PS4-The Order

MAG Beta Starts Today

Jeremy Dunham's Avatar + Posted by Jeremy Dunham on Jan 04, 2010 // Sr. Community Manager, Zipper Interactive

Welcome back from the holidays, Zipper fans! As we mentioned before we went on break, today is the day that our 100% free and open MAG Beta program kicks off on the PlayStation Network!

MAG Beta Starts Today!

Hopefully, you’ve taken advantage of the head start we provided a few weeks back and already downloaded all the files you need so you can just log in and start playing the game immediately. If you didn’t get a chance to grab the goods quite yet, however, or are just now learning about the program for the first time, that’s okay too – anyone can grab the MAG Beta and its files at any time between now and the end of the testing phase on January 10 at 11:59pm.

Here’s a three-step refresher course on what you’ll need to do to get the Beta:

1. Log on to the PlayStation Store, Select “View All By Title -> M Titles -> MAG” and download the MAG Beta file like you would any other freely-available PSN video or demo (298 MB)
    2. Launch the MAG Beta program from your XMB to download a special patch that will restart MAG once the update has been received (another 37 MB)
    3. After the reboot, the Beta will reconnect and download the actual game data so that you can play (1.8 GB – 2.3 GB depending on your region)

Remember, the MAG Beta is taking place worldwide – all you need to participate no matter where you live is a PlayStation 3 and an internet connection. Once you’ve logged on, get ready to enjoy two different game modes: 64-player sabotage and 256-player domination!

We hope you enjoy the Beta up until January 10, and we’ll see you again later this week in Vegas for our big MAG Goes Gold Community Event.

PAGE 1 2 3 4 5 10

+ rye10516 on January 4th, 2010 at 12:29 pm said:

So… while I’m waiting, anyone have a few tips on how to play?

+ mathetop on January 4th, 2010 at 12:30 pm said:

great game but now the server rush….a max
hey everybody go working i want to play ..lol

+ alexandro2K on January 4th, 2010 at 12:30 pm said:

@IstariZen thnx for reminding me the name i already made a RAVEN this morning while the beta was up and i think they are cool because of the armor they have and the weapons the other ones just look like terrorists. LOL

+ BLKRepublic06 on January 4th, 2010 at 12:31 pm said:

been trying all day to play with no luck, stuck at the same screen as everyone else, and now i have to get ready to got to work. fml

+ Loveduck02 on January 4th, 2010 at 12:31 pm said:

Any news on fixing the servers? It’s been over 2 hours and I’d really like to play again.

+ WhiteRaven_XXVI on January 4th, 2010 at 12:31 pm said:

I connect to the server but i cant start a character, =/. Well ill just have to play the game of the year on ps3 until this is fixed *stares lovingly at demon’s souls* ill check back every 5 minutes to see if this has been fixed. Anyways, don’t panic its a beta this sort of stuff is to be expected i cant wait ^_^, but until then time to go pwn some demons! :D

+ XalerAjnin on January 4th, 2010 at 12:31 pm said:

SVER all the way!

+ bufffd4ddy6 on January 4th, 2010 at 12:34 pm said:

I can’t start a character either…… neither can my friend.

+ nYcFrEeWiLL82 on January 4th, 2010 at 12:36 pm said:

@36- HEY WHEN I PUSH THE DISPLAY BUTTON ON MY 52HD BRAVIA AS IM PLAYING COD..IT SHOWS 1080P..BUT ON MAG IT ONLY SHOWS 420P..SO..AS FAR AS IM CONCERNED..IT LOOKS BETTER..AS FAR AS GAMEPLAY- COD WINS THAT TOO HANDS DOWN!-AGAIN..IM NOT REALLY HATING ON MAG BUT ITS JUST NOT FOR ME..LOKIROO420->:@

+ Santos21 on January 4th, 2010 at 12:37 pm said:

any RAVEN members here? looking forward to playing this game and kick some ass lol!

+ alexandro2K on January 4th, 2010 at 12:37 pm said:

@rye10516 some tips are always carry a healing pack because in this game you cannot heal by letting time pass. L2 is for changing to grenade and the heal pack. R2 is for the weapons. If you kill a teamate you get -5 in XP. Crouching is with triangle. Everything else is the same as every FPS. Hope you enjoy the game!

+ alexandro2K on January 4th, 2010 at 12:37 pm said:

+ blahblahzain on January 4th, 2010 at 12:38 pm said:

I’m having the same problem as everyone else is, stuck at the character creation screen and all I got is the news and license.

