PS4-Watch_Dogs

This Week in PlayStation Home: Waterfall Terrace Personal Space, NCAA Football Jerseys + Loads More!

Locust_Star's Avatar + Posted by Locust_Star on Jan 06, 2010 // PlayStation Home Community Manager

Happy New Year Home-bodies!

We here on the PlayStation Home team are dutifully working away on our New Year’s resolution, which is to continually offer more and more awesome stuff to you, the loyal PlayStation Home community, all throughout 2010. And to start, we’re releasing one of the coolest personal spaces to ever appear on the platform – the Waterfall Terrace.

This gorgeous abode, carved from the belly of an enormous tree, sits atop a massive waterfall, overlooking a truly breathtaking vista where you can enjoy an eternal sunset all while entertaining your friends with the space’s built-in fishing game. Cast out into your private lagoon and then try to reel in the big one. The better your lure, the better your chances of landing a lunker (hint: your lures upgrade as you progress throughout the game). Your best catches are automatically mounted on the wall of your apartment as testament to your angling prowess. Display your achievements in this expansive pad, which gives plenty of room to party and plenty of space to customize (special Waterfall Terrace furniture will also be made available come launch day). Check out the video below for a tour of this brand spanking new personal space, available this Thursday in the Estates store in the PlayStation Home Mall.

EA continues to bring a wide array of sports-related content into the ever-evolving world of PlayStation Home, much to the delight of all you hardcore sports fans. This week EA releases a literal ton of NCAA college football jerseys. Gators, Blue Devils, Wolverines, Tar Heels, Fighting Irish – whatever your alma mater may be, you will now be able to show your school spirit properly. Head over to the EA SPORTS Complex or the PlayStation Home Mall to pick up these awesome jerseys first thing Thursday morning.

PlayStation Home NCAAFBscreen1 PlayStation Home NCAA FB screen5

PlayStation Home NCAA FB screen6 PlayStation Home NCAA FB screen2

Finally, the PlayStation Home Mall will be getting a significant update this week – including new Assassin’s Creed 2 items (male and female Guard outfits) and some additional sportswear items. Be sure to pick these hot new items up this week to complete out your collection.

See you in Home!

PAGE 1 2 3

+ Wolf26pack on January 7th, 2010 at 5:41 am said:

Wow I must say that new Apartment looks great but, like everyone else feel that with the 50 item limit per space put on them that it will feel fairly empty. If you guys doubled the item limit to 100 per space I don’t think many people would be able to complain about it.

Now when it comes to the Trophy Room/Hall of Fame I think that boat has sailed & is long gone sadly :-( . We all know how Sony works when it comes to these things, they say they will bring out this X feature and it takes them forever, then when they finally bring it out the developers hardly support it, So I really don’t see any developers other than Sony taking extra time to make 3D trophies unless Sony said it would be requried from now on but, again we all know Sony they don’t like to set standards they like to let the developers have their freedom and put in what ever they want. So sadly unless you put a wad of $$$ in their hands they aren’t going to put anymore effort into your system then they have to.

to be continued…

+ windsmere on January 7th, 2010 at 7:14 am said:

How about some NCAA PSN avatars I would love to have a Florida Gator Avatar

+ DaddyDeath on January 7th, 2010 at 7:57 am said:

Lol at no Ohio State jersey on that list. Go Penn State!!!

+ SNAKE-EYES73 on January 7th, 2010 at 8:28 am said:

Where is Minnesota Vikings?..Give me some Hockey as well Go Wild! =)

+ jacksoj1 on January 7th, 2010 at 9:22 am said:

Where is the Ohio State jersey?

+ HatmanTc on January 7th, 2010 at 9:31 am said:

you would have had my $3 if there was a OHIO STATE jersey for sale. you got DUKE’s football jersey who have maybe won 10 football games in the last 10 years but no BUCKEYE jersey..for shame on you

+ AnthonyTonyMagic on January 7th, 2010 at 10:05 am said:

I’ve got no real complaints about Home or the updates because Home is free.

Still, I would like it if we had the option of going to our Home apartment as soon as we turn on the PS3, instead of the XMB. Common actions like listening to music, watching videos or opening games should all be available in the apartment in offline mode by using a virtual TV, hi-fi or PS3.

We could access the XMB by pressing PS button, or through the PDA.

If Home could then connect and do its downloads in the background without affecting my offline activities within the apartment, then that would be great.

+ SteveO1966 on January 7th, 2010 at 10:31 am said:

How about fixing the Furniture packages for Waterfall Terrace? I’m hearing when you buy them, you are missing 2 – 3 pieces. I won’t be buying this until there is a CONFIRMED FIX! Since it’s obvious that you people (sony) can’t offer any kind of customer service! Like I had asked several messages ago, not to mention the PM’s sent for help as well. You people FAIL at giving any kind of customer service!

