The Last Guardian

Jan 14

Jan 14

MAG Trophies Revealed

Jeremy Dunham's Avatar Posted by Sr. Community Manager, Zipper Interactive

Ah yes, Trophies! We know you love ‘em. How do we know? Because you guys have been relentless in asking us about which trophies MAG will have over the last several months! And so, we give up – you’ve gotten it out of us! Listed below are all 38 PlayStation trophies you can expect to unlock when MAG ships out on January 26. Will you be the first to get them all?

MAG CES Screenshot

Bronze

• Angel of Mercy – 25 enemies killed in their in incapacitated state over a career
  • Boom Town – Earn the Mortar Demolition, Total Blackout and AAA Demolition Ribbons
  • Close Call — Earn three Bomb Squad Ribbons
  • Clown Car – Awarded when a player destroys an APC or a Bunker, killing two players
  • Commandon’t – Awarded when a player kills 50 of a certain specialty: Commando
  • Coughing Killer – Killed an enemy while affect by poison gas grenades
  • Dropping Like Flies – Destroy five enemy helicopters
  • Duteous Maximus – Be on the winning faction for 10 Directive matches
  • Efficiency Engineer – Earn three Bunker Buster Ribbons
  • I Drink Your Milkshake – Awarded when a player kills 50 of a certain specialty: Field Support
  • I Got 5 On It – Kill 5 enemies with a single Strategic Strike, excluding Poison Gas Barrage
  • In Your Face – Earn five Combat Melee Ribbons
  • Jack of One Trade – Awarded when a player reaches the bottom tier of a skill tree
  • Junkyard Jockey – Earn three Mr. Badwrench Ribbons
  • Lil Buddy – Earn two Purple Sidekick Ribbons
  • Mia Culpa – Kill 50 enemies in a turret over a career
  • Out of Scope – Awarded when a player kills 50 of a certain specialty: Sniper
  • Screeching Halt – Awarded when a player kills 50 of a certain specialty: Rapid Assault
  • Target Practice – Awarded when a player shoots down 25 paratroopers over a career
  • The Harder They Fall – Awarded when a player kills 50 of a certain specialty: Direct Action

Silver

• A Whole Lotta Hurt – Earn five Combat Machine Gun Ribbons and five Combat Fragger Ribbons
  • Baby Need a Bandage? – Earn 5 Silver Cross Ribbons and 5 Golden Cross Ribbons
  • Chest Candy – Awarded when a player has earned one of every ribbon
  • Devil Dog – Earn 5 Combat Assault Ribbons and 5 Combat Sidearm Ribbons
  • Double Trouble – Earn the Golden Cross Medal and the Grim Reaper Medal
  • Hammer of the Gods – Called in 50 cluster bombs or mortar barrages
  • Headhunter – Earn 5 Silver Bullet Ribbons, the Longshot Ribbon and the Sniper Master Specialist Medal
  • Precious Cargo – Destroy 20 Escort Vehicles over a career
  • Silent But Deadly – Awarded when a player kills 25 enemies with Poison Gas over a career
  • Steamroller – Have a 3-to-1 Kill-to-Death Ratio in any match
  • Take Me to Your Leader – Earn 1 win as a squad leader
  • The Streaker – Earn the Streaker Medal
  • Triple Threat – Earn 5 Silver Cross Ribbons, 5 Master Engineer Ribbons and the Grim Reaper Medal

Gold

• Commandant in Chief – Awarded when a player reaches level 60 with a Raven character
  • Eager Beaver – Awarded when a player has earned one of each medal
  • Prima Noyan – Awarded when a player reaches level 60 with a S.V.E.R. character
  • Sergeant Major – Awarded when a player reaches level 60 with a Valor character

Platinum

• Massive Action Gamer – Won All Trophies

Add Your Own

PAGE 1 2 3 4

chucknorris127 said:

January 14th, 10:10 am

nice can’ wait till the 26th

yukiboy23 said:

January 14th, 10:11 am

awsome trophies

LokeSTL said:

January 14th, 10:11 am

Those look like mostly single player career trophies. It was aggrivating to me that MW2 had such a lack of online trophies when it clearly was a game built around its online multi-player. This is another such game. Please tell me that at least more than half of these can be acquired by playing online.

