GTAV PS4

LittleBigPlanet – Sack it to Me: “Sackboy Greetings” Edition

Mark Valledor's Avatar + Posted by Mark Valledor on Dec 23, 2009 // Marketing Manager, SCEA

Greetings Sackpeople!

Wanted to shoot out one last “Sack it to Me” before our holiday break and as promised wanted to provide some more goodies…

LBP_New on the PlayStation Store

PSN avatars meets are here!!!

Its been a long time in the works, so we’re glad to finally introduce new PSN avatars. Avatars are now available individually or in bundles via the PlayStation Store. And the great news is, the first round of avatars happen to be all LittleBigPlanet avatars. Check out the first batch and let us know which avatars you’d like to see next.

LBP_PlanetsBundle_Avatar_Thumb_ALL LBP_FestiveBundle_Avatar_Thumb_ALL

LBP_Character1Bundle_Avatar_Thumb_ALL LBP_AnimalBundle_Avatar_Thumb_ALL

Disney’s Pirates of the Caribbean DLC packs

LBP_Pirates_Add-On_thumb_US LBP_Pirates_Native_Add-On_thumb_US

If you missed our big announcement last week and you haven’t gotten your hands on the Pirates of the Caribbean packs, you have a whole lot of catching up to do. Check out the PlayStation Store and check out the Pirates of the Caribbean Costume packs and Level Kit, with a ton of new costumes and levels to play. Special to this Level Kit is a new WATER gameplay element which is sure to change the way you play LittleBigPlanet. So get your snorkel and fins ready for a completely new, and WET adventure.

LBP_WhatsNew

LBP Plushies for the US!

Our friends at Senario has just unveiled our first official line of Sackboy plushies available at Amazon.com. Limited supply, but I know they’re restocking. Also stay tuned as we have more plans to get Sackboy to a retailer near you.

109 Comments

PAGE 1 2 3

+ easyaspie00 on December 23rd, 2009 at 1:05 pm said:

Woohoo!

I am loving the water, you guys are awesome! :]
And I’m about to purchase my new “Marvin” Avatar xD

I love that guy! :P

+ NissanFlyboy on December 23rd, 2009 at 1:06 pm said:

Looks sweet I cant wait til i get this!

Oh and here on the blog can we have temp account bans for people you yell first? or at least something to make them stop?

+ Zhi13 on December 23rd, 2009 at 1:09 pm said:

Wooo! LBP!! Im loving my Sackboy Avatar!

+ dragonmagician on December 23rd, 2009 at 1:11 pm said:

I want avatars for White Knight Chronicles and FF13 please.

So are all future avatars going to be premium (ie; have a price)? I would love it if we get some for playing a game, or getting enough trophies, etc.

+ Espeo on December 23rd, 2009 at 1:12 pm said:

I would love a Jack Sparrow or Raiden Sackboy avatar

+ Nidarom319 on December 23rd, 2009 at 1:15 pm said:

I love the new add on content. I’ve been waiting for awhile for new MM levels. Its good to see some new ones come out

With that said, I am not happy with having to PAY for avatars. If you are going to charge for new avatars, at least release some free ones as well, similar to how you release themes you have to pay for and free ones, and also similar to LBP costumes, some you pay for some are given out for free.
I really hope to see new FREE avatars come to the PSN store

+ mywhitenoise on December 23rd, 2009 at 1:18 pm said:

I bought the Pirates packs, and the pirates costumes as an appreciation for the levels.
(stick to levels, I dont really care for extra costumes).

..but I will not PAY to advertise for YOU, especially when we’ve had the same crappy avatars for 3 years.

+ bball230 on December 23rd, 2009 at 1:22 pm said:

how about PSN avatars that move. like a sackboy running on the world just like the dynamic theme. I dont see how the above avatars are really all that “premium”

+ mywhitenoise on December 23rd, 2009 at 1:23 pm said:

how do you guys NOT have “He’s A Pirate” as one of the songs for the pack?

+ UnholierThanThou on December 23rd, 2009 at 1:24 pm said:

Mixed feelings about AAAAALLLL of this… I still think water should be free, even though I bought that damnable Disney pack anyway. I am fully addicted to you, MM. This is proven by the fact that you got me to buy something Disney branded… *sigh* Glad to see avatars, even at 50 cents ea. I think it’s a decent way to spend the leftover aggregate change from PSN Store purchases.

+ zopi-san on December 23rd, 2009 at 1:24 pm said:

nice avatars i got 4:)
I want some KZ2 or MW2 avatars!!!

