Bloodborne

MAG is Gold, Beta for Everyone Soon

Jeremy Dunham's Avatar + Posted by Jeremy Dunham on Dec 21, 2009 // Sr. Community Manager, Zipper Interactive

On behalf of everyone at Zipper Interactive, I’m proud to announce that following our successful series of beta programs this past fall, our 256-player first-person shooting spectacular, MAG, has gone gold in North America, Japan, Korea, and the rest of Asia. It is now headed off to manufacturing so that the game can make it from store shelves to PlayStation 3s all over the world. Expect MAG to drop on January 26 in North America and Asia, January 28 in Japan, and January 29 in Korea.

MAG Packfront Final!

The European discs are finishing up final quality assurance rounds right now and we expect to see those editions go gold sometime in the next few weeks.

We realize that the wait is still more than a month away, which is why we’re also pleased to announce a cool little surprise (or should I say, a “great, big surprise?”) to tide you over. In an effort to give you a taste of what to expect with the final version of MAG, Zipper and Sony Computer Entertainment will team up on January 4 to bring you our final and 100% open PSN beta.

But what’s so great about MAG Beta 5? Well, to start, it will take place worldwide — so if you’re in a territory with a PlayStation 3 and an Internet connection, you qualify to be a part of it. What’s more is that you won’t need any special permissions or code keys to participate, you’ll just get it and go! Complete access to the game’s 64-player sabotage and 256-player Domination modes are pretty good reasons to get excited too.

Of course, the best news about MAG Beta 5 is that you’ll be able to download the client in North America starting tomorrow, December 22! Additionally, PS3 owners in Asia can start downloading the file on December 25, while the European store will make it available on January 4. Check back for details on Japanese PSN store access in the near future.

Now that you know where to get the MAG Beta, your path to playing it is a simple three-step process:

1. Log on to the PlayStation Store (tomorrow) and download the MAG Beta file like you would any other freely-available PSN video or demo (298 MB)
  2. Launch the MAG Beta program from your XMB to download a special patch that will restart MAG once the update has been received (another 38 MB)
  3. After the reboot, the beta will reconnect and download the actual game data so that you can play (1.8 GB – 2.3 GB depending on your region)

Complete the steps above and you’ll be ready to rock ‘n roll — and shoot things and blow stuff up — until the beta ends on January 10 at 11:59 pm Pacific Time. Keep in mind, though, that you won’t actually be able to play the MAG beta directly until the servers go live at 5 am Pacific on January 4. But hey, look at the bright side: this is the last time you’ll ever have to download a MAG file this big (since the data will already be on the retail disc when it ships next month), and you’ll save a whole lot of extra shooting time by downloading what you need early on; thus allowing you to jump into the action immediately on the 4th.

Oh, and one last thing before I go: I know I speak for everyone here at Zipper Interactive when I say that each and every one of us wishes you and yours a happy and safe holiday season. Thank you very much for supporting our community and our game in 2009, and we look forward to giving you exactly what you’ve been waiting for in 2010!

MAG screenshot new

PAGE 1 3 4 5 6

+ amdrocks on December 22nd, 2009 at 5:39 pm said:

Really PI? Cause that the path I just did and the BETA was right before all the videos on the list. I’m getting the game file right now. Does Sony of PS store servers in multiple locations?

+ amdrocks on December 22nd, 2009 at 5:40 pm said:

LOL Disregard then! Enjoy

+ neneng0716 on December 22nd, 2009 at 5:46 pm said:

thank you amdrocks for the info. Just a few comments to PSN; if MAG is so hyped.. why is it not mentioned in the PSN that the beta is up… Gamers who do not go to blog like this wouldn’t know, marketing for PSN stuff really sucks!!

+ JeepUltra on December 22nd, 2009 at 5:49 pm said:

It’s up. Happy Happy Joy Joy

+ TheInsaneHatter on December 22nd, 2009 at 6:41 pm said:

Looooooong updates x.x But oh well, it’ll be worth it.

