GTAV PS4

District 9 with God of War III – Own it NOW on Blu-ray

Ken Chan's Avatar + Posted by Ken Chan on Dec 22, 2009 // Product Manager, SCEA

Yes, it’s the holidays… a time for giving and of course, the best part… receiving! =)

Adding to my Christmas Wish List this year (Hint to any of my family and friends reading this blog) is long awaited Blu-Ray release of District 9.

Starting with a gorgeous 1.85:1 1080p transfer, and DTS-HD 5.1 Master Audio Mix, the District 9 movie disc include a Interactive Map feature “Joburg from Above: Satellite and Schematics of the World of District 9,” which provides a highly detailed environmental exploration of the world through a series of interactive satellite maps, technology schematics and photo-real files; and movieIQ, which allows viewers to immediately access continuously updated information on the cast & crew and explore relevant trivia such as production facts, music and soundtrack information all tied to scenes within the movie.

But what makes this Blu-Ray release really special, is the inclusion of the highly sought after God of War III E3 2009 Demo! For the die-hard God of War fans, be sure to add this Blu-ray to your library collection as those that complete the demo will unlock an exclusive making of featurette about God of War III.

PAGE 1 2

+ GAM3R_16 on December 22nd, 2009 at 3:32 pm said:

Sweet, I’m off to Walmart right now!

+ Kchow23 on December 22nd, 2009 at 3:32 pm said:

Is there any difference between getting this and the god of war collection? I’m still getting it just cause its a great movie but I already have the demo from GOW collection

Ken Chan's Avatar

+ Ken Chan on December 22nd, 2009 at 3:54 pm said:

It\’s the same demo. The only difference between the two is that the GOW3 demo is built into the District 9 Blue-ray movie, while GOW Collection included a voucher download through the PS Store

+ Korbei83 on December 22nd, 2009 at 3:32 pm said:

Shameless promotion but I like it. Personally I think God of War Collection is the better value.

Korbei recommends

+ Craiji on December 22nd, 2009 at 3:33 pm said:

Got mine delivered to me at work this morning, can not wait to watch it tonight

+ Prophetic77 on December 22nd, 2009 at 3:34 pm said:

Is this on a seperate disc? Because i rented, and the movie disc does not include the demo.

Ken Chan's Avatar

+ Ken Chan on December 22nd, 2009 at 4:58 pm said:

On the same Blu-Ray disc. You should be able to access it on the XMB, under Game tab

+ solaceinsound on December 22nd, 2009 at 3:34 pm said:

if you were a die hard GoW fan you’d probably already have the GoW Collection that comes with the demo, or would have reserved GoW 3 and gotten a demo for reserving.

but still a valid option if you need a 3rd copy of the demo, stick it in someone’s stocking! make christmas red with blood!

+ DZORMAGEN on December 22nd, 2009 at 3:34 pm said:

UPDATE THE PSN STORE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

+ Prophetic77 on December 22nd, 2009 at 3:35 pm said:

Is this on a seperate disc, becasuse i rented it and the movie disc does not include it.

Ken Chan's Avatar

+ Ken Chan on December 22nd, 2009 at 4:59 pm said:

Its on the same Blue-Ray disc. You can access by going to the Game tab on the XMB menu

+ T3mpr1x on December 22nd, 2009 at 3:35 pm said:

DTS-HD 5.1 eh? So glad I finally got a compatible receiver and have 7.1, I’m ready for the NEXT generation of movies! :)

+ XxBigP123xX on December 22nd, 2009 at 3:35 pm said:

I felt ripped off when I bought the God of War Collection because I didn’t get a demo code with my game.

+ mywhitenoise on December 22nd, 2009 at 3:38 pm said:

I AM THE GOD OF WAR!!!

+ SoYoung on December 22nd, 2009 at 3:38 pm said:

why not included the GoW3 Demo on the disc of the GoW Collection with the featurette instead of a voucher?

Its non-sense that the core GoW game itself have less in feature then a movie that have nothing in common with GoW3.

+ harv052 on December 22nd, 2009 at 3:39 pm said:

Already tried the demo from the GOW collection…March just doesn’t come fast enough!!!!!

+ bloody_sight on December 22nd, 2009 at 3:40 pm said:

WOW THATS A NICE PACKAGE NOW I KNOW WHAT TO ASK SANTA!!!! LOL

+ angelspawn77 on December 22nd, 2009 at 3:41 pm said:

I only want this because of the “making of” video, the movie imo was alright, but i dunno if i want to buy it. GOW3 isnt that far away anymore and im super excited for it! No lie i even had a dream about playing the full game last night and it was AWESOME! i dont remember exact details, but i remember i was super happy playing it in my dream, lol. Cant wait!!

