PS4-Infamous

We Were Promised Jetpacks! Dark Void Demo Lands This Week

Morgan Gray's Avatar + Posted by Morgan Gray on Jan 05, 2010 // Sr. Producer, Dark Void

Hello everyone!

I wanted a chance to drop by and let everyone know that a demo of Dark Void will be releasing this Thursday on the PlayStation Store. We figure why not start the new year with a bit of jet pack action.

So what’s in the demo?

With all the aspects of Dark Void ranging from ground combat, jetpack dogfighting, vertical combat, its hard to slam everything into a 10 minute window :) We decided that everyone would want to get a feel for flight right off the bat, so we start you off with a bit of flying tutorial, then get into some serious UFO dogfighting (well, not that serious, but it should be enough for people to figure out what button does what and kill some Watchers…which is really what it is all about when you get down to it). After that we let you see how flying blends into ground action…and cap the experience with a bit of vertical combat…

All in all, a nice sampler platter of Dark Void game play bits without diving into the storyline or plot too much. Believe me, its just a small taste of what Dark Void is like (I recommend checking out some gameplay videos online to see what it looks like when the s&@# hits the fan for real :)

Rise up!

PAGE 1 2

+ Zezzler on January 5th, 2010 at 9:04 am said:

I really havn’t seen that much about this game, so i am really looking forward to trying it. i may love it for all i know!

what a great way to start the new year~ Thanks

+ Microshock on January 5th, 2010 at 9:05 am said:

I look forward to trying out the vertical cover system. And the jetpack of course!

Thanks for the demo pals!

+ kentacohut on January 5th, 2010 at 9:09 am said:

Nice indie band shout out. I hope this game is as fun as it appears to be.

+ GGCAN on January 5th, 2010 at 9:22 am said:

I’ll have to play the demo.

From the video here, looks like it could be fun.

+ Korbei83 on January 5th, 2010 at 9:23 am said:

It’s encouraging that you have enough confidence in your product to let us see it.

+ Sindred on January 5th, 2010 at 9:28 am said:

Crimson Skies is the only game on the Xbox that I still own, so my faith in this game is sky high. Can’t wait to try it this week.

+ TamarindLAZ on January 5th, 2010 at 9:29 am said:

Can’t wait for the demo. I saw a trailer for the game on TV the other day, and I have to admit,the game looks promising.

Can’t wait to get my hands on it!

+ stardeth on January 5th, 2010 at 9:29 am said:

The video looks great, and I look forward to trying the demo. Will there be anything for us HOME folk? I hope I hope I hope… lol

+ Gorvi on January 5th, 2010 at 9:30 am said:

Awesome. I really want this game, a great demo just might push me over the edge to spend money that probably shouldn’t be spent. :p

+ Hunter_xx_ on January 5th, 2010 at 9:31 am said:

We need gameplay footage, it’s hard to say if the game will be good

+ ijustw1n on January 5th, 2010 at 9:31 am said:

I don’t get it. Where is the info on my new favorite band “we were promised jetpacks”?

+ Neil on January 5th, 2010 at 9:40 am said:

Sweet, can’t wait to try it out.

+ BigRon3400 on January 5th, 2010 at 9:41 am said:

Looks cool. Can’t wait to give it a try. Also the main character really looks like the Rocketeer. Anyone remember that movie? Guess I’m just old :D

Morgan Gray's Avatar

+ Morgan Gray on January 5th, 2010 at 11:27 am said:

the Rocketeer was a huge inspiration (as you can tell) along with Commander Cody: Sky Marshal of the Universe….in more recent times there is of course the Family Fett….

+ Pathard on January 5th, 2010 at 9:44 am said:

Awesome! I can’t wait.

+ TheGuardianFID on January 5th, 2010 at 9:49 am said:

Sweet, I have this baby reserved, it’s as good as SOLD Morgan, the rocketeer like jetpack was the selling point and the vertical cover system, nice!!! :D

+ Enforcer_X on January 5th, 2010 at 9:50 am said:

@13 BigRon3400
The Rocketeer is as bad ass!
Dark Void also looks like a bad ass game!
Can’t wait to play the demo I have high hopes for this game!

