PS4 - Destiny

Happy Holidays From Guerrilla!

Sebastian Downie's Avatar + Posted by Sebastian Downie on Dec 28, 2009 // Producer, Guerrilla Games

Between the release of Killzone 2, the Behind The Bullet demo, the three DLC map packs and the PlayStation Home content, this has been an extremely eventful year for all of us here at Guerrilla. We wish to express our heartfelt gratitude to you, the fans, for supporting us throughout 2009 – by cheering us on, by playing our game, by giving us feedback and by sharing your passion. Without your enthusiasm, there simply wouldn’t be a Killzone 2. We hope you have a wonderful Christmas and an exciting New Year!

We hope you’ll come visit us regularly at Killzone.com.

Killzone 2 Merry Christmas

83 Comments

PAGE 1 2

+ H3llMafia on December 28th, 2009 at 6:01 am said:

Happy Holidays to you too Guerrilla. Love playing your game.

+ Jim777 on December 28th, 2009 at 6:02 am said:

Thank you guys for supporting Home and making such a fun game :)

+ Sindred on December 28th, 2009 at 6:07 am said:

Yeah I constantly wear the Helghast costume in home. Best looking attire in home.

+ jinkwell on December 28th, 2009 at 6:12 am said:

Thank you for continuing to support this title and for increasing the longevity of the game! Can’t wait to see what you guys have in your arsenal for 2010!

+ KILLZONE79 on December 28th, 2009 at 6:13 am said:

Happy Holidays Guerrilla Games

+ jinkwell on December 28th, 2009 at 6:13 am said:

Thank you for continuing to support Killzone 2 and increasing the longevity of the title. Can’t wait to see what you guys have up your sleeves for 2010!

+ blue999mk2 on December 28th, 2009 at 6:23 am said:

Killzone 2 is my GOTY 2009
The tournament will never die !
Happy new year to Guerrilla Games !

+ Fsk-Kain on December 28th, 2009 at 6:24 am said:

My Personal Game Awards 2009

-Best Shooter> Killzone 2

-Best Multiplayer Game> Killzone 2

-Best Graphics> Killzone 2 and Uncharted 2

-Studio of the Year> Guerrilla and Noughy Dog

Thanks Guerrilla! Go on this way!

+ rc94 on December 28th, 2009 at 6:37 am said:

Thanks for giving me the best times I had on my console this year. Clan matches on KZ2 with the VGE0 crew were unforgettable. :D

+ theBedBurner on December 28th, 2009 at 6:42 am said:

2009 wouldn’t have been much without Killzone 2.

+ poweredbyzen on December 28th, 2009 at 6:53 am said:

can’t wait for killzone 3!

+ BigRon3400 on December 28th, 2009 at 7:05 am said:

Killzone 2 should have won FPS of the year for sure. MW2 rips off alot of good ideas from you guys. Can’t wait for KZ3 so you can show Infinity Ward how an FPS should be made. Your clan features are top notch. Just please make the dialogue better in the next campaign. The characters in KZ2 sounded like retards with guns instead of highly trained soldiers. The Helghast voices were perfect though. Leave those the same. Her’s wishing you a happy new year GG and much more success!

+ ParadoX444 on December 28th, 2009 at 7:07 am said:

Thank you for such a great game, and for listening to us on custom soundtrack on multiplayer!, something most won’t do even tho we pay and support them…(monopoly perhaps?) so thank you for this perfection fps :)

+ ROLO_ONFIRE on December 28th, 2009 at 7:14 am said:

KZ2 opened an awesome year for the PS3, thanks for making such a great game. btw the flashlight attached to the shotgun makes the game look even morre impressive, just wish more guns had that

+ MadmanEU on December 28th, 2009 at 7:18 am said:

Killzone 2 WAS a gem on the Ps3, now after having played several superior FPS’ since (Bioshock, MW2, etc.), the controls in K2 make the game unplayable.

Bravo on the accolades, the time you spend was obviously not in vain, but I will not be buying Killzone 3 unless the controls are made to be responsive and usable. \

Cheers

+ TENCUHTLI on December 28th, 2009 at 7:40 am said:

And happy holidays to you guys! Thanks for this amazing game!!

