PS4-The Order

Happy Holidays from Insomniac Games!

James Stevenson's Avatar + Posted by James Stevenson on Dec 29, 2009 // Community Lead, Insomniac Games

Hey everyone!

A very Happy Holidays to you all from all of us here at Insomniac Games. This is a great time of year for all of us, as we take time off to be with our family, friends, and to play all of the videogames from this year that we missed out on while making Ratchet & Clank Future: A Crack in Time. Some of us will be busy exploring with Nathan Drake in UNCHARTED 2: Among Thieves, others will be unlocking the powers of Cole MacGrath in inFAMOUS. We might find ourselves buried in BioWare’s latest epic Dragon Age: Origins, or maybe just jamming out to Lego Rock Band with the family. Regardless, it’s an exciting holiday season with a ton of good games. Hopefully you’ve had the chance to check out Ratchet and Clank Future: A Crack in Time, but if not, it’s the perfect game to cash in those gift cards for (in our humble opinion).

Every year, we send out Christmas cards to close friends and partners of the studio, and we always love to share those cards with our fans over the internet. This year’s card portraying Ratchet, Clank, Qwark and Nefarious was created by Dave Guertin, our principle artist in North Carolina. He and Greg Baldwin were also responsible for the sculptures of the employee only Ratchet & Clank vinyl collectibles. There are still a few sets of these vinyls left that are being auctioned for charity to benefit Starlight Foundation. You can see their currently listed items and bid on them here.

2009 Insomniac Games Holiday Card

Thanks again for all of your support for us, and for our games. We are so grateful for our fans -– and we can’t wait to get back next year and show you what we’re working on next!

Happy Holidays!

100 Comments

PAGE 1 2

+ enormhi on December 29th, 2009 at 6:05 am said:

Same to you!!

+ XxDeathDoctorxX on December 29th, 2009 at 6:06 am said:

resistance3?

+ enormhi on December 29th, 2009 at 6:08 am said:

Same to you. I haven’t played R&C. But someday I will.

+ MattG-PTB on December 29th, 2009 at 6:08 am said:

If there are ever plans for Ratchet & Clank Christmas tree ornaments, one of the items up for consideration needs to be a Nefarious-in-the-box.

+ Sindred on December 29th, 2009 at 6:11 am said:

I love you guys!! You make some of the bestest bestest games!

Looking forward to another year of great games!

+ MassaBR on December 29th, 2009 at 6:11 am said:

Thank you guys! Looking forward to that Resistance 3 announcement. :P

+ poweredbyzen on December 29th, 2009 at 6:12 am said:

happy holidays! thanks for infamous and dragon’s age origins! can’t wait for new and exciting games next year!

+ Fersis on December 29th, 2009 at 6:16 am said:

Same to you.
Happy hollydays for the lads and lasses at Insomniac Games.
Specially James…. and Ted ‘Prize’ Price ;)

+ Korbei83 on December 29th, 2009 at 6:20 am said:

I got RCF:CIT for Christmas. So good.

Qwark’s “The door is ajar” line really cracked us up.

Happy Festivus Insomniac!

+ Pesico on December 29th, 2009 at 6:28 am said:

Happy holidays to you all at Insomniac as well. Can’t wait to hear what you are working on next.

+ samich2007 on December 29th, 2009 at 6:29 am said:

You 2! Happy Holidays! I loved the games from insomniac in 2009! I hope that there will be even better games in 2010! Can you give us a hint to a new title you are creating?

And you don’t go multiplatform arn’t you?

+ Pilot-Alan on December 29th, 2009 at 6:33 am said:

JUST TELL US WHEN IS HEAVY RAIN GOING TO BE RELEASED…. WE ARE SOOOOO TIRED OF WAITING

+ Capt-Fury- on December 29th, 2009 at 6:34 am said:

Happy Holidays! ACiT is the best Ratchet game so far.

+ Pilot-Alan on December 29th, 2009 at 6:35 am said:

WHEN IS HEAVY RAIN GOING TO BE RELEASE THIS IS OUR GIFT…NOT SOMETHING ELSE…We are tired of waiting

+ reson8er on December 29th, 2009 at 6:37 am said:

Happy Holidays guys, I loved every second of R&C:ACiT and will probably be going back for a third playthrough soon.

I suggest you also check out Demon’s Souls, another great PS3 game. Have a great New Year, looking forward to the return of the podcast!

+ Silurus on December 29th, 2009 at 6:42 am said:

I loved Ratchet & Clank Future: A Crack in Time but was a little disappointed in Resistance 2. Hope No.3 will kick ass.

