Bloodborne

Introducing the Official Heavy Rain Box Art

Cristian Cardona's Avatar + Posted by Cristian Cardona on Jan 12, 2010 // Associate Product Marketing Manager, Software Marketing

Hi folks!

Some of you surfing around yesterday might have stumbled upon what might be the US packfront. We just wanted to drop a note to everyone confirming that the below, is indeed, the US packfront for Heavy Rain:

Heavy Rain PS3 Packfront

We’re also able to confirm Heavy Rain‘s final ESRB rating has come in at a strong M for Blood, Intense Violence, Nudity, Sexual Content, Strong Language and Use of Drugs. And for those of you who have asked, the content is exactly the same as what’s being released in all our territories, so you’ll get to enjoy it exactly as Quantic Dream intended.

We’ll have much more in the coming days as we get closer to launch, so keep an eye out on the Blog for more information on one of PlayStation’s hottest titles of 2010!

PAGE 1 2 3 5

+ pavlovic on January 12th, 2010 at 9:37 am said:

I do like it… a lot

+ whoelse on January 12th, 2010 at 9:37 am said:

In my opinion it is too “busy”, but nevermind. Really looking forward to the game! :)

+ Wolverick on January 12th, 2010 at 9:37 am said:

Awesome Box art. Really like this better than the European box art. Thing it gives a better representation of the game.

+ Spunta on January 12th, 2010 at 9:38 am said:

@2

I agree. It does seem a bit too busy, but it’s a deal breaker by any means.

+ GekooktEi on January 12th, 2010 at 9:39 am said:

It’s nice, but I like the EU one better, it’s more simple and more mysterious… All protagonists in a posed position on the cover is a bit cliche, but as I said, I like it :)

+ Destiny89 on January 12th, 2010 at 9:39 am said:

I like the boxart.. cant wait for the game. i pre-ordered it yesterday :), question tho was i supposed to get a free code for my pre-order? because i didn’t and forgot to tell them ( From EBgames Canada.
Thanks

Cristian Cardona's Avatar

+ Cristian Cardona on January 12th, 2010 at 11:59 am said:

The retailer that you pre-ordered it from will be giving you the code. You should receive it when you pick your copy up. I\’d check with the retailer to confirm.

+ MOE-GUNZ-JACKSON on January 12th, 2010 at 9:39 am said:

It doesn’t look to “busy” to me.

Looks great.

+ kentacohut on January 12th, 2010 at 9:39 am said:

That makes the game look so much more appealing!

+ inkme1 on January 12th, 2010 at 9:40 am said:

i liked the eu boxart better! can we expect a demo for HR on the psn anytime soon?

+ AnonymousAndrew on January 12th, 2010 at 9:41 am said:

Now prominently featuring breasts.

+ kosluftar on January 12th, 2010 at 9:44 am said:

Is it hardcore?

+ kentacohut on January 12th, 2010 at 9:46 am said:

Upon looking at the European one, I definitely like theirs more, but all box art in America has the main characters plastered all over it so why should this be any different?

+ SpyDudeFX on January 12th, 2010 at 9:46 am said:

The int’l artwork is much cleaner and nicer, http://mmomfg.com/2010/01/12/heavy-rain-us-cover-art-112/ than the US one. Still have this game on pre-order for months now, so looking fwd to it.

+ mr846522 on January 12th, 2010 at 9:46 am said:

I think if it was only the origami it would be cooler

+ remanutd5 on January 12th, 2010 at 9:47 am said:

nice i have already pre ordered it at gamestop , and i have been banned for a year from the playstation forums for posting the latest Heavy Rain video ( which contains nudity ) i think the game is aimed to certain audience so you guys should let only mature people discuss it instead of banning everyone whos posting Heavy Rain videos. another thing is hope you guys make at least a tv spot for this game

+ linebeginstoblur on January 12th, 2010 at 9:50 am said:

Yeah, they WOULD put the female in front. How do you attract a buyer who wouldn’t have otherwise bought a certain game? Make sure that it’s impossible to read the title without also looking at breasts. Nice one.. The guy in the far right in the back looks kind of out of place. The lighting makes his face look like it’s made of plastic or something.

Still a day-one/preorder buy for me though. :D

+ anotherdae on January 12th, 2010 at 9:50 am said:

This looks like something for “Prison Break”

+ SPARDA on January 12th, 2010 at 9:53 am said:

LOOKS GREAT!!!!!!!!!!

+ Conrad_Max on January 12th, 2010 at 9:54 am said:

I have been looking forward to this game since the moment I had read about it a long time ago.

+ Hunter_xx_ on January 12th, 2010 at 9:55 am said:

yay :D, full female nudity for us :p

+ BrianMcGuinness on January 12th, 2010 at 9:55 am said:

How can box art be exciting?

+ psyXcho on January 12th, 2010 at 9:55 am said:

I really think the SCREAM box art era is over. aka putting the cast on the front of the box. Doesn’t look horrible though

+ Berae on January 12th, 2010 at 10:00 am said:

February 23rd cant come soon enough! lol cant wait to play my most anticipated game of 2010!

+ KSPRAYDAD on January 12th, 2010 at 10:02 am said:

Any chance you can have the EU boxart available as a pre formated PDF to print out? Like Madden did with Favre? I really much prefer the EU one.

