Driveclub

White Knight Chronicles International Edition Online Tutorial

Cristian Cardona's Avatar + Posted by Cristian Cardona on Jan 15, 2010 // Associate Product Marketing Manager, Software Marketing

Happy Friday, everyone!

So we’re less than three weeks away from the release of White Knight Chronicles International Edition on February 2! The folks over at IGN just put up our latest video outlining the online experience and covering its various features including the GeoNet and Georama!

The talented team at Level-5 has done a fantastic job of integrating the offline and online experiences, so be sure to check out the latest video below for more info.

Want to know more? Check out IGN’s impressions here. Keep an eye out for more as we get closer to launch!

PAGE 1 2

+ DTHCND on January 15th, 2010 at 12:09 pm said:

First! lol

+ DTHCND on January 15th, 2010 at 12:11 pm said:

Since my last comment was random… I might by this game…

+ mwayne on January 15th, 2010 at 12:12 pm said:

I am so going to love this game. I see elements of the Dark Cloud series and boom this is it. I must buy this.

+ CHRP718 on January 15th, 2010 at 12:13 pm said:

Day 1.
I love Level 5

+ sephiroth2006 on January 15th, 2010 at 12:13 pm said:

I’m ready for WNC, the game looks amazing.

+ Coolmatt49 on January 15th, 2010 at 12:15 pm said:

Wow that game looks pretty cool. I’ll have to give it a try.

+ Cat_Corye on January 15th, 2010 at 12:16 pm said:

Already have this game preorder, an I got alot of other RPG’s preorder to.

+ BlooodyCow on January 15th, 2010 at 12:18 pm said:

Hay Playstation Blog, we need a WKC countdown like you did for Uncharted 2, Killzone 2, and inFamous. Please put a countdown on the blog for us please? Also, we need more WKC blog post leading up to the release of the game.

Cristian Cardona's Avatar

+ Jeff Rubenstein on January 15th, 2010 at 10:17 pm said:

We\’re actually working on both. Countdown should be in place next week. Next post hits Tuesday (and it won\’t be the last).

+ dragonmagician on January 15th, 2010 at 12:19 pm said:

Any word of a demo, dynamic theme, premium avatar for this game?

Also, are the trophies the same as the Japanese version? I heard it takes hundreds/thousands of hours to get the platinum, and I doubt anyone with a job will be able to dedicate so much time to gaming, no matter how good this game is.

+ jgnyy32 on January 15th, 2010 at 12:20 pm said:

I am really glad that i preorder WKC. cant wait!!!

+ mwayne on January 15th, 2010 at 12:21 pm said:

omfg I just saw it comes out Feb 2, 2010. Why don’t I know this yet? Get your butts in gear and advertise this already.

+ fearlex on January 15th, 2010 at 12:21 pm said:

Day 1 buy. Awesome cool game, it will be my second choice after Final Fantasy, although i have to see Star Ocean.

+ Geos59 on January 15th, 2010 at 12:24 pm said:

I just jizzed my pants. I have to get this game. :D

+ BlooodyCow on January 15th, 2010 at 12:24 pm said:

I agree with @11 mwayne. We need to advertise this game SONY. Do not make the same mistake you made with Killzone 2 and inFAMOUS. Both of those game lack ads to show the public what amazing games they were.

+ UNCyrus on January 15th, 2010 at 12:27 pm said:

So excited about this game!

+ DNAgent on January 15th, 2010 at 12:28 pm said:

This game better get tons more marketing than FF13 since WKC actually deserves it. White Knight Chronicles is looking to be the best RPG this gen (at least of the games that were announced so far). I am still hoping for WKC 2 NA release later this year if it releases in Japan this year.

Hopefully, there will be a lot more RPGs from Level 5 in the future.

Square-Enix can go suck eggs and make their mediocre games elsewhere for all I care.

+ T_1_N_M_A_N on January 15th, 2010 at 12:29 pm said:

Had this game preordered for a while now I wanted it ever since I saw the video for it and it looking amazing. I am excited to play it and hope they give out something for the preorder, but no matter what this will be my number one game when I get my hand on it

+ BlooodyCow on January 15th, 2010 at 12:30 pm said:

Playstation Blog
The video seems to be down for some reason. You guys might want to check that out.

+ kosluftar on January 15th, 2010 at 12:31 pm said:

So how much marketing muscle is being put behind this game?

+ LokeSTL on January 15th, 2010 at 12:41 pm said:

Two weeks from Tuesday is SO FAR AWAY! Hopefully Amazon will offer Release Date Shipping so that I can play it on release day.

Question: Is 2/2 the Shipping Date(Day SCEA ships to retailers) or the Street Date(Day the retailers are aloud to start sales)? Seems that releases randomly go one way or the other.

+ Dice_for_Death_ on January 15th, 2010 at 12:41 pm said:

I’m looking forward to giving this title a try. My wife, not so much, but perhaps she can be won over yet.

+ Lirion on January 15th, 2010 at 12:43 pm said:

I will import this.

+ VGCGAMES on January 15th, 2010 at 12:43 pm said:

theirs another site that i thought explained the online mode well very well.

+ Cobra1 on January 15th, 2010 at 12:45 pm said:

Love the video and looking forward to playing. I also LOVE how the GUY over emphasizes NEARLY every other WORD! LOL

+ perrandy on January 15th, 2010 at 12:46 pm said:

i thought that this were going to be a Q&A from us fans towards the dev/pr person?anyways,i already reserved the game awhile ago so its just a matter of waiting for me.but i have a few questions still…are there any level caps for this game? can u lvl up to your heart’s content or not?? can you visit several towns and buy stuff from stores?? when you upgrade weapons or armor are they going to come with status effects? can you play the game offline entirely and get the full xpirience?