+ gor1llap1mp on December 29th, 2009 at 6:50 am said:

Hey James, Insomniac and fellow insomniacs! Happy New Year and thank you for taking the time out to to say hi during this time. Thank you all for all the great games since Spyro, man that first game surely was revolutionary! Ive been meaning to say, it would be amazing to see Insomniac do a fully 2-d platformer with beautiful high res graphics and stuff on PSN! If anybody can give Super Mario Bros a run for their money its definately you guys. Maybe even perhaps a new IP? Be safe this holiday and godspeed!

+ SOOPERGOOMAN187 on December 29th, 2009 at 6:53 am said:

Ev enthough this comment may never show up because they are blocking my comments to this blog( freedom of speech anyone) I would like to say Thank You for a Great year of Games. You FOLKS ROCK! I hope that 2010 brings to you the same if not better success than that of 2009. You do a great job at keeping your fans Entertained and Happy.

Don’t Change!

Merry Ho Ho to you too.

+ bbonds_007 on December 29th, 2009 at 7:19 am said:

I hope you guys are hard at work on Resistance 3, I am a massive Resistance fan even though I didnt like R2’s campaign that much… Make R3 have a campaign like RFOM (gritty WWII SCARY setting), with both R2 and RFOM type co-ops.

+ BigRon3400 on December 29th, 2009 at 7:39 am said:

Loving the new Ratchet & Clank game guys! I’ve played every game in the series and I gotta tell you that these games are great. I’m a few hours into ACIT and there is just so much to do! I don’t know what to do first or what to go for, I’m just dumbfounded by all the new features. So great job and happy holidays! Can’t wait for Resistance 3! R2’s campaign was epic and one of the best and most memorable I’ve ever played. The competitive multiplayer was a bit of a let down though. The kills were just to hard to get. I felt like you had to pump an entire clip into an enemy just to get a kill. Other than that it was great, loved the co-op. Ok guess I can get off my fanboy love rant and just say hope you guys are enjoying your time off and don’t forget to play some PSN titles like Pixeljunk Shooter!

+ omnilaw on December 29th, 2009 at 7:47 am said:

Thank you and Merry Christmas!

Resistance 1 & 2 completed
Ratchet and Clank Future 1, Quest for Boot and 2 Completed

Resistance Retribution Completed although not actually Insomniac, Great Story and Game.

Now I’m waiting for news and more so a trailer and release date for Resistance 3!!!!!!!!!!!!

+ liketoski on December 29th, 2009 at 7:51 am said:

Merry Christmas!!!!!!!!!! For next Christmas I’m wishing for Resistance 3, ok!!!!!!!!

+ BlindMango on December 29th, 2009 at 7:53 am said:

thanks Insomniac! I’ve been playing R&C Future: A Crack in Time over the past few months and what a great game! I almost have the platinum and all I have to do is finish the game in challenge mode. I’m just wondering why you guys have made the “My Blaster runs really, really hot” trophy so damn difficult and a bronze at that! lol.

+ BlindMango on December 29th, 2009 at 7:55 am said:

…oh, and kudos on the refined space missions, I LOVE the space levels now, much better than past games.

+ ParadoX444 on December 29th, 2009 at 8:01 am said:

I love u guys also I’m a dedicated insomiac ps3 fan, I hope the multiplatform thing isn’t true. It would just limit on what u guys are truley capabile of.

+ Tiberux on December 29th, 2009 at 8:05 am said:

Thanks Insomniac. I hope you guys had a great Christmas, and have a Happy New Year. I look forward to seeing where you take Ratchet and Clank next time. Although I’m not a fan of the Resistance games, I wish you the best of luck with the next installment, and hope it’s a major hit with everyone.

+ mafecto on December 29th, 2009 at 8:09 am said:

Everyone should get this game, as it is the best R&C I’ve played thus far. Really, I’m just blown away by how polished it is. Nice work!

+ MoneyMan167 on December 29th, 2009 at 8:13 am said:

Same to you guys
my only wish was to put in online
R&C JUST like the ps2 ver.

+ KazeEternal on December 29th, 2009 at 8:23 am said:

Right back at you guys :-D

Ratchet and Clank ACiT completed!

Resistance 2…. after 1 year and 1 month of playing Competitive Mode I finally got my Killing Machine trophy…. I hate this trophy and for the love of god do not make me go through that again on Resistance 3. I don’t mind occasional competitive, but I’m more of a co-op guy. I now know more about R2 then I cared to. Fun game, but that trophy has essentially killed my love for Resistance 2.

Anyway can’t wait to see Insomniacs next game *wink* and hope it has a huge co-op experience.

+ spunnups on December 29th, 2009 at 8:39 am said:

Love you guys, I just picked up ACIT yesterday and I plan on digging into it very soon. I don’t think I’ve missed one Ratchet and Clank since the series debuted.