Jeremy Dunham's Avatar

Jeremy Dunham said:

January 14th, 11:26 am

It\’s an online-only game — so all of them are acquired that way. :)

Blkant said:

January 14th, 10:12 am

Asking if we who would be the first to get them all sounded so much like a pokemon thing, kind of scared me for a sec :P

DestructableCake said:

January 14th, 10:13 am

Nice to see it wont be easy to Platinum it. Get to 60 with each faction? Insane =D

bedhead1 said:

January 14th, 10:13 am

was so excite but the beta disapointed me, will the final game be more ‘heavy’? i mean as i felt as if i was floating around the field! lol
but nice set of trophie’s, the gold’s will keep people busy for a long time lol

Jeremy Dunham's Avatar

Jeremy Dunham said:

January 14th, 11:27 am

Yeah, beta was a trimmed down version of the game (by quite a bit). Final game = more than double the number of maps, more game modes, proper unlock system, etc

Blkant said:

January 14th, 10:14 am

Also why didn’t you post the pictures of them as well?

Demadred said:

January 14th, 10:14 am

@3 How is that even remotely possible in a game that does not feature a single player campaign?

pgsdi said:

January 14th, 10:15 am

w00t!!

Blkant said:

January 14th, 10:16 am

Last one I promise, thank you for making your trophies reasonable, other online only games, i.e. warhawk, are just so impractical it leaves you feeling as though your not getting the full game because of the unhealthy amount of time it takes for their trophies. Thank you again :)

MeGaBoAsT said:

January 14th, 10:16 am

cooool stufff.. hope it run smoothly

Spunta said:

January 14th, 10:17 am

Most seem easy enough to get if you play even every once and a while.

@3 … You’re trolling, right?

HatmanTc said:

January 14th, 10:18 am

Good trophy list I was afraid that the trophies for mag would be as absurd as te ones for Socom

Shadowmoses said:

January 14th, 10:19 am

@3 there is no single player campaign to MAG.

maddymad said:

January 14th, 10:19 am

Those are gonna be hard for me to get
PS: m very bad at shooters :p

goose_7 said:

January 14th, 10:21 am

I’ve been asking this question all around forums and blogs and haven’t recevied an answer. AGAIN i ask, and i ask you directly Mr.Dunham, will MAG include Sony’s Official Bluetooth Headset??

Jeremy Dunham's Avatar

Jeremy Dunham said:

January 14th, 11:38 am

In the US, there is no head-set pack-in; I wouldn\’t be surprised to see several retailer-made soft bundles, though.

Aggie_CEO said:

January 14th, 10:21 am

@3 dude…just leave…you’re bad at trolling…..

and to Platinum this we have to play on all 3 factions….interesting….will we get the level 60 trophies if we switch factions after hitting level 60? how does that work exactly?

depward said:

January 14th, 10:22 am

@3 – wow.

Good list. Seems like you really need a varied play-style to get them. Good deal!

Janks01 said:

January 14th, 10:24 am

good set of trophies. Nothing insanely hard it seems just time consuming, which IMO is a good thing.

and lol @ poster 3

Pathard said:

January 14th, 10:25 am

Awesome! I can’t wait to go pick this up on release day.

depward said:

January 14th, 10:27 am

Oh, here’s an important question:

Is there an easy way to track progress for each of these trophies? Say, somewhere in your career stats where it can tell me that I’ve killed 36 / 50 required enemies using a turret. I really hope so.

Jeremy Dunham's Avatar

Jeremy Dunham said:

January 14th, 11:40 am

We track your career stats in-game, so you should be able to find everything you\’re looking for rather easily.

Thakrib said:

January 14th, 10:27 am

Thanks for the info. Loved the beta, can’t wait to get into the game later this month. See you guys on the field :)

@3…um, wow…

@15: Ignore the haters and keep playing…there was a time when all of us were bad at shooters :)

LokeSTL said:

January 14th, 10:29 am

@Demadred & Shadowmoses

I must have missed that this was an online only game. I hated FPS until I played MW2 and BF:BC online multi-player.

@Spunta & Aggie_CEO

How can a request for information be trolling? I admit that I may not have kept up on the info, and I may have made an assumption, but how could anything I said be trolling?

Kodros said:

January 14th, 10:41 am

Unless you can create a character in each faction at some point, I don’t see how deleting a level 60 character so that I can start over in another faction is reasonable at all.

unstablefears said:

January 14th, 10:44 am

@24, from the BETA it appears that there is room for at least 3 character profiles. Well, hopefully it does, I also don’t like the sound of having to delete a level 60 character :)

Can’t wait to get my copy though, here’s hoping it gets delivered a bit early :)

Superbeens said:

January 14th, 10:44 am

As a Canadian does Sony still let me acquire Trophies or am I blocked from that too?

I joke… but not really.

LokeSTL said:

January 14th, 10:48 am

#26 is a good example of trolling, although mildly.

So, I did a little research and found that his is labled a FPS as well as an MMO. Gotcha, no single player campaign. My bad. :P

SteveW928c said:

January 14th, 10:51 am

There seems to be few trophies directly oriented towards promoting teamwork. I was a bit surprised by this.