+ Wolf26pack on January 7th, 2010 at 10:37 am said:

We desperatly need music to be able to be played in our apartments as during christmas I had a beautifully decorated log cabin but couldn’t play any Christmas Music too set the mood. I also have a dance floor,disco lights & laser lights & as good as they look it is just weird dancing to the sound of crickets I could on & on with what needs to be fixed so I’ll make it easy & just post the link to my suggestions which are on the forums in the January 2010 Virtual Items Suggestion Thread.

Please Sony Read it and work on some of the things I mentioned in my post which by the way is post #58 in the thread.

Link:http://boardsus.playstation.com/playstation/board/message?board.id=ps3home&thread.id=867483&view=by_date_ascending&page=6

Thanks
Wolf26pack

P.S. Thanks for Fixing the Male New Years Eve Shirt so fast hopefully we can start to see the same fast results with all the other problems Home has.

+ Momo_Adachi on January 7th, 2010 at 5:00 pm said:

READ THE PERSONAL MESSAGES THAT I WAS TOLD BY THE SONY CALL CENTER AND FORUM MODS TO SEND TO THE HOME MANAGERS REGARDING MY PERMANENT HOME FREEZE ISSUE. REPLY TO THAT PLEASE.

+ Momo_Adachi on January 7th, 2010 at 5:05 pm said:

WHAT DOES IT TAKE TO GET A HOME MANAGER TO REPLY TO AN ACTUAL ISSUE THAT HAS BEEN ESCELATED TO THEIR LEVEL THEY JUST DON’T KNOW IT BECAUSE THEY DO NOT HAVE TIME TO READY PM’S FROM AVERAGE PEOPLE BUT THERE IS NOW WAY FOR SOMEONE LIKE ME TO CONTACT THEM? I BEGGED THE CALL CENTER AND MODS ON THE FORUMS TO CONTACT THEM ON MY BEHALF SO THAT MAYBE UNDER THOSE CIRCUMSTANCES I COULD GET A RESPONSE. JUST LOOK AT WHAT I AM ATTMEPTING TO DO RIGHT NOW OUT OF TOTAL FRUSTRATION FROM THE LACK OF DEDICATED HOME CUSTOMER SUPPORT. IS THERE ANYONE ON EARTH ALIVE WHO CAN HELP ME?

+ Vanquish23 on January 7th, 2010 at 5:18 pm said:

Very much agree with #41.

The load times need to seriously be reduced, to make the experience more streamlined.

+ Momo_Adachi on January 7th, 2010 at 6:12 pm said:

HMM THIS WOULD BE GREAT! NOW ONLY IF HOME WORKED FOR ME….. HMMM, IF ONLY I COULD GET SOME ONE FROM SONY TO HELP ME..

+ Sphinx7 on January 7th, 2010 at 6:45 pm said:

Will Mississippi State University’s jersey also be added?

+ scareforce18 on January 7th, 2010 at 7:41 pm said:

hey Locust_Star

the x, square, and circle buttons don’t do anything outside of the pause and interaction menus. how about maybe adding some actions to them in the near future?

+ nissangtr261 on January 8th, 2010 at 12:08 am said:

Hi i looked at this weeks update and it said we were getting new sports costumes such as jet fighter, cheerleader and sailor exc.. but i looked in the mall and none of these were there. so i would like to know if there was a problem with releasing them and if they will be appearing in Home this week or the next. Thank You..

+ JonnyTsunamiii on January 8th, 2010 at 1:43 am said:

will more team jerseys be released later on?

+ granny108 on January 8th, 2010 at 8:25 am said:

I’m with the others maximize our abilities to add more furniture to personal spaces, offer more varities: pool tables, card tables,etc.. also more women clothing: shoes, colors, purses, dirbys, hats, jewelry, the ability to mix and match jewelry….dont offer these items with a limit, that suks…..

+ xSweet_As_Kandix on January 8th, 2010 at 9:44 am said:

on the pda on home it says something about a cheerleader outfit among many other sports outfits but yet it’s not in the mall

+ president2038 on January 8th, 2010 at 1:21 pm said:

Maybe show the South Florida Bulls some love? God knows they need it right now…

+ DigitalDevilSaga on January 8th, 2010 at 7:21 pm said:

New Waterfall Terrace looks great! Keep them updates comming for all of us that have extreme ADHD haha!

+ jennifer_shane on January 9th, 2010 at 5:55 am said:

Locust Star,

I waited up until 2am on NYE to see the ball drop and nothing happened. No special even, no ball drop, nothing. I’m confused.