Also, I want to commend you for shifting gears a bit and giving us Resistance. The first one is the best launch title ever and really got me into online gaming. The second one is so addicting I have a platinum for that and it didn’t feel like a grind at all.

Thanks again for all the hard work you guys put into your games. Good luck in the future.

PS – For Resistance, please bring back online coop for the next one, it’s an absolute thrill ride. I don’t know how you guys do it, but there is never any lag in your games. You guys rock!

+ Carl-G on December 29th, 2009 at 8:49 am said:

I LOVED ‘Ratchet&Clank:A Crack in Time ;P I WANT MORE! I don’t care what a few fools on the internet say, i want more. Always FUN to play R&C games ;)

+ Hobartbob on December 29th, 2009 at 8:50 am said:

WE WANT RESISTANCE 3 NOW!!!!!!
Resistance 2 was an instant classic. Can’t wait for the new one. Great job Insomniac!!

+ hife on December 29th, 2009 at 8:55 am said:

My new year’s resolution is to play Resistance 3 this year. I’m going to need your help to make that happen. Please!

+ phinnv8 on December 29th, 2009 at 9:16 am said:

I like this one. I gotta say Insomniac, I bought A Crack in Time to play with my gf and it’s awesome. I already got the Platinum trophy (it was a bit easy). This game is way better than Mario Galaxy it’s a shame more people in that console camp don’t know about your series.

If R3 is your next project, please go for better graphics and story this time, get rid of the over-saturated look. That’s just my opinion at least. I believe you acknowledged your done with 60fps and now going for 30fps more detail. That could be interesting if done right.

+ hush404 on December 29th, 2009 at 9:31 am said:

Sadly RnC wasn’t under the tree for me this year, but I’ll pick it up some time after finishing some other titles.

+ Mucudadada on December 29th, 2009 at 9:36 am said:

Happy Holidays! Thank you for the fantastic game!

+ Blkant on December 29th, 2009 at 9:43 am said:

No Killzone 2 love O_o You guys hatters of their FPS?

jk

You guys really redemed yourselves with the new Ratchet and Clank this year :)
(And hopefully the latest rumor about you guys going mp isn’t true)

So happy new year ^_^

+ cleversignin on December 29th, 2009 at 9:50 am said:

happy holidays to you and the crew. thanks for taking the time to make great games.

+ Kchow23 on December 29th, 2009 at 9:54 am said:

Happy Holidays! A Crack in Time is an amazing game!

+ Airwalkinman17 on December 29th, 2009 at 9:58 am said:

You guys are my favorite developers BAR NONE!!! I love the Resistance series (although R2 was a bit of a let down).

Special REQUEST for Resistance3:
Bring back split screen for the campaign PLEASE- I’M BEGGING YOU!!!!!!!!!

I can’t wait for whatever you guys are cooking, here’s wishing everyone of you a happy and successful 2010!

+ Demonized on December 29th, 2009 at 10:01 am said:

Merry Christmas and a very Happy New Year to everyone at Insomniac Games!

You guys are one of my favourite developers not only because I enjoy every game from your studio that I’ve ever played but also because of how you guys treat the community and just genuinely come off as a very caring and respectful group of developers.

Looking forward to your next game sooner rather than later!

+ Azure-Edge on December 29th, 2009 at 10:15 am said:

Happy holidays dudes, can’t wait for Resistance 3

+ JohnnySasaki on December 29th, 2009 at 10:15 am said:

Happy Holidays! Thanks for the great games!

I’m doing quite a bit of catch-up myself…

+ Zookey on December 29th, 2009 at 10:21 am said:

Happy Holidays guys!

+ HongoXIII on December 29th, 2009 at 10:37 am said:

Happy Holidays to you too, Insomniac. You are one of the best developers in the entire industry and I hope we continue to see it carry on into the next decade! :)

+ Dhrox on December 29th, 2009 at 10:52 am said:

Happy Holidays to all of you at Insomniac games.

Ratchet and Clank:CiT was in my top 3 best 2009 games. The kind of game that you only play because it’s pure fun.

+ Jeigh on December 29th, 2009 at 10:59 am said:

You guys rock! I can’t wait to get my hands on ACiT just as soon as I can. (Money, y’know?) I’m sure you guys deserve the break, but I really do envy you guys your jobs. Must be so much fun to see your creations come to life like that.

I wish you the best possible next year. I’m definitely interested in hearing about your next title! =)

+ Enigma777 on December 29th, 2009 at 11:06 am said:

ACiT was one of the best games I played this year and the best game that has come out of Insomniac in a while. Keep it up!!!

Are there any DLC plans?

+ Bris_Blade on December 29th, 2009 at 11:21 am said:

Got UC2 for Christmas, but don’t worry saving up for both R&C:ACIT, and WKC.

+ Rude_Sparthan on December 29th, 2009 at 11:23 am said: