PlayStation Vue

Jan 13

IREM Square Comes to PlayStation Home + Wizard’s Den, LittleBigPlanet and More!

Locust_Star's Avatar Posted by Locust_Star on Jan 13, 2010 // PlayStation Home Community Manager

It’s Wednesday, which means that it’s the time of the week that we here on the PlayStation Home team drop in to let the awesome people of the PlayStation Home community know what to expect in our weekly content publish. And this one is particularly exciting, as we’ve got a little something for everyone that comes Home this week.

First up is the legendary IREM Square, a dusk-flanked carnival scene based upon a traditional Japanese festival that is a veritable reward heaven. Enter into this gamers’ gala and rack up a ton of unique virtual items by interacting with a variety of local characters and playing the space’s dedicated game. Check out the pics below for a sneak-peek at what this cool new space has in store for you.

PlayStation Home iRem screen3

PlayStation Home iRem screen8 PlayStation Home iRem screen1

Fans of the fantastical have more than ample reason to roll [their 13-sided dice] into PlayStation Home this Thursday, as we release the otherworldly Wizard’s Den personal space. This dragon-encircled castle is the perfect place to let loose the sword-wielding, orc-slaying, spell-casting, sorcerer (or sorceress) that resides within. The best part? The super low price, of course ($2.99 USD). Check out the pics below to get a feel for this dreamscape domicile, and be sure to drop into the official PlayStation Home forums after you’ve had a chance to check out your new pad and give us your ever-so-valuable feedback.

PlayStation Home - Wizard's Den1 PlayStation Home - Wizard's Den2

PlayStation Home - Wizard's Den3 PlayStation Home - Wizard's Den4

Assassin’s Creed fans – I’m looking at you – are being treated to yet another addition to the long line of AC virtual items in PlayStation Home. Ubisoft is releasing male and female versions of the Altair ibn La-Ahad costume from Assassin’s Creed and Assassin’s Creed Bloodlines. Show the world that you “Live by the Creed” by adding the Altair costume to your Assassin’s Creed collection this week.

PlayStation Home Altair Male PlayStation Home Altair Female

We’ve seen you coming out in droves for our LittleBigPlanet Featured Game parties, and we’ve heard your feedback loud and clear. That’s why we’re pleased to announce that LittleBigPlanet will have full game-launching functionality come this Thursday. This should make setting up your LBP game launching sessions a breeze. Be sure to come out to Central Plaza all throughout this weekend and launch into your friend’s best levels – and take part in our other Featured Game parties this weekend, which include Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2, UFC 2009 Undisputed, and NCAA Basketball 10 (details can be found at the Listen@Home kiosk in Central Plaza).

In other news, the Legion shirt that so many of you grabbed last month from the Theater will magically sprout wings this Thursday. Don’t ask me how they did it; it must be some type of divine intervention. Check out the pics below – pretty cool, huh?

PlayStation Home LegionWings Female PlayStation Home LegionWings Male

See you in Home!

PAGE 1 2 3

+ Fly-boi_2009 on January 13th, 2010 at 1:04 pm said:

but when.. how long are we going to wait for public Voice Chat ??? my hopes is for this year.I really want that feature

+ Israel1948 on January 13th, 2010 at 1:05 pm said:

Locust, try and get the developers of MLB The Show to release MLB jerseys, like EA did with NCAA and NFL jerseys. I’d gladly pay good money for a Mets jersey/Mets items.

+ that_sterlin_kid on January 13th, 2010 at 1:09 pm said:

That’s great and everything buuut with all these big games coming out in the near future like *cough* Bioshock 2, Lost Planet 2, Heavy Rain, Dead Rising 2, MAG, etc *cough cough* IMO a couple more game related updates in the mall or more game related locations would get more money and attention…

Locust_Star's Avatar

+ CydoniaX on January 13th, 2010 at 1:36 pm said:

Oh, just you wait….we have more great game-related updates coming in the near future.

+ Sophronia on January 13th, 2010 at 1:12 pm said:

full LittleBigPlanet game-launching! Awesome!

+ xiked on January 13th, 2010 at 1:18 pm said:

I find it very boring that the personal spaces dont have stuff to do in them. Very few have mini games but I must say that it would be a requirement from now on. This is getting very boring.