Also, will we be able to easily switch factions in the release version? I would think we would have to be able to to get those gold trophies. I’m a bit surprised by this too. Aren’t we supposed to be loyal to our PMC?

@#16 – Why all the questions about a headset bundle? Just go buy one. Or, better yet, just build a stereo headset for gaming… it will work MUCH better, sound better, etc.

El_Ten said:

January 14th, 10:51 am

What’s the point of choosing a faction to be loyal to if you need to play as each faction to level 60 to get all the trophies?

VanilaGorila-x- said:

January 14th, 10:52 am

Dang you for making me play through as all 3 factions to get the Platinum. lol

Peace,
VG

ccsdc83 said:

January 14th, 10:57 am

I know the beta was out for all to try, but I missed out on it since I was not at my home during the free period.

Will there be a demo for MAG before the release?

Callahan09 said:

January 14th, 10:58 am

I think this is a pretty good trophy list for an online multiplayer only game. Most online trophies for PS3 exclusives have been absolutely ridiculous (10,000 kills in Resistance 2, half of the trophies in Warhawk, all of the trophies in SOCOM, good lord!), but these seem doable if you just get into the game and play it frequently without having to become a complete expert and let it control your life.

kosluftar said:

January 14th, 10:59 am

Hope this game does well but I do not think it is going to get much more than a Socom Confronation following.

dbl-fistn55 said:

January 14th, 10:59 am

that’s a thing of beauty!!! thanks for the post.

LokeSTL said:

January 14th, 10:59 am

@28

Trophies are a way to get you to play the game different ways, as well as a way of rewarding challenges. I would never have tried melee combat in Uncharted if there weren’t trophies for it. Also, game matching would suck if 80% of people picked Valor and there weren’t enough people on the other factions.

nYcFrEeWiLL82 said:

January 14th, 11:04 am

MAG..IMO is UNIMPRESSIVE( i plaed the beta for a few days..graphics sucked!)…NO CAMPAIGN..or CO-OP CAMPAIGN..NO THANKYOU! All this ONLINE ONLY feature is RUINING the XCLUSIVES.SOCOM and MAG shouldve both had STORIES and CO-OP CAMAIGNS!6o buks is not worth an online game only..:/

veddermatic said:

January 14th, 11:08 am

@28: Don’t care about trophies? That’s the easiest and best thing to do with regards to them, as they are useless and pointless.

haydeechild said:

January 14th, 11:11 am

I want to know how I can see my Ninja Gaiden sigma 2 trophies that I uploaded using my PS3? How do I find them??

ZeroSection said:

January 14th, 11:18 am

Those trophies look time consuming, but that’s alright cause this will be my main shooter for months to come and my co-primary game along with White Knight Chronicles.

I don’t suppose this game will support Home or the motion controller any time soon will it? And will there ever be downloadable content?

ZeroSection said:

January 14th, 11:22 am

@haydeechild: Under the games section, it’ll say Trophies with a Trophy icon. You can find them on the PS official website too if you log in under your PSN name and go to profiles.

phinnv8 said:

January 14th, 11:22 am

Looks like a great trophy list. Not really crazy about someone having to reach level 60 in all 3 factions if they want a platinum but other than that. It sure as hell beats Socom, which has the worst trophies in history in addition to it being a mediocre game.

Trieloth said:

January 14th, 11:26 am

Cool trophies! Cant wait till this game comes out. Iam very impressed with what you guys are doing. Keep up the good work! Dont worry about the haters, the just love bashing the PS3 any chance they get.

TakiFuGu said:

January 14th, 11:27 am

I’m keeping a distance from this game. The Trophies are going to be just like Warhawk. No thanks.

Korbei83 said:

January 14th, 11:35 am

You have to get 60 on all factions? What kind of loyalty is that?

Do you even know what your focus with this game is?

Omega932000 said:

January 14th, 11:35 am

Are you Jeremy Dunham from IGN?

Jeremy Dunham's Avatar

Jeremy Dunham said:

January 14th, 5:34 pm

Formerly. I got out of the games media business to get into the game making business instead. :)

DANO69 said:

January 14th, 11:38 am

Whatever…Now get back to SOCOM !

holy-mob said:

January 14th, 11:46 am

Nice trophies! They don’t look all too difficult and time consuming to acquire, which is why I generally don’t like online acquired trophies. Say in Gears, there are trophies such as Curb Stomp 100 enemies, Kill 100 enemies with the Torque Bow.

itsfifaloo said:

January 14th, 11:52 am

These are great! I want this game.

darkwing75 said:

January 14th, 11:59 am

Why do you need to reach lvl 60 on the other side :(

cmargary said:

January 14th, 12:13 pm

You can create the three characters at the same account or ir will be like the beta? Just one faction and if you one to use the other you have to delete it?

PAGE 1 2 3 4