PS4 - Batman Arkham Knight

MAG Beta Starts Today

Jeremy Dunham's Avatar + Posted by Jeremy Dunham on Jan 04, 2010 // Sr. Community Manager, Zipper Interactive

Welcome back from the holidays, Zipper fans! As we mentioned before we went on break, today is the day that our 100% free and open MAG Beta program kicks off on the PlayStation Network!

MAG Beta Starts Today!

Hopefully, you’ve taken advantage of the head start we provided a few weeks back and already downloaded all the files you need so you can just log in and start playing the game immediately. If you didn’t get a chance to grab the goods quite yet, however, or are just now learning about the program for the first time, that’s okay too – anyone can grab the MAG Beta and its files at any time between now and the end of the testing phase on January 10 at 11:59pm.

Here’s a three-step refresher course on what you’ll need to do to get the Beta:

1. Log on to the PlayStation Store, Select “View All By Title -> M Titles -> MAG” and download the MAG Beta file like you would any other freely-available PSN video or demo (298 MB)
    2. Launch the MAG Beta program from your XMB to download a special patch that will restart MAG once the update has been received (another 37 MB)
    3. After the reboot, the Beta will reconnect and download the actual game data so that you can play (1.8 GB – 2.3 GB depending on your region)

Remember, the MAG Beta is taking place worldwide – all you need to participate no matter where you live is a PlayStation 3 and an internet connection. Once you’ve logged on, get ready to enjoy two different game modes: 64-player sabotage and 256-player domination!

We hope you enjoy the Beta up until January 10, and we’ll see you again later this week in Vegas for our big MAG Goes Gold Community Event.

PAGE 1 2 3 10

+ BananaFish on January 4th, 2010 at 10:35 am said:

Can’t wait.

+ ExPresident on January 4th, 2010 at 10:37 am said:

I’m online now and unfortunately there isn’t a single other person in the queue :( I’m ready tho! ;)

+ sboun on January 4th, 2010 at 10:37 am said:

awesome

+ spunnups on January 4th, 2010 at 10:38 am said:

Can’t wait to test out what the final product may be like.

+ samich2007 on January 4th, 2010 at 10:39 am said:

I’ve just played 3 rounds and it’s great this new update! :)
The game runs very smooth (better than before), and it plays very well! Great game! Direct buy when it’s released.

But the servers are overloaded now… do you have any information about this, and do you know when they are up again?

Thanks,
Samich2007
A Member Of Raven

Jeremy Dunham's Avatar

+ Jeremy Dunham on January 4th, 2010 at 10:46 am said:

Yeah, we\’re having a bit of a server hiccup. We\’re fixing now with the highest priority.

+ Santos21 on January 4th, 2010 at 10:40 am said:

i keep login in and it keeps disconnecting me every time. its getting kind on annoying..fix this please!

+ GuardsmanKR on January 4th, 2010 at 10:40 am said:

Severs are getting hammed and I keep getting disconnected. I’m really looking forward to talking about mag on my podcast.

Karl
GuardsmanKR
Raven

+ MAC2206 on January 4th, 2010 at 10:44 am said:

Awesome! I have been dieing to play this game.

+ Z3M0G on January 4th, 2010 at 10:44 am said:

Keep in mind people that this beta is ultimately to stress test the servers… the game went Gold long ago. So we may be seeing lag and server connection issues for the first time. But that is the point of this beta… to make sure all these issues are ironed out by release day. :D

+ gunslinger346 on January 4th, 2010 at 10:44 am said:

AWESOME CANT WAIT TO PLAY!!!!

[F2F]gunslinger346

+ Seeing_Red_Again on January 4th, 2010 at 10:45 am said:

Loving MAG, played the beta for hours today. Cant wait for it to release.

BTW, will MAG be bundled with a headset?

+ KSPRAYDAD on January 4th, 2010 at 10:46 am said:

If I buy this online only game is Zipper or SONY offering any guarantees to how long they will support it? (Looking at EA pulling the plug on games after 16months).

Jeremy Dunham's Avatar

+ Jeremy Dunham on January 4th, 2010 at 11:00 am said:

We\’ll support the game as long as is necessary. Impossible to put a time frame on right now obviously, since it all depends on how long people want to keep playing it. :)

+ Vaderade on January 4th, 2010 at 10:46 am said:

Awesome, can’t wait to play this.