+ PaperCarrier on January 13th, 2010 at 1:19 pm said:

About Little Big Planet full game lauching support It’s all great timing for me because I just happened to have pulled the game from the shelf and put it in my PS3 to play yesterday after it’s been sitting there for months. I’ll definitely give game launching a shot when I login to Home after the update.

+ nickolas82 on January 13th, 2010 at 1:22 pm said:

Please just make region(pal,jp,us) travels possible with some way!
Or give us the option to auto login to home when our console starts.
Thanks for reading

+ SOOPERGOOMAN187 on January 13th, 2010 at 1:22 pm said:

Part 1 of 2:
Hi Locust_Star, Loving the new items and space that’s come tomorrow but there are a few things that should get updated for Next Thursday and a few Thursdays following.

The first being the amount of Items that a person can put in any of their spaces. This should be increased to at least 200 pieces. Right now I have ALOT of furniture and accessories that sadly I can’t put all in any of my spaces. Honestly I should be able to place as many items I want within my own personal spaces. Second, The option to “Cancel” going to a location would be nice.

Thirdly I wish Home would log Me into my DefaultLocation set apartment, instead of sending me to the last server I was in. Sometimes this can be annoying and especially when you get stuck in a place. When you log on it should give you the choice of going to the last place you were or to your default Apartment. This would be great.

+ SOOPERGOOMAN187 on January 13th, 2010 at 1:24 pm said:

Part 2 of 2
Fourth, When I take a pic in Home, the name that is applied is too long for Home to recognize when I goto put it into a picture frame. Please fix this as I have over 500 pics taken in home on my ps3’s HDD. Going through them by memory gives me a migraine.
Fifth. Please refer to my thread in the Home General Forums on how to bring back public chat. This was the BEST Feature of Home.
Sixth: bring Items that were promised LAST YEAR, shrink drink, R/C micro Hovercrafts and Music and/or Video within our own spaces.
Have a Socom Night. I’ve seen every other game get it’s very own night but not Socom, why is that? Is there some major Hate-On for Socom?
Also how about redesigning the wardrobe for clothes. Make the glow-sticks into their own sub category of Hand Accessories, take the funny head gear out of headphones and put them into a separate “Fun Head-Gear” category. Also the same for rings and other “jewelery” they should have their own categories and should be able to pick which hand or both. The shirts tab should get broken into three or four sub categories such as: Animated; Jackets; Sports; t-shirts; sweaters, leaving it up to us to do the sorting.

+ Fly-boi_2009 on January 13th, 2010 at 1:24 pm said:

another point is.. its been getting very frustrating, new personal spaces,having mini games, but what about the other personal spaces we have paid for, like the summer house, Harbor studio, Neptune suit, we need additions board games, in the mall like pool tables,checker boards,Uno,etc for us to purchase for our apartments, to enjoy more with friends, instead of buying many with mini games in these new personal spaces y’all making..Please don’t forget about our former apartments !!

+ jmuuss on January 13th, 2010 at 1:27 pm said:

Quick question, will we be getting Irem stuff to buy? Like the Yukatas and furniture stuff?

+ Lord_Orpheo on January 13th, 2010 at 1:29 pm said:

Carnival Space looks fun; I’ll be there. I’ll be picking up the Altair costume and the the new Wiz personal space, even though it does look like a slightly recycled version of the Chamer Apartment.

+ VitalogyPJ on January 13th, 2010 at 1:30 pm said:

I came here and only see cry babies, even with a huge update like this. I guess north americans never got satisfied with all the content they get in comparison with Europe.

Stop with the whining guys, you’ve plenty of spaces, furniture, clothes, etc. what do you complain about anyway? Come live in Europe and have an European account and then we talk.

+ spunnups on January 13th, 2010 at 1:32 pm said:

I like the direction of HOME, I just wish that when earning trophies through games like KZ2 or Uncharted, that those trophies would earn us a little something in HOME. It sure would entice us to enter into HOME more often to see what we did. Not that what you guys are doing with it isn’t good, just that this would give us a little more incentive. Keep up the hard work!

@#50 great idea! Pool tables in our own personal spaces would own!!! Please incorporate this!

PAGE 1 2 3