The Last Guardian

Jan 15

Jan 15

White Knight Chronicles International Edition Online Tutorial

Cristian Cardona's Avatar Posted by Associate Product Marketing Manager, Software Marketing

Happy Friday, everyone!

So we’re less than three weeks away from the release of White Knight Chronicles International Edition on February 2! The folks over at IGN just put up our latest video outlining the online experience and covering its various features including the GeoNet and Georama!

The talented team at Level-5 has done a fantastic job of integrating the offline and online experiences, so be sure to check out the latest video below for more info.

Want to know more? Check out IGN’s impressions here. Keep an eye out for more as we get closer to launch!

Add Your Own

PAGE 1 2

DTHCND said:

January 15th, 12:09 pm

First! lol

DTHCND said:

January 15th, 12:11 pm

Since my last comment was random… I might by this game…

mwayne said:

January 15th, 12:12 pm

I am so going to love this game. I see elements of the Dark Cloud series and boom this is it. I must buy this.

CHRP718 said:

January 15th, 12:13 pm

Day 1.
I love Level 5

sephiroth2006 said:

January 15th, 12:13 pm

I’m ready for WNC, the game looks amazing.

Coolmatt49 said:

January 15th, 12:15 pm

Wow that game looks pretty cool. I’ll have to give it a try.

Cat_Corye said:

January 15th, 12:16 pm

Already have this game preorder, an I got alot of other RPG’s preorder to.

BlooodyCow said:

January 15th, 12:18 pm

Hay Playstation Blog, we need a WKC countdown like you did for Uncharted 2, Killzone 2, and inFamous. Please put a countdown on the blog for us please? Also, we need more WKC blog post leading up to the release of the game.

Cristian Cardona's Avatar

Jeff Rubenstein said:

January 15th, 10:17 pm

We\’re actually working on both. Countdown should be in place next week. Next post hits Tuesday (and it won\’t be the last).

dragonmagician said:

January 15th, 12:19 pm

Any word of a demo, dynamic theme, premium avatar for this game?

Also, are the trophies the same as the Japanese version? I heard it takes hundreds/thousands of hours to get the platinum, and I doubt anyone with a job will be able to dedicate so much time to gaming, no matter how good this game is.

jgnyy32 said:

January 15th, 12:20 pm

I am really glad that i preorder WKC. cant wait!!!

mwayne said:

January 15th, 12:21 pm

omfg I just saw it comes out Feb 2, 2010. Why don’t I know this yet? Get your butts in gear and advertise this already.

fearlex said:

January 15th, 12:21 pm

Day 1 buy. Awesome cool game, it will be my second choice after Final Fantasy, although i have to see Star Ocean.

Geos59 said:

January 15th, 12:24 pm

I just jizzed my pants. I have to get this game. :D

BlooodyCow said:

January 15th, 12:24 pm

I agree with @11 mwayne. We need to advertise this game SONY. Do not make the same mistake you made with Killzone 2 and inFAMOUS. Both of those game lack ads to show the public what amazing games they were.

UNCyrus said:

January 15th, 12:27 pm

So excited about this game!

DNAgent said:

January 15th, 12:28 pm

This game better get tons more marketing than FF13 since WKC actually deserves it. White Knight Chronicles is looking to be the best RPG this gen (at least of the games that were announced so far). I am still hoping for WKC 2 NA release later this year if it releases in Japan this year.

Hopefully, there will be a lot more RPGs from Level 5 in the future.

Square-Enix can go suck eggs and make their mediocre games elsewhere for all I care.

T_1_N_M_A_N said:

January 15th, 12:29 pm

Had this game preordered for a while now I wanted it ever since I saw the video for it and it looking amazing. I am excited to play it and hope they give out something for the preorder, but no matter what this will be my number one game when I get my hand on it

BlooodyCow said:

January 15th, 12:30 pm

Playstation Blog
The video seems to be down for some reason. You guys might want to check that out.

kosluftar said:

January 15th, 12:31 pm

So how much marketing muscle is being put behind this game?

LokeSTL said:

January 15th, 12:41 pm

Two weeks from Tuesday is SO FAR AWAY! Hopefully Amazon will offer Release Date Shipping so that I can play it on release day.

Question: Is 2/2 the Shipping Date(Day SCEA ships to retailers) or the Street Date(Day the retailers are aloud to start sales)? Seems that releases randomly go one way or the other.

Dice_for_Death_ said:

January 15th, 12:41 pm

I’m looking forward to giving this title a try. My wife, not so much, but perhaps she can be won over yet.

Lirion said:

January 15th, 12:43 pm

I will import this.

VGCGAMES said:

January 15th, 12:43 pm

theirs another site that i thought explained the online mode well very well.

Cobra1 said:

January 15th, 12:45 pm

Love the video and looking forward to playing. I also LOVE how the GUY over emphasizes NEARLY every other WORD! LOL

perrandy said:

January 15th, 12:46 pm

i thought that this were going to be a Q&A from us fans towards the dev/pr person?anyways,i already reserved the game awhile ago so its just a matter of waiting for me.but i have a few questions still…are there any level caps for this game? can u lvl up to your heart’s content or not?? can you visit several towns and buy stuff from stores?? when you upgrade weapons or armor are they going to come with status effects? can you play the game offline entirely and get the full xpirience?