+ Feltit on December 22nd, 2009 at 6:45 pm said:

Can anyone actually join any games?

+ whiteshadow9 on December 22nd, 2009 at 6:53 pm said:

Is there a limit on how many your are giving away?

+ GalacticUnicorn on December 22nd, 2009 at 7:24 pm said:

@whiteshadow9

– No, there is no limit as to how many they’re giving away.

@Feltit
– No, not until January 4th.

+ xSpamMusubix on December 22nd, 2009 at 7:48 pm said:

Getting it now! W00t! I can’t even imagine a game like this with up to 256 players. That’s just crazy!

+ omgshoed on December 22nd, 2009 at 8:17 pm said:

ugh, i should have read this before i bought army of two. :( BUT YAY! MAG IS COMING OUT FOR THE FIRST TIME FOR ME! THIS MAY BE THE GAME THAT STARTS OFF MY LONG CAREER IN FIRST PERSON SHOOTERS! YAY! hopefully it goes well!

+ honkery on December 22nd, 2009 at 8:21 pm said:

Okay so this announcement confuses me. When will the USA be able to PLAY the beta? January 4 or December 22?

+ GalacticUnicorn on December 22nd, 2009 at 8:36 pm said:

The Beta is available for DOWNLOAD on December 22nd. It’s available to PLAY on January 4th.

+ legend8716 on December 22nd, 2009 at 8:47 pm said:

Can’t wait until Jan. 4th! From the demos I’ve been watching, I know this will be the best game out there!

+ neneng0716 on December 22nd, 2009 at 8:59 pm said:

Download is taking so long I am sleepy now. I am too is excited to try it on January 4th hope it’s all worth it.

+ SuperCoOper777 on December 22nd, 2009 at 10:09 pm said:

I found the beta too and it’s next on my download list but I don’t get excited though so i’m good for the wait hahaha

+ SuperCoOper777 on December 22nd, 2009 at 10:10 pm said:

Oh and the final cover art looks great I love all the elements in it. the helicopter catches my eye the most and what’s happening to it.

+ SuperCoOper777 on December 22nd, 2009 at 10:25 pm said:

So now that everyone is calmed down what PMC are you going to choose. I am choosing Raven when the servers go up because of their sleek look and tactical nature.

+ hellofahat on December 22nd, 2009 at 11:14 pm said:

Thank you for this! Best Christmas present I’ve gotten in a while, even if I can’t use it until after the holidays!

+ GalacticUnicorn on December 22nd, 2009 at 11:32 pm said:

@SuperCoOper777

That’s most likely what I’ll choose, too. I’ve always been one for aesthetics and state-of-the-art.

+ Odium_Generis on December 23rd, 2009 at 12:57 am said:

Look at these comments! 4 1/2 pages of screaming children! All the confusion came from the fact that you guys never read the article. Seriously, you all sound(ed) ridiculous until the store was updated. I HOPE YOU GUYS LEARNED SOMETHING ABOUT YOURSELVES TODAY. It’s so sad…

+ sway_blaze on December 23rd, 2009 at 1:21 am said:

yo MAG Is the fuking game of the year yall should keep it beta 4 xmas wishes lol 4real do yall went hard with mag good looks wit the game

+ Slayer612 on December 23rd, 2009 at 3:09 am said:

Wow thats completely stupid a week-long beta? Seriously? I have other things in life going on! Maybe you guys should up those servers for my Christmas break! This annoys the hell out of me.

+ EyeBumGaze on December 23rd, 2009 at 4:22 am said:

All you people crying that the Beta starts after the holidays……..dont you think that maybe the folk at Zipper want to enjoy THEIR holiday period too?
This is a stress test on the servers,so will require their expertise.
Grow up and be patient.
Oh yeah,M.A.G Beta is awesome as I was lucky enough to be involved earlier :)

+ TailsTheCat on December 23rd, 2009 at 5:12 am said:

Short worldwide beta. More than six days are needed. Thisll be one of those game I pick up after the first few patches.

