Minecraft PS4

PlayStation Store Update

Grace Chen's Avatar + Posted by Grace Chen on Dec 22, 2009 // Sr. Director, PlayStation Store

Hi Everyone – It’s time for the weekly PlayStation Store Update.

PSN Game Sale
In addition to the SEGA game sale detailed earlier, the following games are on sale until January 7, 2010 unless otherwise noted.

• Bomberman Ultra – $4.99 (revert to regular price on 1/7/10)
  • Worms – $9.99
  • Topatoi – $4.99
  • Armored Core 3 Portable – $9.99 (revert to regular price on 1/21/10)
  • Scrabble – $13.99
  • NFS Underground Rivals – $10.49
  • NFS Carbon – $13.99
  • NFS Most Wanted – $13.99
  • NFS ProStreet – $13.99
  • GI Joe – $27.99
  • Sims 2 – $10.49
  • Commander’s Challenge – $6.99
  • Battlefield 1943 – $10.49
  • Hasbro Family Game Night – $29.99
  • Burnout Paradise Ultimate Bundle – $20.99
  • ZOMBIE TYCOON – $4.99

Downloadable Games

Battle Fantasia ($19.99)
Battle Fantasia immerses you into a fantasy world of 12 unique and fun to play characters!
ESRB Rated T
File size: 1.17 GB

Polar Panic ($9.99)
Play through 50 challenging levels and battle Mr. Big in Story Mode. Work your way through all 50 of the fiendish block based puzzles. Survive against never ending waves of trappers in Survivor Mode. Play on your own or with 2-4 players against the trappers and each other in Kills, Points or Last Man Standing variations.
ESRB Rated E
File size: 88 MB

PixelJunk 3-in-1 Pack (Bundle) ($19.99)
Try the slot-car mayhem of PixelJunk Racers, defend your serene forest in PixelJunk Monsters (now also for PSP!), and let the beats consume you as you swing, jump and soar through the swaying gardens of PixelJunk Eden.
213 MB

PSOne Classics

Wing Commander IV ($5.99)
ESRB Rated T
File size: 2.25 GB

Game Demos (free)

MAG Public Beta (Note: the beta isn’t playable until Jan 4)
ESRB Rated
File size: 298 MB

LEGO Indiana Jones 2: The Adventure Continues Demo
Indy returns in his greatest LEGO adventure yet! Play ALL-NEW levels from The Original Adventures & your favorite new moments from The Kingdom of the Crystal Skull, all in the tongue and cheek world of LEGO… Or for the first time, create your own levels, for a true one-of-a-kind experience! New levels, vehicles, characters and modes like two player split-screen, will let you build and battle your way out of trouble like never before!
ESRB Rated E10+
File size: 589 MB

Peggle Demo
Have you got the Peggle fever? Try the demo now to experience the ultimate pinballesque adventure! Unlock the full version to indulge your love for bouncing balls and firework effects by becoming a Peggle Master through 55 levels and 75 challenges. Want to host your own Peggle party? Jump into a local battle or connect online to tackle multiplayer, duel and party modes!
ESRB Rated E
File size: 103 MB

Polar Panic Demo
ESRB Rated E
File size: 88 MB

Add-on Game Content

LittleBigPlanet
The best thing about Sackboy is that you can make him look and act exactly how you want. NOTE: to download this costume, you must already own LittleBigPlanet.

• LittleBigPlanet Pirates of the Caribbean Will Turner Costume ($1.99)
  • LittleBigPlanet Pirates of the Caribbean Tia Dalma Costume ($1.99)
  • LittleBigPlanet Pirates of the Caribbean Sack Sparrow Costume ($1.99)
  • LittleBigPlanet Pirates of the Caribbean Elizabeth Costume ($1.99)
  • LittleBigPlanet Pirates of the Caribbean Davy Jones Costume ($1.99)
  • LittleBigPlanet Pirates of the Caribbean Barbossa Costume ($1.99)
  • LittleBigPlanet Pirates of the Caribbean Costume Pack ($5.99) – Download this Costume Kit to dress him as six of Pirates of the Caribbean characters – Jack Sparrow, Barbossa, Elizabeth Swann, Will Turner, Davy Jones and Tia Dalma.
  • LittleBigPlanet Pirates of the Caribbean Level Kit ($5.99)

