Bloodborne

God of War: Unearthing the Legend for the Ultimate Fan!

Ken Chan's Avatar + Posted by Ken Chan on Jan 15, 2010 // Product Manager, SCEA

The God of War Ultimate Fan Contest is off to an amazing start! We’ve seen anything from our fans showing off their Kratos tattoo, best of GOW moments with Lego animated films, to just simple video submissions of why they thought Kratos was so bad a$$!!!

To further fuel your interest and excitement in having your fan video submission and name forever immortalized within God of War III Ultimate Edition, here’s a sneak peek at the official documentary God of War: Unearthing the Legend.

Hosted by American film/stage actor and historic lecturer, Peter Weller (RoboCop, Engineering an Empire) God of War: Unearthing the Legend takes the viewer through an epic journey of conquest, destiny and revenge as the detailed events of Kratos is explored and dissected by key members of the development team, Greek historians & professors.

So if you haven’t done so, be sure to take advantage of your three-day Martin Luther King weekend and get your Ultimate Fan video filmed and submitted.

The Ultimate Fan Contest officially ends on Saturday, January 23 and this will be your only chance to be forever immortalized within the God of War franchise (…and getting a free copy of God of War III Ultimate Edition signed by Santa Monica Studios doesn’t hurt either)!

PAGE 1 2

+ Hellman on January 15th, 2010 at 2:01 pm said:

1st Woo!

+ DJKim0701 on January 15th, 2010 at 2:03 pm said:

release date?? We are so waiting..

+ BlooodyCow on January 15th, 2010 at 2:06 pm said:

Since this is a Documentary, will it have interview from the two previous God of War producer in David Jaffe and Corey (forgot his last name)?
oh and a new video would be nice. Also a release date.

+ DJKim0701 on January 15th, 2010 at 2:08 pm said:

#2.. Corey Balrog

+ Ledis15 on January 15th, 2010 at 2:10 pm said:

I have a question.

Will there be any playstation home content from God of War 3 anytime in the future?

+ xiked on January 15th, 2010 at 2:16 pm said:

Home personal space whit mini games I hope!

and release date would be nice! I hav epre ordered the ultimate box :P

+ Kchow23 on January 15th, 2010 at 2:17 pm said:

Will there be a Custom GOW 3 PS3 Bundle?

+ IceColdKilla44 on January 15th, 2010 at 2:19 pm said:

Nice.

I already have my GoW3 Ultimate Edition on pre-order; I don’t think I’ve ever anticipated a game as much as GoW3.

+ evildude683 on January 15th, 2010 at 2:21 pm said:

Can’t wait for this game…screw MAG this is gonna be the best game of 2010!!!

+ SPOPS on January 15th, 2010 at 2:21 pm said:

Looks pretty bad ass. This will only be in the Ultimate Edition?

Ken Chan's Avatar

+ Ken Chan on January 15th, 2010 at 2:24 pm said:

Correct, only in the Ultimate Edition

+ Kchow23 on January 15th, 2010 at 2:24 pm said:

I hope if theres a GOW 3 PS3 Bundle in the works… it will include the Ultimate Edition of GOW 3… the Ultimate PS3 bundle!

+ EXTREME_rkmn on January 15th, 2010 at 2:27 pm said:

OMG this is going to be so butal! I have my video filmed, it will be edited and submitted this coming week! Best of luck to all who enter!

Ken Chan's Avatar

+ Ken Chan on January 15th, 2010 at 2:31 pm said:

Awesome stuff! Can\’t wait to check it out

+ Chrysus on January 15th, 2010 at 2:33 pm said:

Ken as you are here, sorry it’s slightly off topic. I’m not asking you to state the why (should the answer be yes) but are the rumours stemming from Hip Hop Gamer true and we are no longer getting to see the new GoW3 trailer that was shown behind closed doors in December this month?

Just asking for some honesty, the wait for the game is bad enough without getting our hopes up for new footage. Thanks in advance.