+ ExPresident on January 4th, 2010 at 10:47 am said:

Considering its gold I’d like some more solid info on the game as its online only. Will there be a competitive feature for clan vs clan or just these large scale battles? :o

+ stevieam on January 4th, 2010 at 10:52 am said:

Ok now having majorserver issues now it says I am the only person playing

+ DANO69 on January 4th, 2010 at 10:53 am said:

FOOLS…Get back to work on SOCOM 4 !!

+ jBat17 on January 4th, 2010 at 10:55 am said:

server hiccup? always happens, though.. can’t wait to try this game. hoping it’s better than mw2.

mw2 is a mess. it’s a lagfest and glitchfest. and the respawn system is broken. trading it in if MAG is any good.

+ samich2007 on January 4th, 2010 at 10:56 am said:

Oké thanks for the update ;)

+ jr6285 on January 4th, 2010 at 10:59 am said:

Is not working yet? I have QUEUE issues (not sure). and When I’m trying to connect to sabotage is no working. Also the Basic Training is not doing anything its just shows the training info etc.
Thanks

jr6285
member of
RAVEN

+ TheSmokingManX on January 4th, 2010 at 11:02 am said:

I’m not sure I have everything downloaded. I just downloaded a patch and now I’m getting the error “Unable to establish a connection to the server at this time. Press OK to try again.” Not sure if this is the aforementioned server issues or if maybe it’s because I think I might be using the old MAG beta client – should I wait for things to get fixed or try downloading again?

+ RockStar4341 on January 4th, 2010 at 11:03 am said:

^^
Same here, no joy on the game. Right now I can’t even connect to it.

I understand its a beta but I had better be more impressed once the issues are fixed or I won’t buy the game.

+ nYcFrEeWiLL82 on January 4th, 2010 at 11:05 am said:

IMO.. this game looks too cartoony..therefore i dont like it..and yeah there are some vehicles but theres no space to actually ride them.:/ I KNOW MANY BRAGG ABOUT COD..BUT NOW THAT IVE PLAYED MAG AND COD..IT DESERVES ITS BREAGGIN RIGHTS.COD RUNS 1080P- THE ENTIRE REASON I BOUGHT A HDTV WITH 1080 P WAS TO ENJOY IT THAT WAY.IN OTHER WORLDS COD IS BETTER IN GRAPHICS AND IT ALSO HAS A STORY LINE..WHICH I HAE YET TO BET BUT IVE BIN IMPRESSED SINCE THE FIRST CHAPTER.SO YEAH..MAG NOT FOR ME…HOPE THE REST OF YA NJOY IT -WITH OUT IT FREEZING OR LAGGIN-:P

+ terranwolf on January 4th, 2010 at 11:05 am said:

This will be fun because my cousin will be able to try the game out; he didn’t do the Qore beta. Althought we only got one game in before the queue hiccups, we’re patiently waiting for the server restarts and fixes.

Guys, don’t forget to check out the MAG forums for up-to-the-minute tech support information from Zipper.

+ jr6285 on January 4th, 2010 at 11:07 am said:

Roger, I think that is down. Hope that Mr. Dunham have an answer pretty soon. But is not working here…..

Jeremy Dunham's Avatar

+ Jeremy Dunham on January 4th, 2010 at 11:15 am said:

Realistically, it looks like within the hour.

+ D-Squad3 on January 4th, 2010 at 11:08 am said:

Can somebody fix the God of War III website? I can’t visit the forums, it’s just blank. Many people have been asking for this but nobody is fixing it.

+ nYcFrEeWiLL82 on January 4th, 2010 at 11:12 am said:

@16..THE GLITCH AND LAGG FEST HAVE BIN MINOR ..SO U CANT SERIOUSLY BASH MW2 FOR THAT..ATLEAST U CAN PLAY THE STORY IF YOUR INTERNET SUCKS :P IVE PLAYED MAG..AND IF U ARE NOT CONCERNED WITH GRAPHICS OR NO STORY LINE OR RIDICULOUS AMOUNT OF PEOPLE NOT COMMUNICATING AND JUST RUNNING AND GUNNING- THIS GAME IS FOR YOU!…

+ scooter1265 on January 4th, 2010 at 11:15 am said:

Great beta, lots of content to offer.
I have yet to get a straight answer from people, but will we be able to create multiple characters so we can pick one or more faction in the full game? Or do we have to delete our character and start anew everytime we want to try a different faction?
Plus do our stats and stuff we’ve unlocked in the beta carry over to the full game?