KazeEternal said:

January 15th, 12:47 pm

Sony needs to advertise like mad starting with this month clear into May with all the games that are coming. Especially exclusives and RPGs such as this.

Start the catalyst!

Superstrokey1123 said:

January 15th, 12:54 pm

My god ive been waiting for this game for a while and im so excited its almost here.

SillyHatMafia said:

January 15th, 12:54 pm

Wow, i thought the online wsa just going to be quests with friends online, they’re going all out with this one

Korbei83 said:

January 15th, 12:58 pm

Looks really cool

GGCAN said:

January 15th, 1:00 pm

Thanks Cristian.

Very impressive.

Can’t wait to try this game out.

Jocis said:

January 15th, 1:00 pm

wow speechless

Destiny89 said:

January 15th, 1:06 pm

This is a day 1 buy for me!.. cant wait!!

Ben7072 said:

January 15th, 1:07 pm

Haha.

I thought I was excited for this game, but my enthusiasm is nothing compared to the video’s narrator. He’s REALLY excited for White Knight Chronicles.

perrandy said:

January 15th, 1:09 pm

crap, i just saw the video and most of my questions were answered right then lol

shoulda been less impulsive with my questions haha :0

piratedrunk said:

January 15th, 1:10 pm

This is one of the few day one games for me this year very excited about this one

Rinaldus91 said:

January 15th, 1:12 pm

18 more days! This has been a day one buy for me for months now. Absolutely cannot wait for this title, that damn Qore coverage is what pushed me over to being extremely hyped for this title.

Anyways, keep the info coming, I can’t get enough about this game.
Also, really hoping we’ll get some WKC premium avatars at some point. It seems like a really easy way for Level 5 to pull in a few extra bucks for the game, and I know us fans would be all for it.

bob52 said:

January 15th, 1:16 pm

I havent been following this game(lack of advertisement i guess) In any case what does the international edition have over the regular edition or is this the only version that is going to be out

katsuo7171 said:

January 15th, 1:18 pm

Can anybody answer my question. Do you get anything for pre-ordering this game? Are there any bonus items?

Cristian Cardona's Avatar

Cristian Cardona said:

January 15th, 1:30 pm

Nope. We kept everything in the game- we do appreciate your pre order, though!

Rinaldus91 said:

January 15th, 1:25 pm

@bob52 (#37)
“- Over 50 disc-based online quests. You can complete these quests solo, or cooperatively with up to three other players to gain extra gear and experience.
– Voice Chat.
– The Georama. Build an online village for your character where you can invite friends to complete quests online and purchase unique items and gear.
– Live Talk. Leonard and his companions will have side conversations during gameplay, adding a little more character to your travels through the world of White Knight Chronicles.”

Taken from IGN, apparently all the quests released as Japanese DLC will be on the disc from day one.

SilverPR said:

January 15th, 1:25 pm

Hell this comes first than Heavy Rain???? HHmmm.. perhaps I pick this one before, then again the battle system in FFXIII is more intense than this one and looks like the battle system of past RTRPGs. But that is my opinion, by all means this game will be good.

BigRon3400 said:

January 15th, 1:25 pm

Sooooooooo glad I preordered this game :)

Also @38 I am curious about this too. I preordered at Gamestop.

Thrasher20 said:

January 15th, 1:27 pm

This game looks better than I thought…

Gringo234 said:

January 15th, 1:31 pm

I really the ideas of this game, but how it looks keeps me away. I know they say not to judge a book by its cover but mind you this isn’t a book and that saying doesn’t really appeal to games IMO.

I wish they made Dark chronicles 2 I also really loved the cel shaded graphics from part 2.

terribledeli said:

January 15th, 1:44 pm

After having my heart broken with so-so Phantasy Star Online successors (PSU, PSUP, PS0), it looks like one may finally be able to mend it.

Pre-ordered!

ZFair said:

January 15th, 1:47 pm

“It is Limited to your Imagination” and the game looks amazing and Georama seems like Dark Cloud, which is good

ModernYorkster said:

January 15th, 1:50 pm

Cristian Cardona

I have afew questions that I would like answered if possible.

During online play with WKC when in a party with friends will we be using our PSN IDs? Aswell as will the Players Met feature be used?

Last but not least, can we invite our friends into our games?

piratedrunk said:

January 15th, 1:50 pm

I just have to express how much I appreciate there being no in-game pre-order bonuses. I pre-ordered it anyway but I feel that is one of the worst trends in gaming today. Thanks Level 5

Souledge94 said:

January 15th, 1:51 pm

So you can set up parties right? Like I can invite a friend from PSN to my town and vice versa right?

RurouniSaiya-jin said:

January 15th, 2:00 pm

Looking good. Can’t wait to get this!

Protohype said:

January 15th, 2:01 pm

Aside from being one of my anticipated game of 2010, the narrator does a fantastic job on each video provided.

PAGE 1 2