PS4-Watch_Dogs

Celebrate MAG Going Gold in Vegas – CES Meetup details

Jeremy Dunham's Avatar + Posted by Jeremy Dunham on Dec 30, 2009 // Sr. Community Manager, Zipper Interactive

Do you like first-person shooters? Do you enjoy hanging out with guys who make video games? Do you consider professionally-catered appetizers “food of the gods?” If you answered yes to any or all of these questions, then you don’t want to miss our MAG Community Event in Las Vegas!

CES MAG Meetup

All you have to do, besides be 18 years of age or older, is show up at the brand new Aria Hotel at CityCenter on Thursday, January 7 from 4:00 to 7:00pm. Once you’re there, you can sit back and mingle with the developers of MAG, and be among the first groups of people to try out the final PSN beta for MAG – one of the most extensive and ambitious beta programs in PlayStation history.

Keep in mind, we’re limiting entry to the event to only the first 100 people, so don’t think you can just waltz right in and take all of our hors d’oeuvres buddy! If you want to go, be sure to visit this link on the PlayStation Facebook Fan Page and RSVP. If you don’t let us know you’re coming via Facebook, then we won’t let you in at the event – so don’t forget this important step. Here are the details you need:

Who: You and 99 other diehard MAG fans
When: Thursday, January 7 from 4:00 to 7:00pm
Where: The Aria Hotel at CityCenter in Las Vegas, Nevada

Requirements:
· You must be 18 years-old or older – ID *will* be checked by burly men!
· You must RSVP via the Facebook event page.
· Don’t hang out in the main lobby! Line up outside Juniper rooms 2 & 3.

And there you have it. We look forward to seeing you all there!

+ SoYoung on December 30th, 2009 at 3:51 pm said:

great news!

+ Draicus on December 30th, 2009 at 3:52 pm said:

Hahaha, love the picture.

Jeremy Dunham's Avatar

+ Jeff Rubenstein on December 30th, 2009 at 3:55 pm said:

3rd grade level Photoshop FTW! :-)

+ daniel3334 on December 30th, 2009 at 3:54 pm said:

damn i hate living in s.c.!!! great gamethough

+ narwhalSTAB on December 30th, 2009 at 3:55 pm said:

Man, an event is finally held in my hometown and I’m busy. :( That, and I’ll probably still be hungover from New Years even though it’s seven days later. :)

+ daniel3334 on December 30th, 2009 at 3:56 pm said:

wer did my comment go?? bring a meet up to ATL!! i’ll drive to that one. south carolina so sucks man!

+ InFaMoUs1- on December 30th, 2009 at 3:58 pm said:

Hey Zipper ask DevGru-Echo about December and BOSSDJ from Socom 3/CA. I think he’s ignoring me on purpose now, I think it’s kind of funny though. Ask him what’s his deal now?

+ AngelMayLaugh on December 30th, 2009 at 4:07 pm said:

Too bad I’m 17. :(

Oh and I live in Philly PA. But I think the 17 part is holding me back more than the distance part, idk.

+ Tr3p1dat10n on December 30th, 2009 at 4:17 pm said:

The worst thing about this is I know the people who attend will get a copy of the game =(

+ WestSiide on December 30th, 2009 at 4:25 pm said:

@8
Why is that the worse thing? Dont be a hater!

+ MooseDog_00 on December 30th, 2009 at 4:28 pm said:

nice

+ Pilot-Alan on December 30th, 2009 at 4:41 pm said:

any news about heavy rain

+ Pilot-Alan on December 30th, 2009 at 4:42 pm said:

I am coming :)

+ Wollan on December 30th, 2009 at 4:51 pm said:

Concerning MAG: Release a DL version on the PS Store. Absolutely needed.

Concerning CES: Bring on Stereo 3D for everything. And more on motion controls as well. Actually, a motion controlled S3D fps with a hefty bugdet, maybe Resistance/Killzone 3D.

Concerning something else entirely: SCE, give From Software a blank check and let them work on the spiritual successor to Demon’s Souls (which again is the spiritual successor to Kings Field).

+ baahas on December 30th, 2009 at 5:13 pm said:

Hahaha I like the picture. It got me interested. You should do this with your pics more often ;)

+ baahas on December 30th, 2009 at 5:16 pm said:

Hahahaha…. I like the picture. It got me interested. You should do this with your pics more often ;)

+ tabcounter on December 30th, 2009 at 5:41 pm said:

Hey jeff, my facebook account is messed up and i cannot rsvp there. it will take at least 24hrs to fix. can you sign me up or PM me for my info. I would love to attend. Thx
I was the first person to ask about a meet-up at CES on the blog.

Jeremy Dunham's Avatar

+ Jeff Rubenstein on December 30th, 2009 at 7:02 pm said:

it\’s cool, take your time – it doesn\’t matter when you RSVP – but you\’ll still need to be one of the first 100 people in line.