+ Dice_for_Death_ on December 23rd, 2009 at 1:29 pm said:

I picked up the standard SackBoy, naked and glorious. $0.49? Please. I would’ve dropped $0.75.

+ Metellica505 on December 23rd, 2009 at 1:36 pm said:

Modern Warfare 2 Avatars would make my holiday!

+ mywhitenoise on December 23rd, 2009 at 1:38 pm said:

Yeah, the water should be free for all creators. I paid for the pack, but only for the Media Molecule levels (that alone is worth $6).

I think all newcomers and creators should have access to water, though. Kind of sucks that this game is finally getting great features (online create mode, water) that it should have received day 1.
You know what I would LOVE? Evil sackboys, real enemies.

+ ixnine on December 23rd, 2009 at 1:38 pm said:

Thank you Mark and everyone at Sony and Mm for the updates, avatars, Pirates level/costume packs and water! Hope you guys have a great holiday and new year!

+ KidCommando on December 23rd, 2009 at 1:44 pm said:

Wow, im so glad the 3.0 update added the ability for Sony to charge us money for more avatars that are just like our old ones!

All you had to do was label them “premium” and you’re all set to have the kids go nuts for them.

Sony, would you kindly take all 14 of your $.50 avatars and shove em in your disc slot!

your “premium” avatar addition is completely PATHETIC and I will NEVER pay .50 for a thumbnail image.

Yes, I can afford $.50 (to the tool bags who assume people are cheap)….its called principles.

+ smokey_vols on December 23rd, 2009 at 1:44 pm said:

Been waiting on those plushies forever, but i’m a little disapointed in them. They don’t look quite right, especially the sackgirl one.

+ MrBeatdown on December 23rd, 2009 at 1:45 pm said:

Free avatars please. You should know we have all waited long enough for some new ones. And not just a few. Considering there are over 20 million PSN accounts, there should be way more than the few hundred free ones currently available, most of which are so bad nobody uses them.

+ NeoHumpty on December 23rd, 2009 at 1:49 pm said:

I am hoping that the Premium Subscriptions you will be offering soon will include unlimited access to all themes and avatars. I would like to see the ability to submit our own avatars for approval. I’d pay $5 for that, but probably not $0.50 for one that hundreds of thousands of others are using. Pre-made avatars would be a nice thing for the makers of a game to give out to people who own the game.

+ DZORMAGEN on December 23rd, 2009 at 1:50 pm said:

Thanks Mm I bought both the Level pack, and the Costume pack!

What are the chances of getting a Mickey Mouse and Friends pack next year?

Can you please list all the Disney packs that are coming for LBP PS3?

Cause I will buy them all!! :)

+ DZORMAGEN on December 23rd, 2009 at 1:50 pm said:

P.S. I forgot to add Happy Holidays!!

+ sethchilders on December 23rd, 2009 at 1:51 pm said:

The water pack for LittleBigPlanet is amazing! I also really like the new LBP avatars, but it would be nice if they were free.

+ ccsdc83 on December 23rd, 2009 at 1:51 pm said:

Are we going to have more Avatars from different games in the future?

+ Kchow23 on December 23rd, 2009 at 1:55 pm said:

MGS4 Avatars, and how about a preview of them

+ Knight__one on December 23rd, 2009 at 1:58 pm said:

Why can’t my sub accounts use my Premium Avatars I bought?

+ Lust_and_Greed on December 23rd, 2009 at 2:06 pm said:

Congrats to:

Zhi13
zopi-san
ixnine
Knight_One

You guys are officially owned by Sony the pimp and are his most valued tricks.

+ EyeAmmMcLovin on December 23rd, 2009 at 2:07 pm said:

The POTC pack is amazing! Even better than the MGS one. Whats the word on the Ratchet pack? Anything? Also, you guys should conisder doing a Lord of the Rings pack. That would be the ultimate!! DO IT!!! lol

+ E-Phoenix- on December 23rd, 2009 at 2:10 pm said:

Awesome but can you guys put some Modern Warfare 2 and Metal Gear solid 4 Avatars?

+ E-Phoenix- on December 23rd, 2009 at 2:11 pm said:

Awesome but can we have some Modern Warfare 2 and Metal Gear Solid 4 Avatars?

+ sithaer on December 23rd, 2009 at 2:18 pm said:

Hmmm…….. Uh, I guess I spent unwisely with my avatar? :D
No, I think its perfect for my leftover cents on the PSN store.

+ Kreamz28 on December 23rd, 2009 at 2:23 pm said:

I want Killzone avatars and maybe some smiley avatars.

+ Kreamz28 on December 23rd, 2009 at 2:24 pm said:

I want Killzone avatars and maybe some smileys or other avatars not based on games.

+ mi33ke on December 23rd, 2009 at 2:29 pm said:

LBP is cool, but I wish sony would give this much attention to DLC with more of their exclusive games like infamous, uncharted 2, killzone 2, resistence 2. Come on infamous could have had a motion comic like uncharted 2 or killzone2 could’ve had mission dlc for single player as well as resistance 2 and uncharted 2 could’ve mission dlc for single player. How about taking your avatar from playstation home and put it on the xmb for offline use and put it on your psn ID? That would be nice.

+ LightAce on December 23rd, 2009 at 2:29 pm said:

Free avatars, that are game-related and not just random stuff such as a stupid orange traffic cone would very much appreciated

+ Bioman20 on December 23rd, 2009 at 2:36 pm said:

What do Avatars do?

+ LittleBigPodcast on December 23rd, 2009 at 2:40 pm said:

Hey! I have an avatar problem! I bought them on my dad’s Master Account, since it’s linked to his credit card. Then when I logged in to my account, they didn’t show up as a selection! Do they transfer over accounts on the same system? The Store says yes, but it’s not working! HELP!

+ TubaDude49 on December 23rd, 2009 at 2:40 pm said:

Can we just have a custom avatar of our own sackperson, now that would be something that I would buy.

+ IceCold on December 23rd, 2009 at 2:41 pm said:

I want to see Avatar LBP avatars!!!

+ IceCold on December 23rd, 2009 at 2:43 pm said:

oh and of course FFXIII avatars!

+ TubaDude49 on December 23rd, 2009 at 2:45 pm said:

@19 I hope we never get premium subscriptions, and by the way, you can already build your own themes for free, just most people don’t know that.

+ ContrarianKing on December 23rd, 2009 at 2:46 pm said:

That looks really cool!

+ DANO69 on December 23rd, 2009 at 2:51 pm said:

I can only say if this the only type of lame “kiddiefied” avitars we see in the future from other games…You can keep um.

+ zombie_56 on December 23rd, 2009 at 2:52 pm said:

got my sackboy avatar an hour ago it looks pretty good

+ rbanke on December 23rd, 2009 at 2:54 pm said:

I just spent 30 minutes on the phone with my mother who is trying to figure out how to get past the opening credits with my 7 year old nephew… I never thought this game was confusing but apparently it can be.

+ Zezzler on December 23rd, 2009 at 2:56 pm said:

Its nice to see at least some people are releasing avatars. other developers could learn A LOT from you guys (not just avatars :P ). i mean really though, how much effort does it take to make a small 500kb PNG of ANYTHING. Really, again, good job. well over-due, but here none-the-less.

Water looks cool too BTW.

+ sithlordcody on December 23rd, 2009 at 2:58 pm said:

I would like some assains creed avatars and uncharted 2 and some starwars ones

+ roseofmayix on December 23rd, 2009 at 2:59 pm said:

The plush sackboys on amazon don’t look anywhere near as amazing as the nice ones that were released in the UK only.

+ divine1000 on December 23rd, 2009 at 3:02 pm said:

I must admit to being dissapointed with the premium avatars. Considering the time it has taken to implement them, I was expecting something a little more substantial.
Why exactly has it taken so long to produce & release these small PNG images? I don’t think you should really be charging for them or releasing them at such a slow rate. Three years into the life cycle of this console, there should be a huge selection of recognisable PlayStation icons available for free.

+ harpdevil on December 23rd, 2009 at 3:03 pm said:

Suggestion:
Loads of companies online will make things to order. You can design your own converse shoes and have them sent to you, WoW will make a mini statuette of your character, children can design monsters and have the made into toys.

How perfect would this be for little big planet plushies! Even if you had set options for eyes, clothes, sacks etc, it would be perfect for the ideals behind the game and it would make such a wonderful thing to own. I know there is a company out there that allows you to make your own muppet from a set number of options, doing this with sackboy would be even better.

+ xRUSTYx_Snipe_5x on December 23rd, 2009 at 3:03 pm said:

WOW! This is Ridiculous! I am tired of Sony’s crap. I was excited to hear that we were finally getting new avatars after 3 years but then i found out that we will have to buy them?? Who do they think they are making us pay for something that should be updated every week or given to us for completing challenges? Who ever buys one of these avatars is a joke and an idiot for letting Sony swindle you out of your money!

PAGE 1 2 3