+ rye10516 on December 23rd, 2009 at 6:17 am said:

OK, this is how i found it:
1. go to store
2. choose view all by title
3. letter m
4. choose MAg
5. win.

credits go to amdrocks

+ bashinskulls17 on December 23rd, 2009 at 7:02 am said:

man i cant wait for this dude the open beta im so ready to get that omg that game owns mw2 and mag both kick ass so ya cant wait to c 256 of u guys kick ass when it comes out also

+ vrivasjr on December 23rd, 2009 at 8:26 am said:

Hi, so I played the BETA and now that you guys announce you’re going GOLD there’s one thing that’s freaking me out, completely.
The sounds of the guns, specially when you’re being hit by them. They sound as if people were shooting peanut guns. I hope you guys fixed that sound.

I’m telling you this because I’m getting A LOT of people to play this game but some of them refused to played during the previous beta. They are willing to try this beta now if that sound was fixed.

I loved everything about the game and I have it on reserve but if my friends are reluctant to play it. It’s just not worth it.

Please tell us a few hints on what’s been fixed ? If you can, if not, I guess we’ll just have to wait and see the final product or even the beta itself.

+ Permafry_42 on December 23rd, 2009 at 10:05 am said:

MAG Beta: HELLZ YEAH! (just a little PSP reference =D)

+ aleezada on December 23rd, 2009 at 10:55 am said:

It took 5 1/2 hours to download but… IT WAS WORTH IT!

+ EireannachGarson on December 23rd, 2009 at 1:10 pm said:

i can’t get past the character management screen! everything loaded smoothly until i got to the character management screen. on the left hand side i can see a news column and on the right side i see to flashing white brackets but there is nothing inside of them brackets. the “x” button doesn’t do anything. the only but that works besides the ps button is the “o” button for the license. my friend is also having this problem, anyone else?

+ alexandro2K on December 23rd, 2009 at 1:15 pm said:

@eireannachgarson that is happening to everyone. The thing is you won’t be able to play until Jan 4 right now you could only download it to have a head start on Jan 4

+ SuperCoOper777 on December 23rd, 2009 at 2:08 pm said:

Ok, I started the Beta after installing it and now I’m “Receiving updates…” and noted that I started at 1:40 PM on 12/23/09 so now I am going to come back periodically to inform you on the progress of the update. I’ll inform you of the exact time that it reaches completion for me to give you an estimation of how long it takes to completely finish from start to end considering all connections are different and mine is about average and is wireless it may vary on how your set-up is. And again now that everyone can get the beta, what PMC are you going to choose and why? And kudos to GalacticUnicorn for getting back with an answer.My answer is at #218.

+ SuperCoOper777 on December 23rd, 2009 at 2:37 pm said:

Ok the update finished at 2:32 PM on 12/23/09 so it took EXACTLY 52 MINUTES to complete the update after starting the beta. hoped this helped sooth your anxiety.

+ GalacticUnicorn on December 23rd, 2009 at 5:17 pm said:

Looks like I’m going to be the only to answer your question, SuperCooper.

+ mill3roNfir3 on December 23rd, 2009 at 7:05 pm said:

i really hope zipper dont come out with a online game only and it lags etc dont do like socom that game was bad. when this game comes out keep the patches coming and the dlc flowing. and give us in game music please

+ antibodies on December 24th, 2009 at 2:05 am said:

I am wondering how this game can take so many users in one match , I mean 256 players! wouldn’t that make the problem of lagging because of a bad connection,and would there be the problem of host migration?

+ GalacticUnicorn on December 24th, 2009 at 10:06 am said:

I’ve wondered the same thing, Antibodies. I’m just hoping that Zipper has thought all that through and found some way to counter the problems.