File Sizes 1.04 MB

PAIN: Kato-san Character (free)
The Editor-In-Chief of Japan’s “Famitsu” magazine is clearly a high-flyer it comes to gaming. In fact, he’s so into games, that he’s now into PAIN. That’s right, boys and girls, we are pleased to welcome Katsuaki Kato to the launcher. Launch him, Ooch him, smash him, and crash him – he just keeps coming back for more. With his own real voice –over in Japanese, Kato-san’s character makes a fantastic addition to the PAIN family. Plus, he’s FREE!
File size: 100 KB

Dragon Ball: Raging Blast Ginyu Force Pack (free)
“Dragon Ball: Raging Blast” Character Pack #3 is now available! The third release is the “Ginyu Force Pack!” This pack contains Captain Ginyu, Recoome, Burter, Jeice and Guldo!
File size: 116 KB

Call of Duty: World at War Map Pack Bundle ($24.99)
File size: 2.27 GB

Guitar Hero 5
For all song credits please visit www.guitarhero.com.

• “Our Song” by Taylor Swift ($1.99)
  • “New” by No Doubt ($1.99)
  • “Harder to Breathe” by Maroon 5 ($1.99)
  • Celebrity New Year’s Track Pack ($5.49) – Downloadable Track Pack featuring ” Modern Day Delilah”, “Lick It Up “, “I Was Made For Lovin’ You” by KISS. Please Note: Many songs are available both as singles and as part of a Track Pack, so please carefully consider your purchases before downloading.
  • Hark The Herald Angels Sing By Steve Ouimette (free)

File size: 31 MB – 42 MB (singles), 107 MB (track pack)

Karaoke Revolution 2009
Expand your Karaoke Revolution song library by purchasing these tracks. ($1.99 each)

• Me and Bobby McGee
  • Pain
  • Celebrity
  • Goodbye Earl
  • Hot Mama
  • Mammas Don’t Let Your Babies Grow Up To Be Cowboys
  • Mud On The Tires
  • The Gambler
  • What Was I Thinking
  • Hungry Like The Wolf

File size: 14 MB – 31 MB

Rock Band
Build your Rock Band library by purchasing these song game tracks. For song credits, visit www.RockBand.com.

• “Ocean Avenue” — Yellowcard ($1.99)
  • “A Lot Like Me” — The Offspring ($1.99)
  • “Build a Bridge” — Limp Bizkit ($1.99)
  • “Beverly Hills” — Weezer ($1.99)
  • “(If You’re Wondering If I Want You To) I Want You To” — Weezer ($1.99)
  • “Let it All Hang Out” — Weezer ($1.99)
  • Weezer Pack 03 ($5.49) – This pack includes: “Beverly Hills,” “(If You’re Wondering If I Want You To ) I Want You To,” and “Let it All Hang Out” by Weezer.

File sizes: 25 MB – 46 MB (singles), 87 MB (track pack)

PSN Avatars

• LittleBigPlanet Sackboy PSN Avatar ($0.49)
  • LittleBigPlanet MyMoon PSN Avatar ($0.49)
  • LittleBigPlanet Craft Earth PSN Avatar ($0.49)
  • LittleBigPlanet Xmas Tree PSN Avatar ($0.49)
  • LittleBigPlanet Santa PSN Avatar ($0.49)
  • LittleBigPlanet Giftboy PSN Avatar ($0.49)
  • LittleBigPlanet “Sky” Sackgirl PSN Avatar ($0.49)
  • LittleBigPlanet “Marvin” Sackboy PSN Avatar ($0.49)
  • LittleBigPlanet “Gloria” Sackgirl PSN Avatar ($0.49)
  • LittleBigPlanet “Arr!!!” Sackboy PSN Avatar ($0.49)
  • LittleBigPlanet “Lily Pad” PSN Avatar ($0.49)
  • LittleBigPlanet “Hugo” PSN Avatar ($0.49)
  • LittleBigPlanet “Great Blue” PSN Avatar ($0.49)
  • LittleBigPlanet “Frost-E” PSN Avatar ($0.49)
  • LittleBigPlanet Planets PSN Avatar Bundle ($0.99)
  • LittleBigPlanet Festive PSN Avatar Bundle ($0.99)
  • LittleBigPlanet Characters 1 PSN Avatar Bundle ($1.25)
  • LittleBigPlanet Animals PSN Avatar Bundle ($1.25)

File sizes: 100-112 KB (individual avatars), 300-400 KB (bundles)

Game Videos (free)

Pulse 12/22 Edition
File size: 291 MB (HD), 490 MB (1080)

Assassin’s Creed II Launch Trailer
File size: 72 MB (HD)

Ratchet & Clank Future: ACIT – My Blaster Runs Hot Video
File size: 136 MB (HD)

