PS4 - Transistor

SOCOM Fireteam Bravo 3 Gone Gold, Available February 16

Mark Rogers's Avatar + Posted by Mark Rogers on Jan 07, 2010 // Senior Producer, SCEA

Hi everyone. We want to share the news that SOCOM: U.S. Navy Fireteam Bravo 3 has now officially gone gold in North America and is off to manufacturing. You’ll be able to pick up both at retail and PSN via download on February 16. In the meantime, head over to GameTrailers and check out the latest FTB3 Developer Diary.

SOCOM Fireteam Bravo 3 Box

If you haven’t preordered the game already, we have some great incentives for you to do so. Two exclusive multiplayer units are available only for those who preorder or purchase the game via PSN: The British SAS with the AS-50 BMG sniper/anti-material rifle and the German KSK with the F2000 assault rifle. You can find these pre-order programs at retailers like Best Buy, GameCrazy, GameStop, Amazon.com and other participating retailers. Fans who purchase their copy of SOCOM: U.S. Navy SEALs Fireteam Bravo 3 from the PlayStation Network within the first 30 days of launch will receive the pre-order Special Forces.

39 Comments

+ DANO69 on January 7th, 2010 at 10:51 am said:

LET THE BASHING OF CRAP GAME DEVELOPERS BEGIN…..

+ ER-nut on January 7th, 2010 at 10:53 am said:

Can’t wait to try it! Any news off a demo?

+ Sla-Mori on January 7th, 2010 at 10:56 am said:

” insert random bash on Slant six comment ”

Secondly: When will we hear something about what you guys are planning NEXT for Socom Confrontation? Are you guys going to abandone it? Not that I really care to be honest, Zipper (which should have made Socom to begin with) has created another masterpiece called: MAG. Available 26 Jan 2010. GET IT PEOPLE

+ TheBonach on January 7th, 2010 at 10:57 am said:

Game looks great! Can’t wait for it

+ KidCommando on January 7th, 2010 at 11:02 am said:

I really like the box art, but won’t be buying the game.

+ MiChAeL6 on January 7th, 2010 at 11:03 am said:

Are you guys sure this time?

+ ghamdikh1 on January 7th, 2010 at 11:04 am said:

cool

+ Sup3r_l33t_N1nj4 on January 7th, 2010 at 11:05 am said:

MOAR LEIK SLANT SUX!

LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL

+ Daigen on January 7th, 2010 at 11:11 am said:

day 1 buy! can’t wait!

+ improperlyaged on January 7th, 2010 at 11:12 am said:

please keep with this formula. socom tactical strike was utter garbage. i own both fireteam bravo 1 n 2. both were actually good games. also correct me if i’m wrong but does that say we can buy the digital download the same day as teh retail release? as in sony used their brain and made them the same date? could they be moving store updates to tuesday to concide with releases like they shouldve done upon releasing the go? nah must just be a one time coincidence.

+ JAXX377 on January 7th, 2010 at 11:13 am said:

+ MiltonMafia on January 7th, 2010 at 11:14 am said:

I’m not a fan of the Socom series. I’m even less of a fan of people who can’t spell.

+ BigRon3400 on January 7th, 2010 at 11:18 am said:

@ #3 MAG is not a masterpiece. I cancelled my preorders for MAG and Mod Nation after playing the betas. Can’t wait for White Knight Chronicles though.

+ DANO69 on January 7th, 2010 at 11:22 am said:

Move to X-BOX or something slant 6…So we can be “RID OF YOU”.

+ gators625 on January 7th, 2010 at 11:35 am said:

Nice! Definitely looking forward to this one.

+ T3mpr1x on January 7th, 2010 at 11:38 am said:

Looking forward to this.

To the Slant Six bashers: Why don’t you actually try this game out first? It plays much like the FTB games before it, which were developed by Zipper. Definitely a good sign, and the online should be fun!

+ Chase167 on January 7th, 2010 at 11:44 am said:

im finish Slant Six games. i bet there will be a patch for the game after a week

+ wotta on January 7th, 2010 at 11:46 am said:

Believe me this game is looking very good indeed.

+ poodude on January 7th, 2010 at 12:23 pm said:

Slant Six, just know that not everyone out there hates you. I still believe you guys will do better if you make another PS3 game, and I’ll probably pick this up too. Thought maybe not on launch since I have a ton of games to buy already, but it will make it into my collection eventually.

+ zombie_56 on January 7th, 2010 at 12:35 pm said:

@#13 mag beta made me pre order it

+ Bue2_222 on January 7th, 2010 at 12:58 pm said:

I enjoyed FTB1&2 but Confrontation drop the ball on this franchise by having a weak start and even today i felt that Confrontation is long and restricted to play compared to Metal Gear Online. The only way to get awards and upgrades in Confrontation to go to a ranked room that has advanced players or no one playing. also if you die at the first minute of gameplay, you have to wait 3 more minutes or your team/other team dies first to play again. Saint Six, you made enjoyable games on the psp, please stay on the psp and let zipper handle the ps3.