+ allblu on January 5th, 2010 at 10:00 am said:

cool, i’ve been interested since qore last month.

i haven’t used a jetpack since SW: Bounty Hunter :0

+ HatmanTc on January 5th, 2010 at 10:02 am said:

@bigron3400: I remember that movie as a kid it was one of my favorite movies.

I gave a feeling this game would make ne motion sick with 20 minutes of playing it. I will try the demo though

+ macbelonwu10 on January 5th, 2010 at 10:17 am said:

That looks sweet!

+ craigdykeenie on January 5th, 2010 at 10:18 am said:

Haha, was that a sly little shout out to the band WWPJ? If so, kudos.

Been looking out for this game for a while, can’t wait for the demo.

+ Moonglare on January 5th, 2010 at 10:53 am said:

Wow, looks promising! Can’t wait to donwload the Demo =)

+ DNAgent on January 5th, 2010 at 10:54 am said:

Is this going to get canceled & ported to the Wii too?

+ mcbuttz78 on January 5th, 2010 at 10:55 am said:

This a psn game,, those kinda graphics look un real for a psn game..My goodness.. Hats off to your team.. I wil try the demo then if the gamepla my style of thing nd fresh to the genre, i will buy the full game will released.. Deal??

+ nYcFrEeWiLL82 on January 5th, 2010 at 10:56 am said:

THIS GME LOOKS FANTASTIC AND IM SURE IT WILL BE FANTASTIC!..I HAD NO IDEA THERE WAS GOING TO BE A DEMO OUT FOR IT..SO IM XTREMELY HAPPY TO READ THIS ARTICLE.CANT WAIT TO DOWNLOAD..THANKS CAPCOM..FOR MAKING MY JETPACK GAMING DREAMS COME TRUE :p

+ spunnups on January 5th, 2010 at 11:07 am said:

I wish we could see some actual gameplay.

+ CRONIC_GAMER on January 5th, 2010 at 11:07 am said:

Epic flight battles await all this game looks great I’ve been waiting way too long for this game from what I have seen it will have many ” lost planet” type battles one question though is there still alot of focus on the cliff climbing?

+ Arniceous on January 5th, 2010 at 11:08 am said:

It does look good but I sure wish we could get some submarine simulation game going for PS3. There hasnt been an a demand but us old farts play too you know!!

+ gradearawk on January 5th, 2010 at 11:09 am said:

I’m stoked to try it out!

+ UnKn0nSldr86 on January 5th, 2010 at 11:14 am said:

game looks boring

Morgan Gray's Avatar

+ Morgan Gray on January 5th, 2010 at 11:25 am said:

Hey guys, thanks for the warm response.

Couple of bits,

A quick jaunt through the internets should reveal more gameplay footage for those interested in seeing more of the game

I can’t describe how much We were promised Jetpacks we listened to during this project :) Great band, glad some of you have checked them out.

+ SoraSackboy on January 5th, 2010 at 11:36 am said:

looks awsome cant wait to download,and speaking of download, when psn updates, will the Marvel Ultiamte Alliance 2 DLC finally come back? can anyone please answer me if they get a chance.

+ SoraSackboy on January 5th, 2010 at 11:38 am said:

Awsome, this game looks fun. The vertical combat system looks freash and sleek. Cant wait till the PSN store updates. When it does, does anyone know if the Marvel Ultiamte Alliacne 2 DLC pack will be back up. it wsa tooken off before the 31st, and i want to know if sony wil l fix this. Can anyone help me please. Ive asked everywhere with no reply.

+ Sekoku on January 5th, 2010 at 12:30 pm said:

Nice, I’ll check it out. But I really should get around to pre-ordering Lost Planet 2 for Wesker.

+ T3mpr1x on January 5th, 2010 at 12:58 pm said:

I remember trying out the demo at E3, is this the same thing? I hope so because that was pretty impressive.