PixelJunk Shooter Trailer
File sizes: 93 MB (HD), 161 MB (1080)

Trine Trailer
File size: 71 MB (HD)

Chaotic Shadow Warriors Trailer
File size: 36 MB (HD)

Digger HD Trailer
File size: 36 MB (HD)

Themes

Heavy Rain Dynamic Theme ($2.99)
File size: 1.77 MB

PSN Holiday Dynamic Theme ($2.99)
File size: 1.58 MB

Gravity Crash Theme (free)
File size: 1.79 MB

World’s End Theme ($1.49)
File size: 5.25 MB

Sorority Winter Break Theme ($1.99)
File size: 5.29 MB

STAR TREK Theme ($1.99)
File size: 4.22 MB

DarkMatter: RedShift Theme (Dark & Alloy Edition) ($1.99)
File size: 5.88 MB

Analog Scream Theme ($1.49)
File size: 6.35 MB

Wallpaper (free)

Gravity Crash Space Wallpaper
File sizes: 174 KB

Gravity Crash Planet Wallpaper
File sizes: 284 KB

PlayStation Store for PSP

Downloadable Games (also available from PS3 storefront)

Savage Moon: The Hera Campaign ($9.99)
Protect your mining colony from vicious hordes of invaders- use strategy, skill and very big guns!
ESRB Rated T
File size: 42 MB

Aedis Eclipse ($9.99)
The unique gaming experience offered by Aedis Eclipse comes from the combination of incredible team customization and item crafting on one hand, to the dynamic combat multi-unit battle system, on the other. The PSP format allows gamers to briefly pick up their hand-held to enjoy strategic thinking anytime, anywhere.
ESRB Rated T
File size: 585 MB

Me & My Katamari ($19.99)
The King and the Prince are back in all their brilliance! Take the adventure on the road as the Prince or one of his many cousins, rolling up objects in order to create islands for a bunch of homeless animals.
ESRB Rated E
File size: 1.1 GB

Football Manager Handheld 2010 ($23.99)
Sport’s Interactive’s best-selling series is back for the new season, fully updated and designed specifically for portable play. Football Manager Handheld™ 2010 allows you to experience the thrill of being the boss wherever you are.
ESRB Rated E
File size: 32 MB

PSP Minis

Bowling 3D ($4.99)
ESRB Rated E
File size: 57 MB

Game Demos (free)

Holy Invasion of Privacy Badman! 2 Demo
ESRB Rating Pending
File size: 16 MB

Army of Two: The 40th Day Demo
ESRB Rated M
File size: 221 MB

Add-on Game Content

LocoRoco Midnight Carnival Level Pack ($2.99)
File size: 12.6 MB

Game Videos (also available from PS3 storefront)

Savage Moon: The Hera Campaign Trailer
File size: 39 MB

Obscure: The Aftermath Trailer
File size: 3 MB

BEN 10 Alien Force: Vilgax Attacks Trailer
File size: 20 MB

PSP Themes (also available from PS3 storefront)

Analog Scream PSP Theme 1 ($0.99)
File size: 335 KB

Analog Scream PSP Theme 2 ($0.99)
File size: 329 KB

World’s End PSP Theme ($1.49)
File size: 511 KB

Sorority Winter Break PSP Theme ($1.99)
File size: 547 KB

STAR TREK PSP Theme ($1.99)
File size: 526 KB

PAGE 1 2 3 4

+ shoeonmyfoot on December 22nd, 2009 at 5:37 pm said:

Hey! Could you guys please fix the PSN version of Silent Hill:Origins? The cutscenes do not work! I would like to purchase this, but i don’t want to buy a broken game. Thanks!

+ HongoXIII on December 22nd, 2009 at 5:39 pm said:

Awesome update! I will be spending a good chunk of change this week. Also, please consider having some free Dynamic Themes. If you have a couple free, people would probably be more willing t buy more. Try a sample and buy more if you like it.

+ radman123 on December 22nd, 2009 at 5:40 pm said:

lbp galore!!!

+ Gilgamesh247 on December 22nd, 2009 at 5:40 pm said:

Wow I was hoping the Holiday Dynamic theme would be free but them again I shouldby get to giddy as I’m sure most people saw that coming..nevertheless pretty cool update, bad way to end 09

Btw: there won’t be an update for next week? (or in this case tuesday?)

+ infamousXX87XX on December 22nd, 2009 at 5:40 pm said:

VAGRANT STORY???

+ Jedah_PR on December 22nd, 2009 at 5:41 pm said:

No Demon’s Souls Dynamic Theme.