+ Metellica505 on January 15th, 2010 at 2:33 pm said:

I really need to check this game out

+ xeno3d on January 15th, 2010 at 2:34 pm said:

RoboCop!!!

+ remanutd5 on January 15th, 2010 at 2:35 pm said:

God of War new AVATARS? God of War Limited Edition PS3 BUDLE? God of War 3 new videos ? , I CANT WAIT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

+ xiked on January 15th, 2010 at 2:35 pm said:

this game will own! I hope SONY market this game to death on TV and print magazines! This game should be in every PS3 owners home!

+ remanutd5 on January 15th, 2010 at 2:40 pm said:

we want the new videos SONY , we the FANS want to see the NEW videos !!!!!!!!

+ T3mpr1x on January 15th, 2010 at 2:41 pm said:

Heheh speaking of Ultimate, I just watched that trailer with my new Ultimate Ears Triple.Fi 10 earphones, epic!!!

Ken Chan's Avatar

+ Ken Chan on January 15th, 2010 at 2:51 pm said:

LOL… nice!

+ Demonized on January 15th, 2010 at 2:53 pm said:

Yeah, can’t wait to watch this when I get my GOW3 Ultimate Trilogy Edition :D

Ken Chan's Avatar

+ Ken Chan on January 15th, 2010 at 2:56 pm said:

Definitely going to be epic! Would even suggest watching it before playing GOW3. The documentary will break down the story elements of GOW I and II.

+ eyesofreality03 on January 15th, 2010 at 2:54 pm said:

will the new trailer be seen next week? also mad props to santa monica for creating a series that has such rich and compelling visuals and story as this series. oh and where can i get the 7-11 poster with out having to pre order, seein as i already have my ultimate edition already pre ordered.

+ commanderlewis on January 15th, 2010 at 3:05 pm said:

awesome!

+ Demonized on January 15th, 2010 at 3:21 pm said:

Hey Ken, I had thought about watching it before playing GOW3 but is there anything in the documentary that may act as a spoiler for GOW3 in any way?

Ken Chan's Avatar

+ Ken Chan on January 15th, 2010 at 3:31 pm said:

Tease… not spoilers

+ D-Squad3 on January 15th, 2010 at 3:23 pm said:

March 16th…?

+ INTERRERGATOR on January 15th, 2010 at 3:25 pm said:

god of war 3 bundle???

+ komori_kiri on January 15th, 2010 at 3:29 pm said:

According to a certain well-known Asian internet video game store, GOW3 will be released on March 25th!

+ maddymad on January 15th, 2010 at 3:29 pm said:

Amazing! I’m looking forward to this!

+ jazzyrider on January 15th, 2010 at 3:32 pm said:

I must’ve missed some earlier Sony blogs, but I still have time to enter? This is so cool!

+ AKGermany on January 15th, 2010 at 3:35 pm said:

You picked a cool host for the documentary!
I’ll probably keep thinking of Kratos vs. Robocop scenarios though after I’ve watched it. ;-)

Ken Chan's Avatar

+ Ken Chan on January 15th, 2010 at 3:44 pm said:

lol.. Would have to thank the Creative Director, Stig Asmussen on selecting Peter Weller as the host =)

+ GibbShift on January 15th, 2010 at 3:36 pm said:

Peter Weller FTW. Looks like I’m gonna have to shell out the big bucks just to see/hear him again.

Buckaroo Banzai, baby!

+ Spham23 on January 15th, 2010 at 3:42 pm said:

Any news on that God of War movie by Universal Pictures?

+ Demolitio on January 15th, 2010 at 3:43 pm said:

Awesome teaser.

I’m still eagerly awaiting my signed copy of the GOW Collection to ship. :D

Ken Chan's Avatar

+ Ken Chan on January 15th, 2010 at 3:45 pm said:

Congrats on winning the sweepstakes. We will have this shipped out as early as next week. Stay tuned

+ Sindred on January 15th, 2010 at 3:45 pm said:

Submitted my video just yesterday, under the same name. Hope you like it ;) Of course I hope you like it.