+ adolson on January 7th, 2010 at 12:59 pm said:

The videos I’ve seen looked pretty good… I don’t know what’s with all the hate above me… The PS3 version started off extremely rough, and I haven’t played it since, but mainly I want single-player and co-op games anyhow, rather than competitive shooters. Just my preference. I hear this game has both.

+ KILLZONE79 on January 7th, 2010 at 1:21 pm said:

@ 17 probably, slant 6 cant do crap
look how screwed up confrontation for PS3 is.

+ Patronaso on January 7th, 2010 at 1:37 pm said:

I’m a day one owner of confrontation and I was disappointed. But reading some of these posts makes me feel like I’m surrounded by 13 year old boys. I’m sure Slant 6 knows they dropped the ball, but only CONSTRUCTIVE CRITICISM will help remedy that not blind negativity.

Hopefully this will be a step back in the right direction in our minds… good luck Slant 6.

+ Ruffday on January 7th, 2010 at 1:43 pm said:

Obviously these people haven’t played “Coldfront” if they did they wouldn’t be bashing. I enjoy the Socom franchise, but unfurtunately I don’t support Psp. Any how nice work on Socom, Slant 6. As you see on your servers, there are lots of people who feel like me. Hoorah!!!!!

+ Korlithiel on January 7th, 2010 at 1:59 pm said:

First 30 days to get it from the PSN, I think I can manage that. Still wish there was a way to preorder from the PSN though, but happy regardless.

+ ShaperOfForm on January 7th, 2010 at 3:15 pm said:

I am ashamed of the hateful remarks on this board about slant six. Is it too much to ask for people to conduct themselves respectfully in this world?
Socom Confrontation had a bumpy start, but now it is as good if not better than previous Socom games.
They deserve appreciation for working hard to make things right. I look forward to FTB3. I also trust that they have learned a tremendous amount from Socom Confrontation.

+ ShaperOfForm on January 7th, 2010 at 3:17 pm said:

Socom Confrontation had a bumpy start, but now it is as good, if not better than previous Socom games.

+ Chris-PShome on January 7th, 2010 at 5:19 pm said:

Slant Six can suck my left nut.

WILL NEVER BUY ANOTHER GAME FROM YOU AGAIN.

+ mrico on January 7th, 2010 at 5:32 pm said:

I actually don’t hate them and Socom Tactical Strike was in my opinion good.Maybe cause I like strategy games either way it was fun and I can’t wait to play this :)

+ ADR143 on January 7th, 2010 at 6:01 pm said:

guys seriously STOP with /6 bash!

they did a really big mistake from the beginning and they did made it up in DLC. but it was wayy too long when they release the DLC.

Socom confrontation gameplay was ok compare to others.

hopefully if /6(I prefer Zipper) do another socom game they should make a “real” Socom 2 in PS3.

im not PSP owner so i dont care bout this game.

+ fgump2112 on January 7th, 2010 at 7:24 pm said:

too many delays, this is not something I will buy as a result. I wonder what show stopping bug they found to put the gold master on hold?

the reviews would have to be stellar for me to consider another game from this developer.

+ RageRacer7 on January 7th, 2010 at 7:59 pm said:

u know i was really looking forward to this game but now im having second thoughts now and u know why?

BECAUSE SLANT SIX IS BEING A BASTARD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

+ RageRacer7 on January 7th, 2010 at 8:02 pm said:

like february 16?
next in in march then april then may then june then july then u need to get thid game in psn live then it goes off market like wtf?

+ khatglz on January 7th, 2010 at 8:24 pm said:

feb. 16 is too waayyy long to wait to get this game..

+ poweredbyzen on January 8th, 2010 at 5:23 am said:

so many shooter games, i can’t keep up! i do know i’ll be playing mag for sure! my pspgo is on stand-by; still waiting for new downloadable content to fill the 32GB space with games i like!

+ xTruShinobix on January 8th, 2010 at 6:41 am said:

So I’ve waited almost half a year in anticipation for this game…and it just now goes gold. :[ why??? It should’ve gone gold already x{

+ jyzal_2012 on January 19th, 2010 at 2:34 pm said:

I can’t wait until this game come out!!!!!! its about to be so awsome!!!!!

+ mangudiaforce on January 21st, 2010 at 6:26 pm said:

mark sorry to bother you we have a problem with socom idiots in the MAG blogs. telling zipper enough on mag dropit and get to work on socom. first off socom boys. MAG is a revolutionary fps. a SONY exsclusive. the biggest fps of all time. now you like socom a i cant shoot a gun on my own i have no skills 3rd person shooter. i like i can will and do shoot the gun on my own first persn shooters. i bought socom once and i dont play it. why simple to me it sucks. now c dabuma b thinks socom is great and mag will only hold players for 2 weeks. bad news ive player 3 mag beta sets im board and counting the days till its reliese. if you like socom good for you. but zipper is busy on a milestone game. drop the socom whining. this will make SONY the all time giant in fps gaming and the top all time platform in console gaming. so do not bomb our blogs with anitMAGism. sorry your skilless in fps gaming. but zipper is busy right now.