PlayStation Vue - One Punch Man

Dec 21

Dec 21

MAG is Gold, Beta for Everyone Soon

Jeremy Dunham's Avatar Posted by Sr. Community Manager, Zipper Interactive

On behalf of everyone at Zipper Interactive, I’m proud to announce that following our successful series of beta programs this past fall, our 256-player first-person shooting spectacular, MAG, has gone gold in North America, Japan, Korea, and the rest of Asia. It is now headed off to manufacturing so that the game can make it from store shelves to PlayStation 3s all over the world. Expect MAG to drop on January 26 in North America and Asia, January 28 in Japan, and January 29 in Korea.

MAG Packfront Final!

The European discs are finishing up final quality assurance rounds right now and we expect to see those editions go gold sometime in the next few weeks.

We realize that the wait is still more than a month away, which is why we’re also pleased to announce a cool little surprise (or should I say, a “great, big surprise?”) to tide you over. In an effort to give you a taste of what to expect with the final version of MAG, Zipper and Sony Computer Entertainment will team up on January 4 to bring you our final and 100% open PSN beta.

But what’s so great about MAG Beta 5? Well, to start, it will take place worldwide — so if you’re in a territory with a PlayStation 3 and an Internet connection, you qualify to be a part of it. What’s more is that you won’t need any special permissions or code keys to participate, you’ll just get it and go! Complete access to the game’s 64-player sabotage and 256-player Domination modes are pretty good reasons to get excited too.

Of course, the best news about MAG Beta 5 is that you’ll be able to download the client in North America starting tomorrow, December 22! Additionally, PS3 owners in Asia can start downloading the file on December 25, while the European store will make it available on January 4. Check back for details on Japanese PSN store access in the near future.

Now that you know where to get the MAG Beta, your path to playing it is a simple three-step process:

1. Log on to the PlayStation Store (tomorrow) and download the MAG Beta file like you would any other freely-available PSN video or demo (298 MB)
  2. Launch the MAG Beta program from your XMB to download a special patch that will restart MAG once the update has been received (another 38 MB)
  3. After the reboot, the beta will reconnect and download the actual game data so that you can play (1.8 GB – 2.3 GB depending on your region)

Complete the steps above and you’ll be ready to rock ‘n roll — and shoot things and blow stuff up — until the beta ends on January 10 at 11:59 pm Pacific Time. Keep in mind, though, that you won’t actually be able to play the MAG beta directly until the servers go live at 5 am Pacific on January 4. But hey, look at the bright side: this is the last time you’ll ever have to download a MAG file this big (since the data will already be on the retail disc when it ships next month), and you’ll save a whole lot of extra shooting time by downloading what you need early on; thus allowing you to jump into the action immediately on the 4th.

Oh, and one last thing before I go: I know I speak for everyone here at Zipper Interactive when I say that each and every one of us wishes you and yours a happy and safe holiday season. Thank you very much for supporting our community and our game in 2009, and we look forward to giving you exactly what you’ve been waiting for in 2010!

MAG screenshot new

Add Your Own

Talyis said:

December 21st, 3:51 pm

Just wandering if the game will be released with a headset like SOCOM, I really hope so during the beta’s it was really annoying when the leader had no headset it made it really difficult. I even have a headset already but I don’t care if I get another as long as the people I’m playing with no excuse to not use it!

xplosneer said:

December 21st, 4:06 pm

Question:
Any little prize for being a beta tester(costume :) )? I’ve was in since private so any phase would do xD

xmd1996 said:

December 21st, 5:05 pm

Hey jef plz reply but if we download the beta game will we have to buy it in order to continue playing the game agian when it is released

ldc97 said:

December 21st, 5:28 pm

there having problems with the mag online i heard its true because i have the game

ZeroEightNine said:

December 21st, 5:29 pm

Awesome Cannot Wait.

AxCrege said:

December 21st, 5:31 pm

Dudes you guys are the best
Massively Awesome Game
btw thx for the beta 5

phinnv8 said:

December 21st, 5:37 pm

For marketing reasons this should have been called “Demo for everyone soon”.