+ KazeEternal on December 22nd, 2009 at 3:41 pm said:

God of War Collection > District 9.

I don’t even think GoW3 could convince me to pick up D9 even if they sold the thing for 5 dollars.

It’s a single viewing movie really not worth owning.

+ harv052 on December 22nd, 2009 at 3:41 pm said:

Already tried it from the GOW collection…March just doesn’t come fast enough!!!

+ angelspawn77 on December 22nd, 2009 at 3:42 pm said:

Oh and i also saw the commercial for it, glad to see you guys are advertising this on tv as well. When i was watching the commercial i was thinking “are they gonna mention the GOW3 demo and “making of”? and you guys gave it its own little section after the d9 commercial, great stuff!

+ KazeEternal on December 22nd, 2009 at 3:43 pm said:

@12
Because someone could beat the collection and sell it benefiting the used game market.

Most game extra’s these days will certainly be vouchers to encourage traditional after market gamers to go after new releases instead.

+ Nepraos on December 22nd, 2009 at 3:47 pm said:

Can’t wait to get this in the mail. I pre-ordered a copy through Amazon about a month ago.

I’ve already got myself the God of War III demo from my purchase of God of War Collection, but the addition of a playable game (that’s actually worth playing) included with a movie is really cool, nonetheless.

+ HongoXIII on December 22nd, 2009 at 3:48 pm said:

Does no one see the marketability for this? If they push this and promote it correctly, these hybrid discs could push not only Blu-ray as a format, but the PS3 as well. Here’s to hoping they include more demos/content for future releases.

+ Ben7072 on December 22nd, 2009 at 3:51 pm said:

Great idea, but already have the GoW3 demo. District 9 was a fantastic movie though, so I’ll still pick it up.

+ shadowkiller11 on December 22nd, 2009 at 3:54 pm said:

Is this available in Europe aswell? i want the movie but the demo will be a major icing on the cake and i love icing.

+ Zezzler on December 22nd, 2009 at 3:56 pm said:

Is the demo a downloadable code included? or actually on the BD?

Looks awesome, can’t wait to pick it up.

+ sam_i_jam on December 22nd, 2009 at 4:04 pm said:

@24 – As mentioned above, it’s actually included on the BD and will unlock the behind the scenes once you have completed it.

+ whiskymilkshake on December 22nd, 2009 at 4:26 pm said:

I WANT VAGRANT STORY! IT’S ON THE EU STORE BUT NOT HERE IN THE US!!!!!

AAAAARGH!

*deep breath*

um, please?

+ nYcFrEeWiLL82 on December 22nd, 2009 at 4:27 pm said:

wtf where is the psn update..why are they late?

+ ProjectSiK on December 22nd, 2009 at 4:31 pm said:

Sony, why do you always update the multimedia portion of the PS store first? (Comics, videos) Shouldn’t you concentrate on the GAME aspect of the system then follow up with additional updates for other services? This is a little ridiculous that Europe gets their game content so early on in the day and we (Americans) have to wait ’til much later in … See Morethe night (EST) to get simple content uploaded. Another problem is the consistency of these updates, there is no set time, it’s whenever whoever is paid to do this chooses to do it and that is very unprofessional. Straighten up, I’m sure I’m not the only one who is disappointed in the amount of time it takes for an update to occur on the store, it’s completely mind boggling and there is absolutely no reason for it to occur much later in the day when other regions get it right away.

I guess SCEE cares more.

+ ProjectSiK on December 22nd, 2009 at 4:32 pm said:

I guess SCEE cares more..

+ xaos on December 22nd, 2009 at 4:33 pm said:

@29-30, you do know that there is a pretty massive time difference between EU and the USA’s west coast, where PSN is mostly based, right?

+ Moosehole on December 22nd, 2009 at 4:35 pm said:

@29

Have you ever heard of time zones? Do you understand the basic concept? SCEE isn’t updating the store “early on in the day”.

If I have to explain it to you any further then it just isn’t even worth the effort of doing so.

+ GUGAWMM on December 22nd, 2009 at 4:39 pm said:

please someone knows how much more will the update take…..

+ thegriefer on December 22nd, 2009 at 4:44 pm said:

GETTING THIS FOR CHRISTMAS!