+ chase5642 on December 22nd, 2009 at 5:41 pm said:

i would get my mony back

+ CurlehMustache on December 22nd, 2009 at 5:41 pm said:

Excellent update.

When should the LBP Level Kit show up on Amazon? I have a PSN credit there I can’t wait to use!

+ EdgarFriendly on December 22nd, 2009 at 5:42 pm said:

I was charged $11.94 for the LBP costume pack instead of $5.99???

+ gators625 on December 22nd, 2009 at 5:42 pm said:

Nice update, especially the LocoRoco map pack.

If you have the chance, please let Konami know that Pro Evolution Soccer 2010 is in demand for PSPgo owners!

Likewise for Ubisoft/Disney Interactive Studios for Lumines and Lumines II.

Thanks!

+ Johnmark on December 22nd, 2009 at 5:42 pm said:

im alittle choked that the european psn store got vagrant story as a psx game and we didnt i was totally looking forward to playing that game, its a truly awsome game. any word on if it will be in the next update

+ jwood87 on December 22nd, 2009 at 5:43 pm said:

Hey grace,

I have a couple of questions and I was hoping to get answers to at least one…

Why doesn’t SCEA promote the PSP Go like SCEE does with their promotion of a free game to anyone who has bought one?

Will there be any christmas sales on big games that were offered in that promotion like Assassin’s Creed: Bloodlines , Gran Turismo, Little Big Planet, MotorStorm, or God of War?

Will there be a pack-in option for the uncharted motion comics like Europe got?

Why do minis such as Hero of Sparta cost 6.99 on PSN but are 1.99 on the apple app store (After a price increase)?

Will the digital content for the go start to be cheaper considering no packaging or physical content then games in store? Look at this article

An answer to any of these questions would be great
Thanks!

+ Caudill on December 22nd, 2009 at 5:44 pm said:

FINALLY! You guys are killing me with these late updates.

Now off to spend some money…

+ ExPresident on December 22nd, 2009 at 5:44 pm said:

PSN Avatars and Dynamic themes watch out :O

$2.99 is still to pricey for a theme tho.

+ AceNet2 on December 22nd, 2009 at 5:44 pm said:

Can’t wait to try the water in LBP!! Ahoy matey!

+ Dark_Vincent on December 22nd, 2009 at 5:44 pm said:

Why are people downrating this? It was a great update with all the sales, new dynamic themes and LBP update!

+ Fusion_ID on December 22nd, 2009 at 5:45 pm said:

any idea when the LBP will be on Amazon? I have some credit for the PSN and would love to use that.

+ CIAFlux on December 22nd, 2009 at 5:45 pm said:

I was hoping for Hustle Kings =\

+ CrimsonFox13 on December 22nd, 2009 at 5:46 pm said:

I’m buying the Heavy Rain dynamic theme even though I don’t know how it looks. I’m just looking forward to the game so much.

+ cell989 on December 22nd, 2009 at 5:46 pm said:

awesome update, I will be getting some SEGA psp games for my nephews, and Ill be enjoying Little Big planet.

+ gmoney0505 on December 22nd, 2009 at 5:46 pm said:

This is a great update. Keep them coming.

I want to know when is Hustle Kings coming to the US? It came out today in Europe today.

+ TheGuardianFID on December 22nd, 2009 at 5:47 pm said:

Awesome update guys, LBP DLC FTW, plus more goodies, nicely done guys, SOLD!!!:D

+ Solid-Snake-Eyes on December 22nd, 2009 at 5:47 pm said:

Nooo, I was counting on High Velocity Bowling to be $4.99. Oh well, going to pick up LBP pirates pack and the free Pain character.

+ LegendaryPhoenix on December 22nd, 2009 at 5:47 pm said:

Kind of a lame update, I was hoping for Hustle Kings.

+ DiscoJer on December 22nd, 2009 at 5:48 pm said:

1 mini? You know you are 24 short of the announced 50 by the end of the year…

On the other hand, Aedis Eclipse got released. I didn’t think NISA was going to release any Idea Factory games.

+ ZildjianKX on December 22nd, 2009 at 5:48 pm said:

Still waiting for the LBP content to hit Amazon so I can use my credit!

Also, I saw the EU PSN store price dropped Fat Princess. I just bought it, so I’m kind of glad the US Store didn’t :)

Happy Holidays!

+ DarKaoZ on December 22nd, 2009 at 5:48 pm said:

Buh… I was expecting Hustle Kings =(

And I didn’t expect Battle Fantasia, I only have 16 bux in my wallet! Awwwww… what a bummer…

+ KazeEternal on December 22nd, 2009 at 5:49 pm said:

wow wing commander 4. That was kind of out of the blue. I love Wing Commander, but can I justify getting the download when my discs work just fine and the game would play like suck on PSP.