KILLZONE79 said:

December 21st, 6:02 pm

Fricking sweetness :) thank you zipper and sony you guys rock!

KILLZONE79 said:

December 21st, 6:22 pm

Question: Will the MAG beta forum unlock then to provide more feedback for this final beta?

SyphonFilter- said:

December 21st, 6:46 pm

If that is a hint about SOCOM 4 at the end i will be the happiest person in the world,. I will throw my tv out the window if it’s confirmed.

THE-D1RTY-77 said:

December 21st, 7:10 pm

you know i was lucky to score a code to try this out and only played one day of this game, and that was the last day the beta was open…and i was actually impressed, whats funny was that i only played 3 matches

the game is pretty solid, you guys are just making me feel closer to pre-ordering the game

Giru017 said:

December 21st, 7:25 pm

Jeremy Dunham: “we have different data in this beta (specifically, maps)”
Does this mean we will get new Sabotage/Domination maps!!? I drool at the thought of that. Thanks so much for Beta 5, I was going through severe MAG withdrawal symptoms xD

Jeremy Dunham's Avatar

Jeremy Dunham said:

December 21st, 8:45 pm

Nope, just different data within those maps (asset related).

The maps themselves are still specifically designed by faction as they were in the previous betas in which they appeared.

C0MBATIBLE said:

December 21st, 7:34 pm

I havent taken part in prior BETA’s will that prevent me from taking part in this next BETA?

DeathScythHell said:

December 21st, 8:10 pm

What I want to know is if there is a certain time the beta releases tomorrow and how you choose the commanders. Are the selected commanders based on rank progression or random thought?

sindiewen said:

December 21st, 8:32 pm

As i only played 1 game in the beta of MAG (beta 4, night of the closing of it), it reminded me so much of SOCOM. I went and picked up SOCOM Combined Assault agian because i was reminded of how much fun it was because of MAG.

Zipper, Great Job on making an amazing shooter that i’ll take over Call of Duty ANY day. Team Work over run-n-guning is beter.

CoolMacMan said:

December 21st, 9:24 pm

In my experience with the beta, the graphics were bad and matchmaking was incredibly long. Will either be fixed in the final game?

russiamustdie said:

December 21st, 9:33 pm

wait are you saying tomorrow for america no catch?

SaintX6 said:

December 21st, 10:03 pm

Hi there,
just wondering if the Boxart for the Asian version of MAG will be the same as the US version? Cause the US version boxart really is awesome

TheInsaneHatter said:

December 21st, 10:19 pm

So we won’t be able to play the beta until the 4th?

Zowbaid said:

December 21st, 10:20 pm

I LOVE YOU ZIPPER!!!!!

eckoman1 said:

December 21st, 10:54 pm

Are there dedicated servers?? please say yes!! lol

LOGic1607 said:

December 21st, 10:55 pm

Sweet ive been wanting to get a go with this game, sweet

H3llMafia said:

December 22nd, 3:01 am

This pre-loading thing, will this become a normal feature in the PSN store? Allowing users to download games, add-on before it is officialy release so we can play as soon as it comes out. Like Steam.

DTHCND said:

December 22nd, 5:59 am

So we can ALL download it today a 5am Pacific?

DTHCND said:

December 22nd, 6:01 am

…Wait it is 5am… I don’t see it in the store… :(

rye10516 said:

December 22nd, 6:09 am

hey, its tommorow, where do i download it?

SpiderJ95 said:

December 22nd, 6:23 am

At what time will we be able to download this? Please don’t let it be at 6PM EST. It is a pain because that is when I play my games. I’d rather download during the day.

DTHCND said:

December 22nd, 6:43 am

@rye10516 idk lol

rye10516 said:

December 22nd, 6:53 am

@DTHCND well it doesnt really matter, as we cant play it until Jan. 4th, if i read correctly

X_GaMeR_X-_- said:

December 22nd, 7:53 am

nicee

TheReij said:

December 22nd, 8:05 am

Hoping for an announcement when the beta will be available for download. Can’t wait to play this game.

