Bloodborne

Fat Princess: All Hail the Fans with Patch 1.04

Deborah Mars's Avatar + Posted by Deborah Mars on Jan 20, 2010 // Managing Producer, SCEA Santa Monica Studio

You know what? We love our fans.

We love our fans so much, that we’d like to kick off the New Year with something special just for you.

Tomorrow, January 21, we’ll be releasing Patch 1.04 which now includes a new, FREE city-themed map called Brownie Town.

Fat Princess Brownie Town Screenshot

We’ve also fixed an issue with the online rankings, so now the All-Time and Monthly scores for Team Deathmatch and Invasion have been swapped to post correctly.

It’s all of you who keep the Fat Princess community alive and well, and it means a lot to us. We recently saw some amazing displays of fan enthusiasm and support, and wanted to share with everyone:

Fat Princess cosplay 2 Princesses chase

cosplay_2princesses with cake

You can find the rest of our crazed Fat Princess fans photos here.

A special thanks to Ashe (Blue Princess) and Diana (Pink Princess) for being such hardcore fans of Fat Princess, along with Andy Lee of Asian School Boy and Jason Nishi for taking the photos.

So hey, if you’ve done something Fat Princess-inspired and want to share, let us know and we’ll be happy to feature it on the PlayStation Blog. Just post in the comments and provide us with a link.

Oh, and before we forget: Many of you have also informed us about a warrior shield bug, and just know that we’re working to fix this as quickly as possible. It will not be in this upcoming Patch 1.04, but we’re planning to get this addressed in the next patch.

See you on the battlefield, and as always…

Cake for everyone,

The Fat Princess Team

PAGE 1 2

+ almighty-slayer on January 20th, 2010 at 7:02 am said:

Cosplayer in the pink is hot.

That is all.

+ almighty-slayer on January 20th, 2010 at 7:05 am said:

I’m not sure if i was being sarcastic or not…Lol

+ Jeigh on January 20th, 2010 at 7:07 am said:

Awww. I feel so loved. To the devs, I’m hugging you all through my screen… Hopefully that’s not bad for my health. (Though what isn’t these days?)

Though… those princesses aren’t really fat… Not that I’m complaining. Makes them more easy to… carry away. XD

+ RevSoul on January 20th, 2010 at 7:08 am said:

I Second that on the Pink Princess…

Anybody know when will we see the ninjas and other new characters?

+ Dragonzblaze on January 20th, 2010 at 7:14 am said:

pink princess is hot and yay for free map hope to see the ninjas soon XD

+ Insomnia999 on January 20th, 2010 at 7:14 am said:

Sony, just make sure you release the motion controller before Natal.

When you do release the motion controller, make sure you advertise it heavily on TV.

+ Mistah_Murkle on January 20th, 2010 at 7:15 am said:

I would honestly play so much more if this game had a party system for friends. games are always full for friends otherwise.

+ mew_frenger on January 20th, 2010 at 7:20 am said:

great. been playing fat princess alot lately. really cool game, my fav on PSN. if u r still working on it, would u maybe consider making the matches a little shorter?? if the teams dont work together the matches last forever. kinda the players fault, but it would be great to see maybe a playlist with all game modes, just shorter duration or anything like that. so that ppl could easily squeeze in a session of fat princess more often. hey just an idea. love ur game. thanks for all the free DLC.

Deborah Mars's Avatar

+ Ken Chan on January 20th, 2010 at 10:28 am said:

Thanks for the feedback. Will definitely share it with the Dev team

+ Sup3r_l33t_N1nj4 on January 20th, 2010 at 7:21 am said:

PLEASE READ TITAN STUDIOS!!!

*************************

PLEASE HEAR ME OUT!

+ Korbei83 on January 20th, 2010 at 7:25 am said:

Sweet!

+ SPOPS on January 20th, 2010 at 7:29 am said:

What happened to the DLC you guys teased us with months ago? You know the Chef, Ninja, etc… ???

