PS4 - Batman Arkham Knight

Happy Holidays from Insomniac Games!

James Stevenson's Avatar + Posted by James Stevenson on Dec 29, 2009 // Community Lead, Insomniac Games

Hey everyone!

A very Happy Holidays to you all from all of us here at Insomniac Games. This is a great time of year for all of us, as we take time off to be with our family, friends, and to play all of the videogames from this year that we missed out on while making Ratchet & Clank Future: A Crack in Time. Some of us will be busy exploring with Nathan Drake in UNCHARTED 2: Among Thieves, others will be unlocking the powers of Cole MacGrath in inFAMOUS. We might find ourselves buried in BioWare’s latest epic Dragon Age: Origins, or maybe just jamming out to Lego Rock Band with the family. Regardless, it’s an exciting holiday season with a ton of good games. Hopefully you’ve had the chance to check out Ratchet and Clank Future: A Crack in Time, but if not, it’s the perfect game to cash in those gift cards for (in our humble opinion).

Every year, we send out Christmas cards to close friends and partners of the studio, and we always love to share those cards with our fans over the internet. This year’s card portraying Ratchet, Clank, Qwark and Nefarious was created by Dave Guertin, our principle artist in North Carolina. He and Greg Baldwin were also responsible for the sculptures of the employee only Ratchet & Clank vinyl collectibles. There are still a few sets of these vinyls left that are being auctioned for charity to benefit Starlight Foundation. You can see their currently listed items and bid on them here.

2009 Insomniac Games Holiday Card

Thanks again for all of your support for us, and for our games. We are so grateful for our fans -– and we can’t wait to get back next year and show you what we’re working on next!

Happy Holidays!

100 Comments

PAGE 1 2

+ BalramRules on December 29th, 2009 at 11:39 am said:

Insomniac and Guerilla Games has done something NEW! XD
I want something like this from EVERY SINGLE Dev working for titles on PlayStation XP

+ wu-stix on December 29th, 2009 at 11:43 am said:

Hopefully you guys will be releasing Resistance 3 this year. Resistance 2 was awesome even the campaign which people are hating on. It took me a while to get the 10000 kills in multiplayer but I finally did and got the platinum. The only thing I want to see in R3 is more co-op, as in more maps especially ones on the space ships.

I played a crack in time and have to say that I thought FTOD was the better game. I just like the sixaxis implementation especially the ball game and also the dialogue was a lot funnier. But one thing that would have made the game much better would be if you added online multiplayer.
I don’t know if you guys played poy-poy but having like 6 people go at it like that with all the weapons would be sweet or co-op tournements would be awesome also. The game was pretty good though and I enjoyed it more than MW2 and AC 2.

+ mckg123456789 on December 29th, 2009 at 11:49 am said:

Thanks Insomniac! I hope you guys are enjoying your break. Thanks for making great games!

+ TheGuardianFID on December 29th, 2009 at 11:57 am said:

R&C ACIT is the best game in the series imo and you guys nailed it, great job guys!!! Now as far as next year goes, Resistance 3 FTW, you rock insomniac!!! :D

+ anotherdae on December 29th, 2009 at 12:30 pm said:

Thanks for the great game Insomniac! Ratchet & Clank CIT was everything I wanted. Any hints as to the future for Ratchet and Clank?

+ Azira013 on December 29th, 2009 at 12:31 pm said:

Hey, that’s in skidd’s signature on MyRes.

Looks nice by the way!

+ Azira013 on December 29th, 2009 at 12:32 pm said:

Hey, that’s in skidd’s signature on MyResistance. Looks nice!

Merry Christmas!

+ phinnv8 on December 29th, 2009 at 12:49 pm said:

Sony why are you people so unbelievably unhelpful. I haven’t been able to access my friends list, trophies, on your website in WEEKS. All I get is “session expired” – fix your crap already.

+ JKar275 on December 29th, 2009 at 12:51 pm said:

@Insomniac Games: I wish you a very Healthy & Happy New Year! I love Resistance 2 and I’m hoping that you guys are going to make Resistance 3 even more awesome. I would appreciate it very much if our playable character could fight underwater enemies in Resistance 3 – because Resistance 2 had plenty of enemies in the water but you could not get into the water and fight them.

Also, I’m a big fan of the 8 player online co-op in Resistance 2 with the 3 classes and I’d like to see at least 5 new classes in Resistance 3.

+ mywhitenoise on December 29th, 2009 at 1:24 pm said:

I didn’t really care for A Crack In Time, but I loved the rest.

I didn’t conclude any plot line, and it wasn’t longer like I was led to believe. Also, what happened to that girl that helped you in the previous two games? What happened to the pirate theme? The weapon upgrade system was kind of pointless this time around. Overall it felt sloppier, didn’t look or feel as polished as Tools of Destruction was.