Ken Chan's Avatar

+ Ken Chan on January 15th, 2010 at 3:46 pm said:

Great! Confident that we will.

+ raygun333 on January 15th, 2010 at 3:52 pm said:

I just watched buckaroo banzai last night, coincidence?

+ ne4ious on January 15th, 2010 at 4:00 pm said:

He’s the ULTIMATE BADASS. Nice compliment.
Can’t wait to pick this up, hope a retailer breaks the street date.

Cheers!

+ H2CStrongBad on January 15th, 2010 at 4:03 pm said:

I’m so glad I just pre ordered the Ultimate Edition from Gamestop!

+ Blaq-Guilly on January 15th, 2010 at 4:10 pm said:

@Ken Chan

I just want to ask you have you or anyone from the sony blog gone over to the god of war site yet? Right now there are over 250-320 signatures and counting for the footage that we were suppose to see next week. I think its enough for a response. The fans are really hungry but I will leave that for you to see when you go to the community section of the
page. Please show us the footage that you all saw last month. Thank you

+ dreu81 on January 15th, 2010 at 4:17 pm said:

Stig must have seen Weller on “Rome: Engineering an Empire.” Guess he’s got a masters degree in renaissance art and now is an ad hoc professor at the university of syracuse? Thats awesome. Made some money making movies and then went back to school to learn about something he was interested in… but couldn’t make nearly as much money with. haha

+ wolfzero1 on January 15th, 2010 at 4:37 pm said:

that’s pretty cool that you got Peter Weller to host this.

+ angelspawn77 on January 15th, 2010 at 4:38 pm said:

Looks awesome! I will definitely be getting the Ultimate edition, I also just saw the Ultimate trilogy editon that they will get in EU, how come they get more content than us? I dont care so much about the collection because i already have it, but i do want all 3 skins and the postcards!

+ angelspawn77 on January 15th, 2010 at 4:40 pm said:

Also, I really hope the new GOW3 footage will be shown next week, ive been waiting since i first heard about it last month and now that its finally here Id hate for the rug to be pulled out from under us fans just as the time has come when the new footage should be shown. Please show it guys.

+ TrueFFVIIFan on January 15th, 2010 at 4:55 pm said:

So, no subtitle for this documentary video? If that is the case, then does that you refuse to have it subtitled in the game as well? Or will there be an optional subtitle? GoW series is well-known for being [DELETED] when it comes to subtitle.

Ken Chan's Avatar

+ Ken Chan on January 15th, 2010 at 5:48 pm said:

Glad you asked. The documentary video will have a subtitle option.

+ SyphonFilter- on January 15th, 2010 at 4:55 pm said:

the video is kind of laggy ,anyone know how to fix it?

+ ADR143 on January 15th, 2010 at 5:26 pm said:

hope they make a god of war movie

+ headwing45 on January 15th, 2010 at 6:05 pm said:

Is there going to be a new trailer on the 18, or if not a new trailer, anything new at all?

+ headwing45 on January 15th, 2010 at 6:09 pm said:

Also, I would have like to see Victor Lucas do some narrating. I really liked him in the Metal Gear documentary.

+ Gooddaysfall on January 15th, 2010 at 6:19 pm said:

I WANT NEW GOD OF WAR 3 TRAILER ON Jan 18th!! Plz!!

+ mafia28 on January 15th, 2010 at 7:33 pm said:

Im calling it, GOD OF WAR 3, game of the year!!!

+ Terry2Toke on January 15th, 2010 at 7:51 pm said:

Can’t wait till march! Taking a week off work especially for this. I’m beating the game at least 4 times… God I’m gonna be pale soon, just like Kratos. I’m so stoked!

+ Kchow23 on January 15th, 2010 at 9:22 pm said:

GOW 3 custom PS3 bundle that brings the Ultimate edition of GOW 3 EVERYONE WILL BUY THIS!

PAGE 1 2