PS4 - Transistor

White Knight Chronicles International Edition Online Tutorial

Cristian Cardona's Avatar + Posted by Cristian Cardona on Jan 15, 2010 // Associate Product Marketing Manager, Software Marketing

Happy Friday, everyone!

So we’re less than three weeks away from the release of White Knight Chronicles International Edition on February 2! The folks over at IGN just put up our latest video outlining the online experience and covering its various features including the GeoNet and Georama!

The talented team at Level-5 has done a fantastic job of integrating the offline and online experiences, so be sure to check out the latest video below for more info.

Want to know more? Check out IGN’s impressions here. Keep an eye out for more as we get closer to launch!

PAGE 1 2

+ Mobius_124 on January 15th, 2010 at 2:16 pm said:

btw. still no Rumble support? sigh…

+ Kchow23 on January 15th, 2010 at 2:21 pm said:

Trophy support?

Cristian Cardona's Avatar

+ Cristian Cardona on January 15th, 2010 at 2:39 pm said:

Trophies are supported!

+ Neil on January 15th, 2010 at 2:25 pm said:

Where’s Kumi?

+ TGolem on January 15th, 2010 at 2:28 pm said:

A very impressive looking list of new features on top of a sweet looking single play. it’s just a matter of time before i add this game to my collection.

@52 yes this game does support trophies like all new PS3 titles these days.

+ ZeroSection on January 15th, 2010 at 2:35 pm said:

Games still looking good. Day 1 for sure but, do you plan on releasing more DLC in the future? And will we get the cool Home items Japan got for WKC?

+ yukiboy23 on January 15th, 2010 at 2:37 pm said:

can’t wait 4 this game!!!!!!!!!!!!

+ katsuo7171 on January 15th, 2010 at 2:50 pm said:

Thanks for the reply Christian. I appreciate you guys putting everything in the game.

+ ShadowPhoenix18 on January 15th, 2010 at 2:52 pm said:

@Cobra1

Haha, I saw this video a few days ago and thought the exact same thing, and emphasizing every other word. Hilarious, but I love it. :-)

+ jimmyfoxhound on January 15th, 2010 at 2:56 pm said:

You really need to advertise this game. I really haven’t heard much about it but I just pre-ordered as soon as I saw this video! I can’t wait to play WKC!!

+ dam6655 on January 15th, 2010 at 3:03 pm said:

The Japanese rpgs developers are doing some great things with there online. First Demons souls, and now Wkc.

+ D-Squad3 on January 15th, 2010 at 3:18 pm said:

I hate that guy’s voice so much! He sounds so sarcastic.

+ EddyC__ on January 15th, 2010 at 3:20 pm said:

I’m so getting just not at launched till getting the money ready but looks really good

+ ShotgunSean on January 15th, 2010 at 3:23 pm said:

i so cant wait for this game feb 2nd isnt coming fast enough lol i already reserved it and am looking forward to this level 5 ps3 exclusive cuz i been following this game since b4 it came out in japan and am really pumped for the us release.

is there gonna be any talk of additional add-on content in the near future

+ bob52 on January 15th, 2010 at 3:32 pm said:

thanks Cristian Cardona,and Rinaldus91 ,very helpful comment

+ mrkapawutzis on January 15th, 2010 at 3:33 pm said:

I’m actually looking forward to this more than Heavy Rain and Final Fantasy XIII

+ midnightshade on January 15th, 2010 at 3:56 pm said:

Man FEb 2nd needs to get here soon! I have been waiting over 2 years for this game to come out! I got a few multiplat titles in January and they feel like dumbed down gow clones.. I really need a good ps3 rpg to play.. Demon Souls is great but its not really a traditional jrpg. PS1 games and Disgaea 3 over and over again are not enough for us RPG fans.. Why couldn’t you release this month? There are 3 rpgs coming to ps3 in feb-march and I will buy them all but I need something now… Level 5 you better be bringing some more ps3 rpg love after this!

+ speedybull on January 15th, 2010 at 4:00 pm said:

I never played the first dark cloud. But the second one was the best! With Star Ocean 4 and FF13 coming out all at the same time made this a hard choice, but i think im going with WKC!!!

+ raygun333 on January 15th, 2010 at 4:04 pm said:

Looks good, reminds me of Guild Wars a bit, for a second I thought one scene was Lions Arch! Guild Wars had you meet people in towns to start quests, but you couldn’t make your own town. I will be buying this game.

+ Heartsbane on January 15th, 2010 at 4:23 pm said:

Perhaps this only illustrates my extreme anorak tendencies, but i c wut u did thar.

At 01:17, music from Rogue Galaxy starts playing. It’s actually the music that plays during the first English trailer posted back in 2006. Wow, listening to it makes me want to play it again! :)

WKC has been on my buy list since the CG trailer from TGS ’06, and I’m delighted to be getting my hands on it at last. The whole Georama system sounds great – still want a new Dark Cloud, though! :)

+ mcbuttz78 on January 15th, 2010 at 4:48 pm said:

good marketing stragty. Get out early Be the 1st sony AAA+ title out, VERY SMART!!. march would be too packed with AAA titles.

Mcbuttz78

+ Jeigh on January 15th, 2010 at 5:06 pm said:

Alright, you’ve convinced me (and my brothers). I was iffy about it for awhile, but even if it doesn’t live up to the original concept in some ways, this online aspect goes far beyond what I was originally expecting (especially since I wasn’t actually expecting online modes originally).

But… February 2nd!? I didn’t realize it was so close! Things have a way of sneaking up on you when you’re not paying attention.

+ sheena1278 on January 15th, 2010 at 5:56 pm said:

I’m getting this game and gonna recommend it to anyone who needs a great PS3 game!