+ BigRon3400 on December 28th, 2009 at 7:41 am said:

Is it too much to ask for a training mission where we can play as Helghast and kill Rico in KZ3? I’d pay 60 bucks for that alone.

+ Kenshin71 on December 28th, 2009 at 7:50 am said:

Thanks GG. Superb game, MP is like crack. Just hope KZ3 has a meatier, more compelling story line though and no stupid assault class. Please don’t listen to the COD kiddies and change the controls. The weight and feedback of the weapons in KZ2 is how a real shooter should be.

+ BiezulbubBill69 on December 28th, 2009 at 7:50 am said:

Killzone 3 please kthxbai =)

+ DJ_DTM on December 28th, 2009 at 7:51 am said:

Speaking of Home and Killzone 2 I bet someone at Guerrilla would love to see what the throne room looks like as a rave location.
Check The Playstion Fourms,

+ allblu on December 28th, 2009 at 7:58 am said:

Happy Hoidays GG!
When can we expect Killzone 3 news?

character specific missions and secondary fire again pleeeaaase.

+ killjoy3000 on December 28th, 2009 at 8:08 am said:

Pic win. Cannot wait for the third one! You guys did an excellent job.

+ Spunta on December 28th, 2009 at 8:08 am said:

@12

This. This. A thousand times this.
I never got into a multiplayer FPS ’til Killzone 2 came about. The single player needs so more fluent storytelling but that didn’t hinder the action and gameplay.

Here’s looking forward to another 365 days from you guys.

+ wu-stix on December 28th, 2009 at 8:31 am said:

I got the game when it first came out and just got the grand valor cross yesterday. I think it was the best game this year for multiplayer. I can’t wait for part 3 but please have Rico die in the first few minutes; he was annoying as hell.

Madmaneu the controls in killzone 2 are much better than MW2 the difference being in MW2 you have auto aim which makes the game accessible for people who can’t be bothered to learn how to play an fps. So when you say the controls suck you are saying that you suck.

+ gekko1986 on December 28th, 2009 at 8:35 am said:

Really loved this game…until you guys kept changing it with patches. The bots are infuriating. How about for KZ3 you guys stick with the design you came up with, because originally the game was awesome.

+ enormhi on December 28th, 2009 at 8:48 am said:

For Real? On the 28th? Christmas is past!

+ RevengerAD on December 28th, 2009 at 9:02 am said:

Enormhi
Orthodox Christmas is celebrating on January 7

+ sscoolChea on December 28th, 2009 at 9:24 am said:

THANKS GUERILLA for such an OUTSTANDING GAME

LOVE KILLZONE 2

+ Zezzler on December 28th, 2009 at 9:33 am said:

happy holiday guys, thanks for the awesomeness you have served to us…
how about co-op gameplay (offline, and online) for a xmas present? :P

+ phinnv8 on December 28th, 2009 at 9:36 am said:

Killzone 2 was an awesome game, glad I played it. It coulda been a lot better if they fixed the sluggish controls and limited multiplayer to 24 players instead of 32 (it was just always too much of a cluster F for me on those small maps to enjoy). I’d probably still be playing it now if that was the case.

+ Jeigh on December 28th, 2009 at 9:39 am said:

I STILL enjoy the multiplayer matches in Killzone 2. It’s so enjoyable to play with all of the different classes and completely change things up. All that you guys came up with shows that you’re an incredibly creative and inventive studio. Kudos on this year’s accomplishment.

The matches HAVE been getting terribly one-sided though. It seems like every match lately, there’s one team that dominates the other. I’m talking complete shut-outs or only a single match won- usually assassination. Still, sometimes it can be quite fun to take out my Tactician and see if I can’t shake things up- screw with the at-that-point arrogant enemies and catch them off-guard. Actually, sometimes that can be more enjoyable than winning, since whenever I’m on the winning side, I don’t enjoy myself because I know that the enemy is absolutely frustrated.