DADDYB21 said:

December 22nd, 8:48 am

i cant find it???? searched for mag and got nothing but videos and such in the store!!!help

Dekaku said:

December 22nd, 9:30 am

First: Thanks for giving us the opportunity to test this game.
one question though: Will there be differences between the versions of mag (Beta and full version) depending on your country? I mean not such minor differences like the used language (sproken/written, english/french/japanese/german […]) but differences like blood/no blood etc.
Or will everyone play the exact same beta/full game?

And the europes can download it “only” at the beginning of the last beta? xD
interesting headstart for us, but like i said at the beginning, thanks for the opportunity.

Stovohobo said:

December 22nd, 10:20 am

Yeah, I’m not seeing the file to download anywhere in the PS Store. Help, please?

SuperCoOper777 said:

December 22nd, 10:29 am

I haven’t played any of the betas but have been anxiously waiting for the game’s release so this new open beta a very good move on zippers part to help wrangle in new potential buyers. I myself have already told my friends about the beta in hopes it will get them to buy it.

punish_ignorance said:

December 22nd, 11:10 am

uhm ok its available today and i went on to download it on the store but where is it? i couldnt find it. i typed in “MAG Beta” and i didnt see the file. some1 fill me in on where i go plz

DertyDem0n said:

December 22nd, 11:17 am

I want to be part of this! Hell yeah!

xx_NoOB_PWN37_xx said:

December 22nd, 11:20 am

Hey! I’ve figured out how to download it! ONLY IF YOU WERE ON THE PRIVATE BETA! First, go to your downloads list, and look for: MAG Private Beta. Download that and you’re all set! Install it and start it up, the game will download and install the mentioned 38 MB and 1.8 GB files. After that you can start playing! ^_^ Woot for girl power!

Feltit said:

December 22nd, 11:25 am

Where do people who haven’t been in the beta before download this?

punish_ignorance said:

December 22nd, 11:25 am

wait so if you werent in the private beta you cant download it? thats pretty f***ed up if you ask me. JD help cause you said its free to every1 and i think i qualify under the list of every1.

punish_ignorance said:

December 22nd, 11:27 am

wait so you can only download it if you were on the private beta? thats really f***ed up if you ask me. JD you said this would be free to every1. so plz get on here and help cause i think i qualify for every1 and i wasnt in the private beta.

punish_ignorance said:

December 22nd, 11:39 am

wow so your not gonna get on YOUR blog post and help us Jeremy Dunham. you need to get on here and help us out because sony has yet again screwed up with a promise. its not anywhere on the store so yea. get on and fix your “little” problem for your HUGE promise

Dominator09-_ said:

December 22nd, 12:13 pm

Um… I went on the Playstation Network store, and there was NO area that said anything about downloading the Beta. SOMEONE HELP*!!! *-Please and thank you

SippiHUN said:

December 22nd, 12:15 pm

Where can i find that Beta file in the store?

Dominator09-_ said:

December 22nd, 12:20 pm

yea SippiHUN I’m having the same issue. Also, It’s an open Beta, correct? Because I was 2 days late on the Gamestop Beta.

pto95 said:

December 22nd, 12:25 pm

is mag an only multiplayer game or it has a story mode

punish_ignorance said:

December 22nd, 12:27 pm

yea its an open Beta but i cant find the file its supposed to be available but its not.

@147- pto95 it is an online multiplayer game only. look at the boxart. it says so top right corner.

Dominator09-_ said:

December 22nd, 12:28 pm

Only multiplayer BUT there is a story within the online gameplay

punish_ignorance said:

December 22nd, 12:30 pm

im not the only one who cant find the Beta right? its supposed to be available but i dont see it ANYWHERE

punish_ignorance said:

December 22nd, 12:47 pm

fricken where is the beta?! i really want the beta where is it?!