PS4 - Batman Arkham Knight

We Were Promised Jetpacks! Dark Void Demo Lands This Week

Morgan Gray's Avatar + Posted by Morgan Gray on Jan 05, 2010 // Sr. Producer, Dark Void

Hello everyone!

I wanted a chance to drop by and let everyone know that a demo of Dark Void will be releasing this Thursday on the PlayStation Store. We figure why not start the new year with a bit of jet pack action.

So what’s in the demo?

With all the aspects of Dark Void ranging from ground combat, jetpack dogfighting, vertical combat, its hard to slam everything into a 10 minute window :) We decided that everyone would want to get a feel for flight right off the bat, so we start you off with a bit of flying tutorial, then get into some serious UFO dogfighting (well, not that serious, but it should be enough for people to figure out what button does what and kill some Watchers…which is really what it is all about when you get down to it). After that we let you see how flying blends into ground action…and cap the experience with a bit of vertical combat…

All in all, a nice sampler platter of Dark Void game play bits without diving into the storyline or plot too much. Believe me, its just a small taste of what Dark Void is like (I recommend checking out some gameplay videos online to see what it looks like when the s&@# hits the fan for real :)

Rise up!

PAGE 1 2

+ John_Oval on January 5th, 2010 at 3:14 pm said:

@50

Sorry bout your luck but what does that have to do with Dark Void?

+ B_E_A_N_R_M_A_N on January 5th, 2010 at 3:16 pm said:

man the games looks epic cant wait to try it

the whole jetpack thing is wat makes this game different from the rest and besides im pretty sure we all dreamed of havin and using a jetpack

this game is probably as close as ill ever get to usin one

+ Zarxce on January 5th, 2010 at 3:18 pm said:

@50 tye93redhawk

wtfomg I know! Not just RE2 but also FF7. I just bought that and it won’t let me play past disc 1. wtf. No one buy this game I just wasted my money =(

……

Oh wait, I can just use the disc change option, because I am not a retard.

ANYWAYS, going back on topic. Dark Void looks like a really fun game. I can’t wait to try out the demo to see if I’m buying this or not.

+ Miles514 on January 5th, 2010 at 4:09 pm said:

Wow i cannot wait to try this. If it is good enough then i will not buy heavy rain and buy this instead. Not saying heavy rain wont be cool and everything.

+ poodude on January 5th, 2010 at 4:16 pm said:

Just watched the trailer, it actually comes out a week after Army of Two. Oh well, I’ll probably still get it.

+ Neil on January 5th, 2010 at 5:06 pm said:

I hope this game sells well.

+ XScreamingEagleX on January 5th, 2010 at 5:35 pm said:

cant wait to try it out!

+ coolasj19 on January 5th, 2010 at 5:37 pm said:

can you please confirm or deny Hustle Kings jeff?

im only buying a PSN card if hustle kings is out.

and last Qore episode got me excited for this. so this is a definite check out.

+ ADR143 on January 5th, 2010 at 6:03 pm said:

ive been hearing that this game is suppose to be great.

i know alot of ppl is anticipating this game to release.

i will try the demo and see if its any good

+ acerazer1 on January 5th, 2010 at 6:36 pm said:

woo hoo jetpacks

+ Caudill on January 5th, 2010 at 7:18 pm said:

Have my copy preordered already, can’t wait to try the demo though!

+ lets-be_azn on January 5th, 2010 at 7:58 pm said:

BOOOO its a really good game but no multiplayer, just imagine how fun it would be to have multi player

+ stevelvl on January 5th, 2010 at 11:54 pm said:

wow 2 weeks for an ps store update? whats the deal? did weekly updates go away?

+ VenomXv on January 6th, 2010 at 12:51 am said:

Sweet. Looks good. Too many good games this month.

+ bentl78 on January 6th, 2010 at 8:31 am said:

another game i was looking forward to! hope it is good!

just picked up bayonetta and darksiders, looking forward to the demo..

so many good games~ this looks promising~ if this is good, i’ll have ANOTHER busy month.. DA origins.. took hundred + hours away..lol

+ RaugDrauka on January 6th, 2010 at 2:23 pm said:

I played the demo I wasn’t really impressed with the flight controls at all.

+ bravo1105 on January 7th, 2010 at 1:53 pm said:

It’s Thursday … And as of 2pm pst no dark void demo on psn … What’s up with that ?

+ BigRon3400 on January 8th, 2010 at 7:39 am said:

Just played this demo, wow it really sucked. Where was the vertical cover combat I heard so much about? You should have had that in the demo.

+ SNAKE-EYES73 on January 8th, 2010 at 7:52 am said:

Dark Void Played the demo I thought that this game was to much Halo with wings as well as the play control was to confusing…Capcom needs to fix this game before it is released to public..

+ solidomarzero on January 8th, 2010 at 10:48 am said:

this demo is ossum!

+ cyphid on January 9th, 2010 at 5:31 pm said:

I played the demo yesterday! Several times too! I loved the Rocketeer and I’m glad see some inspiration from that movie! The demo didn’t have any vertical action. Oh well I’m sold anyways! Pre-ordered awhile ago!

PAGE 1 2