PS4 - Destiny

MAG Beta Starts Today

Jeremy Dunham's Avatar + Posted by Jeremy Dunham on Jan 04, 2010 // Sr. Community Manager, Zipper Interactive

Welcome back from the holidays, Zipper fans! As we mentioned before we went on break, today is the day that our 100% free and open MAG Beta program kicks off on the PlayStation Network!

MAG Beta Starts Today!

Hopefully, you’ve taken advantage of the head start we provided a few weeks back and already downloaded all the files you need so you can just log in and start playing the game immediately. If you didn’t get a chance to grab the goods quite yet, however, or are just now learning about the program for the first time, that’s okay too – anyone can grab the MAG Beta and its files at any time between now and the end of the testing phase on January 10 at 11:59pm.

Here’s a three-step refresher course on what you’ll need to do to get the Beta:

1. Log on to the PlayStation Store, Select “View All By Title -> M Titles -> MAG” and download the MAG Beta file like you would any other freely-available PSN video or demo (298 MB)
    2. Launch the MAG Beta program from your XMB to download a special patch that will restart MAG once the update has been received (another 37 MB)
    3. After the reboot, the Beta will reconnect and download the actual game data so that you can play (1.8 GB – 2.3 GB depending on your region)

Remember, the MAG Beta is taking place worldwide – all you need to participate no matter where you live is a PlayStation 3 and an internet connection. Once you’ve logged on, get ready to enjoy two different game modes: 64-player sabotage and 256-player domination!

We hope you enjoy the Beta up until January 10, and we’ll see you again later this week in Vegas for our big MAG Goes Gold Community Event.

PAGE 1 2 3 4 10

+ IstariZen on January 4th, 2010 at 11:46 am said:

I logged in, created a character and had this for the queue: 0/32 0/32 1/32
So i logged out and logged back in, then I recieved a msg saying i was unable to connect to queue, but I later connected and the same problem as earlier. I waited, 20 people joined and then back to the problem earlier. I restarted the beta and now I recieve “unable to establish a connection to the server at this time. Press of to try again” every time I try to start the game. This has been going on for about an hour

Jeremy Dunham's Avatar

+ Jeremy Dunham on January 4th, 2010 at 11:52 am said:

Yes, we\’re having a server issue at the moment. We are in the midst of fixing it, however. Hang in there.

+ rye10516 on January 4th, 2010 at 11:48 am said:

That’s odd, i was about to leave a bad comment, but it JUST started working. I’ll see what happens.

+ jadashake on January 4th, 2010 at 11:49 am said:

OK, so i get to the “news” screen, and nothing…i thought this game went live at 8 this mornin!?

+ rye10516 on January 4th, 2010 at 11:50 am said:

ook, now im getting a character management scrren. with news on the left. and a blank spot selected on the right. This is exactly how it was before today.

+ DeTh_aNgEl-69 on January 4th, 2010 at 11:50 am said:

im on the beta and stuck on character management nothing loads except news…. and its already past 7am here… central time

+ Hunter-Loke on January 4th, 2010 at 11:51 am said:

Jeremy,

Lot of fun earlier this morning when things were up and running. Different server issues have been popping up for the past couple of hours on this end. Lucky log in recently and no Character nor the ability to recreate one so must be another issue. Looking forward to the full beta, just finished BF2 Bad Company, really want to compare and post. The short session I played I can compare some but need real workout for full write up. See ya’s in game

+ IstariZen on January 4th, 2010 at 11:51 am said:

Same as 52, which is a change from before

+ XalerAjnin on January 4th, 2010 at 11:52 am said:

@toology01

That would be amazing, I really think they should do that! lol

+ BigRon3400 on January 4th, 2010 at 11:52 am said:

Hope its ready to go tonight. I’m still undecided on this game. This beta will be what pushes me over the edge or pushes me away.

+ Brapp347 on January 4th, 2010 at 11:53 am said:

OMG YESS! THANKS ZIPPER AND SONY!