Either way, thank you Zipper for making an excellent game. I’ve preordered it and I have enough money to pick it up on the 26th! Can’t wait!

+ RockStar4341 on January 4th, 2010 at 11:15 am said:

Is the game completely down? All I get is “Unable to establish a connection to the server at this time. Press OK to try again.”

I just erased a large rant. Sufficient to say I am excited about this game, but extremely frustrated at the moment.

Almost enough to pull the optical cord out of the PS3 and plug it back into my 360 for some sure thing C.O.D.

+ Killzone_Kev on January 4th, 2010 at 11:15 am said:

WTF i have been trying to get in a room for an hour now no luck i hope i can at least play this thing once b4 the 10th

+ GMWarriorX on January 4th, 2010 at 11:16 am said:

I want my SOCOM 4. No Lag, smooth gameplay, 20 levels to start, all weapons included, and beautiful graphics. Can you deliver that???

+ SPJammer on January 4th, 2010 at 11:17 am said:

For those not checking the MAG forums they are going to be restarting the servers real soon. They will be down for about 40 minutes or so while they reboot and add a fix to help eleviate some of the issues.

+ jr6285 on January 4th, 2010 at 11:19 am said:

Thanks Mr Dunham. Is getting late here in The Netherlands

Many thanks for the update

+ Deathcoffin on January 4th, 2010 at 11:19 am said:

Gonna be fun!!!

+ MIC_D_MCH on January 4th, 2010 at 11:21 am said:

Ok……..I Still cant connect???

+ Vengeful-Chaos on January 4th, 2010 at 11:26 am said:

I have to ask, do you have any relation to Jeff Dunham the greatest ventriloquist to ever live?

+ Lokiroo420 on January 4th, 2010 at 11:29 am said:

@nycfreewill

YOU DO KNOW THE COD’S RUN AT 600P RIGHT? RIGHT? 1080P, LMAO!

+ KUMAR_ROHIT on January 4th, 2010 at 11:32 am said:

Awesome news.. but, umm.. i cant even connect to the servers ? i really would love to play this..

+ TrevorNorris15 on January 4th, 2010 at 11:34 am said:

Just started downloading it, CANT WAIT!

+ BlackVulcan on January 4th, 2010 at 11:37 am said:

can someone post some links to the MAG forums you are getting these updates from…thank you

+ phinnv8 on January 4th, 2010 at 11:39 am said:

Are there still missing animations like in the Beta when you look with your M4 and it instantly changes to iron site?

+ Conrad_Max on January 4th, 2010 at 11:39 am said:

I’ll be there later this evening.

+ lostinplainsight on January 4th, 2010 at 11:40 am said:

played 4 rounds of mag this morning not for me. man was it boring hyper boring not buying this if this is what the socom kids where waiting for man you guy have low standards.

+ toology01 on January 4th, 2010 at 11:41 am said:

Also looking forward to trying out the game. Personally ive been looking for something to take the place of Camp of Duty MW2. Specifically ive been eyeing this game and Bad Company 2.

Dont know if this is technically possible, but have you guys thought about adding a mode in the vein of Gears of War Horde mode or Halo Firefight mode, but instead make it so all 64, 128 or 256 players are holding off massive massive waves of invading AI enemies. This would be truly epic if it could be pulled off somehow.

+ TheGuardianFID on January 4th, 2010 at 11:42 am said:

I have the game reserved, it’s as good as SOLD!!! I’ve played all of the betas and am looking forward to this one, great job on the game guys, it rocks!!! :D

+ Dassa63 on January 4th, 2010 at 11:42 am said:

Hi
I have downloaded both of the 35mb files, but now i am having problems connecting to the server to get the full game. What is the problem

+ rye10516 on January 4th, 2010 at 11:43 am said:

i downloaded it a year ago (hahhaa) and it tells me now that its “Unable to establish a connection to ther server at this time. Press OK to try again.” :(

+ RupertMurdoch on January 4th, 2010 at 11:44 am said:

I wish it would let me online; keeps saying unable to connect. Back to MW2, I guess…

+ DeliciousBLT on January 4th, 2010 at 11:44 am said:

Played a match this morning and had a good time with it. I tried to play again but I guess the severs are still down. :(

+ kentfallskiller on January 4th, 2010 at 11:44 am said:

I get the feeling I won’t even get to play this before the 10th.. I was so excited about this too. But since launchin the game I have had nothing but trouble playing it

PAGE 1 2 3 10