PS4 - The Last of Us Remastered

PlayStation Around the Web: What We Read

Jeff Rubenstein's Avatar + Posted by Jeff Rubenstein on Jan 17, 2010 // Sr. Social Media Manager

“Why don’t you ever do anything on the East Coast?”

That’s a common refrain when we announce plans for our events and meet-ups. Well, this week we’re going to roll up our sleeves and get going on our community plan for PAX East. How many of you will be in the Boston area at the end of March? What would you like to do, and where?

For the past two Seattle PAXes, we had a donut breakfast meetup (I think Joystiq is doing something similar this year), and we invited community into our (formerly) media-only MAG event.

We’ve already got some ideas, but let’s hear it from you!

The PS Blog weekly reading list (Week of January 11, 2010)

PAGE 1 2

+ Dragonzblaze on January 17th, 2010 at 12:13 pm said:

how about u come 2 nyc and do a pax papa john’s pizza game event? also want to see the god of war 3 footage hiphopgamer saw please

Jeff Rubenstein's Avatar

+ Jeff Rubenstein on January 17th, 2010 at 7:58 pm said:

well, PAX is in Boston…

+ Tenan on January 17th, 2010 at 12:27 pm said:

I figure that I’d point out that you guys have the same article up twice:

“Monsters Probably Stole Your Princess”

Jeff Rubenstein's Avatar

+ Jeff Rubenstein on January 17th, 2010 at 7:59 pm said:

It\’s a really good article :-)

+ ProwlingFox on January 17th, 2010 at 12:31 pm said:

what can i say, PS3 just keeps getting better.
Hi Jeff.

+ gold5225 on January 17th, 2010 at 12:43 pm said:

Yea I also hope we see the new God Of War 3 trailer tomorrow PLEASE!

+ JohnAlden on January 17th, 2010 at 12:44 pm said:

Jeff,Will the new GOW 3 footage be out tomorrow or will it be shown during the super bowl?

Jeff Rubenstein's Avatar

+ Jeff Rubenstein on January 17th, 2010 at 8:00 pm said:

The trailer will not be tomorrow, but there be new coverage and content.

+ BigBoss712 on January 17th, 2010 at 1:06 pm said:

^same here, hope to see a GOW3 trailer tomorrow.

+ vectorman88 on January 17th, 2010 at 1:06 pm said:

OSSSIM! im from Jersey so im planning to go. A meet-up would make things even more awesome. hm….maybe a pizza meet, breakfast buffet meet up, contests and prizes, just pouring some thoughts.

+ Chrysus on January 17th, 2010 at 1:06 pm said:

Hip Hop Gamer announcing Sony has thrown all of its toys out of the push chair and is not showing the new God of War 3 footage because the magazine scans got leaked earlly didn’t make the list this week…? lmao!

+ drownedphoniex on January 17th, 2010 at 1:20 pm said:

Host a meet-up that doesn’t require you to be at least 18 years old. :D

Jeff Rubenstein's Avatar

+ Jeff Rubenstein on January 17th, 2010 at 8:00 pm said:

that\’s only some of them! But noted.

+ AngelMayLaugh on January 17th, 2010 at 1:38 pm said:

Nothing in Philadelphia Ever.

Jeff Rubenstein's Avatar

+ Jeff Rubenstein on January 17th, 2010 at 8:01 pm said:

It\’ll happen, absolutely.

+ almighty-slayer on January 17th, 2010 at 1:45 pm said:

I live in Boston :o

Unfortunately the Boston i live in is in the UK :p Damn it!

+ ShotgunSean on January 17th, 2010 at 1:48 pm said:

will there be any ace combat games coming to ps3 someday and im loving that ign’s 2009 game of the year lol

+ KazeEternal on January 17th, 2010 at 1:53 pm said:

According to the guys on Stardust HD 3D (as expected due to the 120 Frame rate that is needed) provides a substantial performance hit. If I’m not mistaken SSHD operates at 1080p and was only using 50 percent of what the Cell had to offer. That resolution has dropped, that must make it a difficult proposition for developers to consider when attempting to deliver a game like say Uncharted 2, MGS4, GT5, KZ2, or any thing else that pushes the PS3 which is already 720p.

I think I’m gonna pass on 3D until Sony can provide me with a console that can supply me with 1080p for every game at 120 FPS.

Jeff Rubenstein's Avatar

+ Jeff Rubenstein on January 17th, 2010 at 8:02 pm said:

If you get hung up on stats and stop paying attention to fun, you\’re only depriving yourself. Not sure that your numbers are right anyhow.

+ perrandy on January 17th, 2010 at 2:05 pm said:

hey sony whats up with the fact the fact that record of agarest war will be psn only while the other box get the( disc based) preferential treatment huh?aside from that, i’m pretty happy that white knight will be here in about two weeks or so :)

Jeff Rubenstein's Avatar

+ Jeff Rubenstein on January 17th, 2010 at 8:03 pm said:

that\’s up to the publisher.

+ colonel007 on January 17th, 2010 at 2:19 pm said:

I just want about the GOW 3 trailer… Suddenly HHG says that the 18th we will see a new trailer and everyone now is hyped about it and waiting for the date to come; then, suddenly HHG says Sony won’t show it, and everyone is getting disappointed.

I am not trying to judge HHG credibility, but since when does he know something no one else know? especially something it is Sony’s job to announce. Where did he get the date 18th January from?

I know there was an interview here at the blog in which the guy interviewed said that Sony will show some new stuff in January. Could you please confirm or deny about that interview if it is going to be indeed new content from GOW 3 in January, whether the 18th or not?

Thanks

+ Destiny89 on January 17th, 2010 at 2:20 pm said:

Trinity: Souls of Zill O’ll looking good everyday!

+ remanutd5 on January 17th, 2010 at 2:30 pm said:

what about New York ? bah , ok Chris , Jeff whats going on with the new God of War videos ? we want to see the new videos!!! is there gonna be a God of War ps3 bundle? new avtars , themes? we want to see the new videos guys !!!!!

+ MooseDog_00 on January 17th, 2010 at 3:14 pm said:

PLEASE! I really want some news on a Game Of the Year edition for Uncharted 2. I’m begging for one, and I heard about DLC

+ Bioman20 on January 17th, 2010 at 3:18 pm said:

What about having events up in Nova Scotia?:(

+ RandySore on January 17th, 2010 at 3:21 pm said:

God Of War III embargo lifts tomorrow & God Of War fans want more than details and not moving pictures already seen. Please, seen E3 nothing has been shown; so please if you release anything god of war related upload it to the PS Store as soon as possible.

Thanks.

+ swiftshot93 on January 17th, 2010 at 4:22 pm said:

GOWIII info PLEASE! The only thing we’ve seen from the game is that one demo from E3 and the game is coming out in 2 months!

Also, any info about Dead Nations? We were promised an early 2010 release >_>

+ Jeigh on January 17th, 2010 at 4:23 pm said:

Koei really needs to work out a new color scheme. Every time I see one of their games, it seems as though their color palette defaulted to “faded.” Even some of the more colorful screens of Zill O’ll seem to be have significantly limited ranges, as if coated in a layer of dirt. Now that they have Tecmo “under the same roof,” they should really talk to those guys about how to ‘pretty up’ some of their bigger titles. Just imagine: a Dynasty Warriors that doesn’t look utterly bland.

That being said, since it’s an RPG, an exclusive one no less, I’m more than willing to look past the look if it succeeds on the gameplay and story aspects.

+ Velmonte on January 17th, 2010 at 5:04 pm said:

I just hope we could get another God of War III Demo but different from E3’s Demo and available for everyone!

Although E3’s demo is cool and all, but in my opinion I am bored of seeing the same footage over and over.. Also please make tons of GoW3 Avatars and a nice Dynamic theme ‘if possible’.

+ Jeeves_Tremor on January 17th, 2010 at 5:54 pm said:

I’d say come up to the great white north, but I honestly can’t think of an event that would be worthy of such a visit from you guys.

And Jeff, I’m holding you to your promise. DICE and GvD, ASAP.