See you there!

+ coolasj19 on December 30th, 2009 at 6:13 pm said:

DARN i wish there was more stuff in Houston and if all this was 17+ :/ maybe i will send my uncle in neveda there.

+ VanilaGorila-x- on December 30th, 2009 at 6:54 pm said:

@13

The game is too large to be put on the PS store as a DL. It’s been confirmed numerous times it will be a BR release only.

Peace,
VG

+ angelspawn77 on December 30th, 2009 at 6:57 pm said:

HOORAY! im over 18 and live in vegas! perhaps i will go, im gonna tell my friends if they want to go, most likely they will, hooray!

+ angelspawn77 on December 30th, 2009 at 7:11 pm said:

just to be clear, can we or cant we bring friends that havent rsvp?

+ CrimsonFox13 on December 30th, 2009 at 7:12 pm said:

Nice. You used the first in-game picture shown. But I live far away so I’m not gonna go.

+ NathanXD on December 30th, 2009 at 7:38 pm said:

Now that’s a great picture :D

+ Talyis on December 30th, 2009 at 8:17 pm said:

Damn You guys need to start doing events in Oregon it would cost to much to fly there and have the chance of not making the first 100. And some people can walk down the street and get in for free, I would love to do something like this but it’s obvious Oregon is always forgotten in gaming events!

+ whitestoner00 on December 30th, 2009 at 9:14 pm said:

sweeet, I will be in vegas that week maybe I will check it out!!!!!!!!

+ The_X_Factor_9 on December 30th, 2009 at 11:23 pm said:

Hey Jeff, when are you guys going to do a release party over in the East Coast? More specifically, New York.

I’ll be putting time into the beta to see if this a good fit for me. Thanks for another PS3 exclusive.

Sony dominated 2009. Forward march into 2010, 256 players at a time.

+ casterpol on December 31st, 2009 at 2:30 am said:

Too bad the game sucks and looks like a PS2 game. Shouldn’t even be $60 unless a mic was bundled with it.

+ alussine on December 31st, 2009 at 5:27 am said:

+ afrosheen on December 31st, 2009 at 8:27 am said:

“It is disappointing for MAG developers not to include a Single Player or Offline Mode on the MAG due to some PS3 customers out there that play these games alone at home without online access.”

Yeah, I feel sorry for those 3 people in the outskirts of Alaska. As a nice side effect, the diesel powered generators help heat the igloo.

+ BalramRules on December 31st, 2009 at 8:33 am said:

AWESOME! XD

+ ima_hustla_19 on December 31st, 2009 at 10:01 am said:

Beat I just left vegas

+ Krelek on December 31st, 2009 at 1:40 pm said:

@26 Didnt know u had played the game already! Where u get it? /e

+ ChaseHammerJ on December 31st, 2009 at 2:04 pm said:

@30 there was a beta test few months ago in which others including myself took part in before it went open to the public.

+ punish_ignorance on December 31st, 2009 at 3:03 pm said:

@26 it was just a beta that you played (if you played it) it can be changed thats why they asked for your feedback. so they could fix it. all of you out there that trash this game you dont even know what the final product looks like! and if you didnt play the beta and you are trashing this game you obviously have no common sense.
oh yea and lets see if you like MW2 then this game (every1 says) looks a lot like it. just with more ppl and teamwork. but right you dont understand that concept so bye :)
btw if you dont like a game why the f*** would you even go to a blog post with the name of the game in the title?! exactly your just a loser with no life who always has to trash on some1. spend your time playing games. we dont want you on here.

+ punish_ignorance on December 31st, 2009 at 3:06 pm said:

oh and i am definately going to be playing during those times are the game developers going to be on? thatd be sooo awesome to play the developers at their own game! you should have them playing at those times!

+ T3mpr1x on December 31st, 2009 at 6:54 pm said:

I’d love to go but I will be working during those hours. What an odd day to have it on, but then again it is during CES…

+ poweredbyzen on January 1st, 2010 at 7:42 am said:

nothing ever happens in florida except hurricanes; sigh. have a blast guys, wish i could be there! snipe you all in a few weeks when the game comes out – hahaha! :D

+ LSMJGO on January 2nd, 2010 at 11:33 am said:

I loved the beta can not wait till Jan 26 got the official sony headset and new red controller just for it

+ DeuceCam on January 3rd, 2010 at 12:11 pm said:

Facebook!? When will the madness end. I love the game and all, but don’t expect to me to ever go facebook, for anything. Get it?

+ tango_53_90 on January 5th, 2010 at 12:00 pm said:

well i play Mag beta tester and the graphics was not all that good. I only got one or two
hit an the game 256 player at once was two many. The picture quality was not good too!
Modern warfare 2 and call of duty 4 game are a lot better game.Tango_53_90