+ KazeEternal on January 15th, 2010 at 12:47 pm said:

Sony needs to advertise like mad starting with this month clear into May with all the games that are coming. Especially exclusives and RPGs such as this.

Start the catalyst!

+ Superstrokey1123 on January 15th, 2010 at 12:54 pm said:

My god ive been waiting for this game for a while and im so excited its almost here.

+ SillyHatMafia on January 15th, 2010 at 12:54 pm said:

Wow, i thought the online wsa just going to be quests with friends online, they’re going all out with this one

+ Korbei83 on January 15th, 2010 at 12:58 pm said:

Looks really cool

+ GGCAN on January 15th, 2010 at 1:00 pm said:

Thanks Cristian.

Very impressive.

Can’t wait to try this game out.

+ Jocis on January 15th, 2010 at 1:00 pm said:

wow speechless

+ Destiny89 on January 15th, 2010 at 1:06 pm said:

This is a day 1 buy for me!.. cant wait!!

+ Ben7072 on January 15th, 2010 at 1:07 pm said:

Haha.

I thought I was excited for this game, but my enthusiasm is nothing compared to the video’s narrator. He’s REALLY excited for White Knight Chronicles.

+ perrandy on January 15th, 2010 at 1:09 pm said:

crap, i just saw the video and most of my questions were answered right then lol

shoulda been less impulsive with my questions haha :0

+ piratedrunk on January 15th, 2010 at 1:10 pm said:

This is one of the few day one games for me this year very excited about this one

+ Rinaldus91 on January 15th, 2010 at 1:12 pm said:

18 more days! This has been a day one buy for me for months now. Absolutely cannot wait for this title, that damn Qore coverage is what pushed me over to being extremely hyped for this title.

Anyways, keep the info coming, I can’t get enough about this game.
Also, really hoping we’ll get some WKC premium avatars at some point. It seems like a really easy way for Level 5 to pull in a few extra bucks for the game, and I know us fans would be all for it.

+ bob52 on January 15th, 2010 at 1:16 pm said:

I havent been following this game(lack of advertisement i guess) In any case what does the international edition have over the regular edition or is this the only version that is going to be out

+ katsuo7171 on January 15th, 2010 at 1:18 pm said:

Can anybody answer my question. Do you get anything for pre-ordering this game? Are there any bonus items?

Cristian Cardona's Avatar

+ Cristian Cardona on January 15th, 2010 at 1:30 pm said:

Nope. We kept everything in the game- we do appreciate your pre order, though!

+ Rinaldus91 on January 15th, 2010 at 1:25 pm said:

@bob52 (#37)
“- Over 50 disc-based online quests. You can complete these quests solo, or cooperatively with up to three other players to gain extra gear and experience.
– Voice Chat.
– The Georama. Build an online village for your character where you can invite friends to complete quests online and purchase unique items and gear.
– Live Talk. Leonard and his companions will have side conversations during gameplay, adding a little more character to your travels through the world of White Knight Chronicles.”

Taken from IGN, apparently all the quests released as Japanese DLC will be on the disc from day one.

+ SilverPR on January 15th, 2010 at 1:25 pm said:

Hell this comes first than Heavy Rain???? HHmmm.. perhaps I pick this one before, then again the battle system in FFXIII is more intense than this one and looks like the battle system of past RTRPGs. But that is my opinion, by all means this game will be good.

+ BigRon3400 on January 15th, 2010 at 1:25 pm said:

Sooooooooo glad I preordered this game :)

Also @38 I am curious about this too. I preordered at Gamestop.

+ Thrasher20 on January 15th, 2010 at 1:27 pm said:

This game looks better than I thought…

+ Gringo234 on January 15th, 2010 at 1:31 pm said:

I really the ideas of this game, but how it looks keeps me away. I know they say not to judge a book by its cover but mind you this isn’t a book and that saying doesn’t really appeal to games IMO.

I wish they made Dark chronicles 2 I also really loved the cel shaded graphics from part 2.

+ terribledeli on January 15th, 2010 at 1:44 pm said:

After having my heart broken with so-so Phantasy Star Online successors (PSU, PSUP, PS0), it looks like one may finally be able to mend it.

Pre-ordered!

+ ZFair on January 15th, 2010 at 1:47 pm said:

“It is Limited to your Imagination” and the game looks amazing and Georama seems like Dark Cloud, which is good

+ ModernYorkster on January 15th, 2010 at 1:50 pm said:

Cristian Cardona

I have afew questions that I would like answered if possible.

During online play with WKC when in a party with friends will we be using our PSN IDs? Aswell as will the Players Met feature be used?

Last but not least, can we invite our friends into our games?

+ piratedrunk on January 15th, 2010 at 1:50 pm said:

I just have to express how much I appreciate there being no in-game pre-order bonuses. I pre-ordered it anyway but I feel that is one of the worst trends in gaming today. Thanks Level 5

+ Souledge94 on January 15th, 2010 at 1:51 pm said:

So you can set up parties right? Like I can invite a friend from PSN to my town and vice versa right?

+ RurouniSaiya-jin on January 15th, 2010 at 2:00 pm said:

Looking good. Can’t wait to get this!

+ Protohype on January 15th, 2010 at 2:01 pm said:

Aside from being one of my anticipated game of 2010, the narrator does a fantastic job on each video provided.

PAGE 1 2