Jeff Rubenstein's Avatar

+ Jeff Rubenstein on January 17th, 2010 at 8:04 pm said:

GvD promised, and reiterated that promise this week. It\’ll definitely happen.

+ Taen_Lunos on January 17th, 2010 at 6:04 pm said:

FOR HOME:::
Please create non-human avatar choices, could you picture running around home as a tiny little sack person (LBP)

Jeff Rubenstein's Avatar

+ Jeff Rubenstein on January 17th, 2010 at 8:04 pm said:

I like that idea too. Will pass on to the Home team.

+ FreQaZoiD on January 17th, 2010 at 8:10 pm said:

Here’s another article from High Def Digest:

“CES 2010 Wrap-up: The Top Five Blu-ray Players”

+ MrBeatdown on January 17th, 2010 at 8:16 pm said:

This is probably not the place for this but… Offer PSN credit codes on Amazon. I’ve got some Amazon credit to burn on there but the PSN selection is mostly Sony-published games.

+ Kchow23 on January 17th, 2010 at 8:19 pm said:

Jeff, please tell me or give me a hint as whether or not there is a chance that a GOW 3 PS3 Bundle is in the works… I’ve been without a PS3 Slim for 3 weeks, I hope all this wont be for nothing..

IN THE END THERE WILL BE ONLY CHAOS

+ Kchow23 on January 17th, 2010 at 8:19 pm said:

PS Whats the ETA for the PS Blog Podcast?

+ Edd on January 17th, 2010 at 8:38 pm said:

It would be nice if they would do a playstation event in Oregon… please?

Can’t wait to see some GOW3 coverage tomorrow, I am so stoked for that game.

+ kentfallskiller on January 17th, 2010 at 10:11 pm said:

yo jeff you always keep it gangsta mane mad props but you know you guys should hit up the third coast and do a little something for Houston or Austin or somethin. Keep it real homeboy!

+ jncasanova on January 17th, 2010 at 10:20 pm said:

My what we read section has been stuck on:

“The PS3 Attitude Awards 2009 – vote now and win! – PS3 Attitude

Posted 01.06.10 02:34 PM”

…since January the 6th!!!!!

+ IceColdKilla44 on January 17th, 2010 at 11:23 pm said:

PAX? Playstation Blog? BOSTON? End of March (right after my birthday)?

…is this a dream?

+ Snipes424 on January 18th, 2010 at 12:03 am said:

I’m a little disappointed Jeff, I know the GoW3 trailer is not up to you to show, but we haven’t seen new video since E3 and I just don’t know why the video is being held back, unless the superbowl rumor is true, but I doubt it.

+ angelspawn77 on January 18th, 2010 at 12:03 am said:

this really sucks that sony wont be releasing the new footage tomorrow, I was looking forward to this so much. I suppose it wasnt their fault so much as it was hhg fault, he supplied a date and then said that it wasnt going to be released after all. All they let us know is january so technically if they show the trailer this month, they will be keeping their end. Im not putting the full blame on hhg, but he did tell the dates when im sure he wasnt supposed to. It still is somewhat sony’s fault for delaying things which they seem to be very good at.

+ denmer0503 on January 18th, 2010 at 12:45 am said:

hi jeff, any word when the new GOW3 trailer will come out?

+ LordRaoh on January 18th, 2010 at 1:39 am said:

Hey Jeff,

Thanks for all the hard work and info. I have a few comments that i hope gets to people that it may mean something to.

1. in the keyboard that pops up there are two empty keys.. any way that these could be populated with “.com” or become customizable?

2. will there be a redesign for the chatpad? i’d use mine more if it were backlit.. who forgot to make it backlit :(

3. I would really like a socom collection in HD (all but excluding confrontation).

4. does sony check the playstation.com forum? if not will there be a forum that they will check? I see members of a dev team on there sometimes, but that’s usually only during beta’s..

5. what is the word on the sony motion controllers.. i was dissappointed to not see any mention of them at CES.. should i be concerned about their initial spring 2010 release?

i have more questions but thats it for now..

+ tvadolas on January 18th, 2010 at 2:59 am said:

There were some rumors about GOW III having fullscreen anti-aliasing any news on this?
I mean no jaggies on screen at all… is this true?