+ jhf239 on January 9th, 2010 at 1:12 pm said:

rock on Ny

+ KNRasengan on January 9th, 2010 at 8:57 pm said:

*sigh* There are football jerseys in Home but no basketball? *sigh*

+ GrayGhost45 on January 10th, 2010 at 9:51 pm said:

COMMENT 41 says it all.

+ GrayGhost45 on January 10th, 2010 at 9:51 pm said:

COMMENT 41 says it all.

+ mrfrance4 on January 13th, 2010 at 9:51 am said:

I’m new to PS Home. Can you drive or buy cars?

+ pasword12 on January 13th, 2010 at 11:55 am said:

They should make a Call Of Duty: Modern Warfare space!!!

+ pasword12 on January 13th, 2010 at 11:55 am said:

They should make a Call Of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 space!!!

+ villa2144 on January 13th, 2010 at 8:37 pm said:

I want a pool table in my personal space… its the little things that count!

+ timmyt77 on January 14th, 2010 at 7:39 am said:

What’s new for the week of January 11th,2010?

+ sorrowkids on January 14th, 2010 at 7:27 pm said:

hey locust star! the fishing game on the waterfall terrace has quit working and it looks like i have lost all progress(atleast on my system) it keeps saying it is not available. about 3 days after buying the space it went down. any thoughts or is my post the first complaint?

+ gettps on January 16th, 2010 at 8:19 am said:

My waterfall terrace did the same thing. My fishing game is unavailable and all my progress has been lost. Is it bieng worked on? Or is it just a bug in the software? When will it be fixed?

+ HolliHandGrenade on January 16th, 2010 at 7:42 pm said:

I recently purchased the Waterfall Terrace PS & was disappointed to find that my fishing game dosen’t work…Has n e 1 else experienced this problem? & are there any fixes 4 it?

+ Toucantex on January 18th, 2010 at 8:00 am said:

My fishing game in Waterfall Terrace does not work Any reason why

+ Hiddenx__Shinobi on January 19th, 2010 at 6:11 pm said:

well we should get free furniture….I mean damn it… lol why would I want to spend money on something I can’t really sit on wtf…

+ Coastal_Simba24 on January 20th, 2010 at 10:43 pm said:

do you have West Virgina jersey yet if not make one plz and thank you my friend

+ X-xUNOx-X on January 21st, 2010 at 4:30 pm said:

wheres the ohio state buckeyes jersey???

+ X-xUNOx-X on January 21st, 2010 at 4:32 pm said:

the michigan wolverine jersey is messed up on the female side the picture is right but the the preview on the avatar shows the WVU jersey. anyway to fix this cause i wont spend 2.99 to find out and be very disappointed. ty home.

+ delta__nine on January 23rd, 2010 at 8:23 am said:

ugg!they should rename this site complain.us.playstation.com .jeez.

+ ayman21 on January 24th, 2010 at 2:00 pm said:

when is there going to be a kill zone 2 or modern warfare 2 space

+ Edenjaede on January 25th, 2010 at 1:54 pm said:

The jerseys and waterfall apt is great but when are the furniture bundles going to work i am still missing some items and why cant there be a minigame for the tireswing?

+ sharpshooter0 on January 26th, 2010 at 6:18 pm said:

I have not been in Home for a long while, how is it?

+ xXsuperbananaXx on January 27th, 2010 at 11:24 pm said:

No University of Utah football jersey!? Didn’t we win the championships like a year ago and that’s why the University of Utah quarterback is on the cover of NCAA Football 2010? Yet no U of U jersey in home.

+ lendaug on January 30th, 2010 at 10:53 am said:

Ide rather see a purchasable pool-table and poker table.. for your house… my friend and i get quite burnt trying too enter the same pool game..

and the poker table wouldnt even need too be ranked, or award anything… ide just like a private poker table my friends and i can sit down at.. and play some poker.. siting for 30 minutes waiting for a game, than getting in said game.. and having 4 people doing nothing but going all in… is quite lame

+ lendaug on January 30th, 2010 at 10:54 am said:

shoot even a lane or two of bowling for your house would be rad…. ide pay 5 bucks easy for a pool or poker table..

+ rainbowhillbilly on January 31st, 2010 at 2:12 am said:

Please do something with our wardrobs. It takes for ever it to load and if you try to go into your wardrobe while in the plaza chances are it’s going to lock up and then you have to reboot and then it’s 10 min’s to get back into HOME again!! Please HELP!

+ PS_gamer_15 on January 31st, 2010 at 5:10 pm said:

“The best Personal Space in PlayStation Home!”

I liked the “Waterfall Terrace” Space, It’s a very rexaling, cool, big and creative Space. I mean, Who’s not going to like this wonderful Space?. I think that this Personal Space, beat all the others spaces…”PS3 Rocks! PS3 Rules!”

PAGE 1 2 3