More importantly if I don’t buy it would it send the wrong message to EA… decisions decisions.

+ DarkRecoil on December 22nd, 2009 at 5:50 pm said:

Grace, are there any plans for a sale on some of the best PSP games of 2009 like on today’s EU update?

They have popular games like Monster Hunter Freedom Unite and Resistance Retribution currently on sale, and im kinda disappointed you guys have not done the same.

….at the same time though, i would like to thank you and your team for all the hard work put into the store for the year (easily the best yet!), and wish u all an enjoyable winter holiday :)

+ DarkAkatosh on December 22nd, 2009 at 5:50 pm said:

I wonder if Sony will ever go to a “set time” update schedule like Nintendo and MS do…I think it would be very beneficial to everyone.

+ T3mpr1x on December 22nd, 2009 at 5:51 pm said:

Haha you can never please everyone…Good to only see one complaint about the PSOne selection lol.

A good update, looking forward to playing some of those demos and maybe downloading the Heavy Rain premium theme.

+ Moonglare on December 22nd, 2009 at 5:51 pm said:

What a wonderful update!!! Thanks for the amazing contents for holidays =))

+ Vex_Doppel on December 22nd, 2009 at 5:51 pm said:

Where’s the rest of the avatars?

+ Mikey1123 on December 22nd, 2009 at 5:53 pm said:

i cant believe they want us to pay for water…LOL

+ DaWolf619 on December 22nd, 2009 at 5:54 pm said:

Awesome Update!! I’m going to get me an Avatar, or two, and the LBP Packs.
Awesome awesome awesome!!
I may even snag Me and My Katamari for my PSP. Been waiting for that.
Thanks Grace and the Playstation Team, it’s been a great year and I am really looking forward to 2010.

+ dotCody on December 22nd, 2009 at 5:54 pm said:

No Hustle Kings?? CAN WE PLEASE AT LEAST GET A U.S. RELEASE DATE!?! PLEASE!

+ dallow on December 22nd, 2009 at 5:54 pm said:

Another incredibly late update.
Do you realize what time it is?

Europe wins this time. Vagrant Story and Hustle Kings.

+ EventStatus on December 22nd, 2009 at 5:54 pm said:

When I heard LBP were bringing avatars to PSN, I really thought we would get character based ones (like watchmen and MGS) but I guess that would cost money in more licensing. Maybe next time…

+ cell989 on December 22nd, 2009 at 5:55 pm said:

The Heavy Rain Theme is tempting

+ Pedro_-_ on December 22nd, 2009 at 5:55 pm said:

I just bought bomber man for 10 bucks!!!!

+ kmkaizen on December 22nd, 2009 at 5:56 pm said:

why i am get weird thing said that PSN in let have store in us i am get piss here

+ Sub-Zero on December 22nd, 2009 at 5:57 pm said:

no hustle kings oh well. And dynamic themes are cool but $1.99 would be better considering i change my themes all the time i dont wanna throw away cash

+ clupula668 on December 22nd, 2009 at 5:57 pm said:

It saddens me that Aksys made absolutely no effort to hype up Battle Fantasia.

+ ADR143 on December 22nd, 2009 at 5:57 pm said:

nice update on Premium avatars and dynamic themes.

put out more every week and we will be happy

+ Zezzler on December 22nd, 2009 at 5:58 pm said:

JEFF!!
YOU LIED :O !!!!!
You sly, sly man. you said we wern’t getting any new avatars before 2010 :p

Nice update.

Grace Chen's Avatar

+ Jeff Rubenstein on December 22nd, 2009 at 9:01 pm said:

I realized my mistake this morning o_O

+ MisterB_66 on December 22nd, 2009 at 5:59 pm said:

BOO!!!! Why does EU get Hustle Kings and we don’t?

+ kirazero00 on December 22nd, 2009 at 6:00 pm said:

Europe gets Vagrant Story and not us? I feel the love :(

+ Kchow23 on December 22nd, 2009 at 6:00 pm said:

Preview of LBP Premium Avatars?

+ Veign on December 22nd, 2009 at 6:00 pm said:

What some crap…Vagrant Story from the EU store it is for me! Glad I waited all day for the US store to update before I bought it…could have already been playing it all day. I guess updates have been moved back to 9pm est now?

+ Anddo on December 22nd, 2009 at 6:01 pm said: