GTAV PS4

PlayStation Store Update

Grace Chen's Avatar + Posted by Grace Chen on Jan 14, 2010 // Sr. Director, PlayStation Store

Hi Everyone – It’s time for the weekly PlayStation Store Update.

Updates

Steambot Chronicles Permanent Price Drop (now $14.99, original price $29.99)

Game Demos (free)

UNO Demo
Play the free trial version of UNO now! Get ready to call “UNO” on your PlayStation 3 system! The world famous card game is faithfully reproduced for the PS3 system and also features exciting new rules. With a multiplayer mode played on one PS3 system or on PlayStation Network, UNO has never been so fun and easy, so be the first to get rid of all your cards!
ESRB Rated E
File size: 258 MB

Bundles

Magic Orbz Bundle Pack ($13.99)
Creat Studios presents new Magic Orbz Bundle Pack. We offer you a collection of all released Magic Orbz episodes: exciting “Plundering Pirates”, romantic “Naughty Knights”, mysterious “Wicked Witches”, and delightful “Winter”. Smash these diverse worlds one by one into tiny pieces! If you think you’re up for the challenge, check out the Magic Orbz Bundle Pack today!
ESRB Rated E
File size: 155.2 MB

Add-on Game Content

Magic Orbz Winter Pack ($2.99)
Magic Orbz is a fresh spin on classic brick-breaking gameplay, enabling players to bust apart 3D environments, piece by piece. You will find a snow covered world in the new Winter Pack. New levels, trophies, and adventures! And a good opportunity to remind Santa about you – don’t miss your chance! If you think you’re up for the challenge, check out the Magic Orbz Winter Pack today!
File size: 100 KB

ZEN Pinball Ninja Gaiden Sigma 2 Table ($2.49)
The shadows of evil are gathering once again in the dark corners of Tokyo Sky City. Only Ryu Hayabusa and his gorgeous teammates, Rachel, Ayane, and Momiji, can banish the vicious Spider Ninja clan and defeat its fierce leader, Genshin. Intense ninja combat meets arcade pinball action in this Ninja Gaiden Sigma 2-themed add-on table for Zen Pinball. Are you up to the challenge, warrior?
File size: 54 MB

Guitar Hero 5
For all song credits please visit www.guitarhero.com.

• “Cousins” by Vampire Weekend ($1.99)
  • “Holiday” by Vampire Weekend ($1.99)
  • “The Kids Don’t Stand A Chance” by Vampire Weekend ($1.99)
  • Vampire Weekend Track Pack ($5.49) – Downloadable Track Pack featuring “Holiday”, “Cousins”, and “The Kids Don’t Stand A Chance” by Vampire Weekend. Please Note: Many songs are available both as singles and as part of a Track Pack, so please carefully consider your purchases before downloading.

File sizes: 24 MB – 38 MB (singles), 85 MB (track pack)

Rock Band
Build your Rock Band library by purchasing these song game tracks. For song credits, visit www.RockBand.com.

• “Grind”— Alice In Chains ($1.99)
  • “Heaven Beside You”— Alice In Chains ($1.99)
  • “Last of My Kind”— Alice In Chains ($1.99)
  • “We Die Young”— Alice In Chains ($1.99)
  • “Your Decision”— Alice In Chains ($1.99)
  • Alice In Chains Pack 2 ($8.49) – Build your Rock Band library by purchasing this song game track pack: Alice In Chains Pack 02. This pack includes: “Grind,” “Heaven Beside You,” “Last of My Kind,” “We Die Young” and “Your Decision” by Alice In Chains

File sizes: 23 MB – 45 MB (singles), 172 MB (track pack)

Game Videos (free)

White Knight Chronicles International Edition Combat Trailer
File size: 127 MB (HD) 215 MB (1080)

2009 Gran Turismo Awards
File size: 183 MB (HD)

Star Ocean: The Last Hope International Debut Trailer
File size: 121 MB (HD)

SOCOM US Navy SEALs Fireteam Bravo 3 Dev Diary #2
File size: 101 MB (HD)

2009 Virgin Mobile FreeFest Videos (x5) (US only)
File sizes: 202 MB – 232 MB (SD)

PlayStation Store for PSP

Downloadable Games (also available from PS3 storefront)

Luxor: The Wrath of Set ($9.99)
Journey across the lands of ancient Egypt with Luxor, a thrilling action-puzzle adventure. Play 123 exhilarating levels, through 20 challenging stages, using your mystical winged scarab to shoot and destroy the approaching magical spheres before they reach the pyramids at the end of their path. Unleash awesome powers through electrifying and unique power-ups such as explosive Fireballs and thundering Lightning Bolts. Experience three challenging play modes for loads of action-packed, pulse-pounding excitement!
ESRB Rated E
File size: 24 MB

PSP minis

Dynogems ($2.99)
Incredibly addictive and easy to play! Kick back and get ready to experience this new jewel in the classic “Match Three” tradition. Make fantastic combinations organizing and regrouping jewels of the same color, setting off multiple explosions and chain reactions, and even clear the screen when you get the right jewel in the right. You can also use magic items to get more powerful explosions.
ESRB Rated E
File size: 16 MB

PSP Demos (free)

Lunar: Silver Star Harmony Demo
Dragons and magic abound in this timeless adventure. In this remake of the classic RPG, Lunar: The Silver Star, explore the world of Lunar anew with updated graphics, an all new scenario and new music, while revisiting an unforgettable cast and story.
For more details, visit www.xseedgames.com
ESRB Rated T
File size: 210 MB

Add-on Game Content (also available from PS3 Storefront)

Gran Turismo PSP Car Pack (free)
Prepare for the most authentic handheld racing experience as Gran Turismo debuts on the PSP system. Prove your driving skills on 35 tracks, and trade or share more than 800 stunning cars from the world’s top manufacturers. Download this free car pack with five of the best cars in exclusive colors not available in the game.
File size: 1.02 MB

PSP Themes (also available from PS3 Storefront)

Savage Moon: The Hera Campaign Big Guns PSP Theme (free)
File size: 554 KB

Savage Moon: The Hera Campaign Red Planet PSP Theme (free)
File size: 504 KB

Savage Moon: The Hera Campaign Tower PSP Theme (free)
File size: 445 KB

322 Comments

PAGE 1 3 4 5 6 7

+ gettinmoney662 on January 14th, 2010 at 9:39 pm said:

If the PS3 printed $20 bills, people would complain that it didn’t print $100 bills. Complaining is what gamers do.

+ virusiidx on January 14th, 2010 at 9:43 pm said:

Wow at all the whiners. Not every update is going to be amazing. Not everything is spoon fed to you.

+ Alpha6UFS on January 14th, 2010 at 9:47 pm said:

Nothing for me cuz of this week’s lame update.

+ Jewdo on January 14th, 2010 at 9:52 pm said:

WHAT THE HELL?

It’s January 14th, not April 1st, wtf Sony?!

is this like Chinese New Year being in like June

is Japanese Fool’s Day in mid January?

+ LokeSTL on January 14th, 2010 at 9:54 pm said:

Nothing for a RPGer to buy, as usual, but thanks for the WKC & SO:TLH videos. Can’t wait for February!!!

+ JpaQ on January 14th, 2010 at 9:56 pm said:

not every update can be a rock hard package. they’re not machines. with not much to go on, how else can u expect them to perform.

+ georgie-2398181 on January 14th, 2010 at 9:59 pm said:

hmmm…this update seems a little skinny…
Wait!!! omg!
Holly wolly polly olly!. Uno!!! i love that card game. thanks for the demo sony!:P

+ Darth-Krayt on January 14th, 2010 at 10:01 pm said:

@173
Return to Ostagar was delayed indefinitely. It was about to be released last night, but it came out on xbox and had some fatal flaws and had to be pulled. It’s coming, but no1 knows for sure when. The nice thing about Dragon Age though, is it’s DLC gets released whenever it get’s released. We don’t have to wait for the PSStore to update. The DLC will go up right on the in-game store.

@189
I paid $600 for my PS3. I don’t cry and moan like you people. For 3 years I have enjoyed all the best exclcusives on the gaming market, and have enjoyed all the best downloadable games as well. You aren’t entitled to get an update YOU find amazing every single week. Grow up. You demanding stuff like an 8 year old has nothing to do with support. That’s you feeling entitled. You buying a PS3 in no way come with some guarantee that you are going to love the store update every week.
As for PSPGo owners, of which I am one. In just a few months there are over 200 games on the store. That’s pretty good support. Not something that warrants all the constant idiotic bashing. There are very few good PSP games NOT on the store, and the few that aren’t is the fault of the devs, not Sony.

+ E-Phoenix- on January 14th, 2010 at 10:07 pm said:

One of the worst updates ever. Why can’t you guys put more avatars!? I have been waiting three weeks for new avatars since you guys put the LittleBigPlanet avatars. It doesn’t take that long to make an avatar! Put some MGS, and MW2 avatars! Come on Sony, just look at all the comments.

+ BLUEKRUZER on January 14th, 2010 at 10:19 pm said:

Where is that Uncharted 2 DLC!

+ zombie_56 on January 14th, 2010 at 10:22 pm said:

can you get gex2 on psn loved that game!

+ ZeroSection on January 14th, 2010 at 10:25 pm said:

I’m just happy to have more info on white knight chronicles. It’s so close to release and we’ve been in the dark about it as far as new info goes for awhile now.

+ pottytrainers on January 14th, 2010 at 10:34 pm said:

wer the fuk are the ps1 classics?

+ TheMadSpin on January 14th, 2010 at 10:39 pm said:

I got a 360 for Christmas.

Until I experienced XBox Live Gold I had no idea how unsettling the PSN updates actually were.

I’m hoping that the Sony premium service creates the type of dynamic environment Sony users deserve (especially stupid early adopters like me who bought overpriced systems with no dual-shock).

I’ve been waiting a long time and it looks like Sony is finally catching up–but the online arm of the Playstation is still a lonely one. It’s an exciting time for Sony fans when it comes to single player titles and a lonely world when it comes to online support.

I can’t imagine PSP Go users are very happy this week either–Luxor–really? That’s what ya got?

I’d rather have a new PSOne classic I think.

+ jvasq on January 14th, 2010 at 10:56 pm said:

well i was hoping for more but I guess I’ll have to wait….sony honestly put something good on and i WILL spend the money. I guess I’ll pixel junkie monsters until next week for my psp and buy borderlands for my ps3.

+ MarinoBrea on January 14th, 2010 at 11:02 pm said:

I wonder what we have to do to get more stupid avatars? Sony, is it that hard? really? Do we have to spam every board in here to make you upload, what? 300 MB worth of tiny pictures?

+ XxBLO_DROxX on January 14th, 2010 at 11:20 pm said:

I AGREE that this is a horrible update..we had to wait 2 weeks for the holidays and got a bad update and now we get another HORRIBLE update..They really need to give us wat we deserve after the holidays..a good update!!!! PUT FF7 CRISIS CORE ON THE PSN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

+ Eurostar7x on January 14th, 2010 at 11:22 pm said:

Hundreds of thousands, if not millions of people pay money to buy hardware and software from Sony’s gaming department, in order to pay for their worker’s salaries, and THIS is what they come up with after 2 weeks hiatus and 4 days of actual work?

There are thousands of user-made wallpapers, couldnt you come up with some Anime avatars AT LEAST?

+ XxBLO_DROxX on January 14th, 2010 at 11:23 pm said:

ALOT OF THE GAMES WERE DEMOS..SONY SAID WHEN GO 1st came out that it would put over 200 new games on psn but that also included demos..wtf

+ CalicoJ on January 14th, 2010 at 11:32 pm said:

hey how about the PsN store add Parasite Eve awesome game and it sold well plz look into it and it was a PSone classic

+ ThanatosDMC on January 15th, 2010 at 12:03 am said:

Add Tag Force 4 on the PSP for download please.

+ spunnups on January 15th, 2010 at 12:13 am said:

How bout some avatars that don’t cost $$$$?????

+ Egz-Onine on January 15th, 2010 at 12:38 am said:

Must be a slow week. I would be content to consider it merely the calm before the storm. Although that may be true for the entire month of January. I believe the beginning of the year is the slowest time all around for games, usually. This year is a bit different on the software front.

+ LukeinDeidre on January 15th, 2010 at 1:00 am said:

Time to put the psp and ps3 on ebay. Sony is DEAD.

+ alfian2 on January 15th, 2010 at 1:02 am said:

lame update, but hey they got lunar demo?! cool..

+ Velzorn on January 15th, 2010 at 1:59 am said:

I know all the updates can’t be winners but wow.

I was also going to ask about new avatars and dynamic themes but the longer it takes for these the more I’m positive you are purposely holding out on these for your premium online service fee.

+ Thrasher20 on January 15th, 2010 at 2:43 am said:

Wow… I’m really sorry to say this, and I actually really never do, but…. this update is seriously the worst one yet. No PS1 games? Now new PSN game? No avatars?

1 out of 5

+ Jamekkus on January 15th, 2010 at 3:06 am said:

keep the updates comming sony ;)

+ Liamario on January 15th, 2010 at 3:15 am said:

Worst update ever? Yes please.