+ Uncle-Jack on December 29th, 2009 at 1:37 pm said:

A2DP in a firmware update !!!!!!!!!????????

+ VerIoren on December 29th, 2009 at 1:51 pm said:

Yay Ratchet and Clank! One of the greatest platformers in my opinion. I haven’t touched a Resistance title yet, but I might pick up the first one if I see it cheap over the sale period.

Anyhow Happy Holidays to you guys too!

+ AdoAJ on December 29th, 2009 at 1:52 pm said:

Resistance 3 at E3. I am probably going to get R & C: ACIT.

+ AdoAJ on December 29th, 2009 at 1:55 pm said:

In Resistance 3, I wanna see the weapons wheel, the co-op split screen definitely, the awesome multiplayer, and the online co-op. And of course an awesome single player filled with epic battles. This is my challenge to you.

+ Miles514 on December 29th, 2009 at 2:08 pm said:

Just say your working on resistance3. Proof can be givin that it is being worked on. Also i will have to apoligize about not getting ratchet and clank. I am going to hv to use my card to get fallout 3.

+ xiked on December 29th, 2009 at 2:11 pm said:

Insomniac games please listen to this because I think Sony agrees whit me:

Make a 2 years development cycle for your games so you can polish it enough to become a AAA title like Uncharted 2 and Killzone 2. Resistance 3 need to be a reboot and your second development studio you started needs to also be in that cycle. Also make a game that compete whit Fable and you have a winner. Because I believe in you guys I have bought every game from you guys but I dont like that many of your games have been lackluster. Especially Resistance 2.

Happy holidays!

+ KidCommando on December 29th, 2009 at 2:12 pm said:

Happy Holidays Insomniac!

I fell in love with R:FoM, but I have to say R2 was a little weak and didn’t infect me like FoM. Regardless, you guys have a great track record and produce some quality titles.

I am very excited to see what you guys and gals have cookin for 2010. Maybe a R3 is somewhere down the line, but I hope it goes back to more of a FoM formula.

Thanks for the many hours of solid gaming you have provided. I look forward to more in the future.

+ ADR143 on December 29th, 2009 at 2:22 pm said:

happy holidays to IG we all know that R3 is coming in 2010 so why not announce it already!

hopefully u guys listen to the fans and understand that RFOM gameplay is the way to make Resistance back on track

+ myz068u on December 29th, 2009 at 2:23 pm said:

happy holidays!

+ Berae on December 29th, 2009 at 2:30 pm said:

Happy holidays too! I hope you guys are working on a new IP that would be great

+ MegadethAndy on December 29th, 2009 at 2:33 pm said:

Good job guys. Thanks for staying with PlayStation.
Look forward to R3.

+ piro_z on December 29th, 2009 at 2:40 pm said:

Enjoying ACIT looking forward to resistance 3 :)

+ Erdie on December 29th, 2009 at 3:06 pm said:

Happy Holidays Insomniac team! Y’all did great on ACiT!

+ katsuo7171 on December 29th, 2009 at 3:25 pm said:

Happy Holidays to you too Insomniac!

Also please don’t go multiplatform. Sure you might not be making a lot of money with the PS3, but what you are doing is making DAMN good games that will go down in history. The same will not happen if you go multiplat. Plus don’t forget game development is a form of art, it should be done for the passion, and not for the quick buck.

+ afrosheen on December 29th, 2009 at 3:37 pm said:

I still can’t believe that one studio has made so many hits in one year. You guys are simply amazing. AMAZING. Best wishes in the new year!

+ SyphonFilter- on December 29th, 2009 at 4:52 pm said:

Happy holidays,Sony and insomniac 4 life!

+ dragonmagician on December 29th, 2009 at 7:36 pm said:

Happy Holidays to everyone at Insomniac.

I can’t wait to hear about your next project.

+ ajpfeif on December 29th, 2009 at 8:54 pm said:

You Rock Insomniac.
I love all of your games and I think you guys are awesome.
And I think R2 was awesome.
(Just because it was different from RFOM doesnt make it a bad game, like some people seem to think)
Can’t wait for Resistance 3.

Keep on doing what yur doin…

+ zain_bashir on December 29th, 2009 at 9:54 pm said:

no,thank you for a great game every year. hey i wanted to ask if you guys could put vechiles in resistance 3 multiplayer. happy holidays.

+ Jenovah on December 29th, 2009 at 10:14 pm said:

Please don’t go multi-Platform like the rumors are suggesting.

+ jwood87 on December 29th, 2009 at 11:23 pm said:

Thanks for a great year!