+ klee1234 on January 18th, 2010 at 3:47 am said:

Hey Jeff

Just would like to ask about the state of downloadable games on PSN. Now currently, in terms of self published original titles, I have no complaints whatsoever.

However, one area I find serverely lacking on PSN is classic retro arcade titles, especially from Japanese developers like Konami(Contra), Taito(bubble bobble) and Sega(Shinobi).

Personally I just would like a balance of both new original PSN titles, as well as well known classics during the early 90s. Looking at the top downloads every month, I see a lot of classic titles selling well, so there is definitely a market for them, so please try to consider retro titles as well. you can’t just rely on Capcom exclusively.

Thanks

+ Joe-hara on January 18th, 2010 at 3:56 am said:

Seriously please don’t waste your money on a superbowl ad.

+ Rude_Sparthan on January 18th, 2010 at 4:20 am said:

Jeff we need news about GT5.. but real news because now only 1000 words.. any fact.. any release period and only a delay

hope in becoming frustration

+ XxAmEnEmxX on January 18th, 2010 at 5:13 am said:

hey jeff, on behalf of all the gamerz who waited all this long for the new GOW 3 footage, whn r u gonna show it? and r there new screenshots today? thnx

+ GibbShift on January 18th, 2010 at 7:11 am said:

E3 was in Atlanta back in the day. Come back to Georgia.

+ jormungand_blood on January 18th, 2010 at 8:04 am said:

Any comments about the ps3 trophy hack issue??
its been stated that sony itself doesnt seem to care about people hacking some trophies and the ban for this users seems to be far away

just to know your comments ;)

+ UltimateI911 on January 18th, 2010 at 8:07 am said:

Completely unrelated, but I am wondering if it’s possible for Sony to make a jail space for banned user. I was on a gaming blog and the idea just came up.

All banned users when they load home will automatically be sent to a jail space and cannot access any other space. They can invite friends to visit them in the jail cell. Inside the cell, all they can do is lie on bed or walk back and forth.

+ SpiritThief on January 18th, 2010 at 8:34 am said:

Note:

3D sucks and gives me a headache. Get back to me when it’s 3D for human eyes without the glasses.

Talking Star Wars Holocrons and such.

Also more weekly sales on PSN!! What made Steam? Weekend deals! Where’s the US sale for Trine?:(

+ KARATEKOMMANDO on January 18th, 2010 at 8:41 am said:

Sup Jeff, I know that it basically just came out but does Sony have an estimated time for the arrival of Modern Warfare 2 DLC?

+ Blkant on January 18th, 2010 at 9:26 am said:

Still no Florida……

+ MazzingerZ on January 18th, 2010 at 10:10 am said:

Jeff, PSN people!

PS3 has so many awesome games coming all the time.

I’d love a “countdown” feature on the XMB as a reminder!

That would also be a nice way to increse SW sales don’t you think?

As soon as official dates exists, those games could show up there and be possible to be selected…

I’m not saying that all games should be there but at least the most popular of maybe we could enter a wish list via XMB and the most popular could get a countdown…don’t know…just an idea…

+ Skunka on January 18th, 2010 at 10:16 am said:

@Jeff Rubenstein – Good morning there Jeff. I’m writing in hopes that you’ll read this. Don’t know how else to contact you. You were following me on Twitter at 1 point (Skunka), guess you took me off. MAG event in Vegas was great! I’ve attended all the events in the general LA area in the past year. Keep up the great work your doing in involving the PlayStation community! My question is a simple; Concerning the free copy of MAG your sending us the people who attended, I just did a change of address. If you are shipping through USPS, no worries my mail is being forwarded. But if your using FedEx or UPS, can I give you my new home address? Contact my through PSN I guess (I use “Skunka” as my alias in all Internet sites & online ID’s, PSN & Xbox). As proof & for you to be able to cross reference I’ll provide you with my old address I entered on your assistants laptop (I forgot the brunettes name). Or any other idea you can up with I would greatly appreciate. Thanks for your time Jeff.

PAGE 1 2