+ Pundre on January 4th, 2010 at 11:53 am said:

cant connect.. fix it

+ IstariZen on January 4th, 2010 at 11:56 am said:

@60 nice and demanding for a free beta… just wait im sure they are doing something that will allow the game to run better than originally and eliminate future problems

+ uncanny07 on January 4th, 2010 at 11:56 am said:

I keep getting stuck at the character selection screen. There is nothing to click on or anything. What do I do help!

+ KUMAR_ROHIT on January 4th, 2010 at 11:56 am said:

gr8 i can sorta connect but on the character management screen my person does not show up.. ugh I’m going to do my homework..<- X(

+ JDely10 on January 4th, 2010 at 11:56 am said:

I keep getting stuck at the character management screen. This is fairly annoying seeing as this game seems like it would be great. Can this be fixed any time soon so I can play the game?

+ rye10516 on January 4th, 2010 at 11:57 am said:

you know mr. dunham, no one’s gonna buy it if the beta doesnt even work at all.

+ jadashake on January 4th, 2010 at 11:58 am said:

oh well, back to MW2….MAG probably sucks anyway…stop hiding it sony!!!!

+ myntz- on January 4th, 2010 at 12:00 pm said:

Game is awesome however in the midst of the server problems i somehow lost my character and am now left with a blank rectangle and cant play. anyone else have this problem?

+ El_Tabarnacos on January 4th, 2010 at 12:01 pm said:

Can’T wait :) !! I’m finally able to get in the game but can’t create any chars !

+ alexandro2K on January 4th, 2010 at 12:01 pm said:

Hey people, the “unable to establish connection to server” has been fixed i entered the game and this time it didn’s say that so go ahead grab your controllers and start shooting.

+ alexandro2K on January 4th, 2010 at 12:01 pm said:

Jeremy Dunham's Avatar

+ Jeremy Dunham on January 4th, 2010 at 12:07 pm said:

The latest update I received is that we\’re looking at roughly another 20-30 minutes. I\’ll keep you posted.

+ Metellica505 on January 4th, 2010 at 12:04 pm said:

So ready to play this

+ alexandro2K on January 4th, 2010 at 12:04 pm said:

Now apparantly characters have been ost i think that is part of the fixing so don’t worry sadly since they restarted the servers all characters might have been delete.

+ kingmeazly on January 4th, 2010 at 12:04 pm said:

It won’t even let me create my character,

+ rye10516 on January 4th, 2010 at 12:04 pm said:

@69/70 we know, now we ran into a character management problem

+ stennex on January 4th, 2010 at 12:07 pm said:

Why can’t i get into the beta. I downloaded this beta last year lol. This thing about agreement is annoying. Help me.

+ rye10516 on January 4th, 2010 at 12:08 pm said:

alright according to my observations, dont try to play at all for the next half hour, then it’ll start working.

+ alexandro2K on January 4th, 2010 at 12:10 pm said:

For all of you who haven’t played it you are going to be amazed when you enter a match. The game runs very smoothly NO LAG. I played 50 minutes while servers where good. To play the 256 player matches you have to be a level ten. Right noww i am a 4. It doesen’t take much to level up so don’t worry. Im glad Zippo is fixing this problem, it didn’t take any more than 5 minutes for them to realize the problem.

+ samich2007 on January 4th, 2010 at 12:11 pm said:

Ít’s online again, but i cant chose my soldier :P

+ El-Kojo on January 4th, 2010 at 12:13 pm said:

Same as everyone else here, I cant get to m character either. Just same old news screen for me. :(

+ iplaydefenese on January 4th, 2010 at 12:15 pm said:

im stuck on the Character management screen. are the servers down?

+ bikeface_killa on January 4th, 2010 at 12:15 pm said:

12:15 PST -still not able to get onto the server to download the beta…

+ DeuceCam on January 4th, 2010 at 12:15 pm said:

I just tried to log-in to the new beta for the first time and I’m not able to get past the character management screen (just like b4 the beta started). It’s currently 1:15pm US mountain time here. I take it the server is still down…

+ slapsh0t07 on January 4th, 2010 at 12:17 pm said:

umm ok so i just tried to play my open beta.. and i got to the menu where it says “News” and has a R1 and L1 button thing.. but i cant do anything.. and i agreed to the terms and conditions but it still wont let me do anything.. someone help me please?