+ Santos21 on December 28th, 2009 at 9:50 am said:

Happy Holidays GG!! Loved killzone 2! One of my favorite games of all time. Cant wait for Killzone 3..its gonna be incredible! well happy holidays and keep up the good work!

+ RioHustlaInc on December 28th, 2009 at 9:57 am said:

My greatest Christmas wish is for Kill-Zone 3 to run at a smooth 60 frames per second. That’s all =) Sebastian I hope you are reading this, Killzone 3 = 60 frames per second.

+ jqtaxpayer on December 28th, 2009 at 10:02 am said:

Happy holidays to you, GG… again, great work on Killzone 2 — and I love the controls, FYI… my pick for GOTY 2009, in spite of what other sites may say.

+ Dice_for_Death_ on December 28th, 2009 at 10:04 am said:

Thanks for making 2009 all the sweeter with the release of your much-anticipated title. Kudos +1 to Sony, as well.

+ BigBoss114 on December 28th, 2009 at 10:19 am said:

Can you guys put out an update that unlocks the save file?

+ AG-WarFighter on December 28th, 2009 at 10:20 am said:

Killzone 2 should of won the best graphics.I love your games and your game engine.Happy Holidays!

+ ADR143 on December 28th, 2009 at 10:22 am said:

Killzone 2 was a good run but not good enough to be GOAT.

the graphics was sick! but gameplay could of been better!

i know Killzone 3 will be better!

Meryy x mas and happy new year Guerilla!

+ Kchow23 on December 28th, 2009 at 10:25 am said:

Happy Holidays… hope Killzone 3 has a better story, learn from Uncharted 2

+ Kchow23 on December 28th, 2009 at 10:25 am said:

or Modern Warfare 2

+ PullusPardusUS on December 28th, 2009 at 10:30 am said:

Very underrated game sadly =[

+ vesra on December 28th, 2009 at 10:35 am said:

how about some more double xp weekends? seems to me you just miss a great weekend for it, with another coming up.

+ liketoski on December 28th, 2009 at 10:39 am said:

Killzone is my favorite game, to me it’s the game that killed Halo! KZ2 is definately how FPS should be done, but if you don’t mind I have some suggestions that would have made it even better. Split Screen, Co-Op, More Weapons like the ones from Killzone 1, and finally to not limit the weapons for every class the Hybrid class option is good, but it would be better for any class to use any weapon, but the perks for every class, like how only medics can revive players, should stay the same. I know you have gotten many suggestions, but these things are what people want. Thank you for hearing me out and Merry Christmas to you too!!!!! :)

+ ATOMS11 on December 28th, 2009 at 10:56 am said:

I heard a rumor that Killzone 3 was in development! Also that it runs at 60 FPS with fully destructible environments!
If these rumors are true please confirm here at the PlayStation Blog first!

+ TheGuardianFID on December 28th, 2009 at 10:59 am said:

Thank you GG, for bringing us one of the greatest games I’ve ever played, Shooter of the year, nuff said!!! :D

+ x_VarPo_x on December 28th, 2009 at 11:20 am said:

Happy Holidays!! Kz2 Is my GOTY :)

+ RurouniSaiya-jin on December 28th, 2009 at 11:27 am said:

No. Thank you for delivering with Killzone 2. I look forward to playing the next Killzone whenever it may come.

+ spunnups on December 28th, 2009 at 11:36 am said:

GG, you guys made the ultimate FGS this year. Here’s to you and yours. Merry Christmas and Happy New Year!!

+ colonel007 on December 28th, 2009 at 11:51 am said:

Happy Holidays to Guerilla! Killzone 2 is an awesome game. I just finish the game yesterday for the second time and I have one thing to say: KILL RICO!

Have a great Holiday and a Happy New Year 2010. I’m eager to see what other projects you have for us, hopefully Killzone 3.

+ FredPunella on December 28th, 2009 at 11:58 am said:

MadmanEU: “now after having played several superior FPS’ since (Bioshock, MW2, etc.), the controls in K2 make the game unplayable.”

LOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!