+ SPOPS on January 20th, 2010 at 7:30 am said:

And oh, thank you for supporting this awesome game. You guys rock

+ Sup3r_l33t_N1nj4 on January 20th, 2010 at 7:30 am said:

PLEASE READ TITAN STUDIOS!!!

*************************

PLEASE HEAR ME OUT!

Bring back the kick feature PLEASE!!! Me and my friends are tired of playing with players who sabotage our own team by destroying the castle doors, team kill and in the heat of a castle defense turn us into chickens with the potion.

Next bring back the switch teams feature I play with over 10 friends and it’s bogus that we all can’t play on the same team unless it’s even. Even when it is even people don’t switch when we ask. Unless you impalement a party mode this is killing the game and community. This is a team game but I can’t even play with my team and clan.

I really want this game to do good but as of now me and my friends haven’t played in months. This was the best summer game to play with my friends during those late nights. We’d be the ones screaming on the mic and just laughing our asses of enjoying the heck out of your game.

We’d play again but after than one patch we just don’t have the patience to get everyone together and then have it ruined by a teamkiller or having someone left out.

Deborah Mars's Avatar

+ Matt Morton on January 20th, 2010 at 3:15 pm said:

Hi there,

Thank you for your comments and requests. We watch the comments on the posts, and do discuss the issues/requests/complaints/praise/love posted on these pages.

Please know we want to keep making Fat Princess as fun, fast and furious as it can be!

You have been heard!
    Matt

+ ShatteredRaven77 on January 20th, 2010 at 7:34 am said:

Me Likey the Pink Princess! Maybe she’ll likey the Icing on my cake???

~ The Shattered Raven ~

+ evenpoint on January 20th, 2010 at 7:41 am said:

a new map… just like that! awesome guys :)

+ djspinal on January 20th, 2010 at 7:41 am said:

MORE CAKE…MORE CAKE…MORE CAKE!!!

+ RevSoul on January 20th, 2010 at 7:43 am said:

I Second that on the Shorter sessions!!

+ ModernYorkster on January 20th, 2010 at 7:52 am said:

Deborah Mars,

Will we be seeing some Fat Princess premium avatars?

+ Aggie_CEO on January 20th, 2010 at 8:02 am said:

#TORGOHYPE

+ tenshin78 on January 20th, 2010 at 8:11 am said:

All the times I played Fat Princess, I pass the pad to my wife so she can play some “lives” and then she die and pass the pad to me and so on, and then we wish for a mode where 2 controllers can work at the same time, maybe you can have one player to be a lead and the other is dragged by the first if they set apart too much or even a split screen (which I doubt they implement), but been a warrior and have a companion Cleric or Wizard supporting would be very cool, and make the snatching even more fun!

+ MiltonMafia on January 20th, 2010 at 8:11 am said:

I like the blue princess. She would look better not sucking her lips in and looking forward though. Who am I kidding I’d do them both! Ménage a trois oh yeah!

+ evildude683 on January 20th, 2010 at 8:12 am said:

I love cosplay!!!!!!
Can’t wait to play the new brownie city stage!

+ EventStatus on January 20th, 2010 at 8:14 am said:

I gotta agree with the others, Pink Princess is hot, but Blue is no slouch either.

+ Link01 on January 20th, 2010 at 8:14 am said:

Sigh, I just wish there were some silver trophies in this… but I do love me some cake !

+ tenshin78 on January 20th, 2010 at 8:14 am said:

Sorry for double post.
I know that can be done online, but so many of us doesnt want to scream to a headset, we have friends that play with us all the time in the same room and we would love to share all that cake, make a party mode or just blend all the action where a second player can just kick in with a second controller in the same room and make this game close to perfect!

+ GooniesAndy on January 20th, 2010 at 8:16 am said:

So excited to hear this news! I can’t wait for the first battle for Brownie Town tomorrow. Thanks, Titan!