+ punish_ignorance on December 24th, 2009 at 3:12 pm said:

ok ao im sure no1 from Zipper is online right now but if you could could you put up the servers early for like a 2 or 3 day period for christmas? we are all dying to go shoot it up and it would make christmas soo much funner to play MAG during it. my break has been boring so yea just a question or suggestion that i hope will happen.

+ XxICEMANxX90 on December 24th, 2009 at 4:09 pm said:

im so anxious for this game to release. I hope i can score a beta code. anyone with extra codes can they send me one? [DELETED]

+ KING_OF_SAND on December 24th, 2009 at 10:34 pm said:

This is ridiculous. I was kicked off of the MAG beta the week it was released (private beta) for making 1 video several months ago on it, a video showing how awesome this game was. And i just now downloaded it and i am still kicked off. ZIPPER WTF, its free on the PSN now PLEASE for the love of god let me be able to get back on. oh and BTW what i did was not in the user agreement i read it like 5 times. if you can find anything in the agreement that mentions other than showing glitches or cheats which i did not do please tell me.

+ EyeBumGaze on December 25th, 2009 at 4:32 am said:

XxICEMANxX90 | December 24th, 2009 at 4:09 pm

Erm,did you not read what we all read?
The beta is coming for EVERYBODY on Jan 4th 2010.

+ gamematt1 on December 25th, 2009 at 7:04 pm said:

I cant wait until the 26th i havent been able to get my hands on a beta code so im like really exited!!!!!!!

hope to see ya on the battlefield

+ GalacticUnicorn on December 26th, 2009 at 1:06 pm said:

GameMatt, there are no beta codes for this beta. All you have to do is download the game beta and install everything. Then you’ve just got to sit back until the servers are opened on January 4th.

+ glennis1 on December 28th, 2009 at 11:28 am said:

I preordered this game in june i have had a countdown on my comment on my profile ever since and i cant wait to change from 1 DAY UNTIL MAG!!!!! to MAG IS AWESOME!!!!!!

+ TRUEMAGGOT4life on December 28th, 2009 at 11:50 pm said:

I already downloaded the BETA and phew! It took quite a while. I’m pretty sure it will be worth e it though. Thank you zipper! Also just pre-ordered MAG on amazon today :)
Oh I have a question for JD, will MAG have something similar to traditional Team Death match?

+ FREERobotech on December 29th, 2009 at 2:09 am said:

i just wanted to know if even though all three of the faction’s weapons are different but are they evenly matched or is anyone faction’s weapos stronger and also why is the beta only six days long why cant it end on the 15th or 20th to keep us entertain meanwhile…other than that i think you guys hit a homerun with this game!

+ Assasinkiller507 on December 29th, 2009 at 8:34 pm said:

M.A.G is awsome but I have one concern can u go prone and can you shoot with out aiming

+ Mighty-LordNes on December 30th, 2009 at 12:07 am said:

FreeRobotech, this beta is mostly a way to find out if everything will work as planned. That’s why it is given only to selected players at first. Now they’re testing the massive gameplay with 256 players. Betas are NOT demos, they are TESTS!

EyeBumGaze > XxICEMANxX90 LOL!

+ playing-my-games on December 30th, 2009 at 12:11 am said:

this game is fricken sweet

+ Mighty-LordNes on December 30th, 2009 at 12:28 am said:

I hate reading all the damn stupid comments again and again, but you’re all lucky I’m feeling a little helpful tonight so here it goes:

YES it is downloadable December 22nd

NO! For my ball’s sake! You can NOT play it or even log on untill Jan. the 4th!!!

NOOO! You don’t need a freaking code! Just go to your damn PSN and download it on the PSN store!

And thanks for the help SuperCoOper777 but I don’t know if you’ve heard, but times vary on all connections. Not such a bad post, but I just wanna warn everyone else on it. Mine just took 15 Mins. with turbo internet.

There! All posts turned into one. Unless you didn’t see this, then you’ll be asking the same stupid questions later on. You are welcome!!!

PAGE 1 3 4 5 6