+ Sakimori_X on January 5th, 2010 at 12:59 pm said:

@ Morgan Gray: Ha ha. I remember Commander Cody from some really early MST3K episodes!

Morgan Gray's Avatar

+ Morgan Gray on January 5th, 2010 at 2:11 pm said:

Yup! How I love MST3K, hopefully in 50 years someone will do something like it for very old video games :)

+ BigBoss712 on January 5th, 2010 at 1:02 pm said:

Great, can’t wait to play it.

+ Gunwing on January 5th, 2010 at 1:11 pm said:

Sweet looks great! And I think I’ll have some major reasons to DL some stuff on my PS3 now! Dark Void, That new PSN title, all we need to hear is that the God of War 3 demo is going to hit PSN this update as well and PS3 fans will be happy as clams for a while!

+ lostinplainsight on January 5th, 2010 at 1:21 pm said:

were we promised jet packs? man’ how did I miss that? nobody tells me anything!

the game looks great even though I’m not to big on capcom these days I might just pick this one up.

eat it Edison

+ hush404 on January 5th, 2010 at 1:23 pm said:

Sweet. The whole premise has appealed to me from day one but I had questions about how it handled, hopefully the demo will answer those questions :)

+ shadowkiller11 on January 5th, 2010 at 1:29 pm said:

Pre-ordered but i’ll still try.

+ Tezasaurus on January 5th, 2010 at 1:31 pm said:

Looks good, can’t wait for the demo.

+ poodude on January 5th, 2010 at 1:58 pm said:

Yes! Thanks for putting out a demo. I’m very interested in this game, but I’m not too sure as to how it will turn out. Now a demo may end up solidifying (I’m pretty sure that’s spelt wrong…) my purchase. If I like the demo I’ll probably end up picking this up along with Army of Two: The 40th day since I think they both come out on the same day.

+ seannyspen23 on January 5th, 2010 at 2:02 pm said:

this game looks great

+ lostinplainsight on January 5th, 2010 at 2:09 pm said:

wow mystery science theater 3000 and the Rocketeer. a lot of old folks on the blog today (myself included)

+ JKar275 on January 5th, 2010 at 2:16 pm said:

I love the whole idea of jetpack & aerial combat! I’m hoping that we’ll have the ability to use a fully customizable version of Six-Axis motion control for the jetpack. Warhawk’s implementation of Six-Axis motion control is a great example of this.

+ JKar275 on January 5th, 2010 at 2:21 pm said:

@#27: I agree that there should be a sub simulation game on the PS3. I also think that there should be PS3 games that allow you to control a character with SCUBA gear fighting enemies underwater.

+ SSully on January 5th, 2010 at 2:22 pm said:

Looking foward to the demo, so many games but i might give this one a purchase.

+ SarshelYam on January 5th, 2010 at 2:39 pm said:

Morgan Gray! I love what this team did for one of my favorite Arcade Action Flight Sims of all time…Crimson Skies.

I’ve been waiting a long, looooong time for Dark Void and I was fortunate enough to play the build at Capcom’s teensy booth at E3. The vertical cover system…MIND BLOWING! It was already in the cards but after my brief gameplay it was basically THE MUST have 3rd Party title of the year…hands down.

I’ll be loving this demo, but I’ll be loving the game more when I pick up the full game soon.

Oh, and I’m still trying to scrape together some funds to afford myself one of those William Grey statues…it’s so amazingly beautiful…and expensive…curse eBay!!

+ poweredbyzen on January 5th, 2010 at 2:41 pm said:

this comes out a week before MAG; looks like i’ll be busy the month of january! what a way to start the new year! thanks guys!

+ tye93redhawk on January 5th, 2010 at 2:46 pm said:

wtf i just paid 5.99 for resident evil 2 down load on my ps3 and i don’t even get to play the whole game and i only get to play as Leon so wtf i just paid 5.99 for nothing so every one out there do not buy re2 download its not worth it i just wasted my money :(

PAGE 1 2