PS4 - Batman Arkham Knight

District 9 with God of War III – Own it NOW on Blu-ray

Ken Chan's Avatar + Posted by Ken Chan on Dec 22, 2009 // Product Manager, SCEA

Yes, it’s the holidays… a time for giving and of course, the best part… receiving! =)

Adding to my Christmas Wish List this year (Hint to any of my family and friends reading this blog) is long awaited Blu-Ray release of District 9.

Starting with a gorgeous 1.85:1 1080p transfer, and DTS-HD 5.1 Master Audio Mix, the District 9 movie disc include a Interactive Map feature “Joburg from Above: Satellite and Schematics of the World of District 9,” which provides a highly detailed environmental exploration of the world through a series of interactive satellite maps, technology schematics and photo-real files; and movieIQ, which allows viewers to immediately access continuously updated information on the cast & crew and explore relevant trivia such as production facts, music and soundtrack information all tied to scenes within the movie.

But what makes this Blu-Ray release really special, is the inclusion of the highly sought after God of War III E3 2009 Demo! For the die-hard God of War fans, be sure to add this Blu-ray to your library collection as those that complete the demo will unlock an exclusive making of featurette about God of War III.

PAGE 1 2

+ Sarsipius on December 22nd, 2009 at 5:23 pm said:

Hey Ken, got the D-9 bluray from netflix today and can’t find the GOW3 demo. Did netflix get a different copy of this bluray, or am I looking in the wrong place?

+ GUGAWMM on December 22nd, 2009 at 5:23 pm said:

ok, in case someone at sony read this:
i am a huge fan of the playstation family and been a loyal gamer for years, i don´t like microsoft and their xbox(argh) all i am asking is please update the playstation store.

+ Darth-Krayt on December 22nd, 2009 at 5:25 pm said:

LOL @ cry babies. Get over it. The updates arem’t “late” because there is no set time. Sure it would be nice to have a set time, but there isn’t one. And regardless….it’s early no matter what since it’s TUESDAY. Maybe you’d just be better off considering the update to be on Fridays (and Wednsdays on holiday weeks), so you aren’t crying, and the update will be up as soon as you wake up. Do you even undersatnd how much of a jerk you are for hijacking this guy’s blog post who has NOTHING to do with the store update? Grow up.

+ DZORMAGEN on December 22nd, 2009 at 5:26 pm said:

@52 please watch what you say cause people will start taking things personal, I already got attacked for it.

+ Sarsipius on December 22nd, 2009 at 5:26 pm said:

Ken, just read your reply of “You can access by going to the Game tab on the XMB menu”. Did that and I still can’t find it. Is it in a super secret location on the XMB “game” tab?

+ ADR143 on December 22nd, 2009 at 5:56 pm said:

dam thats a good deal

+ wanethemane93 on December 22nd, 2009 at 6:28 pm said:

Excited to pick this blu-ray up tomorrow. Never got to see the film in theaters and so i was anticipating its blu-ray release. And as a GoW fan, the demo is the icing on the cake. So thanks Sony and I can’t wait to see the film finally in stunning HD.

+ Berae on December 22nd, 2009 at 6:42 pm said:

I bought it! That movie is awesome and im getting Gow 3 demo even if i played it already

+ Armstrong on December 22nd, 2009 at 6:54 pm said:

I can’t see the GOW3 demo under game tab. Do you have to be connected to the internet or something? I have the netflix version.

+ FunkyTable on December 22nd, 2009 at 6:55 pm said:

I also rented it and can’t find the GOW demo. Oh well, I’m still excited about the movie, but I’m sure dissappointed no demo.

+ ShadowPhoenix18 on December 22nd, 2009 at 7:05 pm said:

@solaceinsound

I think you didn’t fully understand the sentence context. They were saying die-hard GoW fans will want to add this to their collection because of the making of featurette unlocked after completing the demo, which is not included with the downloadable version of the demo.

+ wowitsgage on December 22nd, 2009 at 7:36 pm said:

So, I got District 9 today, and you said it was supposed to be under the Games tab on my XMB, but its not there…>< Please help?

