Horizon Zero Dawn

Dec 22

Dec 22

PlayStation Comics Store Update

Grace Chen's Avatar Posted by Sr. Director, PlayStation Store

Hi Everyone –

Last week, we launched the PlayStation Network digital comics service for the PSP. While we usually update PlayStation Store on Thursdays, we are having a special update today for the comics store (as well as the games store).

As a reminder, you will need to download the Digital Reader to the PSP, in order to view the comics that you purchase from PlayStation Store. The Digital Reader will allow you to view all the comics that you download (it also has a music player and different viewing options). Simply connect your PSP via wi-fi and go to the Digital Reader icon (located under the Extras icon on the XMB) and follow the on screen instructions. To download the Digital Reader using a PC, you can go to www.playstationcomics.com. The Digital Reader is a free download.

Here’s a list of the new comics published today. Enjoy!

• 2000AD Prog #1660 ($1.99)
  • Ghost Rider (2005) #1-6 ($1.99 each)
  • G.I. Joe: Cobra #1 ($0.99)
  • G.I. Joe Origins #1-2 ($0.99 each)
  • Locke & Key: Welcome to Lovecraft #1 ($0.99)
  • Nanovor #1 ($0.99)
  • The Fantastic Four (1961) #1-15 ($1.99 each)
  • The Mighty Avengers (2007) #1-6 ($1.99 each)
  • Transformers: All Hail Megatron #7 ($1.99)
  • Wormwood: Gentleman Corpse: Birds, Bees, Blood & Beer #1-4 ($0.99 each)

Add Your Own

PAGE 1 2

DZORMAGEN said:

December 22nd, 10:12 am

Update PSN STORE 1st!!!!

MiChAeL6 said:

December 22nd, 10:12 am

Is this available in Canada yet?

Grace Chen's Avatar

Grace Chen said:

December 22nd, 10:26 am

Not yet.

x_NiiGHTMARE_x said:

December 22nd, 10:15 am

I knew you were updating today but so soon?! awesome! lol

Korbei83 said:

December 22nd, 10:17 am

Thanks for the update. I’ll swing by the comics store on the way home.

Hussein-_-Saddam said:

December 22nd, 10:17 am

Now the question is what time for US people.

Mr2Good3 said:

December 22nd, 10:17 am

4th..yes sir…I gotto get a psp again

Mr2Good3 said:

December 22nd, 10:19 am

I gotta get a psp…

Jeigh said:

December 22nd, 10:20 am

Judging from what I’m reading of the comics included, I take it that this is one of those “audience expansion” things, huh?

And “in before the 40 comments about ‘what about the PSN update!? waaaaah!'”

Zarxce said:

December 22nd, 10:25 am

Awesome. I’ve been meaning to read more Ghost Rider lately and-……oh wait. I live in Canada.

*sighs and goes back to my dog sledding and chugging maple syrup*

deadpool7 said:

December 22nd, 10:27 am

No offense, but that’s it? I downloaded the Road to Civil War arc last week and realized that the actual Civil War arc is not up on the store. I was hoping to read these during the holidays but I guess I won’t be able to :-(

jashwin said:

December 22nd, 10:30 am

haha,i thought this was the psn store update and when I looked at it,I was like what the hell?(cause it was so short)

Superstrokey1123 said:

December 22nd, 10:30 am

Well thats a great update, hope it comes to Canada soon as i really really want my comics back lol.

2 questions:
WHen for Canada? 2010 or later? (justa rough idea)
Silver surfer coming?

Caudill said:

December 22nd, 10:31 am

Where’s the store update??? Can we get it early for once? Please?

Would be a nice way to end the year ;)

NewYork214 said:

December 22nd, 10:33 am

never really into comics but this is pretty cool. i wish you guys would sell books. you already have the sony reader

saintaqua said:

December 22nd, 10:39 am

Indiana Jones would be a nice addition.
No Disney comics? Those are my favorite so far. :(

saintaqua said:

December 22nd, 10:40 am

Books on PSP would be awesome. How hard could it be?

JOANNES_EST_EIUS said:

December 22nd, 10:44 am

At what time is the NA ps sore update?

WESFUN said:

December 22nd, 10:46 am

im just wondering if the update came to canada yet i want to buy water for little big planet. please tell me when

WESFUN said:

December 22nd, 10:47 am

when does it come out in canada

FE_RR said:

December 22nd, 10:48 am

want little big planet pirates of the caribbean!!!

cell989 said:

December 22nd, 10:49 am

early update, Ill probably get the Ghost Rider series.

KSPRAYDAD said:

December 22nd, 10:53 am

As a reminder, you will need to download the Digital Reader to the PSP, in order to view the comics that you purchase from PlayStation Store, unless of course you live in Canada for which SCEA is responsible but we don’t care about treating our customer’s equally or fairly.

Fixed.

Seabasstian said:

December 22nd, 10:54 am

any one knows how to delete comics you’ve read?

Vex_Doppel said:

December 22nd, 10:57 am

I wanna download the digital reader to my PS3.

mreiner said:

December 22nd, 10:59 am

Any word on when this is gonna be available in Canada?

eckoman1 said:

December 22nd, 11:02 am

When does the MAG beta come into the store? Its not here! :(

daniel3334 said:

December 22nd, 11:06 am

the comic section is nice. but i would like to see an option of unlimited downloads for $10 a month.just like marvel. i love their unlimited service. very cheap also. i just cant see paying $2 for a digital mag that will be deleted after reading it a couple times. although i did buy the MGS digital graphic novel. that is worth the $10 price tag imo.(over 600meg.)when i did a survey for sony on the digital comics store,it asked about unlimited downloads quite a few times. what happened tothat idea?