+ RoyalXIII on December 29th, 2009 at 11:51 pm said:

Happy late bday, lol. a Insomniac game has always been my 1st game when I got a PS system. PS1: spyro, PS2: Ratchet & Clank, PS3: Ratchet & Clank Future: Tools of Destruction. I hope you guys (& girls) continue to make RC. Especially since theirs still to many unanswered questions. :]

+ RoyalXIII on December 29th, 2009 at 11:53 pm said:

*sry, thought it said bday, not holiday. my bad. very tired

+ playing-my-games on December 30th, 2009 at 12:02 am said:

i really enjoy ratchet and clank crack in time, its awesome everyoen should buy, its a massive improvement for the series.
i also really enjoy uncharted 2, graphics are sweet, its fun as and has a tottally awesome online mmultiplayer thrown in.
BUY THESE TWO GAMES :)

+ bentl78 on December 30th, 2009 at 12:23 am said:

did a straight run thru of R&C: TOD, Q&B, and ACIT! loved every minute of it~ hope to see more from you guys soon~ not a FPS guy.. so lol not looking forward to resistance :P

+ abzdine on December 30th, 2009 at 3:42 am said:

Thanks guys.. Keep up the good work and thank you for your excellent games you are making (Ratchet & Clank <3 ).. Happy holidays to Guerilla Games and Naughty Dog as well 8)

+ MUTTEE on December 30th, 2009 at 9:31 am said:

Thanks Insomniac for some great moments in gaming on PS3 — with the launch title Resistance Fall of Man. Followed by Ratchet & Clank Future and Resistance 2.

Resistanc 2 was good but I feel you went the route of Call of Duty with only two weapons, what made resistance great was the weapon wheel. Leave that intact for Resitance 3. The scale in resitance 2 was impressive, the graphics were upto Imsoniac usual excellent quality but the game lacked the soul and grittiness of the first game. Revisit the soul of the first movie and weapon wheel while expanding on the story elements, and scale of second movie.

Wishing you fun and bonding during your down time and a prosperous new year year in 2010!

+ CapJackSparrow on December 30th, 2009 at 1:38 pm said:

I love you guys, I’m thinking of going back to college for Game Design because of studios like you that put out such great exclusives. Hopefully I’ll be working alongside you guys one day. Until then, keep making those great PS3 exclusives and I’ll keep buying them.

+ denmer0503 on December 30th, 2009 at 2:32 pm said:

this is my first time logging in this blog. did it just to say a massive thank you to insomniac for all the playstation exclusives all these years. GREAT JOB!!!! Keep ‘em coming!

+ Honk31 on December 30th, 2009 at 2:38 pm said:

Happy Holidays to u guys!! Thanks so much for making Resistance2, i’m still loving it and looking forward to R3

+ mixedkidbx on December 30th, 2009 at 3:50 pm said:

Happy Holiday guys and to everyone else out. May 2010 be the best year for the ps3 we have seen yet to come.

+ hehe1 on December 30th, 2009 at 4:21 pm said:

Happy Holidays!!!

I still think tools of destruction was better!!! :P

+ direx on December 30th, 2009 at 4:46 pm said:

Thank You for all the games that you have created for us! I’m a huge fan of Insomniac, and Resistance franchise. I would love to see Resistance 3 as your next project, as the ending of the last one made me shed a tear. And only one game before that did the same(MGS4). BTW R&C: ACIT was great, bought my self a CE with great 3D front.

Happy Holidays!

+ Heavenly_king on December 30th, 2009 at 7:42 pm said:

thanks to you!! :D

PLEASE DONT GO MULTIPLATFORM!!!!

+ Lemondish on December 31st, 2009 at 10:26 pm said:

I received A Crack in Time for Christmas, and I gotta say, fantastic work gentlemen. As always you wizards provide a fantastic experience and I wish you and yours a happy new year. I can’t wait to see what Insomniac has in store for us this year, and as a loyal fan, I’m even more anxious ;)

+ zander9494 on January 1st, 2010 at 9:03 am said:

happy holidays insomniac! love your games! please make another ratchet and clank! a crack in time was amazing! also, another resistance would be great… =)

+ KALI_GREENCRACK on January 2nd, 2010 at 1:40 pm said:

micee

+ SWEET_MEAT on January 6th, 2010 at 7:12 am said:

Why does the AI do the same thing every time”.? “Pick your car up, freeze it and put you in 5th or 6th place. Whats up the painful loading? The games unplayable? Modnation Racers, poor repetitive AI, massive long loading time? 2 hours of play, 1 hour 45 minutes of loading.. What a joke!

+ Protonelxix214 on January 17th, 2010 at 1:29 am said:

i wonder if they’ll be making Resistance 3 this year.

+ JellyDonut98 on January 24th, 2010 at 6:35 am said:

Happy *coughLATEcough* Holidays! I love R&C:ACIT and its my first game of the R&C series (and one of my first PS3 games since I just got a PS3 for Christmas) Im definetly getting a plat for it

PAGE 1 2