Any possible way to fix this :/?

+ Clone_Commando on January 4th, 2010 at 12:38 pm said:

I just got home and went to start the game and all I’m seeing is the message welcoming me to the beta that mentions the servers won’t be up and running until 1/04. Weak.

I’m off to play Uncharted 2.

+ XalerAjnin on January 4th, 2010 at 12:38 pm said:

@109- Ok, then why do you keep posting on here? Nobody cares if you don’t like MAG. Go play COD

+ alexandro2K on January 4th, 2010 at 12:39 pm said:

Im a Raven anyone who is also RAVEN add me!

+ MajorBismarck on January 4th, 2010 at 12:39 pm said:

Question. I’m stuck on the Character Management screen with the news on the left and a blinking black rectangle box on the right and the licenese button and it won’t let me do anything. It should let me play I’m EST time and EST time has passed so ya.. How can I fix this?

+ IstariZen on January 4th, 2010 at 12:41 pm said:

hmm i wonder when the servers will be running. Btw, is there anyway to get a god of war 3 demo

+ Mambalaya on January 4th, 2010 at 12:43 pm said:

Can’t, they’re fixing it. People please stop spamming “I CANT JOIN/CANT SELECT CHARACTER” -button. Patience, when it works, it works.

+ IstariZen on January 4th, 2010 at 12:44 pm said:

@MajorBismarck According to the previous post, there was a server “hiccup” as of now they are still in the process of repairing this with the highest priority. This should be resolved very soon.

+ Dead1yAssass1n on January 4th, 2010 at 12:44 pm said:

@109 I call BS on the “420P”. There is no 420P resolution. So obviously, you are lying. Why lie about a video game? Is that really all you have to do in life?

Oh, and thank God for this open beta. While everybody seems to be complaining, I would MUCH rather this happen now, than to happen on launch day. This is still a BETA. If you can’t deal with a game having issues, then I would suggest you start up another game.

+ BLKRepublic06 on January 4th, 2010 at 12:44 pm said:

at 118, you have to buy District 9 on Blue-Ray

+ Rucury on January 4th, 2010 at 12:44 pm said:

Darn, I didn’t create a character, and when I tried to right now, the “Create a Character” button is completely missing from the Character Management screen…

Very disappointing.

+ sk8r4 on January 4th, 2010 at 12:47 pm said:

I hit x to start and it takes me to where it talks about news and times the beta opens and nothing else is there! Whats wrong!?

+ Manji022 on January 4th, 2010 at 12:47 pm said:

To those who did not get to play yet: The servers were up this morning just a little behind schedule. The overwhelming number of people playing crashed the server a little. They are working on getting things back online now. Just give them some time. As was mention way back on page 1, this was supposed to happen (soft of). The public beta is designed to stress-test the servers so they can get everything smoothed out for release. Also it gives them a better idea of how many people to expect online at any given time. The pre-order numbers only tell them how many people pre-ordered the game, and the number of per-orders is always far lower than the ACTUAL number of people who will be playing.

Also, add Manji022 as a friend everyone, always happy to make new friends.
—->RAVEN<—-

+ Dead1yAssass1n on January 4th, 2010 at 12:47 pm said:

What part of BETA do people not understand? Please go look up what BETA means in reference to software development.

BETA = don’t be surprised if the game has a few issues.

+ Arnekun on January 4th, 2010 at 12:52 pm said:

I remember playing one of the betas in November. It was incredible, there was so much stuff going on and so many people. I can’t wait to get in the beta again, but I wish I had my previous character LOL. I had a fully decked out assault rifle with all the accessories and AR skills. SO MUCH FUN. BTW just to let you guys know I’m still stuck at the character management screen.

+ Loveduck02 on January 4th, 2010 at 12:53 pm said:

I feel very outnumbered sometimes,
Where are my Valor guys?

Well I’m Valor and ready to destroy Raven and SVER.

For the short time the servers were up we dominated the game! Holding at least 2 contracts almost the whole time.

Add Loveduck02 if you’re Valor

+ RockStar4341 on January 4th, 2010 at 12:55 pm said:

Is it just me or are the MAG forums crashing?

+ Santos21 on January 4th, 2010 at 12:56 pm said:

its working again…lets play people!!

Jeremy Dunham's Avatar

+ Jeremy Dunham on January 4th, 2010 at 12:58 pm said:

Indeed, servers are back up and functioning. Apologies for the delay. Enjoy!

