:

when will Squad7.net lunch?

+ waypoetic on December 22nd, 2009 at 3:16 pm said:

LOL! The game is known for the integration with the PS Eye, BUT, the PSP version does not have this support. I hope no one buys this game and supports your lazyness.

+ BalramRules on December 22nd, 2009 at 4:25 pm said:

Sweeeet, this sounds AWESOME!

PAGE 1 2