+ improperlyaged on December 22nd, 2009 at 4:46 pm said:

Stop talking about blu rays n update the store already. Make u a deal I’ll stop mentioning it if u can have it up by say 6pm est.

+ DiscoJer on December 22nd, 2009 at 4:48 pm said:

@31-32 Perhaps Sony should reconsider where the store is based, then. It makes little sense for a company that is servicing the entire NA continent to have its time based on the West Coast. By the time Sony usually gets around to updating the store, many people on the East Coast are asleep.

If they were based on the East Coast, then basically they could make everyone happy (except the Employees who are forced to live there, but they are getting well paid…)

+ DZORMAGEN on December 22nd, 2009 at 4:52 pm said:

I honestly think the Store up-date is just ridiculous. It is always different (time). They should have a time dead line, and always have it at the same time! This is getting old!! And I’m talking about the US.

+ GUGAWMM on December 22nd, 2009 at 4:53 pm said:

cmon sony update the ps store pleaseeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

+ THE-D1RTY-77 on December 22nd, 2009 at 4:54 pm said:

WOWIE WOW WOW!!!
I loved the movie!
I want the game!
and
I planned on the blu-ray

what a great package!!!!!

Ken Chan's Avatar

+ Ken Chan on December 22nd, 2009 at 5:00 pm said:

Be sure to also check out the exclusive making of featurette once you complete the demo

+ DZORMAGEN on December 22nd, 2009 at 5:03 pm said:

Ken Chan WE DONT CARE…. WE DIDN’T buy a PS3 for this, we bought it for games!! NOW UPDATE THE STOREEEEEEEEEEE!!!!

+ Ibrahack on December 22nd, 2009 at 5:06 pm said:

where is the update? :S

+ LegendaryPhoenix on December 22nd, 2009 at 5:07 pm said:

@40

You need to grow up and have some patience, whining and yelling at them is not going to make them update the store.

People like you, make me ashamed to be a gamer.

+ xaos on December 22nd, 2009 at 5:08 pm said:

@36, it seems like a poor business decision to me to relocate an entire operation 3000 miles so people can download things 3 hours earlier, though admittedly, I’m not an MBA :)

+ nYcFrEeWiLL82 on December 22nd, 2009 at 5:08 pm said:

ITS UP NOW!!!!..IM DOWNLOADING THE WET LEVEL PAK NOW AS U READ THIS..CANT WAIT TO JUMP IN THE WATA..LBP IS GOFT! SIIIIIIIIIIIIKE! NOW U JUST AS MADD AS I AM ABOUT THE LATE UPDATE..LMAO

+ animeboy413 on December 22nd, 2009 at 5:08 pm said:

@DZORMAGEN.. Who are we? stop speaking for everybody else. who put you in charge of us some peoples do buy PS3 for blu ray. so stop saying we don’t know when the truth is many will have no problem buying this

+ ProjectSiK on December 22nd, 2009 at 5:11 pm said:

@31-32

I under the concept of time zones, however, both the west and east coast stores are updated universally whereas the European store is updated WAY before the NA store. Point is, I’m able to go on my European PSN account and look at most of the content that will be available to me much later, however, I am unable to purchase it at that moment. It should not be difficult to update the store at an earlier time in NA if the content is already processed and ready to go in other regions.

Also, the time zones doesn’t change the fact that Sony is inconsistent with their updates. Hell, they’re never on time and that is ridiculous. Either change the time the store is updated so that it’s earlier in the day for people in NA or update the store at the same time each time it’s supposed to be updated so people aren’t sitting at home wondering “when will I be able to give Sony my money”

You would think Sony cared about getting money, I guess not.

+ Brain115 on December 22nd, 2009 at 5:12 pm said:

If i were to beat the E3 demo that came with GOW collection, will i still get the making of featurette???

Ken Chan's Avatar

+ Ken Chan on December 22nd, 2009 at 5:14 pm said:

No, the GOW3 featurette is exclusive to the Blue-Ray version of District 9

+ ProjectSiK on December 22nd, 2009 at 5:13 pm said:

Oh, and they update their comic/video section no problem, yet the GAMES (Which matter most) is left in the dark, what gives?

+ Brain115 on December 22nd, 2009 at 5:14 pm said:

Will i get the making of featurette if i beat the demo that came with GOW collection

+ DZORMAGEN on December 22nd, 2009 at 5:14 pm said:

LOL I will stop now, but I know a lot of people want the store to up-date before we get news we already knew about months ago…..Patiently waiting, don’t want the PS3 gamers to get mad at me :)

PAGE 1 2