+ Arnekun on January 4th, 2010 at 12:59 pm said:

I got to my character WOOOOHOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

+ XalerAjnin on January 4th, 2010 at 1:03 pm said:

I still can’t connect to training or sabotage, i haven’t gotten to play at all today. Lol

+ airman225 on January 4th, 2010 at 1:03 pm said:

I still cant get it to work
my character does not appear

+ Pilgor_th_Mighty on January 4th, 2010 at 1:04 pm said:

I’m gonna get on a try this right away. Looking forward to it.

+ Manji022 on January 4th, 2010 at 1:04 pm said:

Off to play ;)

+ kylef1993 on January 4th, 2010 at 1:08 pm said:

Jeff help meeee, I’m still stuck at news screen =(

+ GForce_v3 on January 4th, 2010 at 1:09 pm said:

I’m still stuck at the character management screen , it doesn’t show anything but news. Please fix this I didn’t go straight home for no reason. Dunham can you tell me how I can fix this

Jeremy Dunham's Avatar

+ Jeremy Dunham on January 4th, 2010 at 1:20 pm said:

Are you still having this issue? While the servers are back up, we are seeing that some people are still having network issues — we\’re working to resolve those as we speak. Games are being played, though.

+ rye10516 on January 4th, 2010 at 1:11 pm said:

@alexandro2k wow thanks! i kind of got used to all these current generation games that heal you as time passes

+ Whitedevil-ROK- on January 4th, 2010 at 1:12 pm said:

I’ve waited it seems forever for this game, DL’d the beta (all of it) a few days ago. Says it should have been working at 6am. It’s 2:06pm now and def nothing going on. No list of servers or any sort of activity for that matter. I saw it may be fixed within the hr, but I have no clue when that time was. Another concern I have is that because I’m assuming it’s strictly online play that someday the game will get old(I have a feeling this game will burn hot and fast, but ppl won’t really play it for long), and Sony will pull the plug on the servers in a couple years. That means…I’ll play it for a year or so, get bored, just like other ppl, then when the amount of players is small enough, sony will just quit supporting the servers. So it’s like renting the game for a long time…that’s all. Again, I haven’t played it, but this is the feeling I have from watching the game play videos. I’d still love to try it if the servers were up.

+ KidCommando on January 4th, 2010 at 1:13 pm said:

You are doing a very good job on keeping the fans updated Jeremy.

Thank you and I look forward to trying out MAG after work.

+ Whitedevil-ROK- on January 4th, 2010 at 1:14 pm said:

Still has the news though…I forgot to mention, but it says what it did a few days ago. Nothing has changed:( I’m losing hope and may forget about this title.

+ Hunter-Loke on January 4th, 2010 at 1:15 pm said:

KenStrike,

Games been up an down all day long, keep at it, it’ll get you in soon enough.

+ XalerAjnin on January 4th, 2010 at 1:15 pm said:

Servers are down again, at least for me they are

+ Manji022 on January 4th, 2010 at 1:16 pm said:

Also, add Manji022 as a friend everyone, always happy to make new friends.
—->RAVEN<—-

+ Hunter-Loke on January 4th, 2010 at 1:17 pm said:

You should allow us to test each side so we can give a proper review of the game and our opinions to your team

+ Manji022 on January 4th, 2010 at 1:17 pm said:

Just hang with it guys and let them do their thing, it will be running smooth soon enough.

Also, add Manji022 as a friend everyone, always happy to make new friends.
—->RAVEN<—-

+ Manji022 on January 4th, 2010 at 1:18 pm said:

Just bear with it guys, the servers will smooth out soon enough, be patient. It takes time for these things to get fixed. :)

+ Andrew-Italiano on January 4th, 2010 at 1:19 pm said:

Jeff Dunham I have downloaded everything new for the mag beta on December 28 and found out that I cant play it until the 4th okay, no problem, but here it is the 4th, I come home from school waiting all day to play this. So I start up the game and it starts then stops and cant get past the license agreement screen. The only thing i can think of doinig is re-doawnload it. can you help me out with this because this game is the only reason I wanted a ps3!!!

+ rye10516 on January 4th, 2010 at 1:19 pm said:

alright, thanks mr. dunham. the blank area that was selected for me before now says “create new character”

so do these 3 groups have a rock, paper, scissor type thing going on? I.E.: Sver > valor. valor > raven. raven > sver?

+ infamousXX87XX on January 4th, 2010 at 1:21 pm said:

Still server problems. Im not surprised, Zipper has a reputation for issues in the ps3 era. (Socom Confrontation, MAG)

PAGE 1 2 3 4 5 10