+ reson8er on January 20th, 2010 at 8:17 am said:

Any word on when Ninja’s are coming?

+ mywhitenoise on January 20th, 2010 at 8:18 am said:

More developers should follow in your footsteps.
You guys are amazing, I can’t believe you guys are still supporting this game with free downloadble content months after it’s been out. Thank you!

+ Goonchy on January 20th, 2010 at 8:35 am said:

Blue princess all the way!

+ Goonchy on January 20th, 2010 at 8:35 am said:

Thanks for the updates Titan Studio!

+ Maguss on January 20th, 2010 at 8:49 am said:

Sweet thanks Titan Studios!!! I Love your game it’s so much fun!! Hope to see some pirates soon…. ; )

+ bedhead1 on January 20th, 2010 at 8:55 am said:

wwooo!
thank you!

+ TailsTheCat on January 20th, 2010 at 8:57 am said:

Still cant play with friends, on their team. Im not the only one.

Fix the game.

+ Slipping_halo on January 20th, 2010 at 8:58 am said:

Wow such dedication from you guys really makes me glad I bought your wicked game on day 1!!! Thanks soooo much for all the support, and when you guys decided to make another game I will buy that on principle because of the commitment you have already shown us.

+ h4l0fw1nt3r on January 20th, 2010 at 9:00 am said:

Sweet!

+ SharkRocket7 on January 20th, 2010 at 9:07 am said:

MAP SCREEN ERROR
When I go to my map it no longer displays the map name and what type of game is being played. I would like to know if I am in the middle of a deathmatch or invasion. It has been this way for a while now.

+ jqtaxpayer on January 20th, 2010 at 9:10 am said:

I’d like to take those ladies to Brownie Town, if you catch my drift. ;-) lulz.

+ Angelshadow_7 on January 20th, 2010 at 9:15 am said:

SO AWESOME!!!

Where have you been all this time though!!

Thanks for showing up again, i was feeling like the Cake was over :( :D :)

+ Ghost_Shrimp on January 20th, 2010 at 9:16 am said:

Free maps are so [DELETED]! I love you too Titan studios…

+ SpyDudeFX on January 20th, 2010 at 9:22 am said:

Looks cool, can’t wait. Hoping for a map pack soon too!

+ BroWren on January 20th, 2010 at 9:23 am said:

Cosplay princesses are YUMMY.

And so are cake and free maps! :D

+ TheHeavenly on January 20th, 2010 at 10:01 am said:

It’s about damn time. This update is months to late as far as I’m concerned………where are the new character classes you teased us with?

I almost feel like this game was abandoned

+ Dracorius on January 20th, 2010 at 10:01 am said:

Thanks Titan! You guys spoil us too much! Keep up the good work!

+ DZORMAGEN on January 20th, 2010 at 10:03 am said:

This is the BEST PS3 NEWS by FAR in 2010 so FAR on this BLOG!!!

+ DZORMAGEN on January 20th, 2010 at 10:08 am said:

…one more thing to add, is there any way you can make the GLUTEUS MAXIMUS TROPHY a little easier for the next patch? For a Bronze trophy is is REALLY HARD!!

+ ZeroSection on January 20th, 2010 at 10:20 am said:

Any ETA on when we’ll be getting the DLC for the Pirate and Ninja classes? Been waiting on those forever.

+ Thrasher20 on January 20th, 2010 at 10:30 am said:

Big beauties

+ LightningBlade18 on January 20th, 2010 at 10:46 am said:

PLEASE put in a 2 player mode for online and make the arena 2p co-op online & offline. My brother always hogs it. :(

+ TheInfectedBy590 on January 20th, 2010 at 10:48 am said:

Haven’t played FP in a while, going to give it a go soon, Thanks for the free stuff! :D

+ spunnups on January 20th, 2010 at 11:45 am said:

The ability to create a party would be nice, say 5pp?

PAGE 1 2