Cristian Cardona's Avatar

+ Cristian Cardona on January 12th, 2010 at 12:00 pm said:

We\’ll be doing that for those that would prefer the UK artwork. Keep an eye out on the blog around launch!

+ ynp7 on January 12th, 2010 at 10:06 am said:

That’s pretty terrible box art. The placeholder art they had on Amazon was way better than this, which at best can be described as boring and uninspired.

+ TakiFuGu on January 12th, 2010 at 10:07 am said:

I’m not feeling the box art. However, I am excited for the game.

+ BigBoss712 on January 12th, 2010 at 10:07 am said:

don’t like it all that much tbh.

+ reson8er on January 12th, 2010 at 10:08 am said:

I like the EU one MUCH better…

+ Zookey on January 12th, 2010 at 10:09 am said:

The EU one is better, but regardless I am getting this game!

+ FireDragonGod on January 12th, 2010 at 10:15 am said:

Luv I Just Wish That Instead Of 3 Guyz & 1 Girl It Was 2 Guyz & 2 Girls

But Not Complains Here Awesome I Pray The God Of War Box Art Is This Good Or Better lol

2010 Best Year In Gaming History

+ SkyNet003 on January 12th, 2010 at 10:16 am said:

Don’t like the new cover. Too conventional and not specially well made, but it’s better than nothing, I guess…

The EU one was way better. Anyway, this is a day one buy for me.

+ Sekoku on January 12th, 2010 at 10:18 am said:

Now for the achievement list.

Not an easy 1000/Platinum no looking at this game. Simple, really.

+ Ghost_Shrimp on January 12th, 2010 at 10:28 am said:

Man that really sucks compared to the PAL cover.

+ Andrefpvs on January 12th, 2010 at 10:29 am said:

@30

Are you kidding me?

Anyways…

@ Cristian

Will the Heavy Rain Chronicles have Trophy support? I’d really appreciate it if you could answer this question. Thanks!

Cristian Cardona's Avatar

+ Cristian Cardona on January 12th, 2010 at 12:02 pm said:

We\’re checking in on Trophy support for Heavy Rain Chronicles and will definitely have some news on that before Heavy Rain launches.

+ Ostaf52 on January 12th, 2010 at 10:31 am said:

I want to get this game but I don’t know if I will have the money or the time to play it.

+ THE_AMAROK on January 12th, 2010 at 10:35 am said:

Jeff Dude I know you have tons of people writting asking you this and that. So i’ll ask in every post if I have to. LOL. Are they working on something for the PS3 browser. I like the concept of being able to get online instead of me waiting to turn on my laptop and surfing the web, but I have to admit the current PS3 browser, well how should I put this, isn’t up to par with anything out right now. It’s like woking with Windows 95 brother. Please tell me they are looking into this. Thanks bro.

+ sNsKid on January 12th, 2010 at 10:38 am said:

I don’t like it. It looks weird.

+ Worm- on January 12th, 2010 at 10:41 am said:

the EU one looks so much better IMO

+ NEJI64 on January 12th, 2010 at 10:41 am said:

i wish he new shipment of the 120gb PS3s come in to Bestbuy.

+ Vergil3690 on January 12th, 2010 at 10:53 am said:

Euro box art is much better.

+ HatmanTc on January 12th, 2010 at 11:01 am said:

Looks ok. I lie the simplistc charm the UK box art has though

+ NARDE15 on January 12th, 2010 at 11:05 am said:

I love how you guys assume that all gamers like their games as morally depraved as possible!

Thanks anyway.

+ plaztiksyke on January 12th, 2010 at 11:10 am said:

I prefer the European box art, as well. I guess tits are required to sell games in the USA :(

I’m am so looking forward to this game, and I hope it’s success allows Quantic to re-master Indigo Prophecy with HD graphics and audio for release on PSN. Of course, seeing Omikron remastered in HD and hearing David Bowie’s great songs in 24-bit lossless would also be welcome! :)

I’m telling everyone I know to get this game.

+ RobRoks on January 12th, 2010 at 11:10 am said:

i hope UK offer is different :)

+ xiked on January 12th, 2010 at 11:14 am said:

I have pre ordered the Limited Edition!

But for Christ sake, advertise this game like insane! Casual gamers have no idea what that this game exist. Make massive tv spots weeks before and after the release!

+ Gorvi on January 12th, 2010 at 11:17 am said:

I’m not really a fan, but I’m always more for box art with a single focus, that seems too cluttered.

+ Tr3p1dat10n on January 12th, 2010 at 11:22 am said:

OOOh, boobies! Excited about the game. Can’t wait!

+ Parapraxis on January 12th, 2010 at 11:22 am said:

Jeff, is there any way we could get a printable version of the EU boxart with NA brandings, I’d really prefer the EU one, along with many other people.
I remember when we got the special Resistance 2 optional, printable boxarts and they were awesome.
You should ask about it, do it for the fans, the loyal loyal fans =D
Peace.

+ Manic_Craven on January 12th, 2010 at 11:23 am said:

So happy to be getting the EU cover art, The US art is hideous.

PAGE 1 2 3 5