+ Syrlis on December 22nd, 2009 at 8:22 pm said:

you should probably mention that if you already have the demo from the GOW collection, that you need to delete it and re-install if from the district 9 disc. I went to the game section to select the demo after I put the movie in and it said I already had the latest version of the demo. so I played it again and their was no making of featurette, so I hope I am correct in assuming that I need to delete the old demo and put this on their instead.

+ Earth_Crisis on December 22nd, 2009 at 10:16 pm said:

This is a great bundle, I hope Sony and the other movie studios follow the example. (Movie on BR Disc, PC download, and a PSN download all together) The demo is a nice touch too

+ Random_Avenger on December 22nd, 2009 at 10:24 pm said:

Heya Ken!

This looks like a great buy & addition to any Blu-ray collection. I noticed a few of your comments above saying that the God of War III making of featurette, which you get to view after finishing the demo, is exclusive to the District 9 Blu-ray. Any chance this featurette will be included in the final release of God of War III? Maybe included in the Ultimate Edition set? Any information would be great, Thanks!

+ IBANEZASH on December 23rd, 2009 at 6:02 am said:

Does anyone know how to access the demo?
I’ve been all through the blueray menus and can’t find anything at all.

+ IBANEZASH on December 23rd, 2009 at 6:06 am said:

Got it. I’m stupid. Merry Christmas!!

+ SEVENTY7 on December 23rd, 2009 at 8:00 am said:

D9 was my favorite movie of the year. And a nice added bonus that it’ll have the G0W3 demo! Awsome. Thanks Sony!

+ Sarsipius on December 23rd, 2009 at 10:40 am said:

Trying to find the demo on the District 9 bluray has left me feeling special, in a bad way. I can’t find it!!! Are the rental discs from netflix different somehow?!?
If anyone has figured out how to access it please post the details! Thanks and happy holidays!

+ z0mbi3_l0r3nz3n on December 23rd, 2009 at 12:51 pm said:

Or you can just go put a $5 deposit down on GOD OF WAR 3 at your local Gamestop and they will give you tha same demo. Or you can go buy The God Of War Collection for the PS3 and you will get tha same demo. $40 for God of War 1 and 2 in 720P and trophy support with The God Of War 3 E3 Demo, isnt as bad of a buy as District 9.

+ Prem-aka-Prince on December 24th, 2009 at 1:00 am said:

Hey Ken,

Regardless of what some people, it’s a very good idea and only makes an excellent blu ray -excellent because it comes packed with so many good extras- better. I believe this is a step forward and I hope there will be many more PS3 bonuses on Sony blu rays in the future :)

+ Manifest37 on December 24th, 2009 at 3:31 am said:

I have the Blu-ray in my drive & there is no Demo showing up at all. Not under GAME, not under anything. All I get are two icons under VIDEO for the movie & a PSP copy.

+ emanson101 on December 24th, 2009 at 10:02 am said:

i feel like an ass, because i have no idea how yo play the demo. i just got the blue ray from netflix and i can’t find the demo. can someone help me.

+ DFWMovieGeek on December 24th, 2009 at 10:21 am said:

Same here where is this demo. Looked under XMB and nowhere to be found under games? Does netflix have a different version. Does the HMV version contain the demo?

+ usuke1 on December 24th, 2009 at 11:32 am said:

garbage i rented this movie and there is no GOW III demo under the game tab. just a digital copy under the video section. Is anyone else having this problem?

+ rjejr on December 29th, 2009 at 6:01 am said:

Heeeeey, Mr. Ken Chan man
play a demo for me
cause I’m looking
but I’m not seeing it anywhere

I got my district 9 blu ray
and put it in my PS3
I looked on my XMB
but it just can’t be found anywhere

Soooo the next time
you are working on this blog
get your head out of your @ss
and stop smoking so much grass
cause we’re all here looking
but we ain’t finding it

Maybe you should
I don’t know
Like maybe do your job
Stop yanking on your log
And put your disc in your PS3
And see for yourself…

+ SNAKE-EYES73 on January 8th, 2010 at 2:02 pm said:

Sony you should’ve released this in the PSN store. Seriously why make us suffer and try to find the DLC Voucher code for this game?.That is Ridiculous!..I got ripped off on Ebay this guy won’t send the voucher code to play GOW-3 now that to me is plain and simple greedy!..

PAGE 1 2