+ ReppinIt on January 15th, 2010 at 3:18 am said:

This is the last straw. I’m moving to Europe, at least the Go owners over there get some love. Good luck people. Good bye North America.

+ Elvick_ on January 15th, 2010 at 3:28 am said:

That was a weak update. Nice to see Magic Ball still being supported, even if it’s under a new title now, for whatever reason.

+ IcedDice777 on January 15th, 2010 at 3:44 am said:

…..Nice way to start 2010 sony, with another Weak@ss sauce store update. What’s the deal with Hustle Kings?

+ floppy72 on January 15th, 2010 at 4:43 am said:

WTF HAPPEN WITH THIS UPDATE ???????

+ syscoman on January 15th, 2010 at 4:47 am said:

I wasn’t expecting much. The next two months are always slow even for movie releases on DVD/Blu-Ray.

I will use my money to catch up on downloads I haven’t bought yet.

+ Ch0c0L4t3m1Lk on January 15th, 2010 at 5:20 am said:

i look forward to these updates all week. while this isnt the worst update ever, its still pretty useless.

+ r-nice on January 15th, 2010 at 5:50 am said:

Enough of the damn puzzle games sheesh.

+ papolatte on January 15th, 2010 at 6:01 am said:

I only check the store updates for ps1 games, still looking for my classic rpgs to be released, and for addon content for certain games.

I’d say this was another let down for me, except for one saving grace.

Lunar Demo.

That makes this update worth 1251412412 times more than the last few, in my eyes at least.

+ ClinToN on January 15th, 2010 at 6:01 am said:

Some of you must have an amazing budget because every week some of you act like you have millions of dollars to spend. Some of you should also kill all that talk of acting as if you’re qualified to run the PS Store.

+ LouVelvet on January 15th, 2010 at 6:18 am said:

This is pretty poopy.

+ cgzeus on January 15th, 2010 at 6:26 am said:

This is my first time posting a comment.
What a terrible update!!

+ Psikorps on January 15th, 2010 at 6:37 am said:

All I can say is…
The Jan 7th update left us high & dry, but I figured you guys needed MORE than the 2 weeks ya had to shake off the eggnog/rum induced burnout.

However you have long passed that grace period.
2 updates, in nearly a month and this what ya throw out there for us?

Table scraps are for the family pet, not a paying fan base.

I better snag the Gran Tourismo DL for my PspNo, errr…I mean PspGo. (Or do I)…..
For Shame Sony…For Shame

+ scorpio182 on January 15th, 2010 at 7:21 am said:

Be happy it’s something.

With all the great games come on…

Looking forward to Heavy Rain and GOW3.

Sony – I finally see your PS3 getting into non-gamers. My sister in-law picked one up this week also a friend of mine last month and several other people planning to get one for the reasons that it does so much.

Great job on the slim version…

+ KinjiroSSD on January 15th, 2010 at 7:22 am said:

Could we get an update on Hustle Kings?

+ KILLZONE79 on January 15th, 2010 at 7:22 am said:

Wow is crappy is that, UK playstation store update they reply to thier users. and here in USA grace chen doesnt reply to us at all
*hears crickets in background*

+ colstripcapn on January 15th, 2010 at 7:28 am said:

I have to agree with most of the people here, this was a terrible update following a series of poor updates.

Does Sony even listen to the feedback of their users?

+ Wolverine1977 on January 15th, 2010 at 7:38 am said:

WORST.
UPDATE.
EVER.

Seriously what’s going on Sony? Now not only it is a lame update for PSP as usual, it now sucks too for the PS3…

+ DropD on January 15th, 2010 at 7:39 am said:

+ djroberts on January 15th, 2010 at 7:48 am said:

Did you forget that you released the PSP Go? Where’s all the DD versions of past UMD games?

+ Futbolfan on January 15th, 2010 at 7:58 am said:

This update is not particularly impressive. I’ll likely download the Ninja Gaiden 2 pinball table, but other than that, it’s a wasteland.

Sony, you sure must want people to save money after getting their credit cards maxed out after the holiday season.

+ jterickson on January 15th, 2010 at 8:06 am said:

WHERE’S VAGRANT STORY! PLEASE GRACE, EUROPE GOT VAGRANT STORY, WHY NOT US? ALSO, PLEASE PUT UP CHRONO CROSS!!!!

PAGE 1 3 4 5 6 7