+ BlackVulcan on January 4th, 2010 at 12:17 pm said:

blank character management screens for everyone i take it right now

+ alexandro2K on January 4th, 2010 at 12:18 pm said:

The problem started around 11:00 am and there is about 30 minutes of fixing left. Total an 1:30. FOR a problem like this it is actually kind of quick the time it is taking them. To keep you entertainted and blogging while the beta is fixed, what PMC are you going to choose( RAVEN S.V.E.R OR THAT OTHER ONE I CAN’T REMEMBER) ??

+ kylef1993 on January 4th, 2010 at 12:19 pm said:

Hey some one help me out, how do I get past the new screen were it shows the times the betta will open and that its open january 4th?

+ slapsh0t07 on January 4th, 2010 at 12:19 pm said:

ya thats my issue, i cant get past the character management screen :/

+ Defensivemonsta7 on January 4th, 2010 at 12:20 pm said:

Im doing Valor or S.V.E.R idk which yet

+ IstariZen on January 4th, 2010 at 12:21 pm said:

@alexandro2k
Im grabbing valor, thats the one you didnt remember

+ alexandro2K on January 4th, 2010 at 12:22 pm said:

Thanks Jeremy Duhnam for keeping us on track how the fixing is going. Congrats, this is an awesome game and cool weapons. Character custamization is awesome.

+ chucknorris127 on January 4th, 2010 at 12:22 pm said:

when it ran it was good i hope it’s good soon almost sold here wish people would play more as a squad

+ Manji022 on January 4th, 2010 at 12:23 pm said:

After having played for several hours (as a Raven soldier)on 2 maps I can say that I am impressed by what I have seen so far. Character creation offers several options and is well implemented. As it stands you can only make 1 character, if this is for the beta or the final release I am uncertain.
What I found most impressive so far is that the maps manage a balance I have not seen since my Blackhawk Down and Joint-ops (PC games) days. What I mean is that snipers and rushers alike will find it very easy to do their thing. The maps allow for plenty of sniper shots while still offering enough cover to maneuver without getting too frustrated.
The level up and skill purchasing mechanics work well and offer some advantages, but new players will still be able to work well from the start. While it may seem like a simplistic and useless system at first it will become quickly obvious that getting new skills and gear is worth the effort.

+ caionees on January 4th, 2010 at 12:24 pm said:

almost done, Let’s rock

RAVEN | |
\ | /
\ | /
\ | /
\ / BOOM

+ Shadowmoses on January 4th, 2010 at 12:26 pm said:

Well earlier I couldn’t connect to the servers and now at least it lets me logon, but no servers show up. Oh well.

+ thegreatthomasio on January 4th, 2010 at 12:26 pm said:

lol didn’t see this coming!!! With the insane amount of FPS fans out there wanting to try this 256-player Big Daddy, it’s really no surprise, ya know?

The game is great..so nothing to worry about. Hopefully this won’t happen the when the game releases or it will be SLAMMED by stupid reviewers. Oy.

+ HongoXIII on January 4th, 2010 at 12:27 pm said:

I can’t do a single thing other than read the News section, but luckily I have the patience to wait (servers are very busy I’m sure). I cannot wait to try this bad boy out!

+ KUMAR_ROHIT on January 4th, 2010 at 12:28 pm said:

Ok.. So roughly how much longer? i haven’t been this anticipated for some thing since Metal Gear Solid4.. gosh..

+ KenSkine on January 4th, 2010 at 12:28 pm said:

Weird, I’m Eastern time, and the game is still at the “News” bored. Not letting me create a character.

It said it started 8am for Eastern Time, but it’s 3:28pm.

Any suggestions??

+ Pathard on January 4th, 2010 at 12:29 pm said:

Hopefully the servers will be fixed by the time my brother gets home. He’s been looking forward to this.

Played the first beta, and it was great!

PAGE 1 2 3 4 10