+ Roguejedi5 on January 15th, 2010 at 7:05 pm said:

I agreed with many people here that this game needs to be promoted it deserves it. Sure you get the rpg and level 5 fans, but you need more than that if you want this game to do great. Especially with that other rpg just coming out a month later.

+ thefjk on January 15th, 2010 at 7:15 pm said:

Uuuuuum, pre-ordered!

+ NoxNoctisUmbra on January 15th, 2010 at 7:24 pm said:

one word WOW!
Game 3 on my list,

GT5, Heavy Rain, now THIS!

+ Jedi5diah on January 15th, 2010 at 7:28 pm said:

more of such games will take 2010 for PS3!

+ LordRaoh on January 15th, 2010 at 7:38 pm said:

awesome, thank you level 5.. already have this game preordered..

i’ve been looking forward to this game since late 2007.. I was upset that i had to wait a year or more later from the original japanese release..

thank god for a good paying job.. mag, white knight chronicles, heavy rain and god of war are all pre ordered..

+ Red_Leader902 on January 15th, 2010 at 9:06 pm said:

Bleh? lol?

+ JumpMan33 on January 15th, 2010 at 9:55 pm said:

I wanna buy this game but I’m afraid I might not like its battle system.
I really hope it gets a demo on the PSN store sometime soon.

+ df2506 on January 15th, 2010 at 10:34 pm said:

I’m going to pre-order this later today! Looks excellent! Can’t wait to play it. :)

+ afrosheen on January 15th, 2010 at 10:48 pm said:

Wow, a late international release, and instead of Level 5 just translating, they add ALL of this stuff? Incredible.

Protip: Advertise this game, it looks pretty darn cool especially with all of the new features added.

+ CloudBelmont on January 16th, 2010 at 12:57 am said:

Omg!!! Looks like very cool. I accomplish WKC pre-order. Only have 3 week… Only have 3 week… Week…

+ Finalsquall on January 16th, 2010 at 5:35 am said:

2010!!! Can I say Year of the Ps3 and JRPG’s!!!

+ ArSEnAL_nAsRi8 on January 16th, 2010 at 6:47 am said:

Should i buy this or Assassin’s creed 2? Assassin’s creed 2 has much beter gameplay but building your own town? Sounds brilliant

+ mike-yazuka on January 16th, 2010 at 7:08 am said:

I would be very glad if someone on this blog could answer this question.
If I buy the American version or the game or the European. Will I be able to play with Americans online with the European edition and visa versa?

+ Berae on January 16th, 2010 at 7:36 am said:

I preordered this game. I prefer this over star ocean

+ gus_xl on January 16th, 2010 at 8:58 am said:

This game is looking great! I didn’t think there was so many things that you could do online. Me and my friend have been looking for a game that we could play together.. this definitely is the one.

+ palitococo on January 16th, 2010 at 9:06 am said:

Ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhh my God, im wating for 2 long long long years for this game, im becoming nervous, just 3 weeks for the release. Please Sony this can be huge but need some good advertising, dont let this game alone. Im have 3 units preorded, 1 for me and 2 for friends.

+ TheGuardianFID on January 16th, 2010 at 11:21 am said:

This sucker’s pretty much SOLD!!! :D

+ Mosh_Pit on January 16th, 2010 at 11:27 am said:

Already pre-ordered this, can’t wait to play it!

+ axeguy on January 16th, 2010 at 1:26 pm said:

just a question, why dont you guys have an official website ALREADY? i mean as far as i knw,games have their official website.

+ KGH on January 16th, 2010 at 9:28 pm said:

what about local play? The whole game looks incredible, and i pre-ordered my copy (I CAANT WAIT!!), but from time to time i get together with some freinds, and i’m kinda hoping theres support for a second person. There is hardly any local support these days….

+ KGH on January 16th, 2010 at 9:29 pm said:

The online features are insanely awesome by the way =)

+ silverthehedgeh on January 16th, 2010 at 11:55 pm said:

i got to ask again is there any playstation home items for the NA version i know youll skip this but id like an simple yes no thanks

+ CloudStorm87 on January 17th, 2010 at 3:48 am said:

I’m gonna be honest, my excitement for this game died when the game kept getting delayed and an international release was never confirmed. This game should have been in my hands last year. It was one of my most anticipated games for a long time but now I can’t honestly say I’m as excited as before.

I wasn’t looking forward to this game for GeoRAMA, or GeoNET or GeoWHATEVER. The reason I was excited was for the first authentic JRPG experience on my PS3, an epic single-player adventured that I have come to expect from the genre.

I might still buy this game eventually but there are too many other games coming out in the next few months that I wanna play more.

It’s a huge shame because Level5 is one of my favourite Japanese developers.

+ LastCrayon on January 17th, 2010 at 7:42 pm said:

I can’t wait. This and Star Ocean should keep me busy for quite some time.

+ Maakasukage on January 17th, 2010 at 9:42 pm said:

DEMO PLEAAAASESSESESS S SSSEEEEEEE LOL

I know its late for a demo if there isn’t one.. ready…. But if there is please release this coming thursday Update!

Thanks and this is awesome. post

+ Maakasukage on January 17th, 2010 at 9:44 pm said:

Sorry for double post. Umm but will this be released as a Video download on PSN?

+ Matakage on January 18th, 2010 at 12:39 pm said:

My feelings about this game went from “That knight looks silly. His waist is too small” to “LEVEL-5?!? I’m totally buying this game!”
Developer reputation makes a huge difference in the world of gaming.

+ blitzclause on January 25th, 2010 at 3:05 am said:

I am curious.
Does this have player clan/guild support?
Thanks dude.