Korbei83 said:

December 22nd, 11:08 am

It’s time for Sony to stand back and take inventory on the amount of content coming out of Canada and re-evaluate it’s importance to their market.

Your shortsightedness is going to bite you in the ass soon.

Why should Bioware put Mass Effect on PS3 when they can’t even go home at night at download a movie on their own PS3?

Why should EA Vancouver make the PS3 the lead platform for the NHL series when they are slighted as consumers?

Why should Ubisoft Montreal give a crap about Sony when Sony doesn’t give a crap about them?

Why should great indie talent like Jon Mak or Capybara Games support you as a company when you won’t support them as consumers?

I don’t know. I’m bet a lot of them are wondering too.

Pirate43 said:

December 22nd, 11:15 am

Grace, when can we get some manga?
i’m sure there is big money in the full metal alchemist and naruto mangas :)

Vex_Doppel said:

December 22nd, 11:15 am

Why only LBP Avatars and not that many?
I’d figure you’d have atleast a hudred Avatars. I was guessing some would be free and they you’d have a bunch of premium ones from several games like Critter Crunch, PJ Shooter, Flower, Uncharted 2(being game of the year and all) Ratchet and Clanck, Resistance 2, Killzone 2, Warhawk, Fat Princess, Modnation Racers, Gran Turismo (I’m sure car lovers would love that) and Wipout. WHERE ARE THEY??? Naughty Dog can dish out GOTY faster than you can make a few avatars? Really?

datoupee said:

December 22nd, 11:15 am

——————
REQUESTING BONGO COMICS
——————
Simpsons and Futurama fans would be most appreciated.

redknight4 said:

December 22nd, 11:17 am

what time is the store update with the lbp water pack coming today

gettinmoney662 said:

December 22nd, 11:18 am

Every post in this blog is starting to become a Canadian whine fest.

explosive78 said:

December 22nd, 11:30 am

Avatars!!! PLEASE!!! AVATARS!!!!!!!! See how nicely i asked :)

Unknown_Hero said:

December 22nd, 11:36 am

When are you Canadians going to stop whining? Your already lucky the US hasn’t invaded you..be happy with what you have.

Pukadon said:

December 22nd, 11:37 am

I must say I am impressed with the comic reader – it does a nice job. That said, I would also be more likely to pay for a subscription than to download individual comics for a few bucks a pop.

KSPRAYDAD said:

December 22nd, 11:40 am

@33…

If SCEA treated Canadians (+10% of their market) who paid the same as their other customers for the hardware fairly…it wouldn’t have to become a whinefest would it.

The PS3 is marketed in Canada with the It Only Does Everything tag line too and SCEA is responsible for BOTH countries. There is ZERO legal reason for the comic book store and video store to not be in Canada. Apple has successfully run a video DL service in Canada for years now and Marvel runs its comic book service into Canada.

Superstrokey1123 said:

December 22nd, 11:43 am

@35

You did invade, we whooped your ass lol. That being said we wouldnt stand a chance this time.

And the Canadians have a right to whine. Per capita we have more ps3’s than the us does by a large margin and yet we still get slighted for unexplained reasons. Im not saying its all their fault as thats silly and probably not true. How ever Canadian have just as much right to want the things that you take for granted and to be vocal about it.

Trioptical said:

December 22nd, 11:48 am

Any chance we’ll be able to purchase import comics at some time in the future? With everything going digital download, importing should absolutely be a part of the future. Then Canadian’s would be able to share in the wealth as well.

DZORMAGEN said:

December 22nd, 11:52 am

With all due respect, right now we don’t want to READ right now, we want to PLAY!! Bring us the US PSN STORE UPDATE!!

bataille said:

December 22nd, 11:56 am

Now is the time to release the PS3 comics reader, not a year from now, long after Apple has taken over the e-reader market with their mystery tablet device and after everyone else has forgotten about the PSP comics reader.

Seriously.

DZORMAGEN said:

December 22nd, 11:56 am

This BLOG REALLY NEEDS an EDIT post feature!!!

xaos said:

December 22nd, 11:59 am

As a long time Marvel fanboy, I’ve been really pleased with the reader. I’m especially pleased to see some seriously vintage Fantastic Four stuff showing up, as opposed to just more recent stuff.

I’d definitely be pleased to see some sort of subscription service for the comics, though :)

Spyroluver88 said:

December 22nd, 12:08 pm

Since Marvel is on board I would like to request the comic Anita Blake Vampire Hunter please! This would really make my day. I pay for a subscription to Marvel just for these anyway!
And since we have Archie how about some Richie Rich? I loved those as a kid and wouldn’t mind rereading them.
Also, I would like to add my voice to the request for an ebook reader. Thanks!

Zezzler said:

December 22nd, 12:09 pm

@2 Grace Reply
You said ‘not yet’… so when?
That goes for the video store too.

VenomUK said:

December 22nd, 12:20 pm

Hi Grace, will other publishers, such as DC and Dark Horse, be joining the party?

AdoAJ said:

December 22nd, 12:22 pm

I want Canada and I want Resistance Comics. And I want them now!

AdoAJ said:

December 22nd, 12:28 pm

@35
Canadians could own fatty Americans like you.

Fnook said:

December 22nd, 12:33 pm

Yes, Comic and video downloads for CANADA please.. Face it.. We’re not going to shut up about it until you give us access to it.

Unknown_Hero said:

December 22nd, 12:41 pm

@48
Heh i weigh 110 pounds but ok…

PAGE 1 2